Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The reason everyone makes fun of phrenology is because of a psy-op meant to keep people from learning the truth - that white people are the dumbest race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
always nice to see more exposure for gladio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NeF1Jr6ltA

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Jel Shaker posted:

that’s it, they’ve hit critical mass, enough notable names to get any celebrity they want now

Adam is the new Howard Stern

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Looking just at the animal kingdom, a large brain is not a guarantee of high intelligence but a smaller one absolutely limits how smart the animal can become
:shrug:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Futanari Damacy posted:

Looking just at the animal kingdom, a large brain is not a guarantee of high intelligence but a smaller one absolutely limits how smart the animal can become
:shrug:

Aren't some birds pretty smart?

I imagine it depends on the type of intelligence. I get the impression that social intelligence is a completely different kind of thing than "using tools" intelligence.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Edit: double-posted by mistake

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Ytlaya posted:

I imagine it depends on the type of intelligence. I get the impression that social intelligence is a completely different kind of thing than "using tools" intelligence.

pretty wide variation. some are tool using jokesters, some are basically bugs

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

He has a few guests for this series so it's not that dry if anyone was debating listening.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Pentiment is a really good game and obviously none of them played it.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Oh hey you made a good post.

But yeah its a shame none of them.played it..except Felix he would have hated jt

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

gaming episode with felix

Yeah I didn't want to be a hater but Felix was super annoying and his lack of insight compared to Josh Sawyer couldn't be more stark

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

It really was a wasted opportunity. Waypoint had a far better conversations with him about the time period

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

mcmagic posted:

It's pretty short too. Nobody games anymore.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

pentiment sucks wish they talked more about new vegas

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

A Bag of Milk posted:

Yeah I didn't want to be a hater but Felix was super annoying and his lack of insight compared to Josh Sawyer couldn't be more stark

felix sperging out over fromsoft while jsawyer calmly explains why fromsoft made their games accessible in a more intuitive way is funny to me. Guess all the Vaati lore vids don't teach that.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Popy posted:

the stream would have crashed.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
all of Felix's gaming takes are mid besides maybe about MGS

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Popy posted:

agreed. chapo need to include core content like f:nv, earthbound and heroes of might and magic II

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

He has a few guests for this series so it's not that dry if anyone was debating listening.

yeah the PROMISE episodes were great and a huge a ooohh thats what it’s all about moment for me

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Felix is bad at video games and shouldn’t be allowed to talk about them until he git gud :colbert:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Futanari Damacy posted:

Felix is bad at video games and shouldn’t be allowed to talk about them until he git gud :colbert:

needing to look up video guides on how to beat sekiro bosses :roflolmao:

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Ytlaya posted:

Crows have a decent brain:body mass ratio (around chimps), it’s just quite dense. Chickens though? Herzog was right.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Futanari Damacy posted:

Can't get good while doing all that heroin

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Felix has some strengths in talking about Games, but with more old or esoteric videogames or for deeper intricacies he's not very good. He can gush about Tony Hawk or MGS, but if someone sits next to him to tell him how those games were built or how what lead to their development, he starts spinning wheels.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

felix should play the new madden when it comes out this summer

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

new szn of blowback soon

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I started listening to Seeking Derangements and I think it’s making me homophobic.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
good, you can pay them extra to get the homophobia pass.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Gripweed posted:

I started listening to Seeking Derangements and I think it’s making me homophobic.

lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Popy posted:

new szn of blowback soon

what about

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

https://twitter.com/deep_beige/status/1604280308555300866

reposting because they made a good rear end trailer

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Clark Nova posted:

https://twitter.com/deep_beige/status/1604280308555300866

reposting because they made a good rear end trailer

oh hell yeah that's the best topic they could have picked

I recommended Blowback yesterday to a coworker doing a cross country drive, hoping he comes back all crackpinged about Iraq

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Kunster posted:

Felix has some strengths in talking about Games, but with more old or esoteric videogames or for deeper intricacies he's not very good. He can gush about Tony Hawk or MGS, but if someone sits next to him to tell him how those games were built or how what lead to their development, he starts spinning wheels.

I've brought this up about all of the Chapos, but they have the money and time that any of them can get an advanced education in whatever they want. He could study game design, just out of interest, and still record an hour twice a week. Matt could finish grad school. Will could... yeah idk he likes knowing New York media people, maybe film school.

It's just sad to see Felix play CS:GO all day every day when he could really do something cool.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Popy posted:

new szn of blowback soon

Hell yeah

Enrico la Spaniard
Dec 15, 2021

Gripweed posted:

Reasonable reaction tbh

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Frosted Flake posted:

I've brought this up about all of the Chapos, but they have the money and time that any of them can get an advanced education in whatever they want. He could study game design, just out of interest, and still record an hour twice a week. Matt could finish grad school. Will could... yeah idk he likes knowing New York media people, maybe film school.

It's just sad to see Felix play CS:GO all day every day when he could really do something cool.

furthermore Adam Friedland would be able to net more distinguished guests if he had a juris doctor

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Dr. Killjoy posted:

furthermore Adam Friedland would be able to net more distinguished guests if he had a juris doctor

Truth.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Kunster posted:

Felix has some strengths in talking about Games

what if X was halo/dark souls/mgs

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

what if X was halo/dark souls/mgs

Like I said, he has strengths and i'm not gonna say he's bad at talking about games in general or that he shouldn't do it, just that he's a bit weak when its not on that circle of games.

Frosted Flake posted:

I'd say that for someone like Josh Sawyer, it should have been someone like Matt, who'd be more familiar with the kind of stuff Pentiment talks about and doesn't have someone with expectations of what games should be or not should be to bounce words with. Unless of course there was a conversation before recording and Josh was like "I'd be happy to talk with Felix for this episode!", which would make it more understandable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Gripweed posted:

are you sure you're not just already homophobic