Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Cythereal posted:

I’ve met the love of my life but we can’t date. It’s making me depressed.

Oh teenagers.

this is a few pages back but kentucky and sc are right next to each. this is driver over every other weekend close. unless the gf in sc is in the far eastern tip and they are in the far western tip of kentucky. but on average its probably like a 4hrs drive.

he even says he met the gf. dude has no idea how hard it is as a gay teen in the south to find anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

As far as I'm concerned everything is on the table.

Everything? And on the table? PM me.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

snergle posted:

this is a few pages back but kentucky and sc are right next to each. this is driver over every other weekend close. unless the gf in sc is in the far eastern tip and they are in the far western tip of kentucky. but on average its probably like a 4hrs drive.

he even says he met the gf. dude has no idea how hard it is as a gay teen in the south to find anyone.

And she could just be dating him instead! If only she could see how much he loved her!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Desert Bus posted:

Everything? And on the table? PM me.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
AITA for pointing out that my daughter got into that university with her dad's money?

quote:

I have 2 children M22 and F19. My children have different dads. I got divorced from my daughter's dad when she was 9. Her dad did everything he could to alienate her and he managed to do that when she was 14. She went nc with me and despite my efforts I didn't hear from her( we lived in 2 different cities which made it harder)

I recently managed to contact my daughter again and she agreed to meet us. She came with her dad( and btw I had no idea he was coming with her) we were talking and I asked her where she studies. She said she studies in the top university of our country (this is the university that my son wanted but he didn't apply because it's very expensive) and asked my son where he studies. My son studies in a university that is very good and I am very proud of him. He said the name of the university and my daughter was smirking and reminded him that she is now studying in his favorite university which he didn't get into

I was pissed. I told her to stop being so arrogant. She only got into that univeraity because of her dad's money. Suddenly she started yelling at me saying how dare I say that and that she tried so hard to get there and left. My ex called me an rear end in a top hat and left with her
Why did the daughter go no contact with her mother for five years? It must be because her dad poisoned her mind against her, that's the only possibly explanation.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Cowslips Warren posted:

The lack of tables and chairs sounds a bit bad, but everything else about that wedding sounds freaking awesome.

DemoneeHo posted:

Not having enough tables or chairs at the reception sounds annoying for guests. But otherwise the goth wedding rules.
The pearl clutching loserbaby who went out of her way to poo poo on every single aspect of this gathering and every person attending it says they "barely had tables" and describes people standing around. The bride says the whiner's boyfriend had to get her a private table just for herself because she didn't want to sit with the other guests. I see no reason to assume the whiner is reporting more accurately about the seating than about the horrible idea that a man might wear clothes she doesn't like, and based on everything else she wrote i am absolutely ready to assume there was sufficient seating, people were choosing to stand, and she's just a giant funless dork who needed to complain because other people dare to do and enjoy things in ways she doesn't approve of, tbh

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

DemoneeHo posted:

There's a 1/365 chance that someone you know has a birthday today. We have to stop the birthday menace before it claims another.

Depending on how many people you know. Of you know 100 people there's a 24% chance that it's someone's birthday today.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You know, I was just about to ask what happened to that birthday discussion. Thank you for bringing it to this page.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Pope Corky the IX posted:

You know, I was just about to ask what happened to that birthday discussion. Thank you for bringing it to this page.

Sorry I just learned about the birthday paradox and I think it's neat.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I did miss my wife's birthday this year, in fairness it fell on the Friday of my 4-a-week gym workout schedule (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday) so I thought she was churlish to complain.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Olewithmilk posted:

I did miss my wife's birthday this year, in fairness it fell on the Friday of my 4-a-week gym workout schedule (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday) so I thought she was churlish to complain.

That's a lol

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Was thinking about families where everyone is at each other's throats and thought back to the Reddit post where a parent lost a sibling without warning. They told their own preteen kids that they should always end by letting each other know they love the other even when fighting, and ideally their last words when parting should be "I love you".

Rather than rebel or find the idea gross like preteens are wont to do the kids took it to heart and did just that not being embarrassed to hug even in awkward young teenage years and being close into adulthood.

You can frame it as a story of children traumatized by their parent dealing with loss but I found it heartwarming and wish I could find the post now.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for keeping my sick kid?

quote:

I (40M) have 2 kids (8,10) I share custody with my ex-wife. We are civil and try to help each other when we can.

A few days ago, ex asked if I could watch one of the kids (10) so that she and other kid (8) could go to a birthday dinner. Kid was sick, that’s why they couldn’t go. I said ok. Went and got kid and they were really sick. She picked him up after the dinner and they didn’t go to school the next day.

