Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Propaganda Hour posted:

Myhouse is a triumph of environmental storytelling for dramatic and tension-building purposes. Y'all really should play it. It's only about an hour long to get a few endings and maybe two hours to get all of them, and so much of the game is about an oppressive, nightmare-ish feeling more than anything else.

it's a tremendous testament to the importance of atmosphere as the primary vehicle for horror

all the raytracing in the world on a game like callisto protocol is completely usurped as far as tension, anxiety, and dread goes by a loving doom map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Failshitso Protocol.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Not to be mean but the guy playing doom in that doom video is p funny,

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Wasn't Lords of the Fallen a really mediocre attempt at a souls-like for the previous generation of consoles?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

they put a 90 min demo of the Dead Space remake on Steam and I played for about 90 minutes and liked it a lot.
I was very skeptical of Isaac talking, but it's not bad at all and I do appreciate them making him look like someone who could pose for stock photos of "engineer".
It's a lot of effort to make a game that is still pretty fun to play all over again, but it does look real good and it may lead to some more Dead Space??

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Wasn't Lords of the Fallen a really mediocre attempt at a souls-like for the previous generation of consoles?

yes, but it probably sold enough to have brand recognition

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

yes this is a reboot of the 2014 game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Correct, so people are understandably confused by what this new one brings to the table.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The word "The"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's really startling to see a soulsborne character with a normal human face

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Correct, so people are understandably confused by what this new one brings to the table.

it looks cool

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes but this is THE Lords of the Fallen

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I know its just very unreliable rumors, but I really hope it turns out true about Demon's Souls Remake, and Bloodborne coming to PC and we might hear about that next week.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Every year we pray for a Bloodborne pc port

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't, an fps patch for PS5 would be nice though.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

No, it was the world's greatest shield bash simulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LwQHLtA_3E

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

it was legitimately the first "big" souls-like attempt after Dark Souls. i played the demo for it at San Diego Comic Con 2014 and beat the very tedious boss and got a t-shirt. i did not buy the full game, but from what i've heard it was the very slow and clunky combat that largely held it back. it didn't have custom character creator, you played as A Guy and i think you could potentially customize attack skills or something but it wasn't much.

the new one has a custom character and hopefully much better-flowing combat, fancy spells and a cool looking spooky setting that has like a light world/dark world version that you can see when you shine your magic lamp on the world.

it looks neat. i welcome a more linear souls experience after elden ring.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I remember playing Starship Troopers maps in starcraft 1, Use Map Settings was the best mode lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't, an fps patch for PS5 would be nice though.

first person shooter patch :hellyeah:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

bone emulator posted:

they put a 90 min demo of the Dead Space remake on Steam and I played for about 90 minutes and liked it a lot.
I was very skeptical of Isaac talking, but it's not bad at all and I do appreciate them making him look like someone who could pose for stock photos of "engineer".
It's a lot of effort to make a game that is still pretty fun to play all over again, but it does look real good and it may lead to some more Dead Space??

DSR is, along with RE4R, the gold standard for what a remake should look like: a high quality presentation that modernizes certain elements and lightly expands on elements the original devs didn't have the time or foresight to deal with while otherwise leaving things mostly as-is. my only real complaint about it is that some of the voice work is weak, and i had some stuttering here and there, but it's otherwise a top quality product that is well worth the price, especially now that it's 20% off on steam

i also have no doubt that they'll be doing a DS2 remake after this, since the reception was almost universally positive for DSR, and callisto flopping means there's more than enough market room for another big survival horror franchise, even a remade one. the real trick is what they're going to do with DS3 if they get to that point

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

haveblue posted:

The word "The"

Sakurazuka posted:

Yes but this is THE Lords of the Fallen
They got rid of the "The" on the front so it's the same name now. The original game now has "2014" at the end in the Steam store to differentiate them.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Idk if there’s a proper term for that, “reboot with same title”

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I hope Bloodborne never comes to PC. buy a playstation or gently caress off and play Europa universalis or whatever you click happy desklords play

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Relax Or DIE posted:

I hope Bloodborne never comes to PC. buy a playstation or gently caress off and play Europa universalis or whatever you click happy desklords play

This

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Clicking the button that says “Report”

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I will probably never buy a Playstation

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bloodborne on PC but it's a remake by Bluepoint and they take out all the art direction

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I own multiple playstations, I blame it for my constant diarrhea (my posting).

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I hope it never comes to PC because it's the worst souls game and I already can't stand to play the good ones after playing Elden Ring and Sekiro.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

Lords of the Fallen, Jr

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The kind of people who buy a playstation are the kind of people who sit in a living room and watch TV on a big screen and don't do anything else like a 90s couch potato no offense

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
You can use a controller with PC and should.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Jay Rust posted:

In the kase of Mortal Kombat 1, it's surely the first entry in a new Mortal Kombat 1 franchise, which is to Mortal Kombat what Metal Gear Solid is to Metal Gear.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Boba Pearl posted:

I will not

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Are PS4s cheap again? They were crazy expensive when the PS5 was hard to find but you can just buy one of those now without following a discord. That would take the bottom out from under the ps4 market I’d think

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

PC gamers who refuse to use a controller are not PC Gamers. They are typists trying to break free and go home

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
You should be able to play typing of the dead with a controller and then whine that it's not supportive of your input method.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Boba Pearl posted:

While I usually play with controller, some games I use MKB for.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

you can play every game fine on KB+M and should. the controller is a symbol of sloth and indolence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Real gamers celebrate all flavours of gaming.