Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Ramadu posted:

so im playing unnamed space idle and how do I do any of these challenges??? i cant do any of them at all

edit: what are the other good idle games goin on right now

For the first levels you should be able to go by what the description of each one says. It tells you when to try each one for the first level.

I would also like suggestions on when the different ranks of them can be done.

I was able to do the first ones for each Core & Base Carry and the 2nd ones of the other two but if I try any more I can get anywhere.

I am currently in Heavy Cruiser with 5500 distance as my max. I opened the Missile Launcher but it doesn't seem to work as well as the Bomb Launcher for me. I am running 3 Bomb Launchers and a Beam Laser.

I have Tier 5 Modules and am working on maxing the Tier 5 materials. it's painful to start that all over when doing a lot of prestige resets.

Is there a resoure other than Discord for this game? I don't really want to deal with Discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

DariusLikewise posted:

It should include a reference to dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark, they shoot bees at you

weirdly that wouldn't be the first game to make that reference: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Queen_Bee_Dog

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

PseudoFaux posted:

Oh man, no idea if Idleon is even still played by anyone here or if people have moved on but if pizza is free is still alive I've requested to join and my first character is Phalanx Charmer

I logged in after 259 days away just to accept you, enjoy the benefits

If it doesn't take for some reason (guild acceptances are weird) just repost and I'll get you in

Game's amazing, it's just absolutely not an idle game and it became like a second job to the point I burned out hard, but if you have questions or need advice ask whatever, we used to be in the top three guilds

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012

postmodifier posted:

I logged in after 259 days away just to accept you, enjoy the benefits

If it doesn't take for some reason (guild acceptances are weird) just repost and I'll get you in

Game's amazing, it's just absolutely not an idle game and it became like a second job to the point I burned out hard, but if you have questions or need advice ask whatever, we used to be in the top three guilds

Cheers! It's not the most idle of idle games (especially due to the pc/mobile crosssave bugginess) but it fills a certain 'number go up' need that isn't quite so automated.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
I'm pretty deep into Idleon and it's pretty idle for me outside of the minigames/dungeons and Worship which you only need to to play whn you've got enough tower levels to push out a new best wave.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Idleon is pretty idle at end game long if you purchase autoloot, but the game needs to be running while idle or you miss out on a ton.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Ironwood just pushed an update that specifically helps guilds with new players:

quote:

Guild quest item requirements have been lowered
The max guild quest item tier is now linked to the Guild Hall level (instead of guild level)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Rynoto posted:

Ironwood just pushed an update that specifically helps guilds with new players:

The important note is you can upgrade gear without upgrading the crafting skill. This means you can say slowly buy 2250 silver picks or whatever from the market and then upgrade your perfect iron to a perfect silver pick without having to time selling items for 1g across the market and risk sniping. That or buying from someone at cost for a large lump sum all at once.

At least that's how I read that line.

I think trading would have been a better solution here but whatever.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

pixaal posted:

At least that's how I read that line.

I think trading would have been a better solution here but whatever.

Yeah, you no longer need forging/smithing/etc to upgrade but you could also already buy perfect tier weapons on the market anyways so eh. May see an uptick in people selling raw items though.

And I think they're mostly hesitant on trading because of the potential for alt abuse.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 17:50 on May 18, 2023

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Really enjoying Ethereal Farm. If you like optimizing layouts you’ll probably love it. It’s a web browser game that displays just fine on mobile. Simplicity that leads to complexity so I am constantly scribbling out possible layout combinations. More types then this, but an easy to understand example is Mushroom types need to have a Berry type next to them to produce. But then a Nettle type will greatly boost Mushroom production, but negatively impact Berry type production if next to them. So I am always tinkering with my layout designs with my type groupings to get the best results.

https://lodev.org/etherealfarm/

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Garfu posted:

https://garfu.dev/Domain.dll

Formations: 1 hour duration, 2 second cooldown
Party size: 50. Passive party display cuts off around 10 but they are still active, will need to remove party members to sort the list better
Shop item duration: a lot longer
DR time: 1 minute instead of 1 hour
DR multiplier: 10x
Norn miss-click protector: No longer need Norn to cast 10 spells to leave village if leaving with Norn
Sin cap increase: not sure exact amount but it's not much cause that kinda breaks stuff
Pay $1 for a billion rubies

