Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Would you say his trunk was junk?

His bustle had hustle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It'd be more interesting than an Azem shard at least.

Which is still to say, not very interesting.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Why does it feel like almost everything here is a Free Space?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Gaius one seems unlikely at this point but you never know

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I hope the Sorrow of Werlyt Tataru quest gives us some long overdue quality time with G-Warrior

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

stev posted:

The kids who were in service to Valens maybe?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

stev posted:

He's quickly becoming Batman, going through so many Robins...

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
when it says krile is the new job teaser, what does that mean. are jobs usually teased by characters in x.4 expansions?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Zeruel posted:

when it says krile is the new job teaser, what does that mean. are jobs usually teased by characters in x.4 expansions?

generally around the x.4-x.5 period I'd say. alisaie, gosetsu, reaper zenos...

gaius in 4.4, in a way

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zeruel posted:

Red and Sam were.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
G'raha picks up a Corvosian trombone from the ground in some cutscene, being reminded of ancient Corvosian art of trombone champs, his eyes glowing strangely. "Let the concert begin."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder if Gosetsu having unique Geomancer animations is a sign that will be a new Healer.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I wonder if Gosetsu having unique Geomancer animations is a sign that will be a new Healer.

It seems unlikely they'd give two healers in a riw

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

ImpAtom posted:

It seems unlikely they'd give two healers in a riw

HW: Tank and Ranged Physical DPS
STB: Melee DPS and Magical DPS
SHB: Tank and Ranged Physical DPS
EW: Melee DPS and Healer

Closest thing to a pattern that I can see would imply another tank and ranged physical DPS

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

If they only do one job, I think it'll be magic DPS. If they add two jobs then who knows.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

They should make a new archetype and shake things up. Ranged tank? Melee healer?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I think we're likely to only get one new job for this expansion.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
YoshiP gonna get on stage, get real serious, then flex and introduce 5 new jobs for 7.0, one for each limit break.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

stev posted:

They should make a new archetype and shake things up. Ranged tank? Melee healer?

Melee healer has encounter design issues associated with it, so I think it is unlikely.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

A melee caster could be fine if only to teach ranged playing pubbies to just stand max melee range from the boss instead of half a continent away from everyone else.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Samurai is already a melee caster though.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

If they want to keep things even, they'd need another ranged physical and another caster (BLU doesn't count), then you've got 5 Melee DPS and 4 of everything else. Right now, ranged DPS is 3 each.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Ojjeorago posted:

Samurai is already a melee caster though.

You know I was going to say something but they've got an almost New Summoner level of casts so yeah you got me.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

the_steve posted:

If they want to keep things even, they'd need another ranged physical and another caster (BLU doesn't count), then you've got 5 Melee DPS and 4 of everything else. Right now, ranged DPS is 3 each.

No, they'd need another scouting set user, it's the only gear set servicing only one job.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

No real reason a ranged dps couldn't use the scouting set right?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

they could even call it Scout (SCT)

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

FunkyFjord posted:

No real reason a ranged dps couldn't use the scouting set right?

In theory, I guess. Not sure what sort of ranged dps they'd come up with though. Axe Thrower? Paper Master? Juggler?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Didn't they already say that they choose new Jobs based on Armor Classifications, and that Scouting would be the next one to get a new Job?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
That was their reasoning for putting reaper in maiming, but anything beyond is speculation.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You know I was going to say something but they've got an almost New Summoner level of casts so yeah you got me.

Almost? Samurai has more actual cast bars per minute than summoner and can't use swiftcast to negate one.

Theris fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 20, 2023

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Kheldarn posted:

Didn't they already say that they choose new Jobs based on Armor Classifications, and that Scouting would be the next one to get a new Job?

I don't think they did. But it's actually important to figure out if you want to make predictions, because it seems doubtful they'll do another two-DPS expansion again. If they pick based on armor set, yeah, Scouting is a shoe-in. If they pick based on role, it's Casting's turn.

I'm hoping for Casting, just because there generally seems to be more excitement for that potential in the community. You float that subject and people start putting forward interesting ideas that really run the gamut; Time Mage seems most popular, but you also see Necromancer, Green Mage (not that anyone agrees what that would be), Oracle, Onmyoji, and a few others. But you open the floor for Scouting, and the energy is more 'I dunno, would Thief be interesting, could you do Chemist, would ranged attackers maybe use Scouting'.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Personally, I haven't ruled out another double-DPS expansion (assuming more than one new job) mostly because the dungeon sticking point has Duty Support as a solution that it didn't have during Stormblood.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Merchant will be the non caster job, Aiming collapsed into Scouting. Tataru quests are the job teaser. The job story will bring final closure to Lolorito's whole deal.

Weapon: money bags

Basic weaponskills: Throw Gil, Throw Valuables

Signature support abilities: Megalixir, Mega Phoenix (long cooldowns)

LB3: a wagon

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

My opinion for Scouting is that it should dual-wield, since maiming is polearms and striking is, okay Striking is Samurai and Monk it doesn't have a good weapon connection, but Scouting with dual-wielding is cool and thus obviously the scouting job should be gambler, dual-wielding short range pistols.

Ninja already has a fairly large amount of ranged attacks for a melee, so a 15y scouting gambler/gunslinger would be good enough. Standard weapon combo is single shot, double shot, million shots (think Devil May Cry Gunslinger pistols) and the sticker system is a slot machine that you can manipulate via luck meter to get the result you want.

Alternatively, Scouting is a good spot to put like, Squire as a support melee dps (similar damage profile as Bard/Dancer). Inspire allies to do more damage via leadership shouts and heroism.

I do think we're almost gauranteed to get a caster though, it's the longest role we haven't had.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 20, 2023

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I like the idea of a one pistol, one cutlass Pirate class that works a little like a non-magical version of the Red Mage, but I don't know how Krile would lead into it. Obviously she gets an eyepatch and a shoulder colibri.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Honestly, the new job can be whatever, just give Krile a gun

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I forgot that Krile's weapon is a giant ball of bubblegum.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

So, we're back to the blitzballer idea?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Ponderer

Orb weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

theironjef posted:

I like the idea of a one pistol, one cutlass Pirate class that works a little like a non-magical version of the Red Mage, but I don't know how Krile would lead into it. Obviously she gets an eyepatch and a shoulder colibri.

Krile is probably whatever new healer or caster they do. The Scouting job would probably not be her thing no.