Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Hopefully they can get the Chobham F16's and simply shake off the 8 AA missiles and 2 gross of flak cartridges Russia has left in the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1659630335393513473?t=bMC7RSO12uUedmSFafQ9iQ&s=19

That, it seems, would be that.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Prig wants to ensure that also in the future the window fixtures in his apartments and offices are solidly closed at all times.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
*squints into the distance absently and chews on a piece of staw* a-yup, cope crop's gonna be a bumper this season, mhm

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Sudan has always been Russian ancestral clay

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Sedgr posted:

Prig fall out a window yet?

the whole thing with him is an act, prighozin's running a combination honeypot for potential opposition, propaganda & professional wrestling act all in one, him and putin are supertight - it's his peers shoigu, gerasimov he doesn't like (and that might also be an act to block other ambitious potential threats out)

remember he's not just heading wagner, he also started/ran/(runs?) the Internet Research Agency troll farms and has been The guy for externally directed russian psychological warfare, propaganda & disinfo operations for like 15 years, and that's been the geopolitical arena they've had the most success in, by far, in that timespan - take that into account any time you see any media coverage/posts about anything with his name attached to em

he knows exactly what he's doing w/r/t public persona, current narratives, image, it's all intentional & carefully managed

lately it seems like he's hogging up all of the attention he can so that actual dissent/opposition can't get a platform as easily & to obstruct Ukraine from totally running the narrative day-to-day, since the main Russian govt & military apparatus itself isn't able to directly play the rapid social media coverage game like Ukraine's has been and their larger scale staged trickery that they've normally leaned on to coax opinions(false flags, etc) is too inflexible and slow to successfully pull off when it's being actively watched for

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

what was “umbrella corporation” already taken?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Will jeff and the admins let us crowdfund the cost of getting a rooster to touch Prigz?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

FirstnameLastname posted:

the whole thing with him is an act, prighozin's running a combination honeypot for potential opposition, propaganda & professional wrestling act all in one, him and putin are supertight - it's his peers shoigu, gerasimov he doesn't like (and that might also be an act to block other ambitious potential threats out)

remember he's not just heading wagner, he also started/ran/(runs?) the Internet Research Agency troll farms and has been The guy for externally directed russian psychological warfare, propaganda & disinfo operations for like 15 years, and that's been the geopolitical arena they've had the most success in, by far, in that timespan - take that into account any time you see any media coverage/posts about anything with his name attached to em

he knows exactly what he's doing w/r/t public persona, current narratives, image, it's all intentional & carefully managed

lately it seems like he's hogging up all of the attention he can so that actual dissent/opposition can't get a platform as easily & to obstruct Ukraine from totally running the narrative day-to-day, since the main Russian govt & military apparatus itself isn't able to directly play the rapid social media coverage game like Ukraine's has been and their larger scale staged trickery that they've normally leaned on to coax opinions(false flags, etc) is too inflexible and slow to successfully pull off when it's being actively watched for

He lives and breaths, several weeks after basically saying that Putin is no longer capable of leading the country and calls wrong shots. That should be evidence enough that its a smoke and mirrors show approved by the Tsar himself.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The musicians PMC has NEVER committed a war crime so westerners are liars

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The musicians PMC has NEVER committed a war crime so westerners are liars

i disagree, wagner's symphonies are classified as psychological warfare. absolute dogshit composer

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

KirbyKhan posted:

War is bad. Regardless of it you agree or disagree, I hope you have a good weekend~

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hey Kirby, welcome back! I agree! Trouble is, I don't really have a ready solution for how to end the war quickly, that does not also reward the perpetrators of this outdated agression for their genocidal actions and war crimes, which could also embolden them to engage in further genocidal actions and war crimes, against further non-hostile peoples. Do you have any thoughts on this, or does your analysis end at "war bad lol" as some sort of mantra, and if so what good do you see that your mantra does?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

You’ll have to ask him in four hours

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Der Kyhe posted:

He lives and breaths, several weeks after basically saying that Putin is no longer capable of leading the country and calls wrong shots. That should be evidence enough that its a smoke and mirrors show approved by the Tsar himself.

one of putins favorite tricks is to create his own controlled opposition to control both sides of a story and compromise any actual coalitions against him from forming without being stuffed with informants

it's a big part of how he shut down the political coalition against him in 2011-ish iirc, one of the parties representing about half of the opposition was being run by one of his cronies & did a heelturn that killed any momentum or willingness to cooperate in the other legitimate blocs

between that and ruthlessly punishing any perceived genuine disloyalty, it makes it just about impossible for people to work together to oppose him at any level

if you see someone going after putin getting Russian media coverage? it aint real

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

What ever happened to that scary bald guy with the SS tattoos who was talked about a lot before Prigozhin was a public facing figure? Is he the top guy actually overseeing combat operations, as an actual soldier unlike Prig?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Joke Miriam posted:

What ever happened to that scary bald guy with the SS tattoos who was talked about a lot before Prigozhin was a public facing figure? Is he the top guy actually overseeing combat operations, as an actual soldier unlike Prig?

His plane was shot down over Azerbaijan

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Warcrime so well in Ukraine you get a all expenses paid trip to warcrime Disneyland.

