Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

my biggest problem with my clara team is that auto-fight is too stupid to run it properly. it has march shield herself and tingyun seems to buff whoever the hell she feels like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Tingyun is comically useless in autobattle and just moves her buff around completely randomly.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, auto-battle's... idiosyncrasies are why I'm mostly fine with my usual of Fireblazer/Nat/Sampo/Serval.

Other than Nat not cleansing debuffs, auto-battle can't really gently caress that up. :v:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

my biggest problem with Clara is that I don’t have her

Kanos posted:

Tingyun is comically useless in autobattle and just moves her buff around completely randomly.

I almost always manual all my fights because of poo poo like this

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

someone awful. posted:

my biggest problem with my clara team is that auto-fight is too stupid to run it properly. it has march shield herself and tingyun seems to buff whoever the hell she feels like

You're just not at a high enough level to understand the AI's strategies yet. One day they will begin to make sense, and then you will know that you have attained true mastery.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ytlaya posted:

You're just not at a high enough level to understand the AI's strategies yet. One day they will begin to make sense, and then you will know that you have attained true mastery.

Did Qingque write this

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Kanos posted:

My Tingyun has higher speed than Seele

AI Tingyun buffs Seele 90% of the time

works out pretty well :shrug:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

My AI Ting buffs Seele and then Bronya so I assume she just buffs highest attack

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Excelzior posted:

My Tingyun has higher speed than Seele

AI Tingyun buffs Seele 90% of the time

works out pretty well :shrug:

My Tingyun constantly oscillates her buff between whatever two DPS are in my autobattle team regardless of turn order, remaining skill points, or how many charges the buff has left. It ended up wasting so many skill points on nothing that I just cut her out of my autobattle crew.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Tingyun buffs the highest attack character who doesn't already have her buff. It's pretty straightforward, she's just too dumb to understand why that's a terrible idea.

March 7th doesn't use shields at all until the target is below like 70% HP or so. Seems like she uses the same logic as a healer, which is probably a bad thing.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I want to know why my Tingyun normal attacks when there's skill points.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

In general, they all seem to have a "do not use skill if below X SP" logic, but what X is seems to vary. Some of them spam skills when I don't want them to (looking at you Fire MC) while others hardly ever use it when they should (Yanqing...).

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

auto battle tier list when

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

UHD posted:

auto battle tier list when

I need this too

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

AI Qingque always seems to have better draw luck than I do when playing manually so she's SSS to me.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

wonder when they're gonna have rate-up banners for the 'release characters'

honestly wouldn't mind trying for a E1 pull on my Yanqing or if there was a Clara banner ect.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

GateOfD posted:

wonder when they're gonna have rate-up banners for the 'release characters'

honestly wouldn't mind trying for a E1 pull on my Yanqing or if there was a Clara banner ect.
If we take Genshin as a precedent, then probably never. They did it once ever, very early on, and never again.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Exceptionally unlikely but the Keqing banner did happen so who knows.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The Keqing banner was clearly viewed as a disaster, so I wouldn't say that it's precedent so much as all the more reason not to. The 300 pull standard banner pity is probably the compromise there.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I hope I land either Bronya or Welt before I hit the 300 pity so I don't have to feel bad about picking Welt to complete the Astral Express crew and leaving Seele without her bestie/sister/wife.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

wasn't the keqing banner a filler banner, like whoever was next wasn't ready in time or something

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

UHD posted:

wasn't the keqing banner a filler banner, like whoever was next wasn't ready in time or something

Specifically Hu Tao couldn't release during Chinese New Year because she's a funeral director.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Finally got to sit down and play the game for a bit; don't really care for playing on a tablet, but I'm tired of waiting for news on when the Playstation port is going to drop. Verdict: it's good.

And Welt Yang's voice, oh my

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Kyrosiris posted:

Playing around with Prydwen's damage calculator, on a character like Sampo it looks like going from a free-source 4* cone (Fermata) to a 5* gacha cone (In the Name of the World) is like a 12% jump.

On the flip side, comparing Sampo to Welt, with Sampo on In the Name of the World and Welt on a 3-star cone, Welt seems to push about 20% more per skill activation than Sampo, if I add in one tick of Wind Shear but also add in Welt's 3 star cone proc.

So, meh. Seems pretty similar? I tried to compare Nihility to Nihility for a closer comparison.

For simplicity I compared Dan and the Ice hunt guy since it is mostly straightforward damage, and I think generally the 5* character with a 4* cone did slightly better, but it was light cone dependent on which 4* or 5* and it was pretty close. Probably a balance is optimal where you need at least some good light cones, hopefully some events give some out because mine are horrid, I do not have a nihility or preservation > 3*. Might just buy Herta's preservation rather than go with my plan to upgrade the Hunt one to superimposition 5.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 20, 2023

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Shinji2015 posted:

Finally got to sit down and play the game for a bit; don't really care for playing on a tablet, but I'm tired of waiting for news on when the Playstation port is going to drop. Verdict: it's good.

And Welt Yang's voice, oh my

It's leaked to be 1.1 which is in less than 3 weeks.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tae posted:

It's leaked to be 1.1 which is in less than 3 weeks.

Yeah, I saw that, but I didn't recognize any of the sources reporting it and didn't want to get my hopes up

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Pain of Mind posted:

For simplicity I compared Dan and the Ice hunt guy since it is mostly straightforward damage, and I think generally the 5* character with a 4* cone did slightly better, but it was light cone dependent on which 4* or 5* and it was pretty close. Probably a balance is optimal where you need at least some good light cones, hopefully some events give some out because mine are horrid, I do not have a nihility or preservation > 3*. Might just buy Herta's preservation rather than go with my plan to upgrade the Hunt one to superimposition 5.

Yeah, I got In the Name of the World as my standard banner pity and honestly I feel fine with that? It's an insane Nihility cone and Kafka is going to *adore* it when she comes home.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Used my free fuels to hyperinvest on JY's son, now I just need to roll Gepard and build him and build Tingyun and

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I have yet to actually see a loving 4* nihility cone at all, at least Loop is decent for Welt but, yeesh.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Meanwhile I have 3 different 4 star Nihility lightcones and 0 Nihility characters.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

I have yet to actually see a loving 4* nihility cone at all, at least Loop is decent for Welt but, yeesh.

I have one, it's the one that boosts attack when the enemy is either shocked or wind sheared, and I don't have Sampo.

...Though now that I think about I could just use it on someone in a Serval comp.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Finished the Vessel of Mediocrity quest chain. That was really depressing :(

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Which one was that again? I don't remember quest names.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Clarste posted:

Which one was that again? I don't remember quest names.

Box pushing ghost

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

For some reason I expected Fight Club to increase in level rather than just having different modifiers. I guess this makes more sense in terms of not turning away players who didn't start on day 1.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 10:26 on May 20, 2023

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I just did 3-3 and 4-3 with no healer thanks to gepard's e1 and 5* cone. I guess rolling that many times on the wrong banner isn't the end of the world after all

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I did 2 10 pulls and got March on both lol

I'm not tempting my luck any further.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Clarste posted:

For some reason I expected Fight Club to increase in level rather than just having different modifiers. I guess this makes more sense in terms of not turning away players who didn't start on day 1.

i would have expected a difficulty slider, to accommodate players at all levels.

glad they're continuing the trend of only needing "easy" to get the most useful stuff though.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Equilibrium 4

stuff is getting stupid expensive :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yeah I'm pre-farming for my level and LC ascensions once I hit tb50 and it's gonna be a mill just for four characters