Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Mr. Barnesworth
Jun 28, 2008

I said GOOD DAY, sir!

PawParole posted:

Holy poo poo, Congress knows and they have a "department of reverse engineering"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jtqMGKaw6c

our boi finally hit the big leagues: cringey raid: shadow legends sponsorship

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE

quote:

THERE IS NO ONE ELSE THAT SEEN WHAT I SEEN.

I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW BY EMAIL WHAT OR HOW MANY HAVE SEEN WHAT I HAVE SEEN

:smug:

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i hope this is good, my money is on black holes explaining everything in the end

i love them so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXbtNzCz26I

i think this was prompted by the hubble finding this that looks like a black hole that was kicked from a merge event and is leaving so much rich stuff, i guess from its former accretion disk, that it is leaving a rich star-field behind it
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2023/hubble-sees-possible-runaway-black-hole-creating-a-trail-of-stars

it may not be that at all of course, who knows but they fuckin rock!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLiGHxnz86I&t=164s

edit: it didnt suck but it quickly veered from black holes into telescopes and photography of dragonflies

Sleekly has issued a correction as of 12:12 on May 19, 2023

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

The Saucer Hovers posted:

lol
trusting stanton friedman
i mean sure if you want a wheelchair ramp built up at the church or something, sure. but,

Stan was pure of heart

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wheeee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jtqMGKaw6c

our boi finally hit the big leagues: cringey raid: shadow legends sponsorship

I don't like how alarmingly prevalent this cyclical catastrophe thing is beginning to be...

the conspiracy theorist in me has no choice but to read into that

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I don't like how alarmingly prevalent this cyclical catastrophe thing is beginning to be...

Y'know, I've been living under the absolute certainty that complete social and ecological devastation is going to happen within my lifetime, and not even towards the end of it. For a good few years I was absolutely frantic about it - I couldn't settle at all unless I was drunk, I was like a cat on a hot tin roof

But I've kinda just come to accept it, and try to focus on enjoying my life while I still can. I hope you manage to come to accept it too

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

just like staring at the wall, you can see whatever you want there
the sky is always falling for someone, doom will come to you on its own, or it wont, there is no need to define it ahead of time

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Barry Foster posted:

Y'know, I've been living under the absolute certainty that complete social and ecological devastation is going to happen within my lifetime, and not even towards the end of it. For a good few years I was absolutely frantic about it - I couldn't settle at all unless I was drunk, I was like a cat on a hot tin roof

But I've kinda just come to accept it, and try to focus on enjoying my life while I still can. I hope you manage to come to accept it too

life is a lot better when you stop chain smoking and listening to police scanners in metro areas you don’t live in.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

depends what youre smoking but yeah

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Sleekly posted:

i hope this is good, my money is on black holes explaining everything in the end

i love them so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXbtNzCz26I

i think this was prompted by the hubble finding this that looks like a black hole that was kicked from a merge event and is leaving so much rich stuff, i guess from its former accretion disk, that it is leaving a rich star-field behind it
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2023/hubble-sees-possible-runaway-black-hole-creating-a-trail-of-stars

it may not be that at all of course, who knows but they fuckin rock!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLiGHxnz86I&t=164s

edit: it didnt suck but it quickly veered from black holes into telescopes and photography of dragonflies

They assuredly will be tightly coupled to helping us figuring it out, assuming we ever do. It is impossible for us (and likely kind of silly) to simply build bigger and bigger accelerators to slam poo poo together at higher energy levels. Even if you build one big enough at high enough energy levels to replicate energy levels at the big bang all you do is make a black hole. All of the answers are around them and what they do.

I’m hopeful we’ll get it someday. Physics spent a long rear end time up it’s own rear end in a top hat with supersymmetry and assumptions based on previous knowledge squashing lines of inquiry. Flawed Interpretations of quantum mechanics, perceptions of gravity and spacetime itself get in the way.

Now though you see more and more folks that just accept what the data seems to be saying. Spacetime as we perceive it at a human scale is most assuredly not fundamental. Quantum interactions may not be fundamental. There are threads around the edges being pulled on to get the mathematical relationships unwound. If some of the things around the edge like AdS/CFT correspondence is correct, we will get closer to figuring things like gravity out by just looking closely at a quantum computing system that may be fundamentally acting as an analogue to a black hole hologram.