Have they thrown in with a particular side of that conflict?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Joke Miriam posted:

Another one of the core Wagner leadership, previously thought to be the founder until Prigozhin claimed leadership/founder status last year. Either he was the fake head to give the Russian government plausiable deniability about their direct links, or he was the leader and Prigo took the whole thing over.

BUMBACLOT
Jun 19, 2008

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

Warcrime so well in Ukraine you get a all expenses paid trip to warcrime Disneyland.

Have they thrown in with a particular side of that conflict?

im hearing the russians are on the side of cringe

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Joke Miriam posted:

that's Dmitry Utkin, he founded the organization, former GRU, his callsign is Wagner & that's why they're called Wagner Group

he's probably overseeing operations, but there's not any clear info about that, afaik?

prighozin is essentially their financier/PR lightningrod guy more than anything else, i don't think he's actually calling shots on the ground

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 19, 2023

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

FirstnameLastname posted:

that's Dmitry Utkin, he founded the organization, his callsign is Wagner & that's why they're called Wagner Group

he's probably overseeing operations, but there's not any clear info about that afaik

He also got an Aunt Himars visit year ago when the Wagner were squatting at some high school in Ukraine. He didn't die, but didn't he get shrapnel treatment as a take-home souvenir?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Deki posted:

Another one of the core Wagner leadership, previously thought to be the founder until Prigozhin claimed leadership/founder status last year. Either he was the fake head to give the Russian government plausiable deniability about their direct links, or he was the leader and Prigo took the whole thing over.
Lol did Prigo really Musky his way into being a founder retroactively

Der Kyhe posted:

Obviously he's somehow still tolerated. But I really don't get the play here. Openly calling the leadership (not just some local nobodies like is the custom) incompetent and treasonous to, what? Own the non-existing opposition?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

Obviously he's somehow still tolerated. But I really don't get the play here. Openly calling the leadership (not just some local nobodies like is the custom) incompetent and treasonous to, what? Own the non-existing opposition?

Designed point of failure, sort of. He is still tight with Putin, but doesn't appear so anymore, so anyone stupid enough to take the bait and start talking about wrong things to him will be reported to the Tsar immediately. At least that's my take of it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Ah just like a corporation carving off a division and declaring bankruptcy so they can't be liable. One easy trick to avoid being charged with war crimes the Hague hates it!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/chriso_wiki/status/1659630335393513473

Prig setting up Outer Heaven

E: beaten, apologies for the repost

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

mobby_6kl posted:

Lol did Prigo really Musky his way into being a founder retroactively

its classic divide & conquer thru controlled opposition

if one person is angrily yelling at the leader, another who is considering it doesn't because their own anger is relieved vicariously by it - one down
another who wants to yell about something else the leader hosed up doesn't have the room to get attention on it because a more prominent figure is dominating airtime/public attention - stopped another one
and a third person reaches out to prighozin to work against Putin and prighozin forwards their message directly to the FSB

the purpose is to be established before the actual opposition is able to start, on any particular point - that legitimizes the astroturf and allows it to quietly hamstring everything after - you don't hear about any of that stuff tho cept maybe some of the window reports

they know there's always going to be dissenters, especially silent dissent, that's not a problem, even if it's the majority opinion overall, as long as it's dissent split over different issues

the problem is when the dissent is all able to line up, find a shared common issue and find a way for it to be expressed simultaneously, e.g. mass protest, military/police leadership turning against the state

the solution is perpetually interrupting that cycle of anger towards the state's behavior with artificial outbursts and other emotionally triggering stuff ( e.g. false flag terror attacks, foiled assassination attempts, evil westerners trying to destroy russian culture) so that dissent can't naturally coalesce into one shared beef with the ruler with a shared slogan, symbol, etc. and is instead some people mad about the war, some about the failure to win it, some about the economy, some about social/moral stuff, some about the authoritarianism/antidemocratic stuff, some who are pro-western/nato, etc.

constant changing and conflicting artificially constructed narratives dominating the public's attention leaves less room for anything else to grow

scaring people about the consequences of voicing their own unhappiness and having a paranoid police state stops any dissenters from sharing their views openly or cooperating

this isn't something only russia does ofc, but they do it tough

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

This is a funny one

https://twitter.com/francis_scarr/status/1658937260975218691

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

He sounds like the most insufferable :actually: guy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I must say the stage they have is so loving hunger games. Like all the house and red flashing etv. It's really dark when you think about it.

Also war is brad.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Let me tell you about the historical unity of Finns and Estonians

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Daztek posted:

sadly russia already shot down all of them

Not with the power of Kontakt they won't.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.
Wrap it up, Prigozhailures

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

if only this expression could be the thread title

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Not with the power of Kontakt they won't.

I don't know why but I find these kontact/Ukrainian enlisted memes way funnier than I should

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Carth Dookie posted:

I don't know why but I find these kontact/Ukrainian enlisted memes way funnier than I should

Well, the enterprising Russians have already months ago seen putting kontact plates to lorries.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

If you put ERA on a drone, does it become a tactical?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Carth Dookie posted:

I wonder how flork feels about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Kith posted:

I wonder how flork feels about them.

iirc flork also thinks they're funny and is fine with them