Replace the dll in YourChronicle_Data\Managed - back up the original first if you need to switch back without having to redownload

update broke this again, if you're still willing to update it

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Hand Row posted:

Really enjoying Ethereal Farm. If you like optimizing layouts you’ll probably love it. It’s a web browser game that displays just fine on mobile. Simplicity that leads to complexity so I am constantly scribbling out possible layout combinations. More types then this, but an easy to understand example is Mushroom types need to have a Berry type next to them to produce. But then a Nettle type will greatly boost Mushroom production, but negatively impact Berry type production if next to them. So I am always tinkering with my layout designs with my type groupings to get the best results.

https://lodev.org/etherealfarm/

this had a brief hubub in here a while ago, if it's been updated regularly since then it's probably a pretty dece game by now

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Anfauglir posted:

Yeah, I decided to just put the game in the trash bin myself the next time this happened. It's fun, but it's only fun because of the changes to how it works and I'm just not that invested in it to deal with all the constant micromanagement in this slow paced idle game. Base game has tedious resource management, party management, and then you still have to sit and wait to use the party/resources in large chunks of time with the bulk of automation being locked behind premium currency.

Maybe if the story was more interesting, but it's pretty flat and the early stuff doesn't get appreciably faster the further in you play. Crappy design decisions are just crappy.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Feline Mind Meld posted:

this had a brief hubub in here a while ago, if it's been updated regularly since then it's probably a pretty dece game by now

It's come up a few times, last time it had the same old issue of being solid at first then assumes you have min maxed discord builds.

Play until you are bored most idle games. I mean maybe the dev has gone over the early game, even the Trimps dev eventually redid the early game after being new content only for the first few years.

If the problems are gone like half the thread has probably said they enjoyed the start.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Jhet posted:

Yeah, I decided to just put the game in the trash bin myself the next time this happened. It's fun, but it's only fun because of the changes to how it works and I'm just not that invested in it to deal with all the constant micromanagement in this slow paced idle game. Base game has tedious resource management, party management, and then you still have to sit and wait to use the party/resources in large chunks of time with the bulk of automation being locked behind premium currency.

Maybe if the story was more interesting, but it's pretty flat and the early stuff doesn't get appreciably faster the further in you play. Crappy design decisions are just crappy.

Yeah there is way too much micromanagement at times, and way too much waiting for destiny regen (that you have to check back in every couple minutes to spend!) or farming something for 4 hours at other times. Getting rid of the party micromanagement helps, and I find it a decent podcast game, but there's a bunch I don't like about it too.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Anfauglir posted:

Updated. The Norn and Sin cap edit are still broken cause they moved a bunch of stuff around and 10 minutes of searching didn't turn up anything.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

after experimentation, yeah i think i can pull off a pinball thing. i promise it won't look this ugly though.

lmao

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

something posted:

after experimentation, yeah i think i can pull off a pinball thing. i promise it won't look this ugly though.

lmao

No I want to play Super Mario warp pipe pinball this looks interesting if you label the warp pipes and have the angled launchers send you to other screens. (this is obviously the launcher sides and flippers as pipes)

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

pixaal posted:

No I want to play Super Mario warp pipe pinball this looks interesting if you label the warp pipes and have the angled launchers send you to other screens. (this is obviously the launcher sides and flippers as pipes)

You say that, but...

Musluk
May 23, 2011

4g poked me to tell me, all excited, that he got pinball stuff working so I started doing some artwork for it.

:haw:

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Musluk posted:

4g poked me to tell me, all excited, that he got pinball stuff working so I started doing some artwork for it.

remembered the ring, 10/10

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Musluk posted:

Something seems off with that last one. Can you zoom in and enhance on it?

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

something posted:

lmao

Yes make it uglier. Uglier.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

GetDunked posted:

You say that, but...
I can only assume this game is good judging by the sampling of incredibly rage-filled reviews it has, because that's how Pokemon Pinball was for me as a child :allears:

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

sentences said by the deranged to the deranged

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Jhet posted:

Maybe if the story was more interesting, but it's pretty flat and the early stuff doesn't get appreciably faster the further in you play.

FWIW I thought experience points being a curse of strife from the gods was a neat twist

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Tendales posted:

Yes make it uglier. Uglier.

