Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
On one hand I'm excited to resume my second playthrough with the entire DLC gang present, on the other hand, I'm wildly annoyed that they waited to the day before Tears of the Kingdom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

New Shadowman game in development!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOmky34JgZ8

But the developers pride themselves on their blockchain integration, so maybe don't get too excited. :eng99:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
The devs are also, from their released products to date, an entirely Mid studio of mainly-mobile shovelware. I'm decidedly underwhelmed by this announcement on that being all we have to go on.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, I love the original and still have entire chunks of its delightfully OTT dialogue burned into my brain taking up space far more useful things could use...but I ain't getting my hopes up with their track record.

I AM THE LORD OF DEADSIDE! SHADOWBORN AT THE CONFLUENCE OF WORLDS TO WALK BETWEEN!

Such an unforgettable voice, amazing that he got his start doing passenger announcements on the Tube or something.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's a new Mortal Kombat coming out which means the rumor mill has started up for guest characters/DLC. The current rumor is that the first DLC character pack will feature Peacemaker and Homelander.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I mean, The Boys fit in with the MK universe way better than DC. Peacemaker could be fun, but feels, I dunno, disingenuous?

Of course, since we've been shown and told nothing (other than MK12 is coming and is the next thing to come from NRS) this feels like wishful thinking at best.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

There's a new Mortal Kombat coming out which means the rumor mill has started up for guest characters/DLC. The current rumor is that the first DLC character pack will feature Peacemaker and Homelander.

So long as Peacemaker is voiced by Cena and said appropriately dumb poo poo for his pre-fight intro with all the characters, I fully support this.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Because of course, as soon as I said something here's the first official trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ6eFEjFfJ0

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

Because of course, as soon as I said something here's the first official trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ6eFEjFfJ0

They called the 12th Mortal Kombat Mortal Kombat 1

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
In fairness, MK11 all but said they were doing a reboot with Liu Kang becoming a god and resetting the universe at the end.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Jesus Christ, Liu Kang, you had ONE JOB, etc. I'd be a better god of fire, thunder and time because if it were me, I'd make sure Shang Tsung and Shao Khan never existed in any timeline.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Sentinel Red posted:

Jesus Christ, Liu Kang, you had ONE JOB, etc. I'd be a better god of fire, thunder and time because if it were me, I'd make sure Shang Tsung and Shao Khan never existed in any timeline.

They're probably gonna do some Goku thing where he's become convinced you need to have the kombat to forge strength or something right? Or he'll have two halves, one of whom believes that and the other tried to make the world better and they came into conflict over that.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
when your only solution to problems is punching them really hard, you need problems you can punch

e: but yeah as i said in discord, real big franklin richards energy on this one

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There's also the classic "I stopped my enemies but that allowed an even greater enemy to show up"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Amazon Italy posted the first dlc pack for MK1 early and it confirms Peacemaker, Homelander and Omni Man as guest characters.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Really doubling down on that "hey we can use Injustice Superman's moves again!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Amazon Italy posted the first dlc pack for MK1 early and it confirms Peacemaker, Homelander and Omni Man as guest characters.

Do they really need two evil Supermen?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TwoPair posted:

Really doubling down on that "hey we can use Injustice Superman's moves again!"

Eh MK11 Joker used zero of Injustice Joker's move set (iie. MK11 Joker rules and Injustice Joker is super lame) and those are literally the same guy

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
no those are two of the three jokers

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Maybe they'll do Injustice Superman as a skin for one of them

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm seeing double here, six The Jokers!

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrPZSq5YXqc

This is gonna rule so hard.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Lowenthal dancing close to "GET BACK HERE SHOCKERRRR!" energy with the Symbiote Spidey voice.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Wingsuit and big catapult take-offs being added to the web-swinging sounds like a recipe for a lot of fun! I'm super excited for this game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

JordanKai posted:

Wingsuit and big catapult take-offs being added to the web-swinging sounds like a recipe for a lot of fun! I'm super excited for this game.

