Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Pretty fun glitch to get the prologue master sword into the main game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzoZAIbcJ-U

Incredibly strong for the early game but unfortunately you can't fuse anything to it so it'll get overtaken in power as you get better weapons and fuse fodder. But it's the only indestructible weapon in the game I'm aware of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
They should've stolen Elden Ring's press button to ride horse.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Khanstant posted:

Three of acorn equals one of milk

This is why we should adopt metric

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

BigglesSWE posted:

Putting a bee hive on a stick and a springboard on a shield makes for some really great meme fighting.

I discovered quite by accident that the Hylian Shroom on a weapon gives it the "Bouncy" modifier and will loving homerun bokos

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Dareon posted:

I discovered quite by accident that the Hylian Shroom on a weapon gives it the "Bouncy" modifier and will loving homerun bokos

I would use this tactic more if they added in the Smash Bros perfect baseball bat hit noise when you did it :sigh:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I've been playing pretty much everyday since Friday, I've unlocked the entire map, viewed all of the tears of the dragon stories, beaten the first dungeon, and I feel like I've still barely scratched the surface of the game. Not even talking about the Deep, just exploring how the overworld map has changed, and then amount of caves (how were there not really caves in the last game?), I can easily see myself playing this game for months. Which would be ideal because I don't think there are really any other major games coming out I'm interested in until Starfield in September, which is 4 months away.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Natural 20 posted:

Yeah autobuild should have been included from the start rather than gated behind story progress.

tbh it's pretty much only gated behind getting the paraglider (or a fairy, I guess). Nothing stops you from getting it if you end up in that location early on like I did.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Found an ominous glowing red chest in the center of an arena in the depths. Turns out it was guarded by a gauntlet of three four five loving Lynels of increasing difficulty.

Ended up just cheesing the fight by finding a spot in the rafters where I could deploy a floating laser drone and resupply it with batteries throughout the fight. Had to be deployed fairly high up, because Lynels have a large AOE roar that instantly dissolves any constructs near them. Still wasn’t easy, since I had to hop down and climb back up to lure every new Lynel over to the drone, and they could still hit me with arrows while I was in the rafters.

The thing in the chest was neat but probably didn’t warrant so much effort, but at least now I have loads of Lynel bows and high-level Lynel parts for fusion.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I could never be arsed to defeat a single Lynel in BotW (never finished the game tbf) but I reckon I’m gonna have to cross that bridge at some point this time around.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Dear lord gleeoks can be a pain

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

In the Depths, I kept following the sword holding statues past the Central Mine and ended up at the South Lomei Labyrinth before taking a break. Are there more statues leading to more stuff past this?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Metapod posted:

I thought they were just gonna be a dungeon boss, I'm surprised and disheartened by how many areas of the map are just no-go zones at the moment because there's an electric gleeok sitting there :sweatdrop:

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Tokelau All Star posted:

In the Depths, I kept following the sword holding statues past the Central Mine and ended up at the South Lomei Labyrinth before taking a break. Are there more statues leading to more stuff past this?

Yes there are more. They merely pass by the labyrinth.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Metapod posted:

If you wanna make short work of them: Lynel bows + eyeballs. Each of the 3 arrows benefits from the homing + damage of a single eyeball and 2-3 volleys will bring down all 3 heads. You can even bring them down before they fly high at low health.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm tracking down memories right now going by the map I took a picture of, and the fifth one is near the desert. I can see where it is and tried looking at it from a skyview tower jump but I don't see a filled in tear anywhere. Do you have to approach from a certain angle for the tear to glow?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I'm tracking down memories right now going by the map I took a picture of, and the fifth one is near the desert. I can see where it is and tried looking at it from a skyview tower jump but I don't see a filled in tear anywhere. Do you have to approach from a certain angle for the tear to glow?

I always just found them on foot. Look for the circular divot.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This one is gigantic and on a multitieted mountain, it will take forever to scope on foot

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

This one is gigantic and on a multitieted mountain, it will take forever to scope on foot

The tear will only be on flat ground. If you want specifics, I think its on the topmost level.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Spent the evening doing the Rito stuff and the Wind Dungeon. Man...this game is so good.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

RatHat posted:

I’m more interested in the implications of Purah now having a working immortality machine

While it's technically true we all know she is going out by getting torn apart because she tried to crack open one of the infinitely refilling gacha part dispensers and caused a local space/time collapse.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

evidently I've been killing way too many random minibosses because I'm on my 2nd dungeon and all the constructs in here are already scaled up to Level 4 lol

also, fire dungeon rules

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

RatHat posted:

I’m more interested in the implications of Purah now having a working immortality machine

Assuming it doesn't end up giving her cancer or something.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Augus posted:

evidently I've been killing way too many random minibosses because I'm on my 2nd dungeon and all the constructs in here are already scaled up to Level 4 lol

also, fire dungeon rules

Oh poo poo is this actually a thing? I might have to stop killing them...

