Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Extremely badass though I'm holding out for Wolverine's skeleton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Looks rad, but these dudes are HUGE (although properly scaled). He's like 7" or 8".

oh yeah lol here's their comparison shot next to some normal sized guys

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Louisgod posted:

Always been surprised Legends hasn’t done that or the bandana post-Fatal Attractions Wolverine.

Hell I always thought doing a Maestro with the Trophy Room would be a winner as well.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The promo pics for these are always hilarious

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I like how the giant space marine has a wee noggin

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Louisgod posted:

Those are everywhere now in the 616, I think everyone has at least 1

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I like how the giant space marine has a wee noggin

He's not a Space Marine, he's a Primarch. The genetically and magically created artificial sons of the Emperor of Man. The Space Marine Legions were created later based on the Primarch's genetic information.

and the tiny head is canon

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

RIP to a real one:

‘Star Wars’ toy designer Mark Boudreaux dies

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is it big bulky armor, or are they actually Hulk bodies with tiny heads underneath too?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Aphrodite posted:

Is it big bulky armor, or are they actually Hulk bodies with tiny heads underneath too?

I saw a video game cut scene and it appears to be some horrific bonding of a regular person onto armor

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.
Two years after pre-ordering, Captain America came in today and just barely squeezed into the display case.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Gripweed posted:

oh yeah lol here's their comparison shot next to some normal sized guys

I’ve held off on getting any so far but when they make Horus I may finally give in

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Aphrodite posted:

Both!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3DsHGDRQ5M

Joe Fisto posted:

I saw a video game cut scene and it appears to be some horrific bonding of a regular person onto armor

OK so a regular Space Marine, after being pumped full of extra organs and super growth hormones to become a seven foot tall muscle man, the final step in their transformation is the implantation of the Black Carapace, a subdermal layer that directly interfaces with their armor. In the video posted above, those ports on the guy's body? Those are how the Black Carapace links to the armor. It means that the armor moves the exact same time as their muscles, removing the unavoidable delay that happens with other, more primitive forms of power armor.

How horrific that is is a matter of personal taste, but for Marines who have fallen to Chaos they can get way more horrific, as the corrupting power of the Warp blends man and machine. Many Chaos Space Marines stop being able to remove their armor as it becomes fused permanently to their body, and may even begin to feel through it as if it was their skin.

Sanschel posted:

I’ve held off on getting any so far but when they make Horus I may finally give in

That's 40k Guilliman. So far they seem to have no plans for any Horus Heresy stuff, only 40k stuff. Which rules out Horus. But Abaddon is on their list, they do plan to do an Abaddon soon.

edit: picture of Abaddon model.

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 18, 2023

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

That’s the clip I saw. I obviously misremembered it being painful for the marine.

Getting old is hell on the memory

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is it a 10 minute religious ceremony every time?

That seems like deployment would be an issue.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Aphrodite posted:

It’s okay, their opponents wait for them to finish.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 18, 2023

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Xenomrph posted:

It’s okay, their opponents wait for them to finish.

So Warhammer is anime?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

So Warhammer is anime?
I’m being flippant, but canonically Orks absolutely would wait. They’re there for the fight, if it means they have to wait for the Space Marines to tie their shoelaces before throwing down, I’m confident they’d do it.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Aphrodite posted:

Once they're in their armour they can live in it almost indefinitely. Also they can do it faster with just a couple of arming thralls, but the Imperium loves its rituals

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Aphrodite posted:

In case of emergency it can be rushed, even done without benediction from a Tech Priest. But they believe this upsets the armor’s machine-spirit and leads to lower performance.

So they typically don the armor before they enter the engagement zone and stay in the armor until combat is complete.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ha! I have my MAFEX. I don't need Gwen. :smugdog:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I definitely prefer the Orks' "it works cause we believe it works" philosophy when it comes to explaining or rationalizing space magic.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I definitely prefer the Orks' "it works cause we believe it works" philosophy when it comes to explaining or rationalizing space magic.

Chaining from that, I love the fan theory that Commissar Yarrick was undefeatable because the Orks believed he was undefeatable, so their latent psychic energy made it so.

40K rules.

Toy related, it’s looking like my preorder of the Joytoy Szarekh Necrons (and maybe Celestine and her Geminae?) will be arriving from ShowZ any day now.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Endless Mike posted:

The promo pics for these are always hilarious

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, will ever beat this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Davros1 posted:

:stare: :stare: :stare:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m into Denji type boys rn

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Davros1 posted:

drat, mcfarlane's getting better with their headsculpts.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

In his newest video Dan Larson says the Super7 Silverhawks line is seemingly dead after some rightsholding bullshit. Condolences to anyone who was buying that line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY2vzFQn3E4

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Flynn said there would be news on wave 5 soon on his last Fwoosh interview, and Super7 did a Q&A on Twitter a few days ago where someone asked about Silverhawks reaction. They replied that they are coming, but may be a bit. So I'd guess they're still working on some things.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

stop what you're doing and watch this

https://twitter.com/SJHA_World/status/1659333040395673600?s=20

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

No, I refuse

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t know what it says so I won’t

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Why do bug man get huge

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Joe Fisto posted:

Why do bug man get huge

So his flying kick can actually do something

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Xenomrph posted:

Chaining from that, I love the fan theory that Commissar Yarrick was undefeatable because the Orks believed he was undefeatable, so their latent psychic energy made it so.

Theyvalso refuse to kill him. There was a story where he was defending a city that eventually fell to orks and he was captured with a few of his retinue. When he was brought before the warboss, the warboss gave him his hat back, loaded all the PoWs onto a plane and were instructed to "make the next 'un just as fun"

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Love the Xenoblade series (except #2) yet we haven't got a god drat Shulk figure for whatever reason? Gotta please that waifu crowd I guess.

https://twitter.com/GoodSmile_US/status/1659398010122522624

US shop pre-order link: https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/figma-mio-10890/?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=product&utm_campaign=14372

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Theyvalso refuse to kill him. There was a story where he was defending a city that eventually fell to orks and he was captured with a few of his retinue. When he was brought before the warboss, the warboss gave him his hat back, loaded all the PoWs onto a plane and were instructed to "make the next 'un just as fun"

There's a fan theory that Ghazghkull has launched a Waaaagh to destroy Primarch Daemon Prince Angron because he thinks Angron's killed Yarrick (which stems from one of the skulls on Angron's belt having a cybernetic eye, or something). Probably not true, but a fun idea.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Go buy Magnetos hat

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1659605134635155458?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I love how the... poo poo how to even describe it, commercial? just flat out ignores everything and goes with a "THIS IS AWESOME" feeling. Godzilla's legs need to fold backwards? gently caress it. Need an angel for an arm? gently caress it. Rider becomes massive? (Snorts new line of coke) gently caress IT! GIMME MORE SPLOSIONS!

Also, got my magneto helmet ordered so starting in Sept no one can ready mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

my LCS got the Joy Toy White Scars Outrider bike! But that's it, they didn't get any other figures, let alone a White Scar to ride it.