Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

It's active for a long time so sometimes you can get people to walk/jump into it but I don't know how to use it systematically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

After a knockdown maybe?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I main Guile. Sonic Blade in this seems to come out agonizingly slow compared to SFV. I'm just not able to use it effectively. But, I'm also not very good at the game.

Is anyone finding Sonic Blade useful? How are you using it?

Watch some replays of NuckleDu, he's using it constantly.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Playing the beta for a bit tonight: game rules! Good mixture of not knowing what I'm doing but still winning a couple here and there, and fun trying out all the stuff for the first time in this one.

What's quick recovery again?

Exo-
Dec 8, 2021

just played for 7 hours. feels so good to play a good game...

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Heavy Metal posted:

Playing the beta for a bit tonight: game rules! Good mixture of not knowing what I'm doing but still winning a couple here and there, and fun trying out all the stuff for the first time in this one.

What's quick recovery again?

There's no quick recovery in this game afaik, but you can back roll on wakeup (from non-hard knockdown) by holding down two buttons.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK1QFKraQqA

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Jamie's fun, I'm bad at him though (I'm bad at everyone).

Char
Jan 5, 2013
I'm in love with Chun Li's parry animation

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
drat this game is really fun. i didn't like 4 that much and i really didn't like 5 but the hours are just melting away playing 6

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
ken got his third strike super back idk if it's optimal but it's what i'm using because it's too good

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

In order to stop being a button mashing scrub I am attempting to learn the basics of Chun Li and hoo boy why do my fingers think they know punish combos when I absolutely do not

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
Longtime Juri fan is finally happy to play Juri for the first time….

Honestly though I’m glad that I’ve been enjoying playing her. I like her buttons, her combos are fun, and I’m greatly enjoying the potentials of feng shui. That said, I’m also sort of struggling to see the benefits of using it because of the huge damage scaling. I know it gives her crazy combos and oki, but I’m wondering if the trade off is worth. I only really have older beta matches for reference, where it’s barely ever used.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Aku posted:

Longtime Juri fan is finally happy to play Juri for the first time….

Honestly though I’m glad that I’ve been enjoying playing her. I like her buttons, her combos are fun, and I’m greatly enjoying the potentials of feng shui. That said, I’m also sort of struggling to see the benefits of using it because of the huge damage scaling. I know it gives her crazy combos and oki, but I’m wondering if the trade off is worth. I only really have older beta matches for reference, where it’s barely ever used.

This video made a pretty good case for it: https://youtu.be/EiMaHqU21mc

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Thirsty Dog posted:

This video made a pretty good case for it: https://youtu.be/EiMaHqU21mc

I saw this pop up in my recommends but thank you for actually getting me to watch it lol, this is exactly what I needed.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Wow. Okay, I can tell SF6 is for me, because I just had an experience I've never had before in a fighting game: being on the receiving end of an extended runback for a single win.

I don't consider myself good at fighting games at all, but tonight I was this Ken's loving boss fight, watching him slowly find his edges and execution before finally scoring a win, ten matches later. I've never had that feeling before, and it turns out, it's amazing.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
I've had way too many bullshit obligations to play yet, but today I'm diving in. loving pumped.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Folks have been extremely generous with rematches and its fun to see myself slightly improve over the course of the rounds.

God its fun, even if i'm too chickenshit and feel like im bothering people with a match.

Also, just the feeling of being in an arcade and getting in on matches is so rewarding. Much better than hitting a button and waiting to connect to someone random.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

This game is so good its making this tiny roster beta make me mad as hell

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!
I love this game but it seems every second player is some kind of eBushido obsessive who will decry my honour if I don't stay for 25 consecutive games. I have work, you fuckers!

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
It is still fun to slide under projectiles with Kimberly so I really hope Manon's spin gives me the same :sickos: feeling

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Drive Impact -> Level 1 super is surely some scrub-tier move that won't work for long but goddamn is it both fun and effective at low levels

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

inthesto posted:

I didn't expect to enjoy Jamie as much as I do, but here I am

drat life is rough if your opponent doesn't let you have that first drink, though

I normally pass on rekka characters so I hadn't given Jamie a fair shake yet, so I just want you to know this post got me to take him out for a few blind matches, and holy poo poo this guy is fun.

:cheers:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

How do i alpha counter? Just push into the attack during block or with a button?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

How do i alpha counter? Just push into the attack during block or with a button?

Forward + Drive Impact while blocking.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oh weird. Never would have thought to hit both heavies

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
It was the input for alpha counter in A3!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Well i tried the v reversal input and then gave up my bad

Sushi X
Jan 13, 2001

Modern control is a game changer. I can appreciate the mind games more between matches now that controller execution is not a barrier or priority. Capcom is making all the right moves with this game.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I haven’t played much with Modern controls, but they don’t make actual combo execution easier right? It just gives you one button specials at the expense of losing some normal buttons?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Turning them off was a major execution barrier for me but i figured it out finally

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

fadam posted:

I haven’t played much with Modern controls, but they don’t make actual combo execution easier right? It just gives you one button specials at the expense of losing some normal buttons?

You can also mash for basic combos and hold the RT for more advanced combos, at the expense of a 20% damage reduction

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Real hurthling! posted:

Turning them off was a major execution barrier for me but i figured it out finally

This has been the hardest part of the game so far

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Sushi X posted:

Modern control is a game changer. I can appreciate the mind games more between matches now that controller execution is not a barrier or priority. Capcom is making all the right moves with this game.

The mindgame is "will I be pressin" and the answer is always "yes"

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/ApologyMan/status/1659633019593048065

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im getting wrecked by this mechanic hardcore lol

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I've tried to be sparing in my usage of DI to keep it as something where I catch them sleeping, but I've definitely gotten smoked by Chuns canceling into legs or sbk or the other person doing a reaction super. Counter DI-ing someone feels great, though.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Drive Impact really captured that "LETS GOOOOOO" feeling of being able to parry something to wreck someone in SF3. Really good work on Capcom's part here.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I main Guile. Sonic Blade in this seems to come out agonizingly slow compared to SFV. I'm just not able to use it effectively. But, I'm also not very good at the game.
Same here. It looks like the animation almost finishes and he can still get hit and nothing happens to the other player.

Also I play without sound and I can never get the start of the match right with an initial attack by a charge character because the "FIGHT" is on the screen a moment longer than it should. Yes, that's a weird thing to complain about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

chumbler posted:

Counter DI-ing someone feels great, though.

Yeah, I've really been forcing myself to only use drive impact on reaction if my opponent throws theirs out, or for the more obvious "they're in burn out & backed into a corner" usage scenario.