Though as someone who suuuuucks at accurate web swinging (like the race puzzles) I'm already getting preemptive PTSD from the boat chase scene

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I hope Shocker is back in this game. I think Yuri needs to tell him whether or not Shocker can escape him, and where he'd chase him to.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Looks great! I hope they don't spend too much time with corrupted Peter, though.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Gaz-L posted:

Lowenthal dancing close to "GET BACK HERE SHOCKERRRR!" energy with the Symbiote Spidey voice.
Ok glad I wasnt the only one that noticed that.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Codependent Poster posted:

Looks great! I hope they don't spend too much time with corrupted Peter, though.

The combination of the only two trailers seems to guarantee that Peter will drop the symbiote at the end of Act 2 and replace some of the lost functionality with tech arms.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
on the one hand: there's no way the actual game can live up to this, right? this has to be gently misleading at best and outright false advertising at worst, like every other game trailer.

on the other: s p i d e r - m a n

Lobok posted:

The combination of the only two trailers seems to guarantee that Peter will drop the symbiote at the end of Act 2 and replace some of the lost functionality with tech arms.

yeah this feels inevitable given the first trailer (and the post-credits of the first game) pretty strongly hint at Venom making an appearance

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Flesnolk posted:

on the one hand: there's no way the actual game can live up to this, right? this has to be gently misleading at best and outright false advertising at worst, like every other game trailer.
The opening of the previous game felt like a trailer and that was just the tutorial.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Flesnolk posted:

The trailer sequence looks heavily scripted, I don't see why the game couldn't have it.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

The opening of the previous game felt like a trailer and that was just the tutorial.

If I wanna be fair, the level the first game used for its gameplay trailer is in the game exactly as shown, barring a couple small changes

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There's nothing in this new trailer that's unlikely for the real game, except for some dev tweaks to reduce visual clutter or give themselves infinite resources like they've done in previous games.

If anything maybe the gameplay isn't enough of a departure/upgrade. It's still very much the same chassis and a similar body. No overhaul I can see from being PS5 exclusive.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If I had to guess at the broad strokes, Harry is let out at the start or escapes and it's premature. The symbiote leaves him for Peter and this puts a timer on Harry's survival. Connors is sought for his medical help but Kraven arrives to hunt the Lizard at the same time.

Meanwhile Wraith is active and her brutal methods are a cautionary tale for the path Symbiote Peter is headed down. With Miles' friendship and Venom power help and probably MJ as well, Peter is separated from the symbiote and around the same time Lizard and Kraven are stopped.

Pete builds the tech arms to replace the symbiote and the third act is about bringing down Venom. Whether Venom is Harry though, I dunno. The drama of Harry's health is probably going to put some massive strain on Norman and push him towards becoming the Goblin but that seems more of a Spider-Man 3 thing to save him for.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lobok posted:

There's nothing in this new trailer that's unlikely for the real game, except for some dev tweaks to reduce visual clutter or give themselves infinite resources like they've done in previous games.

If anything maybe the gameplay isn't enough of a departure/upgrade. It's still very much the same chassis and a similar body. No overhaul I can see from being PS5 exclusive.

I think the real thing that's gonna benefit is the loading of the world map as you traverse it. Spider-Man's NYC was one of the things Sony used to demo how quicker the load times were on the PS5's SSD

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Overall yeah I think that's going to be pretty wild because they've also given us faster traversal options so clearly they are confident in loading a big world but I was talking just about the gameplay mechanics. Everything save maybe the Web Wings has a parallel from previous games or is an upgrade or a revived move that was cancelled from the final version of the first game but still lived in the code. People in the mod community already have been using that "new" webline gadget or the aerial move where he goes through the legs to get to the enemy's back.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Just so long as they get rid of stuff like "oh, you dodged but didn't PERFECT dodge so gently caress you, take damage," some attacks not triggering spider sense at all, mooks landing punches on you while you're 20 feet above their heads or zipping across the room to punch you because you moved out of the way but didn't press Dodge, etc

Flesnolk fucked around with this message at 04:13 on May 25, 2023

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lobok posted:

No overhaul I can see from being PS5 exclusive.
Instant/Dynamic switch from Pete to Miles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Lobok posted:

Meanwhile Wraith is active and her brutal methods are a cautionary tale for the path Symbiote Peter is headed down. With Miles' friendship and Venom power help and probably MJ as well, Peter is separated from the symbiote and around the same time Lizard and Kraven are stopped.

Probably this, but I got strong vibes/hopes for a symbiote Kraven - something I'm pretty sure we haven't seen before.