Yesterday, I woke up sick with same stuff. My wife is upset with me because she says we shouldn’t have kept the kid when sick. They should have stayed at home, even though my ex wouldn’t have been able to go to the dinner.

Her reasoning is that she has a job where she doesn’t get paid unless she works and is worried she will get sick too and she has a chronic illness which makes her more prone to getting sick and illnesses are harder on her than others.

But it’s my kid and if I need to keep him, I need to keep him. This is what parents do.

So Reddit AITA??

Update: wife didn’t expect kid to stay home alone sick, she says ex should have stayed home with sick kid. Wife did avoid kid and disinfected everything and I still got sick. If I get sick, she usually does too. Wife has kids too and if hers are sick starting at our house she keeps them and takes care of them but if they start sick over there they stay with her ex. She says since it wasn’t an emergency like for ex to work or something that they should have stayed there. Like it wasn’t worth the risk. I love my wife and just want to know the right thing to do.

2 Update: some clarifications - my current wife has an autoimmune disease and has had complications from normal sickness in the past that has put her in the hospital. That happened once. the birthday dinner was for one of my ex’s friends, not the ok kid. Just want to clear that up.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
my dad kept complaining that my 80 year old bed ridden grandma kept saying "i love you" and i just said "one day it'll be the last thing she ever said to you" and he got real quiet before reverting right back to a stupid jackhole minutes later. and, eventually, it was.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
AITA for making people at the table "uncomfortable"?

quote:

So I'm (20M) is a single dude living with my parents still. I have a job and everything, and I plan to move out soon. My brother (25M) has obviously already moved out and has his own place. He has had several girlfriends for the past 6 years since he moved on. Plenty of times I thought if he found "the one" but didn't.

But recently I found out he's really in love with his new girlfriend Hana. As you couldn't already tell from her name, Hana is of Japanese descent. I was really curious to see what she looked like, as I have a personal preference for Asian women. It's nothing creepy, I just like how they look. My brother said to just meet her in person and said that I'd "really like her."

My brother came over to introduce Hana to me and my parents. And man, Hana was absolutely beautiful. Long hair and nice skin. my brother absolutely scored. I was friendly to her right away. My dad cooked us a feast as a way to get together and also to know Hana better. Hana shared a lot about herself.

She shared about her childhood and how she was bullied for being Asian, and as a result felt insecure about her looks. My mother talked about how Hana was a beautiful and kind young woman and they're glad we met her.

I immediately agreed and went on a bit of a tangent: I talked about how it's ridiculous anyone could bully you because you're so beautiful. Asian girls are one of the most beautiful women in the world, with their skin, eyes, and how they're definitely the cutest type of women out there. I pointed out I liked how short they were and how I love how most of them never have to worry about weight to maintain their appearance.

My brother kind of gave me a glare and Hana got up to excuse herself and said she needed to go to the bathroom. My brother went after her. My mom and dad said I went completely overboard and most likely made her uncomfortable. My brother came back saying that they're leaving and they headed off.

The next day I got a text from my brother about how uncomfortable I made Hana, and how it seemed like I was "fetishizing" her? I found this ridiculous because I was just praising her and finding her beautiful. He proceeded to call me a creep and said I was objectifying her, and I owed her an apology. But I've literally been nothing but nice. I told my friends and they agreed with me that Hana reacted too sensitively. But my parents agree with my brother that I should've apologized. AITA?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Cythereal posted:

AITA for making people at the table "uncomfortable"?

the way my face scrunched up just reading this, i can't imagine how gross it would've been in person

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yeah, I saw where that was going by the second paragraph and I wasn’t wrong

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Clocks posted:

the way my face scrunched up just reading this, i can't imagine how gross it would've been in person

It gets worse when you imagine what the poster must look like. In my mind he can't control his volume either, and possibly is wheezing or running his words together.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Cowslips Warren posted:

It gets worse when you imagine what the poster must look like.