Radars people, assuming they exist, probably figured this stuff out and are just laughing at the insane monkeys strapping themselves to chemical explosives to move around on Earth and into the atmosphere instead of making a machine that falls in the direction you want it to go.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

imagine the power of black hole computing

we might finally be able to predict the 55-65 turnout of voters in phoenix

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

imagine the power of black hole computing

we might finally be able to predict the 55-65 turnout of voters in phoenix

Somehow this super accurate computer built by Google for the US government is saying that 185% of voters will turn out and go 60-40 for Trump! Oh well, we know it’s correct to 6 sigmas. Congratulations Mr President.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

id want trump in the event of an explorable/exploitable black hole actually

such big beautiful power you wont believe the things its taught us ivanka was saying i shouldnt do the philadelphia experiment again but i did folks i did it and wow let me tell you wow

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 minutes!

watched this last night, my wife was on one couch crying, i was on the other hootin' and hollerin'

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

this will sound very silly

i am wondering about the question of dark matter but viewed through people who may wonder about such a thing pre-quantum thinking. weird talented people like Da Vinci, Newton, Einstein etc and scientists ignored, various sci fi dudes etc or people who met the inquisition, alchemists or loving Merlin, Crowley and John Dee lol and if there are clues there to quantifying it a bit better. people who really really got into the concept of an invisible unstoppable force with no name. not rot, not evil, not religious at all, not just time but a thing controlling the whole of everything thats in everything

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

Stan was pure of heart

yeah, no.

no.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
been thinking nuts and bolts about orbs lately, specifically of the shiny metal and not luminous variety

lets say you are the nro and it's early to mid-1970s. you keep getting more and more funding, and you keep bringing more and more capability online. thanks to programs like keyhole the us government is enabled to do all sorts of visual reconnaissance anywhere on earth on short notice which is a crazy capability. big Ws all around, good job team!

however, the optical systems are at their limit - no increase in performance on the hardware will help because the system is diffraction limited and in practice max out at a resolution of ~0.05 arcsec or so. you're the nro - what happens when you are inevitably asked to come up with a 'eye in the sky' system that could beat diffraction limited satellite recon?

the pockets are very deep, if the promised capability is suitably impressive. im staring at the problem and the only obvious way to beat the optical limitations is to get closer, and figure out how to orbit the keyhole replacements inside the atmosphere

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Sleekly posted:

this will sound very silly

i am wondering about the question of dark matter but viewed through people who may wonder about such a thing pre-quantum thinking. weird talented people like Da Vinci, Newton, Einstein etc and scientists ignored, various sci fi dudes etc or people who met the inquisition, alchemists or loving Merlin, Crowley and John Dee lol and if there are clues there to quantifying it a bit better. people who really really got into the concept of an invisible unstoppable force with no name. not rot, not evil, not religious at all, not just time but a thing controlling the whole of everything thats in everything

Dark Matter will probably end up either being some weird thing that’s very hard to see or interact with in any way except gravitationally or some fundamental misunderstanding on our part of what gravity even is.

Dark Energy on the other hand is the part that makes you have to scratch your head and go “yeah let’s just call it quintessence maybe kind of like that magic 5th element of antiquity. It fills everything and we’ve proven you can just pull stuff out of nothing.”

EDIT: Since I'm a giant fuckin nerd I actually have written part of a book that has a major premise which is basically "Magic is real and the elements of magic are electromagnetism, the weak force (radioactive decay), the strong force (what holds atoms and such together), and gravity. Wizards are people who can use "magic" which is just the ability to manipulate quintessence or the originating force of creation/destruction that gives rise to all the rest."

ETs are space wizards.

Nuclearmonkee has issued a correction as of 16:35 on May 19, 2023

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

i'm looking at that metal orb pic from a couple days ago and it kinda seems like if the exhaust ports were providing lift, then you could steer and spin and aim at stuff by changing the exaust flows. then its got a camera on the bottom to take pix. idk why you would make it bright red tho

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

A MIRACLE posted:

i'm looking at that metal orb pic from a couple days ago and it kinda seems like if the exhaust ports were providing lift, then you could steer and spin and aim at stuff by changing the exaust flows. then its got a camera on the bottom to take pix. idk why you would make it bright red tho

Because it’s cool and spy devices should be accented in darker reds if run by a nefarious force

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

it would be loud as hell tho prob right. jets are loud af. did the tweeter say if it was noisy

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.
Found a interesting Registered Trademark about alien contact
its from some software called Wflash? I never seen it before

Clearly this is some sort of disclosure.

thank you David Bruce Hallford for revealing the light

https://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/jumpto?f=doc&state=4802:iamyk4.4.73 posted:

