Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fyi if this works like genshin you can just not raise your el and you'll still bank trailblazer exp for when you do, you dont have to slam it right away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I don't think there's any reason not to, though? It's not like there's a big exploration component that you'd make tedious; the main reason to raise EL level is just that it makes all the farming nodes more stamina-efficient.

Edit: I guess the main story exists? But given how it's level-locked I'm not sure keeping EL low would work anyway.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if youre completely resource starved for whatever reason/dont have the stuff prepared to bring your main team up a notch you can get leveled out of doing side quests and stuff. if you're just on full daily autogrind supports can carry you through but if you're actually doing the MSQ/side quests that have combat you can absolutely get outleveled if you arent prepared.

the MSQ scales beyond the level you need to unlock it - that is, it scales with your EL like everything else, not the level you are. if you dont' clear it as soon as it unlocks you can go an EL beyond where it is when you first unlock it, and it will scale with that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also unlike genshin exp/money nodes dont give enemy mats so you could have trouble farming those too since you cant use supports for that.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

I did 2 10 pulls and got March on both lol

I'm not tempting my luck any further.
Keep in mind that if you're fishing for 4-stars and actively trying to dodge the 5-star, it's a little safer to single-pull. It lets you go a little longer or shorter and stop right after getting a 4-star, where your risk/reward ratio is best, and it also stops you from overshooting the 4-star you're looking for and running into the 5-star in the same batch. (Which is pretty unlikely, but there's no reason to risk it.)

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 15:31 on May 20, 2023

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

On the other hand single pulls are way less fun, not to mention tedious. There's nothing quite like the horrible feeling of spending your last 160 gemeralds and getting a 3* lightcone.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

FractalSandwich posted:

Keep in mind that if you're fishing for 4-stars and actively trying to dodge the 5-star, it's a little safer to single-pull. It lets you go a little longer or shorter and stop right after getting a 4-star, where your risk/reward ratio is best, and it also stops you from overshooting the 4-star you're looking for running into the 5-star in the same batch. (Which is pretty unlikely, but there's no reason to risk it.)

you convinced me to keep going on the lightning boy banner for some sushang eidolons, one pull at a time

consolation prize :pcgaming:

fake edit: next ten pulls two tingyun she's e6 lmao

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Hot take, but I think I'd like Bronya's design more without the triple drill hair.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The drill is moe.

Silver Wolf rocks it better though.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

On the other hand single pulls are way less fun, not to mention tedious. There's nothing quite like the horrible feeling of spending your last 160 gemeralds and getting a 3* lightcone.
Fun? Please. If you ask me, manually keeping track of my pity in a text file and updating my mental estimates for how much jade I'll have two patches from now is more than enough excitement for one three-week period.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
hope Fu Xuan is in the same banner as Silver Fox

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GateOfD posted:

fu xuan is gonna be a 5* sorry

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I like it when I press the button and the shiny lights happen.

GateOfD posted:

Unlikely, since I'm pretty sure Fu Xuan is going to be a 5*?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'll be slamming up EQ4 as soon as I can. Overworld mobs will still probably be pretty easy, and it'll be a while before there's new MSQ so plenty time to boost my team's power.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Endorph posted:

fu xuan is gonna be a 5* sorry

This. If it's any consolation, Silver Wolf is gonna be in 1.1 and Fu Xuan is (possibly) going to be in 1.3, so there'll be at least like a month or two of breather room to reaccumulate a little bit if you're after both.

Like I am, god help me.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
i know the requirements for rewards is small.
but who is gonna take over 30 turns on this and miss the lowest reward lol, especially since this thing scales to your EQ level anyway.

interesting that its a different trial character for each one, expected all to be the banner characters to entice people to pull

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kanos posted:

This. If it's any consolation, Silver Wolf is gonna be in 1.1 and Fu Xuan is (possibly) going to be in 1.3, so there'll be at least like a month or two of breather room to reaccumulate a little bit if you're after both.

Like I am, god help me.
And if you want Silver Wolf, Kafka and Fu Xuan like I do, you better get good at flipping coins.

