Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

HonorableTB posted:

https://twitter.com/Soumysh21/status/1659297385728602116?s=20

Tony Khan we are so disappointed in you that you are hereby forced to produce a third television show for your wrestling promotion as punishment for your low ratings

If that logic worked Futurama would have like 5 spinoffs by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Quid posted:

If that logic worked Futurama would have like 5 spinoffs by now

To be fair Futurama has ended and been revived about that many times, there's a new season starting literally next month

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I am very excited for new Futurama for the next 1000 years

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings was one of the best endings for a show ever and I'm glad the people involved can keep getting work but I can never take any of the revivals seriously because of how insanely loving great that episode was.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I am very excited for new Futurama for the next 1000 years

i hope they call it Presentrama

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if 3 shows is what it takes, so be it. a network must compile enough ratings to last the winter

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Drakkel posted:

To be fair Futurama has ended and been revived about that many times, there's a new season starting literally next month

Wait, what? :tviv:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Guillermus posted:

Wait, what? :tviv:

How did you miss the drama about them threatening to recast Bender because his voice actor wanted a fair salary for the cast

Internet went wild

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

How did you miss the drama about them threatening to recast Bender because his voice actor wanted a fair salary for the cast

Internet went wild

I keep myself fairly disconnected from Internet drama + helping my gf's grandad (he's 91), working and a huge backlog of games makes me only have time to look for Wario64 deals on twitter and a few memes.

More futurama is always good and I hope they get paid well :buddy:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings was one of the best endings for a show ever and I'm glad the people involved can keep getting work but I can never take any of the revivals seriously because of how insanely loving great that episode was.

True but the last series finale was pretty good too. Looking forward to the next series finale.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

MJeff posted:

It is indeed a fantastic episode, but Meanwhile is also a very solid finale as well.

Honestly, with the exception of the first two feature length specials (Bender's Big Score and Beast with a Billion Backs) Futurama stayed pretty consistent with its quality and I do believe it is overall the superior show to the Simpsons considering how drastic the fall of the latter was.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Honestly the only bad thing about Futurama is the semi-annual buzzfeed listicle that does the rounds about “10 TIMES FUTURAMA BLEW OUR MINDS WITH PAINSTAKING ATTENTION TO CONTINUITY - MOST PERFECT CONTINUITY EVER?!?” because of the shadow in the pilot, ignoring all the other times the show actually pays no attention to continuity at all because sometimes jokes are funnier than continuity.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Futurama DVD commentaries with cast and crew were amazing. Had those playing drat near every day in the late 00s.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
When you can't decide if we should never root for a company to fail or root for all of them to die.

https://twitter.com/MissKatefabe/status/1659647941148135426

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The gently caress is a syringe dick

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

If you gotta ask, you can't afford it

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

when someone puts a syringe in your dick duh

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

It's how you inject a lethal dose of poison into your company.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So XPW and wwe got it

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Sounds like something the Steiners would have done to some jobbers in the showers

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/MaxwellGT2000/status/1659719277849767936?s=20

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Punk has also used the f-slur and r-slur.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
If this Punk transcript gains steam it could be the funniest way this saga ends.

bartok
May 10, 2006

coconono posted:

Punk has also used the f-slur and r-slur.

recently?

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I think CM Punk is a shithead but stringing him up for some poo poo he said 20 years ago is dumb. Even if they were slurs. It's more important that he regrets it and has matured since. I'd hate to think that if I became an internationally renowned pro wrestling superstar my brother could end my career instantly because of the time I called him th n-word when we were playing tekken 3

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Look, saying the n-word is wrong, but as Randy Orton proved, sometimes it can also be incredibly funny.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Crapple! posted:

I think CM Punk is a shithead but stringing him up for some poo poo he said 20 years ago is dumb. Even if they were slurs. It's more important that he regrets it and has matured since. I'd hate to think that if I became an internationally renowned pro wrestling superstar my brother could end my career instantly because of the time I called him th n-word when we were playing tekken 3

Let's see what happens if WBD demands a public apology from Punk!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Crapple! posted:

I thought Pat's 2 tweets were fine -if read just in response to the transcript. It looks a little dumb in response to Lucy though, since they're pointing out how hypocritical it was, not just how gross.

Punk has no cache with me, but I'd prefer if there were less assholes and abusers in an entertainment field I enjoy, whether because they improve or get run off.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/HeelWillMahoney/status/1659615953129177088?t=BT_IvTZcT5mIAOcalE0lVg&s=19

Time to slander Luther for no reason

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
If CM Punk lets Luther throw a chair at his head and bite him, then the Elite should let Tony rehire Ace Steel.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Some would say that Luther got Jericho the gig, through his connections to Brandi.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

https://twitter.com/jbhitch04/status/1659756430491099136

Looking at Brandon's on-screen character and thinking wow what a total buffoon why would anyone hire that guy.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Okay but hear me out. Luther is rad.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Isn't Luther an Austrian count with a PhD who speaks like 13 languages? Who wouldn't hire him?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

he's a doctor

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

CommonShore posted:

Isn't Luther an Austrian count with a PhD who speaks like 13 languages? Who wouldn't hire him?

He's also locker room poison, look at how he's always going into business for himself when it comes to Serpentico. #SerpSquad

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Get that bag, Luther

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/BS_Slayer_/status/1659939032502083584?t=V5gca6PtcfvGX6INGOXEZw&s=19

A full troll account, how original

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

#TheAeWFULPortionOfTheRoster is NOT trending worldwide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

CommonShore posted:

Please tell me this is all true.