Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fruits of the sea posted:

There’s actually a bunch of differently angled attacks in Morrowind but the devs had that option default to off because players didn’t like it :v:

I meant Dark and Darker with that. :v:

My favorite thing about the various Morrowind attacks is that sometimes they make no sense. Why yes the best attack type for this axe is stabbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Scalding Coffee posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1229/Overlord_Ultimate_Evil_Collection/

A very violent Pikmin game with you being the bad guy, for over a dollar. All my friends have the great Overlord game and Raising Hell. Overlord 2 dropped the ball and there is an unrelated game in the bundle.

I played the first one on xbox way back when and had tons of fun.
the mouse controls in the pc port are extremely bad as though so I would say don't buy unless you plan to play with a controller

Hwurmp posted:

what the gently caress is an Extraction Shooter

are they clones of Dead Space: Extraction

it's a genre where a bunch of players spawn around a big FFA pvp map full of loot and your goal is to smash and grab enough of [whatever] to get rich and then make it back out alive.
usually with a big focus on stealth so you try to hide from other players/groups, sneak up on people to murder them and take what they're carrying, hide in wait outside the areas with the best loot or by the exits to set up traps for the players who have become become fat loot pinatas, etc

you have to buy the loadout you go into the level with and drop everything on death so it adds a lot of risk/reward elements in terms of deciding how much expensive gear to risk on each mission
some people really like the tension of like trying to get to the exit with a huge jackpot when you could potentially lose it all at any moment

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Deceive Inc. is an extraction shooter that doesn't have those meta mechanics like buying loadouts or punishing your account for dying so you can absolutely afford to just say gently caress It We Ball in that game.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

One thing you can do in DI is use the prop hunt gadget to disguise yourself as a toilet. And if you're queued up in a team, you can have three people disguised as toilets, then go patrolling the map gliding menacingly at the other players.

And you can very possibly have a weird Mexican standoff because everyone knows the three toilets out by the hors d'oeuvres in the ballroom are enemy spies, but if you take a shot at them you break disguise and reveal your own position, opening you up to getting third partied. The world's most awkward gala.

You can also, if you successfully identify another player separated out from their team, corner them in a room or office by glaring at them menacingly. Disguised as toilets.

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013

Runa posted:

One thing you can do in DI is use the prop hunt gadget to disguise yourself as a toilet. And if you're queued up in a team, you can have three people disguised as toilets, then go patrolling the map gliding menacingly at the other players.

And you can very possibly have a weird Mexican standoff because everyone knows the three toilets out by the hors d'oeuvres in the ballroom are enemy spies, but if you take a shot at them you break disguise and reveal your own position, opening you up to getting third partied. The world's most awkward gala.

You can also, if you successfully identify another player separated out from their team, corner them in a room or office by glaring at them menacingly. Disguised as toilets.

What actually ends up happening is other people see "oh poo poo people in disguise must be players" and immediately start trying to ambush and shoot at them without thought, even if it will almost always result in the ambushers getting killed instantly

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Sailor Dave posted:

What actually ends up happening is other people see "oh poo poo people in disguise must be players" and immediately start trying to ambush and shoot at them without thought, even if it will almost always result in the ambushers getting killed instantly

Going all in on the toilet gambit is always risky, but when the exact confluence of factors add together to make it work, it's hilarious. Like players who are overly cautious or caught out, or a player that was already tailing another unrelated mark who both happen to stumble upon Toilet Squad. Or another team that notices what you're doing and is kinda into it. And a match in DI is short enough you can totally just decide to do a dumb gimmick for a few tries before getting back to business.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The odds of you being killed by a toilet are low but never zero.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Runa posted:

Thread title if I’ve ever read one

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I played the first one on xbox way back when and had tons of fun.
the mouse controls in the pc port are extremely bad as though so I would say don't buy unless you plan to play with a controller
A controller was too slow for me and not being able to look around quickly felt like a handicap.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Runa posted:

On the toilet on the other hand… not so low!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

The 7th Guest posted:

- Lost Skies revealed, by Bossa Studios (Surgeon Simulator 1 & 2). A co-op survival game set in the sky with floating islands for 1-6 players. You'll be able to build skyships and pilot them together, which makes me think of Black Skylands.

This looks cool, but is also reminding me vaguely of Worlds Adrift, which makes me sad. Still ought to see if Black Skylands' final version is going to be good, according to the devs it's supposed to be done for good some time this summer.

EDIT: Oh, duh, it's because Bossa Studios WAS the studio that made Worlds Adrift. Well, we'll see how that turns out with a smaller scale.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Runa posted:

Is it kosher to mod report for title change requests? I know one IK lost her poo poo about it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Serephina posted:

Is it kosher to mod report for title change requests? I know one IK lost her poo poo about it.

