Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It was fun. Above Minish Cap and ALTTP but below the Oracles and Links Awakening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Something I love in BotW is that you can choose all kinds of varied dialogue responses for Link and he'll apparently have complete conversations with people.... but the only noise he ever makes is,"UH!" or "Heuh!" or,"Ha-heh!" and I always imagine him making a :haw: face when he does it. Especially when he pets his horsey :allears:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Isn't Ocean Heart a Zelda?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was kinda iffy on buying tears of the kingdom for some reason, I guess because BOTW was the last switch game I even played, but seeing the ridiculously positive response to it I decided to order it. and it's backordered until next week bah!!!!!!!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://i.imgur.com/CdLlmzN.mp4

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
w-wha

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

"you gave me an adult rated cd"?

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

It's either that or "adulterated"?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Batman Arkham Asylum is a zelda

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Zelda is a metroid

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

haveblue posted:

Batman Arkham Asylum is a zelda

Surely it's a Metroi-

Jay Rust posted:

Zelda is a metroid

Well I guess the point is moot then!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Okami is three Zeldas

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Howling at a (blood) moon? :ohdear:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
There are two Zelda's inside each of us

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I finished Horizon Zerodawn, final boss just being another Deathbringer but it summons its buddies this time was kinda lame but overall enjoyed the gathering of the Superfriends final battle stuff a lot.

So then I started Spiderman Remastered and man is it some whiplash to go from a game as slow and deliberate as Horizon to immediate punchy swingy funtimes.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This popped up on my feed, and now I want it in a game somehow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmBEDJXF8wM

Also the game is about Geese launching their goslings Yoshi's Island style at enemies

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

an infinite number of zeldas can exist within the Time Break

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Infinitum posted:

Mina the Hollower is coming up? That should scratch that Zelda itch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fx0aJCRRpE

Was gonna post this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Infinitum posted:

Mina the Hollower is coming up? That should scratch that Zelda itch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fx0aJCRRpE

Gonna wait for this one to go on some free giveaway so I can say it's on the mouse.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I'm playing through breath of the wild because I never got around to finishing it back in the day and I have to know (please spoil me on this) - do any of the shrines have anything secret behind the guy at the end that gives you the orb? I always look there just incase and so far none of them have, but I can't not look just incase this one has something, and it's doing my head in. So I'd rather just know, if none of them do then great, if one or two of them do, then please someine tell me and put me out of my ocd misery.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't think so but also if you go on the map screen there'll be a treasure chest icon next to the name of the shrine if you've found everything

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Infinitum posted:

BotW - Ground
TotK - Sky
Next Zelda - Water???????????????????

Wind waker remake?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

fridge corn posted:

Wind waker remake?

It is the year of the Gamecube after all

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

bone emulator posted:

It is the year of the Gamecube after all

No it isnt

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't think so but also if you go on the map screen there'll be a treasure chest icon next to the name of the shrine if you've found everything

This is the kind of thing that needs to go in the "what do I need to know before starting this game" thread, thanks.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jerusalem posted:

Surely it's a Metroi-

Well I guess the point is moot then!

It's actually not a metroid because it's a clear overworld with largely independent dungeons within it

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Infinitum posted:

BotW - Ground
TotK - Sky
Next Zelda - Water???????????????????

We've done Water Open World, Ground Open World, and Sky Open World.

There's one last frontier...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

that's right, Star Fox Adventures 2

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'd play the kids-on-bikes version of Zelda that they were playing around with. Especially if it also included magic and swords and princesses and all that inexplicably together with 20th century retro suburban setting and themes.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
yeah give me Tron Link

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Well, I finally finished Metroid Prime.

Are the sequels worth playing? They seem to have headed in some weird directions based on a cursory glance at the Wikipedia articles on them.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

mutata posted:

I'd play the kids-on-bikes version of Zelda that they were playing around with. Especially if it also included magic and swords and princesses and all that inexplicably together with 20th century retro suburban setting and themes.

Knights & Bikes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bone emulator posted:

Well, I finally finished Metroid Prime.

Are the sequels worth playing? They seem to have headed in some weird directions based on a cursory glance at the Wikipedia articles on them.

They’re pretty good, like 8-9 if Prime is a 10. Purists will tell you finite ammo and interactive NPCs totally ruin the Metroid experience but the other 90% of the game is still there

Prime 2’s biggest problem is that the dark world is pretty boring visually and you spend half the game there

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hwurmp posted:

Knights & Bikes

True! I want the AAA budgets, dev time, scope, and pomp and circumstance around it all, though.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Dark World killed my interest in Prime 2 and i mever mustered energy for Prime 3. but i had fun playing Prime 2 until i didnt??

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Sally posted:

Dark World killed my interest in Prime 2 and i mever mustered energy for Prime 3. but i had fun playing Prime 2 until i didnt??

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Prime 2 also has both some amazing bosses and some of the worst bosses in the whole series (boost ball and spider ball)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I didn't think there were any big structural issues with prime 2 but I just think a lot of the individual rooms and bosses kinda stink.

Prime 3 is the opposite, where there's some bad stuff at the heart of the game design but all the individual rooms are great

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I finished ocarina of time (n64 version on Switch online), I could go on and on about the million problems it has, some nitpickier than others, some endemic to Zelda, some a result of its age, etc. But in the end I came out generally liking it. It is after all an aesthetic triumph, every song a banger, every biome a treat to behold

Most impressive to me in 2023, though, is the camera, weirdly enough. For a game with limited camera comtrol, hardly ever was it an issue, and I was very surprised to find that the lock-on, for being the first or one of the first of its kind, is like 90% as good as modern lock-ons. They (nearly) got it in one!

But yeah the million problems is only barely an exaggeration, my enjoyment while playing vacillated between “quite annoyed” and “pleased (but maybe a little annoyed)”. I was thinking of making a fun lil’ dungeon tier list and the sad truth is, the highest tier would top out at “basically enjoyed” and most dungeons would be lower than that.

So I played through the majora’s mask opening and already feeling very good about it. I’ve never beaten majora’s mask either and also haven’t played it since around the time it came out, so please look forward to more posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Prime 2's problem is the artifact hunt is even more annoying because it's tedious going back and forth between worlds at the end

Also the spider and boost ball guardians suck rear end