Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Beeftweeter posted:

literally none of my dogs have ever rolled around in poop lol

tried to eat it, sure, but rolled around in? naw

his brother never has either i dunno why he does it. he doesn't do it very often at least thank god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my GSD/Husky mix would sometimes roll in things (not poo, usually dead things) and also had a wicked prey drive

my Labrador likes to watch the birds, chipmunks, and squirrels eat birdseed out my office window and gets upset about going out in the rain or getting messy

my guess is it’s a combination of breed traits and personalities

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

god drat my stupid aussie mix loves to roll in trailside poo poo. cat poo poo in particular. idiot rear end!!! at least shes a little better about it now that shes older

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

on that note i've been trying to find him some toys and stuff while we're at my parents place in florida and literally everything is too big for him :smith:

he used to love playing with these little ping-pong sized tennis balls:

so i got some down here that are very slightly bigger, but he's not even interested because he can't pick them up

e: previous pic was not so good

our 5kg dog likes squeaky toys and the smallest version of the kong duck is a real hit. should look something like this

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Progressive JPEG posted:

our 5kg dog likes squeaky toys and the smallest version of the kong duck is a real hit. should look something like this

huh, i'll have to check out some local pet stores i guess. the selection at the walmart is dire

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

aforementioned 5kg dog loves all people of all ages, but for dogs if shes on a leash AND theres another dog AND she hasn't met the dog before then she gets real barky. mainly a problem on walks in areas with lots of other dogs

meanwhile if we take her to a friends place or a dogsitter, where theres dogs but no leash, or dogs she knows with leash, then shes fine

could probably try to train her out of it but she's already approx 12yo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
my dog as a kid loved nothing more than rolling on a dead fish she had found at the beach

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Progressive JPEG posted:

aforementioned 5kg dog loves all people of all ages, but for dogs if shes on a leash AND theres another dog AND she hasn't met the dog before then she gets real barky. mainly a problem on walks in areas with lots of other dogs

meanwhile if we take her to a friends place or a dogsitter, where theres dogs but no leash, or dogs she knows with leash, then shes fine

could probably try to train her out of it but she's already approx 12yo

eggy is about half that size (hes about 7 lbs now, ~3 kg) but absolutely loves people too. other dogs not so much, but that's probably because he was in and out of shelters before we adopted him. he's not aggressive around them or anything, he just looks super uncomfortable and hides behind us. anyway he's been becoming a bit more friendly around other dogs and is roughly 12.5, so it's absolutely possible to train older doggo. you just gotta try to get them used to it

his 4th year since the adoption is coming up on the 27th :)

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

back in canada so you know what that means, two weeks of ginger content for the dog thread

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

literally a one-track mind, something to chase enters her field of view and it's just a dial tone between the ears from there on out

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
it was hot out today so we took the kids to get Pup Cups

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/may/15/dog-rescued-after-scaling-englands-highest-mountain-scafell-pike

king poo poo

quote:

A mountain rescue team has praised the “cool, calm and positively regal” demeanour of the subject of a weekend callout: an injured and exhausted dog who got up England’s highest peak but refused to come down.

Rocky the akita and its owners successfully climbed Scafell Pike in the Lake District on Saturday.

The trouble began on the way down towards Langdale, Keswick mountain rescue team said. The dog was exhausted, had a cut paw and was “refusing to move”.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
crossposting some dogs in motorcycle sidecars from the weekend thread

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Those are some bad boys :getin:

mood:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

There's a giant rescue greyhound type dog that comes to my co-working space sometimes and it arrives, finds a spot right in the middle of a walkway, then sleeps for the entire workday

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

lurchers are god tier nappers

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

matti
Mar 31, 2019

such a handsome dog

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Pongo gets lots of creek time when it’s warm enough.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 10, 2023

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

devmd01 posted:

I have one of those. Big pittie mutt boy here but looks quite close. They are so good

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:3:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qjncpv656g1x4pmbc.mp4

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i think eggy hurt his back legs (or maybe his back)

he's been walking around real slow and occasionally losing his footing on his back legs, and he gets real wobbly. not really sure what to do about it since it's also making him really, really cranky. almost bit me when i tried to give him some rimadyl :smith:

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

devmd01 posted:

an extremely good boy

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

i think eggy hurt his back legs (or maybe his back)

he's been walking around real slow and occasionally losing his footing on his back legs, and he gets real wobbly. not really sure what to do about it since it's also making him really, really cranky. almost bit me when i tried to give him some rimadyl :smith:

x-rays to make sure he hasn't broken something is probably a good idea. my aunt had the same symptoms when she broke her back.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

poodle jones has an upset tummy and has been acting odd today. he curled up at the foot of my chair while i was working, which he almost never does. then he sat under my desk for a while. now he's hiding under the table

Achmed Jones fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 13, 2023

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

this goober still loves his puppy bed and somehow manages to ball up enough to kinda fit in it despite having plenty of other beds his size.

he grew out of this thing was when he was like 15 lbs lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Achmed Jones posted:

poodle jones has an upset tummy and has been acting odd today. he curled up at the foot of my chair while i was working, which he almost never does. then he sat under my desk for a while. now he's hiding under the table

eggy's still not feeling well and was hiding under tables today too

sleepy gary posted:

x-rays to make sure he hasn't broken something is probably a good idea. my aunt had the same symptoms when she broke her back.

probably going to have to take him to the vet if he doesn't improve

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
feel better yosdogs :ohdear:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

good luck eggy! i have a special spot in my heart for old rescue dogs. and also a special spot in my heart for eggy as such.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
thanks guys. hopefully he's back to normal soon :)

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
The Slobbermonter

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tk posted:

The Slobbermonter

no
need to sign your posts around here buddy you should know better

Roosevelt