Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

bike tory posted:

The original game had a guy whose signature move was to do the splits and punch someone in the crotch. It's never taken itself very seriously.

Not to mention:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OVcnN_wpwk&t=26s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Now Tekken on the other hand? Tekken's as deathly serious as The Last of Us

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Avocado ice cream is really good though

tinned fish really is trending, mcm_wholesale_memes guy is having none of it

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Larry Cum Free posted:

That’s Roland Deschain he can travel between worlds and dance the commala :madmax:

I don't believe it, he's got two fully functioning hands.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

This is probably the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Karate Bastard posted:

This is probably the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen.

First time on the internet friend?

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

I moved last month and turns out that guy is my new landlord.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ed Boon makes Mortal Kombat. Mortal Kombat's animators keep developing PTSD from all the gore they have to look at when creating fatalities. Mortal Kombat's attack animations also suck total rear end.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I remain confused by some of the details, but I appreciate the explanations

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

If you want a 20 minute video about why the animations are bad I got you covered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t06Dkdg6fEo

but I understand if that's more than you think you need to know

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Desert Bus posted:

First time on the internet friend?

I did read a Junji Ito comic once. Everyone's body turns to spaghetti and ketchup, and keeps spaghetti ketchuping for dozens of pages, before someone does something really gross. Then repeat, until rent is due or whatever. Barf yawn.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Beeswax posted:

https://twitter.com/CosmonautMarcus/status/1181664354305024002

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Karate Bastard posted:

I did read a Junji Ito comic once. Everyone's body turns to spaghetti and ketchup, and keeps spaghetti ketchuping for dozens of pages, before someone does something really gross. Then repeat, until rent is due or whatever. Barf yawn.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/honey-boo-boos-sketti

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hello my baby hello my honey hello my ragtime gaaaaal

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Beeswax posted:

Mortal Kombat is known for its ultraviolence and finishing moves. Someone got it in their heads that people who work on these games need to be exposed to actual, real-life gore and death so they could make the ultraviolence "better." So people are spending hours a day looking at horrific poo poo and being unable to sleep all so people can look at video game characters killing each other and think "Hah, awesome!"

It's really loving dumb and horrible and obviously not worth it.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Aw heck yes, two PYF thread titles are currently mine. It doesn't get any better than this

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

TBF it’s a goofy fighting game, it makes sense for attacks to look distinct and easily identifiable even if they look pretty dumb taken on their own.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

It was even worse before
https://twitter.com/CosmonautMarcus/status/1182075916089991168

The core problem is that classic Street Fighter style crouching is not really realistic in a martial art in the first place. A mo-cap based fighting game like Mortal Kombat will always have a hard time with crouching attacks because striking from that position is stupid in the first place.

Even Street Fighter 6 has transitioned to characters leaning down or squatting rather than going to a full crouching position.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I like the stiff animations, they're faithful to the original digitized style. They're free of the constraints of the time but I like that they keep that same feel and spirit alive.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Agents are GO! posted:

MKX also has Predator in it. One of the othere characters is a cowboy, who has a move where they shoot the other character with a bullet that has their name on it. When he uses it on Predator, the bullet reads "ugly mofo".

https://i.imgur.com/wqhTlTl.mp4

Jesus, Pred. You really skipped every leg day, didn't you.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I like the stiff animations, they're faithful to the original digitized style. They're free of the constraints of the time but I like that they keep that same feel and spirit alive.

"I like that it's poo poo because it was always poo poo"

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's my secret, Cap.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Dabir posted:

"I like that it's poo poo because it was always poo poo"

unironically yes

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Pearls before swine

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

bike tory posted:

Avocado ice cream is really good though

tinned fish really is trending, mcm_wholesale_memes guy is having none of it

What is up with the canned fish?!
Where's this coming from?
My son just made me buy him sardines and anchovies.
We thought it was part of his Project Zomboid IRL thing but I don't know now. We're all just so glad he hasn't been radicalized by the far right we're like sure, son, how's the canned fish taste test going?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Canned fish is very nice, I like canned mussels and sardines. Very good to eat.

Pleased that people are finding delicious fish to eat.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BarbarousBertha posted:

What is up with the canned fish?!
Where's this coming from?
My son just made me buy him sardines and anchovies.
We thought it was part of his Project Zomboid IRL thing but I don't know now. We're all just so glad he hasn't been radicalized by the far right we're like sure, son, how's the canned fish taste test going?

LOL that's great. Canned fish is both healthy (in reasonable amounts) and pretty cheap, so it's hard to imagine something more innocuous for the kids to get into.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Better than tide pods for sure

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/c3bbSwA.mp4

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Superman with a boner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NIoUOG_hmg

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

cant believe they ended the season with a cliffhanger wtf

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I liked sardines, now they're gonna be 300% more expensive :negative:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

It's worth mentioning that Joker and Rambo and Terminator and Robocop and the like are bonus characters. They're not included in the storylines of the games, they're just there so you can have stupid fun with them in PvP. They're usually platform exclusive, too (at least they used to be)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
They need to have doomguy in mk already

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Jamesman posted:

Mortal Kombat is known for its ultraviolence and finishing moves. Someone got it in their heads that people who work on these games need to be exposed to actual, real-life gore and death so they could make the ultraviolence "better." So people are spending hours a day looking at horrific poo poo and being unable to sleep all so people can look at video game characters killing each other and think "Hah, awesome!"

the virgin mortal kombat developers looking at gore pics versus the chad carmageddon developers hitting a man with a car

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The team behind Sniper Elite (a game about shooting Nazis in the balls and seeing the x-ray) never had to do any of that.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Hyperlynx posted:

It's worth mentioning that Joker and Rambo and Terminator and Robocop and the like are bonus characters. They're not included in the storylines of the games, they're just there so you can have stupid fun with them in PvP. They're usually platform exclusive, too (at least they used to be)

The only platform-exclusive was Kratos in MK9. Everyone else has been available across all platforms.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Philippe posted:

The team behind Sniper Elite (a game about shooting Nazis in the balls and seeing the x-ray) never had to do any of that.

Too bad, they should've shot some nazis in the balls, for science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jamesman posted:

and that is nothing compared to what naughty dog watched when making 'last of us' I and II

game developers are loving weirdos