Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

personally I am fascinated by anime where the characters themselves are completely desexualised but the show direction is insanely horny like gunbuster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they cut it from the adult swim version of outlaw star, but gene does have sex a few times.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Finally saw Suzume and it was disgustingly cute. These characters are too clean and sterile but what a cool movie.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

bitmap posted:

personally I am fascinated by anime where the characters themselves are completely desexualised but the show direction is insanely horny like gunbuster
which characters in gunbuster don’t have a romantic subplot

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I don't mean romantic imperative, I mean horniness

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

MonsieurChoc posted:

The perfect anime exists and it's Slayers Next.
this guy gets it

although slayers gorgeous is also up there for having scenes straight out of a nuke documentary in it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuOvbbnx1MU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

bitmap posted:

I don't mean romantic imperative, I mean horniness
kazumi is horny for coach

noriko is horny for smith

yung is horny for everyone

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I started watching Jigokuraku again it's pretty well done and decently original so far. Only like 3 episodes or so in though but it's stylish.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Hey tengoku daimakyou has cool trans visibility and the dub is extremely well written and acted.

Oh

Oh wait

Wtf

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

people seem to be really into that show because it had a hot woman naked in one shot but apparently the plot is that the woman is actually her brother due to a brain transplant and he wants to gently caress his sister

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

spoilers man.

Manga readers are da worst

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

It's good imo

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
the thing whirling is talking about was already in the anime, but also whirling is wrong and probably got that info 4th hand or something because that's not how it happens lol

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Its also pretty horny

In like a toned-down lisa the painful sort of way

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Truga posted:

the thing whirling is talking about was already in the anime, but also whirling is wrong and probably got that info 4th hand or something because that's not how it happens lol

probably, I'm just mad about anime constantly having incest in it because it randomly showed up in Spy X Family and every time that loving weirdo Yuri showed up I was muttering this to myself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr7bF_ZFSB4

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Whirling posted:

people seem to be really into that show because it had a hot woman naked in one shot but apparently the plot is that the woman is actually her brother due to a brain transplant and he wants to gently caress his sister

i wouldnt call that the plot

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Is the trans rep good or not

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

tokin opposition posted:

i don't think it's really present, the character is experiencing sci-fi dysphoria where they grew up a straight cis man and woke up one day inside the body of a woman they were attracted to. this was extremely traumatic to them, we're now seeing them years later, mostly having a handle on it.

i am cautious so far; i worry that it could get extremely bad later. in my view, the worst part so far is the absolutely unnecessary moment where the character says that in their recovery, they found comfort in masturbation, that was the big wtf for me. oh, and there's a b plot of weird pubescent kids being studied in a lab somewhere and having childhood romances.

Doc Hawkins has issued a correction as of 22:56 on May 18, 2023

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

Guess we'll see? Maybe it ends up getting disqualified on technicality? Haven't read it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Whirling posted:

probably, I'm just mad about anime constantly having incest in it
well, there's no incest in it so far

e: the weird b plot doc mentioned is definitely building up to something very stupid or very funny tho

Truga has issued a correction as of 23:52 on May 18, 2023

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

https://twitter.com/deve_dy/status/1659213030276714498?s=46&t=kbB084LXvpaC9EB66c7D6w

guel should stay camping instead of pursuing women and business success

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

who are any of those anime children

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Popy posted:

who are any of those anime children

They are all characters from popular currently running anime.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
anime is in the bad phase of the good/bad oscillation

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Skip and Loafer is really sweet and not horny like this thread has been begging for

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Who is Ropshin? Never heard of them and Google brings up Viktor Sanikov

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

yeah, it was savinkov's pseudonym. famously he was pro-nitro.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Doc Hawkins posted:

yeah, it was savinkov's pseudonym. famously he was pro-nitro.

Ahh okay, I got a big lol that after the SRs lose the Civil War he goes off and works witb MI-6 was thenmoat of loving corse thing.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Doc Hawkins posted:

i am cautious so far; i worry that it could get extremely bad later. in my view, the worst part so far is the absolutely unnecessary moment where the character says that in their recovery, they found comfort in masturbation, that was the big wtf for me. oh, and there's a b plot of weird pubescent kids being studied in a lab somewhere and having childhood romances.

Hahaha jesus christ

It's funny what anime fans have to end up desensitised to.

Hope that that show doesnt start getting too weird other than the part where the MC is talking about wanking in his sisters body who he wanted to gently caress (from what I gather)

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Seems like too much anime nowadays is either about kids (horny) or about kids (wholesome) when it should be about apocalypses, swordfights and mecha

Akira is the template for acceptable high-school manga about kids

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Communist Thoughts posted:

Seems like too much anime nowadays is either about kids (horny) or about kids (wholesome) when it should be about apocalypses, swordfights and mecha

Akira is the template for acceptable high-school manga about kids

Gundam Witch From Mercury is about wholesome horny teens doing swordfights in mecha. That's why it's so popular, it appeals to everyone.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Communist Thoughts posted:

Seems like too much anime nowadays is either about kids (horny) or about kids (wholesome)

that sounds like how anime's been since at least the 90s

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Eternal Boys is an anime about a production company starting a new boy band idol group consisting of only men over the age of 30. It's alright.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

My Home Hero is fun

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

At this point it's noteworthy when a show doesn't have any fanservice at all, so I appreciate Gundam Witch from Mercury for that.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

At this point it's noteworthy when a show doesn't have any fanservice at all, so I appreciate Gundam Witch from Mercury for that.

No fan service

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
gun drat

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

i was thinking of Sekko Boys today, that was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH