Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Heavy Metal posted:

Are there other plentiful things for fire arrows other than fire fruit? Chu jelly would be second. I love a good fire arrow.

And long live the rocket shield, I gotta try spring launcher-ing too. I haven't even shield surfed yet in this one, I gotta get on that.

Cool thing about spring launchers is you can stack them and the effect amplifies. I think two is higher than a rocket shield, three has gotten me most places I've needed at most.

Fire keese eyes are flaming homing arrows, flame emitter device does a flamethrower arrow,fire keese do the long range fire snipe, fire breath lizalfos tails and horns(actually any fire monster part), dinraal shards (the ones you get a ton of from the back).

Best arrow though? Goddamn rocket arrows. It's just a rocket launcher lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Was exploring in the depths under Hebra mountain and ran into a rematch with Colgera
That was pretty cool

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm confused at one of the towers: the Rito at Sahasra Slope talks about wanting mushrooms from the cave at the bottom of the hill but there's no reaction after I did that. Is there a step I'm missing, or is this bugged?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

beat the game

the game is good

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Manoueverable posted:

I'm confused at one of the towers: the Rito at Sahasra Slope talks about wanting mushrooms from the cave at the bottom of the hill but there's no reaction after I did that. Is there a step I'm missing, or is this bugged?

Ascend :)

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Thank you, I'm incredibly stupid at this game so far.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Oh poo poo there’s a new update

Better dupe your diamonds now

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
zora dungeon sucks and, unfortunately, the buddy sucks in comparison to your probably first buddy because he doesn't fly and thus isn't always there beside you

i'm sorry bro

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Manoueverable posted:

Thank you, I'm incredibly stupid at this game so far.

It's the new Gamers Don't Look Up.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Crawfish posted:

Oh okay, so they essentially took away the option of buying out the compendium entries by making it so prohibitively expensive.

47,200 ruppees not counting however much it costs for the rare ones that unlock after beating the game, or almost 100 diamonds worth of cash in more clear terms.

I mean, that's pretty comparable to BotW. It was 43,200 rupees for every picture there, though that does include bosses.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ascend fucks with me because it's something years of video games have trained me not to think is an option. I keep looking for weird glider angles to get a foothold for climbing onto stuff meant for Ascend because my brain keeps telling me "you can't walk through the level geometry".

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Duping bug still here in 1.1.1

“The only change stated in the patch notes is a fix for a bug where the main quest "The Closed Door" wouldn't be marked as cleared even if the required conditions were met.”

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
its kind of funny to me that the developers went "okay, too many people farmed the dragons in the last game by sleeping outside their spawn points, so we put a 10 minute timer in and desynced their flight patterns from time of day", but then made it so you can ride on them. so now the best way to get the items you need is to jump on their back and then put the controller down.

Also im incredibly thankful for the duping glitch because i love having multiple sets of armor for fashion, and several armor sets all require dragon parts, presumably out of spite for the player.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

mcmagic posted:

I really don't like that you can view the memories out of order. It makes the story feel pretty disjointed.

Yeah this sucks. It would have been nice if it were based on the total number you'd viewed. Luckily I took pictures of the walls of the temple, not just the floor map, and it seems the memories go in clockwise order starting from the introductory one.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Funky Valentine posted:

Ascend fucks with me because it's something years of video games have trained me not to think is an option. I keep looking for weird glider angles to get a foothold for climbing onto stuff meant for Ascend because my brain keeps telling me "you can't walk through the level geometry".

I had a shrine where I said " okay, I moved the blocks to ascend to this alcove, now where do I go when I get out of here? Oh wait... Covered alcove. Up not out."

Walls are walls, it's tough to adjust.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Another point for going for Stamina early rather than hearts - use the big boost from unlocking a tower to locate and glide most of the way to the next one, rinse, repeat.

Also being able to outrun your problems.

Unrelated, but any chance of a Korok Space Program gangtag?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Do I have to give out Cece’s mushrooms? I want her and Reede to talk it out.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Do the quests it's your civic duty

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I only started the quest but I kind of want her to become mayor and realize to her horror that it's actual work and not just sticking mushrooms on things.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Onean posted:

(which I think if they had Impa always at the first one you come across so she can point you to where you can find the order would have helped)

Impa moves to Rito Village to check out the second geoglyph once you solve the phenomenon, and once I checked out said geoglyph she pointed me at the third, I presume she'll stay there. Or move to Lookout Landing like literally everyone else (I did like how after I solved the Rito problems there's just some Rito hanging about doing circles overhead).

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

its kind of funny to me that the developers went "okay, too many people farmed the dragons in the last game by sleeping outside their spawn points, so we put a 10 minute timer in and desynced their flight patterns from time of day", but then made it so you can ride on them. so now the best way to get the items you need is to jump on their back and then put the controller down.

Also im incredibly thankful for the duping glitch because i love having multiple sets of armor for fashion, and several armor sets all require dragon parts, presumably out of spite for the player.

They also added a the shards that spawn on the back that're pretty good for fuse fodder. I think it's a pretty smooth move overall. Letting you ride them is obviously awesome, just from dragon fantasy alone, but for gameplay it's a mobile jumping off point with a huge radius for stamina gusts, and a little guided bus tour. You can ride it around to discover new areas if you want. If you hang around long enough the item spawn resets, so it's not a total waste of ten minutes cruising acquiring nothing.

And for the person who's farming the items, it's a bit less of a clearly meta approach, link isn't doing 5 minute days in some weird cave with over 23 hours of sleep. Nintendo is fine with you putting controller down to take a break. And there's always a chance you'll get bored and jump off and go adventuring.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Okay, so I'm trying to get the Master Sword and I watched a few videos on how to do it, but it requires me to go to the Minshi Grove portion of the depths, and when I do, past a certain point my body catches on fire even with the Flamebreaker armor on. Am I doing something wrong here?

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Beat a Phantom Ganon, hell yeah. Hit him with my 65-damage stalnox-horn Biggoron Sword spin-to-win, he didn't have a chance.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Wait... are there multiple ways to get that? I got it just from doing all the dragon tears and then doing the big thing that triggers after that.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Rageaholic posted:

Okay, so I'm trying to get the Master Sword and I watched a few videos on how to do it, but it requires me to go to the Minshi Grove portion of the depths, and when I do, past a certain point my body catches on fire even with the Flamebreaker armor on. Am I doing something wrong here?

...I don't think that has anything to do with how you get that item! That's... not in the depths at all.

EDIT: Oh, so you're trying to do the Korok Woods part of the lead-up? You might need to try entering the underground from a different entrance to get there.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Goon lookin for a regular red Lynel: There’s 1 in North Akkala Valley.

Edit: A few pages back someone asked where to find higher level constructs. There’s a camp with a variety of em between the great plateau & Digdogg suspension bridge. I’ve also noticed a handful of them back up in the tutorial island also scale up.

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 09:34 on May 20, 2023

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rand Brittain posted:

...I don't think that has anything to do with how you get that item! That's... not in the depths at all.

EDIT: Oh, so you're trying to do the Korok Woods part of the lead-up? You might need to try entering the underground from a different entrance to get there.
Yeah, that lead-up. Hmm, okay, I'll try the chasm near the Thyphlo Ruins Skyview Tower instead.

e: Holy gently caress, I encountered a Yiga clan member piloting a bomb-firing mech down here :froggonk:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 09:34 on May 20, 2023

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Rageaholic posted:

Tangential to the intent but some areas require level 2 fire immunity to not spontaneously combust, one piece of armor only provides 1 level

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I love the Yiga in this game. They're just so absurd

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 20, 2023

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Tangential to the intent but some areas require level 2 fire immunity to not spontaneously combust, one piece of armor only provides 1 level
That's true. I hadn't needed more than one before, but maybe I should head back up to Goron City and get another piece.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The Yiga are pure of heart. They research and tinker and leave behind presents. No one in the Yiga clan has ever killed a player, or anyone in-game.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Khanstant posted:

The Yiga are pure of heart. They research and tinker and leave behind presents. No one in the Yiga clan has ever killed a player, or anyone in-game.

They'll even materialize right in front of you so you can easily cut down 9 of them in a row and win a sweet hat.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Several times I've had Yiga spawn during a thunderstorm and I just ran circles around them until lightning erased them from the planet

Also out of pure pettiness I shot some bananas planted in the middle of the road and an archer yelled at me for disrespecting their fruit and attacked me

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm gonna be honest, I feel this thread is lying to me about depths Zonaite? People claim you can get hundreds of it in every mine but every mine I found had like, a treasure and 5 worth total of zonaite. I looked even under main cities like Goron but all I found was a crystal shop and schematic. Where the hell is the zonaite everyone is talking about???

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I'm gonna be honest, I feel this thread is lying to me about depths Zonaite? People claim you can get hundreds of it in every mine but every mine I found had like, a treasure and 5 worth total of zonaite. I looked even under main cities like Goron but all I found was a crystal shop and schematic. Where the hell is the zonaite everyone is talking about???

How hard were you looking because even small mines had tons of it encased in ore

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

You’re breaking the ore deposits, including the massive ones embedded in hills/walls, right?

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Beat up every Bokoblin mining outpost you see, pretty much all depths enemies drop zonaite and you can then use their rock hammers to mine the ore deposits in the outposts.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's the beauty of it, you don't even have to use your own rock hammers, they're all carrying

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Why can I not upgrade the dark set this is bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Got the Master Sword! Defeating Phantom Ganon was an ordeal, but then again I am very bad at this game lol