Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

thathonkey posted:

i always thought musk was a dipshit but the earliest incident i can really remember of him "opening his mouth to remove all doubt" was when the thai kids got trapped in the cave, he tried to do a PR stunt involving sending a rigid bluetooth enabled submarine vessel through a tight and complex network of caverns. when it failed as miserably as anyone with a fraction of a brain expected (similar to the "we're making covid ventilators!" thing), he doubled down and called one of the divers who performed the actual rescue successfully a pedophile

Musk sent P.I.s to dig up sleaze and dirt on the diver, which didn't yield anything. Even so, he continued insulting and defaming the diver on twitter.

elon posted:

calling the guy who found the children a pedo

Bet ya a signed dollar it’s true.

musk of course won through the test of infinite lawyer money the ensuing defamation lawsuit. At some point he deleted the accusatory tweets but said in an interview that calling someone a pedo is just a common insult in boer culture and doesn't really mean pedo.

frumpykvetchbot fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Strong Sauce posted:

imagine having 3x someone's net worth, where net worth >1 billion, and pointing to that guy and saying: "he. he's the problem." also the guy is like 92 years old.

I cant, I just cant

Its crazy

Also there's no need.

There's an over arching thought

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

He was never on that, his PR was just better back then and he rarely spoke in public.

Giving the dude a vehicle to speak in public was the worst thing for his brand

Donnie daughter or any other photo op where she and other people hold soldering irons wrong are doing more real science than musk and his muskrats.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
also which regressive billionaire funds Bab Bee?

like imagine the brain worms to go "make regressive onion" and the amazing talent hiring to always consistently have bad takes and jokes.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Musk sent P.I.s to dig up sleaze and dirt on the diver, which didn't yield anything. Even so, he continued insulting and defaming the divider on twitter.

musk of course won through the test of infinite lawyer money the ensuing defamation lawsuit. At some point he deleted the accusatory tweets but said in an interview that calling someone a pedo is just a common insult in boer culture and doesn't really mean pedo.

Musk did also did tell a Buzzfeed reporter that the guy was a child rapist but it was just another joke!

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Don't want to derail but I thought this comic was topical: https://www.badspacecomics.com/post/free-mars

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
you shouldnt be able to call someone a white supremacist without unequivocal evidence, instead maybe try pedophile or rapist? (i guess tbf in reality its usually all of the above)

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I had two separate dreams last night where Elon attempted to murder me. Apparently he has gained the power of Freddy Krueger. If I ever suddenly stop posting, you'll know he got me.

Avenge me, goons

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

If musk was some great inventor wouldn't his name be on a lot more patents. iirc the only ones he has his name on are some design patents. It feels like such an easy thing for a media outlet to check but I guess fellating billionaires IS their primary MO

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

:hmmyes:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

...! posted:

I had two separate dreams last night where Elon attempted to murder me. Apparently he has gained the power of Freddy Krueger. If I ever suddenly stop posting, you'll know he got me.

Avenge me, goons

Concerning

...!
Oct 5, 2003

thathonkey posted:

you shouldnt be able to call someone a white supremacist without unequivocal evidence, instead maybe try pedophile or rapist? (i guess tbf in reality its usually all of the above)

I hope you're not talking about Elon? He tweets more and more evidence that he's a white supremacist every drat day. I'm not sure what more proof you could possibly want

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

...! posted:

Avenge me, goons

Musk is powerful, but he is still limited by the rules of the dreamworld. To fight him you must transcend those rules.

Free your mind.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Musk is powerful, but he is still limited by the rules of the dreamworld. To fight him you must transcend those rules.

Free your mind.

