Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Facebook Aunt posted:

I used to think I was a picky eater as a kid but maybe the real problem was that I was a kid in the seventies

"What's wrong, kid? Isn't your stuffed carbon fish prettily garnished enough?"
"It tastes kinda weird."
"...tastes? That's what cigarettes are for, not food. Food is a harrowing bonding ritual."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

I was a kid in the seventies

:corsair:

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

The fabled Fun One.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

In the 70s there was this one jello salad that showed up at all the pot lucks and whatnot. Lime jello, pineapple, finely chopped cabbage. Celery?
Apples? Cucumber? Sweet, crunchy, a genius way to trick kids into eating vegetables that hadn't been boiled until grey.

But lime wasn't the only green jello flavour. The madmen at the jello corp couldn't leave good enough alone. They had to introduce savory Jellos.

No.

The first time you bite into green jello and it's not sweet is such a loving betrayal. What the gently caress is this poo poo? Except you're 5 years old and not allowed to say anything. The big scoop of glistening horror sits on your plate, mocking you.

They knew what they were doing. Just throw any loving thing in there you pigs.

They know what they did.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

They know what they did.

I cannot identify two of the suggested Things that should go into the gelatin. And it isn't the smallsignificantly larger than a cucumber pastry.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I don't think you should put fish in jello but at least a savory vegetable-flavored one makes more sense.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

OwlFancier posted:

I cannot identify two of the suggested Things that should go into the gelatin. And it isn't the smallsignificantly larger than a cucumber pastry.

Is it the tulip bulb and granny's balled up stocking?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gonna put a full bone-in chicken drumstick in jello.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Thank god we settled on cilantro Jell-O

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Data Graham posted:

Gonna put a full bone-in chicken drumstick in jello.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW

Gelatinized and loving it.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
I think one is a whole leg of ham.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

Is it the tulip bulb and granny's balled up stocking?

Better guesses than I could make yeah.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Grand Fromage posted:

I don't think you should put fish in jello but at least a savory vegetable-flavored one makes more sense.

On the other hand, that removes a huge amount of prank potential

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Jell-Oed eels

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://v.redd.it/xprun4htoh0b1/DASH_1080.mp4

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

This is probably one of the few good uses of durian. The taste of 'passionfruit left in the sun mixed with blue cheese' might actually work with a broth plus fatty pork. The smell would be something else.

The other good use is as high nutrient compost.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

A Perfect Twist posted:

This is probably one of the few good uses of durian. The taste of 'passionfruit left in the sun mixed with blue cheese' might actually work with a broth plus fatty pork. The smell would be something else.

The other good use is as high nutrient compost.

I was a bit surprised to see the place had indoor seating.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ever dreamed of complementing your food with a delicious mango ranch sauce but gave up because it seemed hopelessly out of reach? Well, you may want to sit down because it's soon becoming a reality:

Kraft Heinz Unveils HEINZ REMIX™, The First Customizable Digital Sauce Dispenser

quote:

HEINZ® is no stranger to unique sauce combinations that satisfy fans’ cravings & needs (hello, MAYOCHUP®!). Now, HEINZ REMIX is taking personalized sauces to new heights, creating a first for the sauce and foodservice category. The free-standing machine is touchscreen operated, enabling consumers to first select from a range of “bases” – currently HEINZ Ketchup, Ranch, 57® Sauce, and BBQ Sauce – then personalize further with one or more “enhancers” – currently Jalapeño, Smoky Chipotle, Buffalo, and Mango – at their preferred intensity level (low, medium, high).

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ever dreamed of complementing your food with a delicious mango ranch sauce but gave up because it seemed hopelessly out of reach? Well, you may want to sit down because it's soon becoming a reality:

Kraft Heinz Unveils HEINZ REMIX™, The First Customizable Digital Sauce Dispenser

winning the lottery and instantly buying one of these for every room in my house.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

"mango ranch, intensity high"

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Captain Hygiene posted:

These aren't as bad as they look.

They do allow operators (and Kraft-Heinz) to collect data on product usage - but it shouldn't collect any personal data, only statistical data on what products/mixes are being used the most. The bigger deal here is the potential for waste reduction. If anyone ever develops a compostable ramekin, and we can incentivize operators to buy in to industrial composting - it could reduce the trash footprint by a pretty impressive amount. Remember the campaigns over the last couple years to reduce single use plastics? The same is true of condiment packets.

Is it stupid? Sort of. But there is value in it to the businesses involved, and potential value for everyone else. Unless operators suddenly raise their prices to offset the cost, there is basically no downside to the consumer.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Any mention of IoT always makes me cringe, but I actually like the idea of playing around with most of those flavors. Ranch feels like the odd one out though, it's fine but I'm probably not gonna bother trying to make it interesting.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

IOT guarantees there will be zero security on these things, but who cares? If you’re giving a condiment machine personal information it’s probably a good idea to take a step back and consider the life choices that got you to that point.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Coca-Cola already has those for sodas, IoT-enabled and all. You see them in a decent spread of fast food places around the US. Condiments seems like a natural next step.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Still salty that the world does not recognize my accomplishment in using those to create the greatest soda of all time, Vanilla Barq's

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I don't see why either would need the Internet of Things, but if you can do it, I guess sauces may share a lot of ingredients.

Although I feel like something so thick, I wouldn't think you could do the kind of automated mixing in the spray sort of thing, so I'm not sure how it's supposed to work. Or how you're supposed to prevent bits from gunking up or leaving residue that taints other sauces.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

KataraniSword posted:

Coca-Cola already has those for sodas, IoT-enabled and all. You see them in a decent spread of fast food places around the US. Condiments seems like a natural next step.

These things were loving obnoxious to maintain, but I got free drinks out of them so I was happy to try putting peach flavor in anything that would accept the option

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

those exist as a way to make it technologically possible to have customers fill their own cups and not get free refills

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Still salty that the world does not recognize my accomplishment in using those to create the greatest soda of all time, Vanilla Barq's

The one at work has Barq's cream soda, but not root beer. What kind of maniac made that stupid rear end decision?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Elviscat posted:

The one at work has Barq's cream soda, but not root beer. What kind of maniac made that stupid rear end decision?

E:

Tunicate posted:

those exist as a way to make it technologically possible to have customers fill their own cups and not get free refills

What?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Elviscat posted:

That's wild. Their cream soda feels like such a footnote that I've barely ever seen a store carry, I can't even imagine seeing it in a freestyle machine.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Normal cream soda, or red cream soda? I'd love a red cream soda right now

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Brawnfire posted:

Normal cream soda, or red cream soda? I'd love a red cream soda right now
The only dkfference is how they're taxed.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Vanilla and red cream soda feel like they're the biggest gulf in two similar things that I either love or hate
Red cream soda is the garbage one :boom::blastu::supaburn:

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Speaking of Mayochup, I've started spicing up my ramen with Worcestersrirachashire lately and I just wanted to get that word out into the public consciousness.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Dammit fell for a troll

a sexual elk has a new favorite as of 06:10 on May 19, 2023

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Coke Freestyle machines support DRM on cups so you get one fill and that's it

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Tunicate posted:

Coke Freestyle machines support DRM on cups so you get one fill and that's it

They've had them here for a decade and I've never seen that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Shooting Blanks posted:

These aren't as bad as they look.
. If anyone ever develops a compostable ramekin, and we can incentivize operators to buy in to industrial composting - it could reduce the trash footprint by a pretty impressive amount. Remember the campaigns over the last couple years to reduce single use plastics? The same is true of condiment packets.

They could use the small peat pots i bought this year to grow my tomato seedlings.

Hm, rustic