Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Got Jing, a second sushang, and another March from my 10x pull, I've been incredibly lucky for both event banners so I'm fully expecting to get Silver Wolf/Kafka with pity pulls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Kafka's also going to be a lightning dps, which definitely makes waiting with Serval more appealing than it otherwise might be. Even if I'd get some stars in Memories of Chaos with him that I won't get without, there's no way it would be enough jade to pay for him, and as a character I think he's pretty boring in comparison with a bunch of the upcoming banners.
Put it this way: if you paid the average price for him, and he singlehandedly took you from not being able to clear a single Memory of Chaos stage to 30-starring it, it would take you 50 weeks to make your investment back. Seems like a bad deal.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

and as a character I think he's pretty boring in comparison with a bunch of the upcoming banners.

This is how I feel about Luocha, which makes me kinda :psyduck: to watch everyone going gaga apeshit over him.

He's boring twink wanna-be Goldlewis, what's so appealing about that? :confused:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

This is how I feel about Luocha, which makes me kinda :psyduck: to watch everyone going gaga apeshit over him.

He's boring twink wanna-be Goldlewis, what's so appealing about that? :confused:
a lot of it is the honkai impact connection stuff

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Endorph posted:

a lot of it is the honkai impact connection stuff

Ah, okay, that's fair. Complaint mostly rescinded. :)

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
it simply owns when a dude carries around a coffin that he caresses lovingly, like a freak

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

YES bread posted:

it simply owns when a dude carries around a coffin that he caresses lovingly, like a freak

Sure, but he should also have a minigun and beat people with said coffin.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Tatsuta Age posted:

bunch of math and number nerds itt. roll on who's cute or you vibe with

yeah this honestly

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Jing Yuan has the same JP VA as Jotaro Kujo and has a stand which fights for you as a extra unit and is extremely hot. Also he trivialises Simulated World on the Elation path. Probably not MUST pull, but he's very cool.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The other thing about Luocha is he's the only imaginary character so far you can actually target, and a second healer for people who don't have Bailu/want each of their Forgotten Hall parties to have one. I'm not going to be targeting him, but it's more tempting for me than dragon general.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, as was said: He's a perfect storm of Honkai ties, an underfilled role, and a very uncommon type. So lore plus new healer plus Imaginary.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Luocha being an offensive healer is pretty interesting because it's so different from the way the game's two current healers operate.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Mulva posted:

Yeah, as was said: He's a perfect storm of Honkai ties, an underfilled role, and a very uncommon type. So lore plus new healer plus Imaginary.

Yeah, like, mechanically it makes sense, but a lot of the hype I've seen on like Twitter and etc. is character-centric, not mechanic-centric.

If he's heavily past-Honkai-game related, though, that clears a lot of it up.

He'd still be cooler if he beat people with said coffin though. :v:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

That was a bit hard, Natasha was struggling to out heal the incoming damage

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Kanos posted:

Luocha being an offensive healer is pretty interesting because it's so different from the way the game's two current healers operate.

Honestly that worries me, because I feel like making different characters in the same class scale with completely different stats is going to eventually make it extremely difficult to find Lightcones for new characters without pulling on the 5* Lightcone banner.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Clarste posted:

Honestly that worries me, because I feel like making different characters in the same class scale with completely different stats is going to eventually make it extremely difficult to find Lightcones for new characters without pulling on the 5* Lightcone banner.

i wouldn't be surprised if this was intentional. genshin does this too.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Luocha as an offensive healer + removing buffs from friends and enemies is also pretty cool. On top of imaginary damage.

Jing seems meh in terms of bringing new stuff to the table, but every time his Jojo Stand loving crushes the poo poo out of a team with a giant sword 10/10 cool as hell

I'll probably roll for him for style on 2nd banner, for now it's just biding time for Zhongli Silver Wolf. Also Blade because he's the hottest

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Clarste posted:

With current Abundance LCs, most focus on generic stats like outgoing healing or energy recharge, so they're useful regardless of what your healer scales off of. I would expect design going forward to be more twisted around individual character kits (I think Luocha's leaked LC increases atk%) but at least in this case the LCs seem able to support varied scalings.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
It helps that all LCs buff your base ATK and base HP and base DEF instead of just ATK. That should limit some of the weird poo poo you see in Genshin where the only HP sword is a limited 5-star and the only DEF sword came from an event you could only do for three weeks.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Getting a bit bummed about how many resources it takes to upgrade characters once you start pushing towards the higher levels. There are a bunch of silly team comps I want to play around with but I feel like I’m pretty railroaded into my main 4 or 5 if I want to keep them all around max as ascension levels increase

I know it’s still early but there’s enough characters right now with fun synergies to try and it feels like I’m handicapping myself if I build them out

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

In the mid to long run we drown in so many resources. It does suck to wait, but did you play genshin? At a certain point you build characters just to add them to the maybe roster in case someone new has good synergy with them.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Clarste posted:

I'm charitably assuming that they're going to continue to trickle new 4* and 5* lightcones out in various ways to help to adapt to this stuff besides "pull on the weapon banner". There's multiple potential avenues - SU store, forgotten hall store, starlight, embers, events, etc.