So mix in some Sonic Spinball?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Orvin posted:

So mix in some Sonic Spinball?

only more barking and bees

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Xand_Man posted:

FWIW I thought experience points being a curse of strife from the gods was a neat twist

It was. There are a number of cool ideas sprinkled in, but they don't make up for all the micromanagement. Sloth was nice, but without the party size change it would have taken me a year to get to Envy.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Saraiguma posted:

sentences said by the deranged to the deranged

You had me excited for a minute that maybe it updated finally. :negative:

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Kyrosiris posted:

sooner than you think :P

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Dev said by the end of this month last month and I'm confident they're sticking to that.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Dev said by the end of this month last month and I'm confident they're sticking to that.

Its beta testing rn and he said today unless his computer explodes

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

Here you go

quote:

Major content version update 0.40.0 is up!
```- New system unlocks at sector 51
- New Base 3 upgrades
- DPS meter on core screen
- New AI Upgrades and sections
- More achievements
- New base
- More upgrades, synth, shards, sectors etc
- Synth modules now start maxed when their individual costs are maxed
- Toggles for shard compatibility indicators
- Auto merge now merges into active slots
- Warp upgrades zoom in and out with mouse scroll
- Auto navigate works better
- Route auto selects can be set from sector data
- Boss stats show in sector data
- Added option to turn off offline progress in settings
- Battle components scaling changed to reduce around sector 50
- Various balance tweaks
- Bug fixes and various QOL changes

Internet Nobody
May 17, 2009

Crell posted:

Trying to keep it at 24/25 so it stays up, just don't want to kick people to early. Should be room now.

requested to join

Internet Nobody fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 24, 2023

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Still chugging along with USI

Nearly maxed my Warp Upgrades just in time for an update to drop :v:

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most
here's a weird new thing/idle game/arg puzzle:

https://mirakos.itch.io/confusion

the sound thing at the beginning is mostly irrelevant to the actual game.

There is more to it than a simple boring idle game.

In particular try refreshing the game after three hours have passed irl in or out of game

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

pixaal posted:

It's come up a few times, last time it had the same old issue of being solid at first then assumes you have min maxed discord builds.

Play until you are bored most idle games. I mean maybe the dev has gone over the early game, even the Trimps dev eventually redid the early game after being new content only for the first few years.

If the problems are gone like half the thread has probably said they enjoyed the start.

I haven’t hit a wall yet with Ethereal Farm yet and still enjoying it. Certainly not playing super minmaxed builds either as I try to avoid spoiling it since coming up with layouts is the best part and I haven’t had any issues yet. The game does get updated regularly so I wonder if that greatly reduced some of the issues people had. For example there was some fern/twig trick mentioned in the changelog that was removed from the game and then whatever it did was naturally buffed into the game without having to do a trick.

It also seems to do a good job of introducing Challenges right when it seems like I am hitting a wall, which is super nice since I have to create a brand new strategy to solve it plus then reap productions rewards for normal mode after completing it. I wonder if that didn’t exist early on or didn’t benefit people as much in the early going.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Residual Toast posted:

here's a weird new thing/idle game/arg puzzle:

https://mirakos.itch.io/confusion

the sound thing at the beginning is mostly irrelevant to the actual game.

There is more to it than a simple boring idle game.

In particular try refreshing the game after three hours have passed irl in or out of game
so I started and it was a pixel clicker and then refreshed and it became a box opener
and then I got the video of the dev saying hello the game is three dollars
what on earth is this lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Hand Row posted:

I haven’t hit a wall yet with Ethereal Farm yet and still enjoying it. Certainly not playing super minmaxed builds either as I try to avoid spoiling it since coming up with layouts is the best part and I haven’t had any issues yet.

It's a pretty common development cycle for incrementals that have active development and communities, honestly.
There's always this chunk of content towards the end that's super extended because it's the final bit of content, and there are tons of min-maxed strategies and layouts for it.
Then over time (in good games atleast), new mechanics and rebalances make those parts easier as new content shifts in and becomes the new endgame.

I recall it's like 1-2 years since it was kinda big in this thread, stuff that's probably in the midgame and way easier now. I believe people were getting really annoyed over squirrels and nuts then, or something like that?

Checking it now it seems like the early game has been sped up a lot (Another tier of flower even earlier, amongst other things.), and there's more active guidance. (There's a text banner explicitly pointing out the next goal to target.)
But it's been years since I played it last, but I genuinely can't remember those anemone flowers, but getting that acceleration in really helps new users get going earlier.

e: Seems like there's a good chunk more of ui QoL and shortcuts and stuff too.

SubNat fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 24, 2023