Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Just a reminder that you can play the demo for Doom 3 in a browser right now and it plays great

https://wasm.continuation-labs.com/d3demo/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

Doom 3 is the only game I ever got a virus from download sharing. Folder had two files, one with a real crack to extract, and this obviously trojan virus file that was like FreeRAMDownload.jpg.virus.exe.kind of obvious. I laughed at it for being so obvious and pat myself for knowing better to fall for it. And then when I went to double click the real one to open, I nisclicked the fakey virus and infected my machine and had to go through all the malware steps to purge.

The. I finally played the game later that night and I did not like it at all and uninstalled and was so let down I went to online and posted that the game sucked.

lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

doom 3 was a seminal game in my life in that it finally led me to understand that my wallet was going to be eternally squeezed forever for gaming

it is, technically speaking, playable on a voodoo3, although i think it might've been faster at some points to hand draw the next frame

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Someone got it working on a Voodoo 2 once, but had to turn off most of the effects

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

doom 3 was legitimately too scary, i couldn't even get through the 2nd or 3rd level. i hate jumpscares

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Doom 3 ran fine in my PC at the time, except every level would take like 10 minutes to load.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

wizard2 posted:

Breath of Fire 2 😬

awful dungeon. always induces a week or two break after i finally finish it

also if you've got biggorons sword dark link has no answer for the stab. he automatically counters it if you're using the master sword but doesn't with biggorons

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

that one Paladin's Quest dungeon where you enter a big dragon-skull cave, and exit through its butthole on the other side of the world

e: or possibly cloaca

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 19, 2023

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Doom 3 is a seminal game in that it's a load of old wank

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Here's a question for the OoTheads...
Sometimes there are patches of nondescript ground that Navi (fairy) will gravitate towards and turn green, if you lay a particular ocarina song at that location it'll make a pink orb appear that heals you completely.
There seems to be no way of knowing which song to play? Except trying them all? It seems random?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Sometimes there are patches of nondescript ground that Navi (fairy) will gravitate towards and turn green, if you lay a particular ocarina song at that location it'll make a pink orb appear that heals you completely.
There seems to be no way of knowing which song to play? Except trying them all? It seems random?

I'm pretty sure all the songs work

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

:wrong:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
drat thought cheetah knew stuff about oot, guess not fake gamer

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I always thought it was just the Song of Storms

perhaps I am not ooty enough

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

People talking about the song of storms?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrg9KxGNeJY

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Jay Rust posted:

It's usually the Sun Song, though sometimes she'll turn green if you can summon Pierre the Scarecrow at certain spots.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Sometimes Navi is also indicating a spot where a song of time block is

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Confession Time: Navi warned me. At the time i rolled my eyes. yet still I got got by one of those hands that jump down from the ceiling and teleport you to the entrance

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Confession Time: Navi warned me. At the time i rolled my eyes. yet still I got got by one of those hands that jump down from the ceiling and teleport you to the entrance

Hey. Listen.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I spent the evening gathering up the Chozo artifacts in Metroid Prime and it wasn't that fun to be honest. I had to use a guide for most of them and I don't really see how you're supposed to do it without one.

They should have added some sort of quick travel in the remaster I think, there was a lot of back and forth over the same few areas.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

bone emulator posted:

I spent the evening gathering up the Chozo artifacts in Metroid Prime and it wasn't that fun to be honest. I had to use a guide for most of them and I don't really see how you're supposed to do it without one.

They should have added some sort of quick travel in the remaster I think, there was a lot of back and forth over the same few areas.

If you go to the Impact Crater and scan the statues, they tell you the exact rooms the artifacts are in

It's the worst part of the game if you didn't get or find them the first time through (when possible) though yeah

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

In Breath of the Wild I know I'm supposed to be doing quests and stuff, but if they didn't want me to unlock all these towers and do all these shrines immediately at the expense of everything else they wouldn't have put them in the game!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
im stil thinkin bout thos bugsnax

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

kinda bug and kinda snak

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
im thinkin bout bugsnax 2

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Can someone spoil bugsnax for me, I didn't dislike it but didn't like the gameplay loop enough to keep going and probably never will.
.is the "thing" that eating enough bugsnax makes you into a bugsnax?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Khanstant posted:

Can someone spoil bugsnax for me, I didn't dislike it but didn't like the gameplay loop enough to keep going and probably never will.

Yep! Pretty much.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jerusalem posted:

In Breath of the Wild I know I'm supposed to be doing quests and stuff, but if they didn't want me to unlock all these towers and do all these shrines immediately at the expense of everything else they wouldn't have put them in the game!

shrines are good, imo

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Khanstant posted:

bugsnax are a parasite that turn you into bugsnax and the island is made of bugsnax and one bugsnax gets to the mainland and the paper editor from the beginning is part of a conspiracy to keep the public unaware of the existence of bugsnax and I think that's it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

cheetah7071 posted:

shrines are good, imo

I'm always so pleased with myself when I figure out the puzzle of a shrine, even moreso when I remember the game was designed to be accessible/beatable by literal children! :sweatdrop:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Khanstant posted:

Yeah, they're parasites. Snaktooth island is also one big Bugsnax, too. There are two endings, one of which involves the Bugsnax escaping the island to ostensibly take over the world. That's the "good" ending. The bad ending involves a whole mess of Gumpuses dying.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
right on, thank you.

it's one of those games I like more in spirit than in person.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it's also done in an incredibly body horror style where despite them all being muppets the "ultimate bugsnax" you find underground in just the most somehow horrifying mess of food textures is really unsettling looking, look up the finale arc on youtube if you're curious.

bugsnax rules, the characters are all great and have great payoffs, I dunno how well it did but I hope it sold over a million

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
that monster design is sick haha

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I think bugsnax would be better if it was just like a pokemon snap nature documentary type game, the story is dumb and the non-bugsnax characters are pretty boring, and I personally find the food monsters they become pretty grotesque. 6/10

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Grotesque is a good thing, it's the coolest kind of beautiful

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I think bugsnax would be better if it was just like a pokemon snap nature documentary type game, the story is dumb and the non-bugsnax characters are pretty boring, and I personally find the food monsters they become pretty grotesque. 6/10

Yeah they should have just taken out all the unique and interesting things and made it boring lmao

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

the story is dumb and the non-bugsnax characters are pretty boring,

lol

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I keep confusing bugsnax and grounded.

Hey has anyone bought the Lego 2K Drive game? I'm dying to play that with my kids but its kinda pricey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

My niece is six and she *loved* bugsnax. I found it kinda creepy and upsetting in some ways with the body horror but she just thought it was awesome. Now sometimes you can tell she's coming because she's going "BUNGA BUNGA BUNGA" as she tears around.

Her real love is Slime Rancher though. And Minecraft, which she plays by collecting as many cats as is feasible and putting them all in a room.