WFLASH OF COMMA WS THEM TO FASTER THAN LIGHT. OPLE AND AND FROM THEIR SHIP, IN ADDITION TO PO SER WEAPON. COM NDER ZIA AND GENERAL TOR REQUEST A MEETING AKE THEIR OFFER AND INVITE MEMBERS OF THE SECURITY COUNCIL ON BOARD HEY ARE FLOWN TO MARS ORBIT IN UNDER FIVE MINUTES AND RE DAZZLE ITH THEIR OWN LASER, BUT IT FAILS. RUSSIA TAKES A BO ARD HE PLANS FOR THEIR ADVANCED TEC TH USTRAL RS AN OR'S RE ND ASSIFIC N JUM AT HE AN ZIA N

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Arilou *quick-babies* are always *jumping in front*

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Dark Matter will probably end up either being some weird thing that’s very hard to see or interact with in any way except gravitationally or some fundamental misunderstanding on our part of what gravity even is.

Dark Energy on the other hand is the part that makes you have to scratch your head and go “yeah let’s just call it quintessence maybe kind of like that magic 5th element of antiquity. It fills everything and we’ve proven you can just pull stuff out of nothing.”

EDIT: Since I'm a giant fuckin nerd I actually have written part of a book that has a major premise which is basically "Magic is real and the elements of magic are electromagnetism, the weak force (radioactive decay), the strong force (what holds atoms and such together), and gravity. Wizards are people who can use "magic" which is just the ability to manipulate quintessence or the originating force of creation/destruction that gives rise to all the rest."

ETs are space wizards.

Oh neat I'm a wizard!

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
https://twitter.com/qiaochuyuan/status/1659642674587262976?s=46&t=b23kGbnuFi54qJQa-UIGzw

https://firekasina.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/the-fire-kasina.pdf

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.reddit.com/r/HighStrangeness/comments/13lkojf/ufo_hovers_over_family_then_flies_off_in_burnley/

https://v.redd.it/yw9xl4wgqp0b1/DASH_1080.mp4

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

just come say hi, ya bastards

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I like the little kid with the incomprehensible norvern (?) accent saying 'noo come back!!' right at the end

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sleekly posted:

depends what youre smoking but yeah

if you’re chain smoking blunts you’re just wasting weed. ride out the vibe, homie.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

why does gary nolan come off like a well dressed bricklayer?

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Nuclearmonkee posted:

ETs are space wizards.

i would read this!

coconono posted:

if you’re chain smoking blunts you’re just wasting weed. ride out the vibe, homie.

truth

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

we are surrounded by an invisible aether containing infinite energy -> don't be fuckin stupid there's no such thing -> we are surrounded by an invisible aether containing infinite energy

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

that's a good one

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

PawParole posted:

Some reddit dude interviewed him

About 7 years ago he was 2 weeks away from seeing a recovered craft that crashed, but then the rug was pulled out from underneath him

A whistleblower last week testified to Congress and it created a "hornets nest" in Washington

Everything we see is likely remotely controlled drones or AI

The Wilson Memo is legitimate

Bob Lazar is a fraud, he agrees with Dr. Eric Davis' opinion

He resigned from TTSA because Tom Delong went off the deep end in some of the things he was posting and was hurting scientific discussion of the topic

He think that any bodies recovered are not actually aliens, but avatars that they created to interact with us

Whatever "it" is seems to be testing us and our intelligence to see if we can "peer behind the veil" - he made an analogy that we can make a robotic ant that can create pheromones to chemically speak with ants but we can't teach them how to make an iPhone

There will be big news coming out later this summer that will turn heads and change opinion

He said Doty is full of BS

Dr. Avi Loeb went from a non-believer to fully believing ET is here in under a year due to all the ground work that has been laid out evidence wise

He agreed that Luis Elizondo posting the video from his house of the UFO was a bad idea

He said that there may be various factions here of whatever we are dealing with, so it isn't likely one entity or species

He agreed that some trusted names on the topic are Stanton Friedman, Jacques Valle, Avi Loeb. He had a low opinion of Neil Degrasse Tyson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNX9-Kj8h7w&t=245s

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

That's just mars, it's close to earth this time of year.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

:rolleye:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Give up the aliens

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the hard part I have with the “our government is harvesting ET tech” idea is that highest echelons of military or political power are both simultaneously in on it and ignorant to it.

like somehow a White House intern isn’t posting selfies with sectoid corpses or borrowing laser cannons to shoot up schools.

the other option is a military or intelligence unit manages to detach itself from chain of command and still somehow maintain funding levels. Sorta like how Vice News started as a CIA project and it turned into its own thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

the theme of the whole current show is the civilian leadership of the government learning that they aren't actually as in on things as they thought they were