:thunk:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

thathonkey posted:

Elon Musk will never love you.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Just go to sleep with a Grimes Dakimakura. You'll still have it in your dream world and it will destroy him

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

...! posted:

I hope you're not talking about Elon? He tweets more and more evidence that he's a white supremacist every drat day. I'm not sure what more proof you could possibly want

SirPhoebos posted:

maybe im being too charitable, but i read that post as calling out elon's hypocrisy. as in, he gets super pissed when people call him a white supremacist, but he was happy to call the rescue worker a "pedo" without any evidence whatsoever

...!
Oct 5, 2003

SirPhoebos posted:

Concerning

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Earwicker posted:

maybe im being too charitable, but i read that post as calling out elon's hypocrisy. as in, he gets super pissed when people call him a white supremacist, but he was happy to call the rescue worker a "pedo" without any evidence whatsoever

Interesting

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

...! posted:

they're making a joke based on an Elon tweet OP

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Ummm....does this have any possible meaning other than "go SWAT this person, my army of minions?"

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1659794190577057792

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I Greyhound posted:

Ummm....does this have any possible meaning other than "go SWAT this person, my army of minions?"

I think he's trying to be sarcastic like "oh no a minor crime, call in all the police!"

Can't wait to see what he posts when all the twitter employees die in a fire because of lovely locks

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

I Greyhound posted:

yeah it does. i hate him but making up stuff just diverts from actually caring (to hate)

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Hold on....
To your dick
Or Elon Musk is gonna come for it

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

kazil posted:

I think he's trying to be sarcastic like "oh no a minor crime, call in all the police!"

Can't wait to see what he posts when all the twitter employees die in a fire because of lovely locks

Musk is no longer satisfied with merely burning people to death in his vehicles and wants to let his buildings also burn people to death

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Don't want to derail but I thought this comic was topical: https://www.badspacecomics.com/post/free-mars

Ah, brilliant. Pretty drat brilliant.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I Greyhound posted:

Naturally the bluecheck squad is laughing at the possibility of easily preventable deaths

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Musk sent P.I.s to dig up sleaze and dirt on the diver, which didn't yield anything. Even so, he continued insulting and defaming the diver on twitter.

i continue to be disappointed that nobody has casually referred to him as 'pedo guy' in an interview with him

as in 'so pedo guy, could you please tell me more about Starship's blah blah blah'

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/Edmond_J_/status/1659953948902543364

Many are saying this

Seriously, they are. Buncha brain geniuses over there

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Still, he never will :colbert:

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The only thing I miss about having a twitter account is being able to fulfill the urge to reply with “another truck of poo poo departs from the poo poo factory” or “god could stop you but must know something even dumber is coming”.

There should be a website that just lets you reply to a tweet. Some account that just says “slosifl - wow once again a mole stops halfway through eating an earthworm with an opinion”. Like you submit it and it shows up.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

SLOSifl posted:

The only thing I miss about having a twitter account is being able to fulfill the urge to reply with “another truck of poo poo departs from the poo poo factory” or “god could stop you but must know something even dumber is coming”.

There should be a website that just lets you reply to a tweet. Some account that just says “slosifl - wow once again a mole stops halfway through eating an earthworm with an opinion”. Like you submit it and it shows up.

There is, it's called Something Awful :elon::elon:

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

MrQwerty posted:

my dad met him at a conference when they founded spacex and said he was the biggest dipshit he'd ever interacted with and all he talked about was money to a room full of rocket scientists
Can you stop repeating this bullshit story? Your dad doesn't work at Nintendo and he didn't meet elon musk.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Prettz posted:

Can you stop repeating this bullshit story? Your dad doesn't work at Nintendo and he didn't meet elon musk.

I can only conclude the story is real, and you are Elon. concerning...

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Hopefully Instagram will finish Elmo but I have doubts.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

It is really wild that he's doing this. I mean I don't know if anyone remembers the triangle shirtwaist factory fire. But uh...yeah

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

yea im super hot thanks for asking

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

It is really wild that he's doing this. I mean I don't know if anyone remembers the triangle shirtwaist factory fire. But uh...yeah

What's the problem? If there's a fire, just go to the top floor and call your helicopter to come pick you up. Those workers are in no real danger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
"The Towering Inferno" but with Elongated in charge.