Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Hydaelyn/The Mother Crystal doesn't seem to have an organized religion, but its clearly a known myth, given the popularity of "her" Warriors of Light, those who Walk in the Light of the Crystal. Some of those Warriors talk to mom and would talk to others about where their divine-given power/inspiration comes from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
They have actual Time Magic as a specific discipline. The Astrology itself didn't cover it. The quest NPCs back in 3.0 explicitly said it wasn't Time Magic.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I don't think they ever actually said this, but my impression was that the Mothercrystal was the collected milennia of prayers people directed at Hydaelyn that she declined to feed upon.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Rand Brittain posted:

I don't think they ever actually said this, but my impression was that the Mothercrystal was the collected milennia of prayers people directed at Hydaelyn that she declined to feed upon.

She basically says exactly that after she's defeated.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nessus posted:

You must speak the word of power

SCREE!

Syka
Mar 24, 2007
sum n00b or wut?
I get the feeling that Hydaelyn worship would be somewhat analogous to "Mother Earth" or Gaia worship. I guess what I'm saying is that the Scions are Hippies and/or the Planeteers.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Syka posted:

I get the feeling that Hydaelyn worship would be somewhat analogous to "Mother Earth" or Gaia worship. I guess what I'm saying is that the Scions are Hippies and/or the Planeteers.

Captain Primal

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean I guess, if the Planeteers also killed Gaia with swords and lances.

Not our Gaia, Captain Planet Gaia

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

She basically says exactly that after she's defeated.

Say what you like about Venat's choices, she decided immediately after becoming a god that accepting power from prayers would set a bad precedent and then spent the next ten thousand years sitting next to a giant prayer candy and choosing to starve to death.

That is a woman who takes professional ethics seriously.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Rand Brittain posted:

Say what you like about Venat's choices, she decided immediately after becoming a god that accepting power from prayers would set a bad precedent and then spent the next ten thousand years sitting next to a giant prayer candy and choosing to starve to death.

Venat is one of the most compelling characters in terms of actions, choices and views, and this is a great sign. Like, god drat lady, painfully sticking to your principles for twelve thousand years is a FEAT.

...which makes it really weird that I don't actually like her, because despite all that she's just not an especially interesting person when she's on-screen.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Rand Brittain posted:

Not only did she avoid eating the forbidden rock candy, she was explicitly saving it because she suspected that the aetherically gimped reincarnation of her protege and their group of battle nerds would need it to fight off the physical embodiment of cosmic nihilism that was responsible for destroying life as she knew it and she had faith that they would somehow pull it off.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Sometimes you just have to trust your protégé to punch the depression out of a bird.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It was also going to be the power source for the moon's hyperdrive in Plan A

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Actually it's okay that Venat is your cool, supportive mom that never stopped believing in you

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
whoops wrong thread

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Wonder how many ponze of crystal Venat was sitting on, and how much that would go for on the marketboard

Azem, we need to cook

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

7.0 spoilers leaked and Zenos is coming back from the dead

https://twitter.com/Benedict__G/status/1659282912443789323

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

6.4 Story Bingo Sheet

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You can breathe on the 13th's moon for the same reason you can breathe on the normal moon and that's because you can also breathe underwater.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

People who can't breathe underwater can also breathe on the moon

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

If all of these get marked lol

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Waffleman_ posted:

You can breathe on the 13th's moon for the same reason you can breathe on the normal moon and that's because you can also breathe underwater.

Okay but why can Nidhana breathe on the moon

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Because

drat

E: Well the Scions could breathe on the Source's moon and the 13th's moon is a reflection of it so maybe they just both have air

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Okay but why can Nidhana breathe on the moon

She's just that great

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Hydaelyn made the moon deliberately for people; of course it has air.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The moon is a fuckin' spaceship designed to carry the population of a planet. No poo poo you csn breathe there

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
It's actually an interesting question because I have vague memories of some lopporit quest where they mention specifically working to make air on the moon. But Lopporits weren't there in the beginning, they got added after the fact so then the reflection moons wouldn't have air?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

We're going to open a portal to the 13th's moon, then everyone without the kojin blessing will asphyxiate. This is the big event that sets up a fresh cast for 7.0

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The portal's just big enough to suck all of the air from source moon to 13 moon. Which sucks for the loporits but it lets us fight Golbez.

Or asphyxiation is just umbral air imbalance / tempering so Nidhana's charms just lets everyone ignore it.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I don’t think the entire moon has air, just important bits like Mare Lamentorum and Bestways Burrow

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I figured Hydaelyn made an air bubble that encompasses the Mare Lamentorum and the Loporrits maintain it. Or maybe it doesn't require maintenance. Or maybe Golbez killed the 13th's Watcher and buns just last month after Zodiark died.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Did any astronauts try to breathe on the moon?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Looking at human Golbez I'm convinced he is a reflection of Zenos

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

You can’t breathe on the Thirteenth’s moon but you can’t die on the Thirteenth so it’s w/e

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The cast are all Batman and therefore can breathe in space.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

If you die on the Thirteenth you don't die in real life

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Feldegast42 posted:

Looking at human Golbez I'm convinced he is a reflection of Zenos

because....he has long hair??

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Golbez was a beefy not-Highlander

Zenos was a tall skinny dude who merely wore beef-enhancing outfits

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

FuturePastNow posted:

Golbez was a beefy not-Highlander

Zenos was a tall skinny dude who merely wore beef-enhancing outfits

Would you say his trunk was junk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know -- similar poise, and it would make a bit of thematic sense for Zero to have to fight a reflection of Zenos given her history with him.

I think it wouldn't be a good twist in the story but I can see it happening