Meh that was dumb, it's totally fine, but don't worry about it cuz I'm here reading the thread!

e: there ya go. But yeah reporting a post for a title change is the usual way. I also get PMs sometimes and that is fine too.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNwqEJsAGCE&t=140s

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

That guy was totally fine and very sorry and mended his ways. I assume.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Kiryu never killed anyone, so the odds of him killing someone in a toilet are indeed zero.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

HopperUK posted:

That guy was totally fine and very sorry and mended his ways. I assume.

(Yakuza 0 ending) that actually is the guy who kills Tachibana, and then gets killed by Kuze

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

HopperUK posted:

Meh that was dumb, it's totally fine, but don't worry about it cuz I'm here reading the thread!

e: there ya go. But yeah reporting a post for a title change is the usual way. I also get PMs sometimes and that is fine too.

lol

thanks HopperUK, and also everyone

Saoshyant posted:

Kiryu never killed anyone, so the odds of him killing someone in a toilet are indeed zero.

lmao

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
That Starship Troopers game is really good except that there is really only one planet and two modes, so not a lot of variety, still really fun to play. It's 16 player co-op in case people didn't know, and it gets pretty intense, especially when trying to extract, good fun, price is right.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMKzWB3sDFc

Related. Man, Yakuza 0 was so drat good. I should play through it again. They were firing on all cylinders with that game.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Prey mimics can turn into toilet paper

what are the odds of being killed by toilet paper

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

Prey mimics can turn into toilet paper

what are the odds of being killed by toilet paper

reasonably low, but there have been stories of prison shivs being made with densely packed toilet paper cemented by toothpaste

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
What happened to giving swirlies?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iURNsBfk-c0

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Serephina posted:

this is always fine, or pm me/a mod. i love a good title change. (efb, what hopper said)

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Runa posted:

There's a thief character in Deceive Inc that can, with a perk, pickpocket inventory from other players without breaking either of their disguises.

This includes the objective package.

I have been the perpetrator and the victim of this particular bamboozle and it is -fantastic-
The whole game kinda slaps but it's flying under a lot of folks' radar.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

DarkDobe posted:

I have been the perpetrator and the victim of this particular bamboozle and it is -fantastic-
The whole game kinda slaps but it's flying under a lot of folks' radar.

Can you have two of them stealing the package from each other back-and-forth while trying to avoid being spotted as human by any of the other players?

Orv
May 4, 2011
I mostly haven’t gone in on Deceive Inc yet because I have fond memories of things like The Ship which started out really cool and then quickly devolved into “Get a fire axe and throw it at your targets face as fast as possible from across the room.”

Also I’m old and tired.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I miss Assassin Creed Brotherhood's multiplayer so much.

Nothing ever quite compared to it for me, not even Relevations.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Same thing happened there, yeah. I want one of those where the incentives to play it ‘wrong’ have been solved and I want a Spies vs Mercs that’s successful.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

Can you have two of them stealing the package from each other back-and-forth while trying to avoid being spotted as human by any of the other players?

Technically yes up until the package does its automated auto-ping. Which exists because otherwise catching the package carrier would be almost kind of impossible.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Runa posted:

:boom:

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Hwurmp posted:

PowerWash Simulator offers all the joys of real power washing with none of the messy clean-up or torturous going-outside
I hate real life power washing because it's a lot of OH gently caress OH gently caress I'M DAMAGING poo poo and need to deal with THAT.

On all the gaming podcasts I listen to, I got the impression Hardspace: Shipbreaker got kinda passed over in lieu of Power Wash Simulator.

I personally loving loved Hardspace. It felt therapeutic, methodical, and was a fine podcast game. The only shame was there wasn't and won't be more of it. Sounded really mod-unfriendly too; devs saying the physics work they had to do to make the game manageable for most PCs/consoles was quite limiting.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hardspace: Shipbreaker owns

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Some people also hate Hardspace because it has a union story. Caveat emptor.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hardspace: Shipbreaker owns because it has a union story

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Hardspace is a great game because it's just tense enough to be exciting while also being methodical enough to be relaxing to play. It's like defusing a bomb at the start and then just carving wide swaths of material off at the end. It does suffer a bit from the early game being less interesting than the later game because it's much safer, but it doesn't take that long to get to the harder stuff.

I mostly burned out on it a lot because I played it so much during the early access where every update brought out a progress reset, so I spent a *lot* of time in that early game.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Yeah ... I had it early access but checked out early. Got into it in a big way once it was 1.0. I do feel it's a game I would go back to or play over. But I really really wish there was just more.

The credits cite real life shipbreakers as inspiration with some imagery to go with it.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Power Wash Simulator is pretty good, but IMO it only becomes transcendent with gyro controls. I'll sit in my office chair with the Steam Deck and just gently rotate back and forth, sweeping it around like an actual washer wand. It's really pleasant.

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The new Starship Troopers game is actually getting pretty good reviews on steam. I guess the systems really work out in motion? For 25 bucks I'll probably pick it up.