Imagine how he smells.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Imagine how he tastes.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

AITA for getting frustrated with my wife's "bathroom boundaries"?

quote:

I love my wife. So much. But she can have ridiculous boundary issues, especially concerning the bathroom. She hates anyone being in the bathroom with her. Sounds reasonable, right? Except she'll rage angrily if anyone gets near her in the bathroom. Just now, our 3 year old son, hyper as normal, starts to open the bathroom door when she is in there. This happens just as I am walking upstairs from my basement office to get some food. I hear her shriek "Don't open it!!!" at him, in a voice that's both panicky and angry, and he is startled and starts crying "Sorry!! Sorry!!!" and he is obviously upset that his mother just freaked out on him. I'm annoyed because if she really wants privacy, then lock the drat door. But she rarely does. Sometime she leaves it open a crack, and without the light even on so I wouldn't even know someone is in there, and when I start to walk by (not even knowing she's in there) she'll shriek out to not come in the bathroom. Like OK I wasn't going to, but close the drat door if your privacy is that important. That's actually happened so many times, where she is in there, the door is open a crack, and the light is OFF, so I think it's unoccupied, and she freaks out on me when I start to go in.

About a week ago. I walked into our master bedroom which has a private bathroom with two french doors. Both just open. I start to walk into the bathroom not knowing she's there, and she shrieks out "Ahh don't come in here!!" which startles the hell out of me. And she comes out mad at ME. Again... close. The. Door. If. You. Need. To.

Just now when the incident with my son happened (and he was crying and I was trying to console him, angry that such a stupid thing made her react so much as to upset him), I mumbled under my breath "Yeah because the world would end if someone saw you in the bathroom" and I left the room. She texted me "I don't want to hear one more goddamn smart comment about me needing privacy in the bathroom".

It's not that I don't think she deserves to have privacy, it's that I am frustrated that a) she doesn't take the proper precautions to ensure it, and b) blames the other person and gets mad at them (me), or screams and makes a kid CRY, because they (heaven forbid) almost saw her sitting on the toilet.

Reddit - AITA or does she need to chill out?

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Formatting OP's

AITA for letting my roommate's food burn in the oven

quote:

One of my(23m) biggest pet peeves is people invading in on what I am doing. For example, if I am in the kitchen doing something and step out for a few moments. I hate if I came back and someone has "cleaned up" after me. Unless obviously something was in the way or they needed to use something. But I hate when people don't just mind their business and leave stuff how it was. I hated when I lived at home and my mom would tidy up my room when I wasn't around. Nothing crazy but say I left a shirt hanging on my bed frame. I know exactly where that shirt is. Now I am coming back looking for it and it's in a new spot. I ask my mom, she doesn't remember where she put it etc etc. I just am a big believer in minding my own business. I strongly dislike if I am making something in the oven and have a timer set and it goes off and someone takes it out right away and turns the oven off. Usually I want to leave it in a bit longer or maybe that was just the first step and it needed to be checked on. Even if that was the time for it to be taken out. I would much rather people just mind their own things.

So I extend this courtesy to others and its very much in my nature to mind my own business. Usually what other people are doing isn't on my radar and people point out how I am usually in my "own world" a lot. My roommate(22f) on the other hand is the complete opposite. She has to be part of everything. If I'm watching something, she asks what I'm watching. If I look at my phone and laugh she asks why I'm laughing etc. It's not a problem. A lot of my friends are like this and I don't find it annoying, it can be endearing. She's like this with everyone. But she grew up in a big household whereas I was an only child so she has some different tendencies. She can be absent minded and easily distracted. She'll almost expect people around her to be watching out for her. She'll have water boiling on the stove and wander to another room. Also she has the annoying(to me) tendency to "clean up" after me or other people that are in the apartment

She was baking cookies in the oven and I was in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal. I was also wearing airpods. She left the kitchen for a while and eventually I heard the oven going off faintly through the airpods but it wasn't my business. Eventually she came rushing into the room and took the cookies out. They weren't burnt to the point where they smelled but her chewy cookies were solid. She told me I should have heard the oven and took them out. I told her if that's what she wanted she should have told me to listen for the oven and I would take them out and that you can't just assume someone will. She said it was rude.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Clocks posted:

yeah i was squinting hard

...oh no, wait!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

FMguru posted:

AITA for pointing out that my daughter got into that university with her dad's money?

Why did the daughter go no contact with her mother for five years? It must be because her dad poisoned her mind against her, that's the only possibly explanation.

She was apparently being incredibly vile in the comments but the account is suspended now.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The Maroon Hawk posted:

It’s not the kind of wedding I’d throw for myself, but if I were invited to one, I’d fit the theme and probably have a fuckin’ blast
I would definitely make a dress from scratch.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

FMguru posted:

They deleted everything but apparently in the comments she admitted that her daughter got a full ride academic scholarship. But I'm sure that was all dad's money too.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

AITA for not covering up more to float in my pool?

quote:

I have an above-ground pool in my backyard. It's almost as tall as the fence, so you can see into it from my neighbours' deck and lots of their windows. In short, it's not very private.

