Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PunkBoy posted:

Oh man, I just hit a big setpiece moment on Jedha and that poo poo loving ruled. Got to see Cal and Merrin smooch and Merrin turn into Wraith from Apex Legends dialed up to 11. 10/10.

Yep that was the moment I was hoping for before the game even released. So it was pretty perfect and managed to not be ruined by any performance issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

1st AD posted:

I understand what he intended to do, but he’s not a very good writer or director so what we ended up getting was a bunch of characters that I only like by virtue of them being holdovers from the original trilogy where I did like them, or Samuel L Jackson who I like because he’s Sam Jackson, but otherwise the films go out of their way to show that every Jedi is an arrogant prick and it undercuts the tragedy of Order 66 because they’re all assholes that deserved what they got.

Remember that George Lucas hand picked Kennedy to run Lucasfilm.

Kennedy is not stupid she’s a very accomplished motion picture producer, unfortunately being a talented producer doesn’t mean that you have the skill required to be a studio head.

To be Fair, Lucas wasn't very good at the role of being the owner either. I know they're seen with some fondness now, but the prequels were pretty disliked when they came out, to the point of kick starting Red Letter Media's career on the internet. The other side of it is Geoff Keighly's "Fall of Lucasarts" bit where he talked about how the game producers at Lucas Arts would have entirely different mock ups for the games that they were making to show to George, just because he was notorious for randomly changing the narrative (just deciding two characters were friends after playing with action figures for example).

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
I liked the part where I can choose the colour of my magic laser sword.

I'm only kind of doing a bit, my biggest annoyance with Fallen Order was that you only had access to blue and green (and orange if you preordered I think) until nearly the end of the game. I stand by they could have been unlockables like any other cosmetic and would have been more fun to find than Mantis Colour 6.

That said, Survivor just giving you all of them (sans the postgame unlocks) made me grin like an idiot. And then I used green anyways for like 1/4 of the game lmao

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm so conflicted about lightsaber colors because I like to fancy things up, I always get excited about having options. But then, yeah, I always gravitate back to green after five minutes because it just looks the best, especially in dark areas.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Party Saber is the best but you have to finish the game first and its only available in New Journey+

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm so conflicted about lightsaber colors because I like to fancy things up, I always get excited about having options. But then, yeah, I always gravitate back to green after five minutes because it just looks the best, especially in dark areas.

I did with this blue over multiple runs in fallen order + my first run of Survivor, but I feel like they made green look way better somehow in this game.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I like white. Going all the way back to McQuarrie baby

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Cyan is kinda cool too because it's basically what blue lightsabers looked like in the OT.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Hulk Krogan posted:

Cyan is kinda cool too because it's basically what blue lightsabers looked like in the OT.

i used cyan for a good chunk of the game for this reason too

and then i got nostalgic for my kotor jedi sentinel run and switched to yellow

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Cyan is a cool color for cool people. :hai:

NG+ I'm probably going with green though

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I do kinda miss the Mantis color schemes though, especially with how often you see the hyperspace transition; could've had them as an old save bonus or tossed into the cosmetic shop (hell maybe as unlocks via the garden since Greez likes plants?)

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Vinylshadow posted:

I do kinda miss the Mantis color schemes though, especially with how often you see the hyperspace transition; could've had them as an old save bonus or tossed into the cosmetic shop (hell maybe as unlocks via the garden since Greez likes plants?)
Yeah, I thought it was kind of odd that with all the things you could customize, they removed that. Maybe they can add it back in Jedi III.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

the game is dedicated to the gallant people of onderon

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Most recent patch appears to have fixed all my crashing issues, and I am now playing this for the third time, which is something I almost never do. Respawn makes games that feel real good to play.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rayvis is a good villain. The guy is actually intimidating and makes me think "drat I hope I don't run into that guy, he'll definitely beat the poo poo out of me"

I like how (end of Lucrehulk stuff) Rayvis is like "uhh, that jedi is actually pretty strong..." He realizes that Dagan Gera kinda sucks and will probably get owned by Cal. Cal's encounter with Rayvis ends with Cal barely escaping from this large scary alien, while his encounter with Dagan ends with Dagan absconding and being like "uhh you're lucky that I'm running away, I have better things to do."

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Hulk Krogan posted:

Yeah, that’s what I went with. Green is my fav but I don’t see Cal as a green guy so I went cyan for the old school look.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Ytlaya posted:

Rayvis is a good villain. The guy is actually intimidating and makes me think "drat I hope I don't run into that guy, he'll definitely beat the poo poo out of me"

I like how (end of Lucrehulk stuff) Rayvis is like "uhh, that jedi is actually pretty strong..." He realizes that Dagan Gera kinda sucks and will probably get owned by Cal. Cal's encounter with Rayvis ends with Cal barely escaping from this large scary alien, while his encounter with Dagan ends with Dagan absconding and being like "uhh you're lucky that I'm running away, I have better things to do."

Yeah, you really get the impression that Rayvis is really looking for a Jedi he respects enough to grant him a proper warrior's death, and Cal is that guy

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Yeah from your first encounter where he's clearly familiar with jedi and kind of sizing you up, playing it cautious, and taking the piss at your noble ways all at once he is the stand out villain.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Owlbear Camus posted:

Yeah from your first encounter where he's clearly familiar with jedi and kind of sizing you up, playing it cautious, and taking the piss at your noble ways all at once he is the stand out villain.