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Hold on I can’t save the world right now

Too busy meddling in local mayoral election

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Augus posted:

also, fire dungeon rules

I fought a construct today thinking I was super clever by throwing its cubes off the sky island, but after a while I realized it could just regenerate them, so I had to kill it like normal

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

snoremac posted:

They should've stolen Elden Ring's press button to ride horse.

The horses kinda suck. They control badly and their range for how far away you can call them is very small

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
What's everyone rolling with for Depths cross-country Zonai vehicles? I haven't found one that can handle hills well.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

BigglesSWE posted:

I could never be arsed to defeat a single Lynel in BotW (never finished the game tbf) but I reckon I’m gonna have to cross that bridge at some point this time around.

They are pushovers. You can build a hover drone but honestly I just chucked a couple of battery fueled laser droids at one and let them kill it. By the time he roared them away he was down to a sliver of health.

f#a# posted:

What's everyone rolling with for Depths cross-country Zonai vehicles? I haven't found one that can handle hills well.

Hover bike with a large lightbloom glued to the front.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 19, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

mcmagic posted:

The horses kinda suck. They control badly and their range for how far away you can call them is very small

Elden Ring and MGSV still the best video game horses I’ve ridden so far. Brain had addiction to the dopamine those exhilarating horseback battles gave me

(Never played Witcher 3 to compare)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

f#a# posted:

Glider with jets and a balloon attached. No need to surf on hills, It just lifts off over the terrain.

External Organs posted:

Spent the evening doing the Rito stuff and the Wind Dungeon. Man...this game is so good.

Same pace here :hfive:

Only just realizing I could go anywhere next and it's quite wonderful.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
i think i've decided that i don't like tulin

not only is he Not A Character I Already Cared About, but he's also a brat, and also, most importantly: i cannot loving find him. "Oh, tulin? He's at some random bumfuck cave in the middle of this mountain, in a blizzard. There'll be a bonfire outside, probably!" Cool, cool, thanks, love the directions.

edit: complaining on the internet works, i just randomly stumbled across the cave. The completely nondescript cave with no bonfire in front of it. gently caress you, game.

edit2: wrong cave, gently caress me i guess

edit 3: they put the bonfire inside the cave, after literally directing you to the tower. the signal bonfire. which is supposed to be visible from the air. you literal loving birdbrains.

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 19, 2023

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

mcmagic posted:

I also find they're not great for exploring since you can't pick stuff up and are going to be climbing too often that the horse has to be left behind.

I've found them useful for moving a few koroks to their fires.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

I got my copy a few days late and I'm really only just getting started, but you can get onto the Rito dungeon early.. Sure, it doesn't really let you do anything besides get a couple of chests, but it's one hell of a view. I kept thinking "oh, this looks like a good place for them to storygate" and it just didn't happen. This game is crazy cool.

Guess I'm gonna go try to do this for all the rest of them before continuing the plot!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

f#a# posted:

I've been grabbing stalhorses whenever I can find one rather than using constructs. Makes me feel doomy as gently caress.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Working on upgrading armor sets to see what their set bonuses are. The Miner's Set gets Shining Step... which just makes you leave behind little glowy puddles every few seconds while you're walking. Cute... but useless.

Now I wanna try upgrading the Depths set but it wants a bunch of Depth Fireflies and those fuckers are weirdly hard to find, and you can't attach insects to arrows so no duping. Bah!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Blaziken386 posted:

Incorrect.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Tulin is cool. Ghost Tulin helping out big sniping Frox eyes in the dark.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Can i learn the recipes for the horse god upgrades anywhere in game? Otherwise I’m gonna just google em

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I would honestly be okay with a mod that removes the dead-eyed stare from my ghost buddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Blaziken386 posted:

not only is he Not A Character I Already Cared About, but he's also a brat, and also, most importantly: i cannot loving find him. "Oh, tulin? He's at some random bumfuck cave in the middle of this mountain, in a blizzard. There'll be a bonfire outside, probably!" Cool, cool, thanks, love the directions.

edit: complaining on the internet works, i just randomly stumbled across the cave. The completely nondescript cave with no bonfire in front of it. gently caress you, game.

edit2: wrong cave, gently caress me i guess

edit 3: they put the bonfire inside the cave, after literally directing you to the tower. the signal bonfire. which is supposed to be visible from the air. you literal loving birdbrains.

it’s a pretty big bonfire, hard to miss