I'm 8 months pregnant and getting pretty uncomfortable. Being in water helps enormously, so I like to spend a good chunk of time most evenings just floating in my pool. I wear a bikini to do this because it's about a million times easier than fighting with a one piece. The end result of this is that my neighbours get an eyeful of large, pale (wear sunscreen, kids!), stretchmark-covered belly when they look in the direction of my backyard.

The other day, my neighbour stopped my husband when he was on his way out to ask if I could cover up more in the pool. Apparently they're avoiding using their deck because seeing so much of my body is uncomfortable for them. My husband laughed as if they were joking and they didn't press, but now they've started giving me dirty looks whenever they see me.

AITA for subjecting my neighbours to my pasty pregnant body on the regular?

AITA for allegedly causing my coworker to lose out on $4,000?

quote:

My coworker and I have been chosen to attend a work-sponsored international conference at the end of the year. As the conference has 1100+ attendees, the workshops and discounted hotel rooms fill up/sell out pretty quickly. I’ve been monitoring the conference website daily and even shared the site with my coworker. On the day the registration opened/discounted hotel rooms became available, I texted my coworker early in the morning to give a heads up.

My coworker replied to my text asking if I could book him a room to which I replied I couldn’t because the hotel required a lot of info that I didn’t have. When I got into work, he was visibly upset. He showed me a printed invoice for a hotel room that he had booked on a third-party travel site that added up to $4,000 and was non-refundable (the discounted price I paid was around $1800). In addition, he had the conference website open and was complaining that the link to the discounted hotel rate was not visible.

I was in shock as this coworker prides himself on being the least impulsive/fiscally responsible person in the office. I didn’t want to upset him further so I offered to help him look up the cancellation policies for the booking company. He became increasingly upset and finally I asked if he wanted me to just leave him be to figure it out. He raised his voice, “Yeah, leave me alone!”

Later on in the day, I attempted to check in on him to which he ignored me. When I went to turn in my travel info to our boss, my boss mentioned that my coworker had cancelled his reservation with the booking site and was waiting to see how much he could recuperate.

It’s been three days and today I confronted my coworker to talk about what happened. He angrily replied, “If you aren’t going to help me to get my $4,000 back, we have nothing to talk about.” I was in disbelief as it sounded like he is blaming me for his actions. I feel really bad for him possibly losing out on this much money but AITA?

AITA for telling my cousin it’s not a privilege to babysit her kids?

quote:

I (28M) have a cousin Sylvia (24F). Sylvia has twin girls who are 4 years old now. When she got pregnant, her boyfriend broke up with her and moved to another county. She was really heartbroken and had post natal depression so the entire family took turns taking care of her babies for the first year or so. Now it’s just my sister and I who help because everyone else has either moved to another city or have kids of their own to look after.

I also have a fiancé Sarah (28F). Sarah got into a car accident a few weeks ago and I took a break from work to stay home and take care of her. Sylvia heard I’m taking time off work and asked if I could take the kids full time for one week while she focuses on some exams she’s taking. I said I’m sorry I wish I could, but I have my hands full with my fiancé. Sarah can’t do much for herself at the moment and is in constant pain. It’s also a lot for me to bare seeing her like this and I don’t have the mental or emotional capacity to take care of anyone else.

Sylvia asked if Sarah is the one who told me to say no and I said no, I’m the one saying no because I genuinely can’t. Sylvia said 2 four year olds aren’t much work and they’re quiet kids so they won’t be too much to deal with. I said I know her kids, and while they’re not super disruptive, it’ll still be too much for me to handle. I took time off work to take care of Sarah, not to take care of her kids too. I said sorry again and asked her to ask around for someone else to help.

She said fine and ended that conversation. A few days after the initial conversation, she FaceTimed me to say she realised I don’t prioritise family because I’m picking my fiancé over her and she won’t be bringing the kids to me anymore. I laughed at the absurdity and told her to stop acting like me babysitting her kids is a privilege for me. I do it because I love and care for her and want to do her a favour. Babysitting is a favour for her, not a favour for me. She said I’ve taken it too far now and hung up the call.

I completely forgot about her and the conversation because Sarah was doing a bit worse and we had to go back to the hospital, but Sylvia sent me a message saying she can’t believe I haven’t even reached out to her since. I haven’t responded and don’t plan on it.

Was I the rear end in a top hat?

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Invisible Clergy posted:

get a cat, she'll either make sure to lock the door in the future or she's going to have a poopbuddy for the rest of her life

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

AITA for refusing to cook more for the unexpected friend my boyfriend brought home after he was already late and then going to bed?

quote:

My (22F) boyfriend (24M) was supposed to come at mine around 8 pm so we could have dinner together.

