Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If there is an optimal pooping strategy please tell me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Need to add acorns to their feed

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I joke but knowing as much as I do about the game now theres a very real chance that works

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
drat, 90 shrines done and my health bar hasn't even moved to the 2nd line.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I'm probably way behind everyone else in the thread, but I just finished the Wind Temple and Zelda being the Sage of Time is a cool twist on some classic elements.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

This game is so loving good lol. I beelined the Rito dungeon and the rest of the game has a huge standard to live up to when it comes to matching the spectacle and music of that dungeon and boss.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I really liked the buildup and the boss but the wind temple itself was a bit of a letdown after seeing people rave about it. It didn't really feel like a dungeon, more like a small handful of rooms with very samey puzzles. I hope the others have a bit more going on.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Wait, bokoblin horns last forever? Sheeeit

What else lasts forever

Also I’m assuming I can rearrange my dream home after building it, yes?

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

What has decent buoyancy? I keep trying to make boats and nothing floats. Logs work usually, is there anything else?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
When did Link become a street walking Cheetah with a heart full of Napalm
https://twitter.com/RinHara5aki/status/1659198151243202561

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Steve Yun posted:

What else lasts forever

Also I’m assuming I can rearrange my dream home after building it, yes?

Pretty much all monster horns when fused onto a weapon transform the weapon and will make it last until the weapon itself breaks.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Is it a story item or an armor set that’s making his energy bar get used twice

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Steve Yun posted:

What else lasts forever

If you're asking about Fusion, basically every monster horn (or equivalent) unless it specifies that it's brittle or breaks easily.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I think he just consumed a lot of Large Zoniate Charges

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
It felt like getting to the temple was part of the challenge budget. I’m assuming the later ones are harder or more interesting as this was just the one that’s heavily suggested as the first one.

On a broader note: It does feel like the “Breath of the Kingdom” philosophy is more about the game world, and dungeons are there because they have to be. The early games had some interesting things in the world, but most of the interesting stuff was in the dungeons. That’s probably why most of the powers are front-loaded. The dungeon rewards aren’t things like the hook shot, they are just nice to haves and story beats.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Obama Gaming

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i believe once you get all your batteries you can get something that lets you go through them twice?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Anyone got good dream house ideas?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

What has decent buoyancy? I keep trying to make boats and nothing floats. Logs work usually, is there anything else?

But, since you can't Ultrahand ducks to anything... wood. Anything made of wood. Wood floats.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Steve Yun posted:

Anyone got good dream house ideas?

make it look like a dick and balls. or the twin towers. or goatse

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,

CapnAndy posted:

But, since you can't Ultrahand ducks to anything... wood. Anything made of wood. Wood floats.

The thing is, not really, at least not the Hudson planks. They'll float, but they don't provide much buoyancy, so it won't keep up the carriage seating for the fairy quests or say, monster truck wheels to make a paddleboat.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You really can’t go wrong with the logs you get from cutting down trees

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Finally finished the Hateno big sidequest loving pasture that I didn't see, ended up visiting Tarrey Town and did stuff there Gerudo customs are slightly hosed up. and also did the monster extermination with Hoz that I discovered only after I saw a streamer do it this game is filled with content holy poo poo.

That said I'm also mad cause I swear a fashionista NPC told me there was a bandit treasure near Fort Hateno but I found nothing (unless it was Fort Necluda, which I forgot where it was)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think one of my favorite little features of the depths are the column bases you can use to ascend to various high points and other areas in the overworld. There’s a lot of connectivity across the world and it’s cool how they’ve tied it all together. It makes all layers of the world gel very well.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Finally finished the Hateno big sidequest loving pasture that I didn't see, ended up visiting Tarrey Town and did stuff there Gerudo customs are slightly hosed up. and also did the monster extermination with Hoz that I discovered only after I saw a streamer do it this game is filled with content holy poo poo.

That said I'm also mad cause I swear a fashionista NPC told me there was a bandit treasure near Fort Hateno but I found nothing (unless it was Fort Necluda, which I forgot where it was)

Sometimes those treasures are hidden pretty deep in caves behind a breakable wall or vines or something. If you are at the right cave don’t stop looking until you find a room with banners hanging from the walls

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

FrickenMoron posted:

drat, 90 shrines done and my health bar hasn't even moved to the 2nd line.
For real, when does this happen? I'm at close to 50 shrines and every time I get a heart it's still on the 1st line. It seems like I have a lot of hearts on that line!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Sometimes those treasures are hidden pretty deep in caves behind a breakable wall or vines or something. If you are at the right cave don’t stop looking until you find a room with banners hanging from the walls

Problem is I'm not sure if it is even the right cave :v: It also only seemed to have 1 secret place with the Bubbul.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Rageaholic posted:

For real, when does this happen? I'm at close to 50 shrines and every time I get a heart it's still on the 1st line. It seems like I have a lot of hearts on that line!

Based on the intro where Link get's gooped, it's 15 hearts.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

What do I do here?

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Having fun with it so far but this gimmick is definitely going to age very poorly.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Problem is I'm not sure if it is even the right cave :v: It also only seemed to have 1 secret place with the Bubbul.

Did the NPC not mark the cave on your map with an X?

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,

I'm loving the game in general but both of the dungeons so far (wind and fire) have been kinda mid. Wind had no natural progression, just hopping from terminal to terminal , never felt like I needed to understand the dungeon as a full space. Fire was a little better in that regard; there is a logical progression to ascending the temple with the minecarts. But too many times I'd come up with an ingenious way to to get a cart over a broken track and be rewarded with a chest with a lovely shield and a dead end. Too many of the terminal gongs felt too disconnected from the central minecart conceit. The most maddening is the gong where you have to enter the fourth floor of the building to drop back down to the first. You'd think it would give you an easy way to get back up so you can continue on to the fifth-floor gong. But nope, they make the ceiling too high to ascend and don't give you any tools to easily make your way back up, so you're forced to either climb three stories or just start the minecart track back from the beginning. Boss is good, though, Gohmas always are.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Based on the intro where Link get's gooped, it's 15 hearts.

It was 15/30 in BOTW as well (technically 27 hearts with 3 overflow from food)

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You could totally get 30 hearts, it wasn't limited to 27.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I kinda dig that BOTW Link would've loving died. The 3 extra hearts he earned over the years were his saving grace.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Did the NPC not mark the cave on your map with an X?

No, it wasn't the one in Hyrule Field, it was a fashionista traveller at Hateno and I swear they talked about a Misko treasure at a fort.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I think it was that there weren't enough orbs to max out hearts AND stamina, so you could either have 30 hearts or a complete stamina gauge but not both, and most people opted for max stamina and 27/30 health because three extra hearts were fairly easy to acquire.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Kart Barfunkel posted:

What do I do here?

Fix their roof

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh you could, at the cost of stamina. You can’t max out stamina AND hearts with the amount of shrines in BOTW*

*Yes, I’m aware of the glitch with the demon statue that would let you max out everything but I’m not counting that since it was very much a glitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,

Asterite34 posted:

I think it was that there weren't enough orbs to max out hearts AND stamina, so you could either have 30 hearts or a complete stamina gauge but not both, and most people opted for max stamina and 27/30 health because three extra hearts were fairly easy to acquire.

Yes. This is correct. The DLC gives you one more heart/stamina, so of the 37 theoretical heart/stamina upgrades you can get 35.