It's honestly imperative that they introduce some variety in each class because if, say, every single Abundance character is a carbon copy of the Natasha template except with a different rider on the heals it would get crushingly boring very quickly.

Good Citizen posted:

Getting a bit bummed about how many resources it takes to upgrade characters once you start pushing towards the higher levels. There are a bunch of silly team comps I want to play around with but I feel like I’m pretty railroaded into my main 4 or 5 if I want to keep them all around max as ascension levels increase

I know it’s still early but there’s enough characters right now with fun synergies to try and it feels like I’m handicapping myself if I build them out

Most people are running into level 70 cap this week or next, which is nearly at the cap. In like two months max people who have been playing since launch will have completely maxed out their A teams and will probably have a significant investment in a B and a C team.

Basically it's just a matter of time.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

In the mid to long run we drown in so many resources. It does suck to wait, but did you play genshin? At a certain point you build characters just to add them to the maybe roster in case someone new has good synergy with them.

I did not play genshin and I did figure this was a problem that would just resolve itself with time.

It’s fine I just want to do it now

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Outside of a brand new character, I don't even bother using my resin in Genshin anymore. I have fully kitted like a dozen characters, and can easily clear abyss. And gearing only became easier as the modern characters require even less RNG artifacts like crit.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7YG0c5gNOA

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I think of the first 10 seconds of this clip basically every time I have to do something difficult.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Kyrosiris posted:

If he's heavily past-Honkai-game related, though, that clears a lot of it up.

He'd still be cooler if he beat people with said coffin though. :v:

There are a ton of characters that are alternate versions of Honkai characters here, but two actual Honkai characters showed up in this world. One is Welt, and the other is something called Void Archives. Which is a total rear end in a top hat that is the entire reason Welt is stuck in this reality, and also took over the clone of someone called Otto Apocalypse, who was a total rear end in a top hat responsible for like 90% of all terrible things in the Honkai universe.

Both of whom look exactly like Loucha. Which is a nickname Otto Apocalypse had. And so....is Loucha Void Archives, or is he just this realities version of Otto Apocalypse? Either way is something interesting for Honkai players/lore nerds.

Like how Welt has "Gravity" powers, but Honkai nerds go "Oh he's using the Star of Eden". Does it matter the majority of the player base? No, but it's a neat little fact.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Mulva posted:

There are a ton of characters that are alternate versions of Honkai characters here, but two actual Honkai characters showed up in this world. One is Welt, and the other is something called Void Archives. Which is a total rear end in a top hat that is the entire reason Welt is stuck in this reality, and also took over the clone of someone called Otto Apocalypse, who was a total rear end in a top hat responsible for like 90% of all terrible things in the Honkai universe.

Both of whom look exactly like Loucha. Which is a nickname Otto Apocalypse had. And so....is Loucha Void Archives, or is he just this realities version of Otto Apocalypse? Either way is something interesting for Honkai players/lore nerds.
I guess that explains why he's called "Rakshasa". Seemed like a hilariously bombastic name for how unassuming he's been in the story so far.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Otto did nothing wrong

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Is everyone just saving their Starlight for the 5-star LCs?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
If they had an appealing character or character Eidolon in the shop, I'd buy it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

im saving it for patch 3.1 which will have the really strong units. you'd be wise to do the same.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've been saving mine with the intent to dump on 4* dupes when they put up any I'm interested in. The lightcones seem like probably a smarter use though.

There's few enough 4* that I'd be interested in doing that for that I maybe don't have to pick and choose either way, idk.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Revitalized posted:

Is everyone just saving their Starlight for the 5-star LCs?

I'm just treating it like a piggy bank I can smash open at some point for something useful. Did I barely miss pity on a character I want? Tickets. Is a 4* in the shop that would get me to a useful eidolon? Okay sure. Otherwise let it accumulate until a 5* LC is buyable.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I'm turning in the starlight for more pulls tbh. I prefer characters to weapons but if I really wanted a character's LC I could use the extra pulls to grab it. At least that's how I see it.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
What are people spending their Herta bucks on? None of the light cones are better then the 4*s I’m already using according to Prydwen and the tickets are tempting but seem wasteful.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Sinistral posted:

What are people spending their Herta bucks on? None of the light cones are better then the 4*s I’m already using according to Prydwen and the tickets are tempting but seem wasteful.
apparently texture of memories is really good on fire trailblazer if you don't have a 5-star preservation cone?

Jing Yuan seems neat but really I'm just dying for a good wind/imaginary damage unit and I haven't pulled either Welt or Bronya

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Sinistral posted:

Texture of Memories for fireblazer because I don't have either taunt cone.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I got a very early Yanqing so I went for the hunt cone and just finished taking it to S5 with this week's SU track reward. I'll probably grab the destruction cone next and take it to S5 as well. The last cone doesn't seem very interesting, but I'd still take it and get it to S5 before spending such a time-limited resource on wishes.

Unless they refresh her store, at some point you'll have nothing else to spend on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I feel like I’ve moved on from fireblazer since I have my Seele hyper carry team and my (under resourced) Clara team and fireblazer has no place in either really