He didn’t showed up until an hour later and when he arrived, he was with a friend

I greeted his friend and asked my boyfriend to follow me in the kitchen. I asked him why he was late and what was his friend doing here. He said that on his way home, he ran into the friend,they went to get drinks and when he saw the time, he invited him to eat with us

I asked why he didn’t warned me before allowing him to come eat with us. He answered he didn’t think it’d bother me.

When I told him that I didn’t cooked enough for three, he said that it wasn’t too late for me to cook more for his friend.

I refused and said no, it is too late for me to cook more for your friend because it’s already close to 9:30pm and I have to wake up early for work tomorrow.

He asked what was his friend supposed to eat then, I replied that he could either cook for his friend or give him my plate and then went to bed after saying a quick goodbye to his friend.

I heard the front door open and shut minutes later and I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I’d received a couple of texts from my boyfriend saying that my behavior yesterday was very rude, that his friend had felt unwelcome and me being mad at him wasn’t an excuse for the way I had treated his friend.

I didn’t replied but now I feel guilty because I didn’t want to make his friend feel unwelcome

AITA?

AITA for asking people to bring food to a BBQ?

quote:

I am American, my husband is ******Australian****** if that plays into it at all. My husband and I are at odds over this. We’ve invited about 6 families over for a BBQ this weekend. I asked for his friends contact info (he invited 2 families, I invited 4) to start a group text saying something along the lines of: “planning on starting around x time, if you want to bring a side/app/dessert that would be great, we’ll have plenty of mains.” I am planning on smoking a brisket (or ribs depending on timing)/ chicken wings/brats and hotdogs for kids - spending about $200 including some beer and non-alcoholic drinks for 25/30 people. He thinks it is “trashy and low class” to invite people over to our house and then ask them to bring something. My take was it’s a BBQ and my friends ask what they can bring anyway. But I’m feeling bad now and am wondering if it is really viewed as tacky to try and coordinate for other people to bring sides - is this a cultural thing? To clarify: when we’ve hosted party-parties before (birthdays/holidays) I generally take care of all the food but I’ve always viewed a BBQ as more of a potluck situation. Should I be a better host and take care of sides as well?

See if you can guess the husband's nationality.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Invisible Clergy posted:

:lmao:

I didn't know which way this one was gonna go based on the title, and I certainly didn't expect it to go beyond locking the door into setting up secret "empty" bathroom traps. I can't even begin to imagine what's going on with that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I have first-hand been to and hosted BBQs that were "fully stocked", "bring sides", and "we've got the grill, bring what you want on it". As long as you communicate cleanly it's all kosher.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Does anyone have a link to either the story where OP's spouse inherits the family box of human teeth and OP would like to get rid of it or the story where OP's wife forbids him from entering the second story of their new house? I tried searching the site/old threads and could not find them.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Invisible Clergy posted:

This is like reverse potty training.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
The wife is anxious about locking the door with the little one around and her being solely responsible for him.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

AITA for asking people to bring food to a BBQ?

See if you can guess the husband's nationality.

In the vastly superior neighbouring country where I live, it's quite common for guests to bring stuff. I'd figured it was the same across the ditch.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
In Michigan it's very normal to bring something to the BBQ

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Invisible Clergy posted:

Does anyone have a link to either the story where OP's spouse inherits the family box of human teeth and OP would like to get rid of it or the story where OP's wife forbids him from entering the second story of their new house? I tried searching the site/old threads and could not find them.

teeth story:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982535&pagenumber=1549&perpage=40&userid=0#post527194790

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Total Meatlove posted:

The wife is anxious about locking the door with the little one around and her being solely responsible for him.

Yes and she has an eye issue where she needs it to be dark in the bathroom while she uses it and also she doesn't have any arms so it's ableist to expect her to close a door all the way

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

InediblePenguin posted:

Yes and she has an eye issue where she needs it to be dark in the bathroom while she uses it and also she doesn't have any arms so it's ableist to expect her to close a door all the way

Maybe she's in the bathroom in the dark so the kiddo doesn't bother her, but she keeps the door ajar so she can hear him in case something happens while her husband works. No idea why she was in the en suite bathroom in the same manner the one time, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

edogawa rando posted:

In the vastly superior neighbouring country where I live, it's quite common for guests to bring stuff. I'd figured it was the same across the ditch.

All the people in the comments from the same country as husband are also confused because it's extremely normal to do there.