"Be seeing you" is dripping with so much cartoon villain menace I love it

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Sentinel Red posted:

Yeah, that’s what I went with. Green is my fav but I don’t see Cal as a green guy so I went cyan for the old school look.

Really depends on what outfit I'm going with at the moment, more than anything else. I've been using either the Wanderer outfit or a pseudo Kyle Katarn getup with the bandolier, and green suits both of those really well.

Skippy McPants posted:

Most recent patch appears to have fixed all my crashing issues, and I am now playing this for the third time, which is something I almost never do. Respawn makes games that feel real good to play.

Also on my 3rd playthrough and I really, really wish we had the meditation training challenges like FO had.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Hulk Krogan posted:

Also on my 3rd playthrough and I really, really wish we had the meditation training challenges like FO had.

My friend, have I got news for you...

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I know there are meditation training tutorials, but eventually they added boss rushes and stuff in FO.

Edit: Also I realize that the combat Force Tears are obviously the replacement for those meditation challenges, but it was nice to access them all from any meditation spot and to build your own.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 19, 2023

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I'd say Dagan is finally back to full strength and has learned how to work with his handicap in the 3rd fight, and he nearly wins. Cal scrapes by attacking Dagan's mental instability. Sanity has advantages, kids.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

TK-42-1 posted:

"Be seeing you" is dripping with so much cartoon villain menace I love it

Hell, so was "Noble Jedi knight..."

Honestly the more I think about it Rayvis was criminally underused and the VA gave a standout performance

You're right though. "Be seeing you" reminded me of Gul Dukat at his most smug.

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 19, 2023

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Rayvis is incredibly well voice acted and his dialogue is menacing while also nuanced. And yet his philosophy is still “DOMINATION!!”

Oh, wait, Rayvis is basically a cult leader, right? In that context he makes more internal sense, to me.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

"Be seeing you" was good, but for my money, you can't top the delivery on "I heard you." So hilariously dismissive, and then he just goes right back into his little speech. Best line delivery in this series since Trilla's "Outstanding."

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I forgot the Justice set is basically a katana. Time to make Cal the weebiest Jedi. Also I'm really liking dual wield and crossguard stances, but I think I may go traditional single saber and blaster stance in NG+.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Hulk Krogan posted:

"Be seeing you" was good, but for my money, you can't top the delivery on "I heard you." So hilariously dismissive, and then he just goes right back into his little speech. Best line delivery in this series since Trilla's "Outstanding."

I thought "It'll grow back" was the :discourse: line of the game

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

PunkBoy posted:

I forgot the Justice set is basically a katana. Time to make Cal the weebiest Jedi. Also I'm really liking dual wield and crossguard stances, but I think I may go traditional single saber and blaster stance in NG+.

I used it for a while before changing back to Detachment (though I'm missing a couple parts for that).

I recently applied imperial materials to my pistol and lightsaber and they look cool. They have the best white/black materials. My aesthetic is basically just normal alloys + white/black plastics + practical dark/black rubber grips.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Ytlaya posted:

I used it for a while before changing back to Detachment (though I'm missing a couple parts for that).

I recently applied imperial materials to my pistol and lightsaber and they look cool. They have the best white/black materials. My aesthetic is basically just normal alloys + white/black plastics + practical dark/black rubber grips.

Two-tone materials are pretty sick on the pistols.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

My blaster is currently rocking a Dark Iron barrel, Stainless Durasteel receiver, Osmiridium accent, and Boiled Bantha Leather grip. I love how describing it makes me sound like a Star Wars version of the Sommelier from John Wick 2. I can't wait to unlock more blaster parts.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

PunkBoy posted:

My blaster is currently rocking a Dark Iron barrel, Stainless Durasteel receiver, Osmiridium accent, and Boiled Bantha Leather grip. I love how describing it makes me sound like a Star Wars version of the Sommelier from John Wick 2. I can't wait to unlock more blaster parts.

After Jedi III I'd love Respawn to do a more "muggle" focused Star War and go super deep into the gun customization. They nailed that kitbashed WWII surplus aesthetic with the pistol so why not go all the way

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

PunkBoy posted:

The blaster is the best to customize. I might not be able to appreciate it much during actual gameplay, but I can certainly admire my shiny gun in 4k on the big TV during customization.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

By far my biggest criticism of this game is that the barrel that looks like Kyle Katarn/Andor's gun has a revolver cylinder on it.

It's a laser gun! Let me make a proper Bryar pistol dammit!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Hulk Krogan posted:

By far my biggest criticism of this game is that the barrel that looks like Kyle Katarn/Andor's gun has a revolver cylinder on it.

It's a laser gun! Let me make a proper Bryar pistol dammit!

Those are revolving Tibinna gas cylinders. It keeps the focusing prism chamber from overheating and fracturing. I just made that up.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

ninjahedgehog posted:

After Jedi III I'd love Respawn to do a more "muggle" focused Star War and go super deep into the gun customization. They nailed that kitbashed WWII surplus aesthetic with the pistol so why not go all the way

I think Respawn is working a Star Wars FPS, so hopefully we get something like that there!

Unrelatedly, I just watched a battle droid fumble a grenade and blow himself up. I love the little details in this game.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
:justpost: your lasersword

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Nancy posted:

:justpost: your lasersword

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 20, 2023

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
love that two tone metal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Trying something new with the saber

Blaster is pretty boring since I only have the default items and the preorder ones