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.

FractalSandwich posted:

And if you want Silver Wolf, Kafka and Fu Xuan like I do, you better get good at flipping coins.

Hey now...I also want Luocha.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
did both available rounds in 6 turns so far

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Does anyone have a link to a good new player's guide for this? It's captured my attention so far, unlike Genshin.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

https://www.prydwen.gg/star-rail/guides/

Prydwen has answered 95% of my questions and this thread takes care of the rest. Prydwen isn't gospel but they seem real good.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

GateOfD posted:

did both available rounds in 6 turns so far

Did this one in 5 turns because Seele is funny.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
is there a chance to get double orange in EL4 or is just more purple fodder

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
I like to max everyone out before going to the next equilibrium. feels nice

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Don’t sleep on the shop that uses whatever you get from pulling as currency. It’s crazy useful.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
worst part about relic farming is when your finished with 3/4 or even just 2/4 and you just keep getting the other ones

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

That's what the monthly build-your-own-relic is for.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
yea, used it already, but you know there's more than one character.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Not having an off-set piece sucks not only in terms of making it harder to complete the set but because in Genshin if you get like Crit Damage with great substats in a defensive set you still have an awesome piece you can use, but in SR it's salvage fodder.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Seems the trial characters for the brawl event are decently geared
E3
lvl10 5⭐ relics
all traces upgraded
S1 4⭐ light cone

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Araganzar posted:

Not having an off-set piece sucks not only in terms of making it harder to complete the set but because in Genshin if you get like Crit Damage with great substats in a defensive set you still have an awesome piece you can use, but in SR it's salvage fodder.

It's salvage fodder for now, but it might not be salvage fodder in the future as more characters with different toolkits come out. For example, Fu Xuan is looking like a defensive character who wants to do DPS.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Wandering around in Space China I saw that I can do repeatable laser puzzles each day. Is there anything other daily thingy I can do missing from this list?

1 - Burn TP - natch. I think after TL40 you would want to mostly spend this pre-farming for the next ascension or trying to get orange gear? I don't know which is optimal long-term. Right I now, I do about a 50/50 split between the two goals, so I'll be behind on both!
2 - Do the 500 activity points and battlepass dailies.
3 - Daily quest. At TL40 I started being credit starved. 5k credits for 2-5 mins is worth it for me right now.
4 - Do assignments. They don't seem worth optimizing. I do the two different XPs, credits, and whichever ascension mat I'm lowest on.
5 - Do the dumb check-in thing on the dumb website.
6 - Do laser puzzles? I have to assume these stop giving chests at some point. Been getting jade so far.
7 - Do Hexanexus? I ran into a guy today who made it sound like it will be a daily thing going forward.
8 - Kill respawning enemies. Prydwen says 38 TP worth of EXP per day if you can stomach it. You get a few credits as well. Tomorrow I'm going to track how much a full clear nets me. It isn't a lot of cash but I'm always low now and the fights are "free." The other rewards are the common ascension mats and consumable ingredients that I don't think there's any reason to care about, so overall this is both the most time-consuming activity and probably the most easily skipped.

Then weekly:

1 - Cap on SU points and boss re-fights.
2 - Do battle pass weeklies.

What am I missing?

Araganzar posted:

I'd consider saving your best piece of any given set + mainstat because a big part of the potential design space is in characters that want to use odd stat combinations. Worst-case scenario, it's looking like there will be situations where missing a 4-piece bonus is worth it if your substats are good enough, so it may be usable as an off-set item. This is just a guess from playing other gachas, though.

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 20, 2023

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The laser puzzles, along with a few others like minecarts and divinations, aren't repeatable forever, you just do them like 3 times before they run out forever.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Clarste posted:

The laser puzzles, along with a few others like minecarts and divinations, aren't repeatable forever, you just do them like 3 times before they run out forever.

I'm both saddened and relieved that the daily chore list won't be so long

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

They all show up on the map with a puzzle piece icon so you can just scan through areas to see if you're missing anything.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Hexanexus refreshes all the puzzles one time when you first complete all of them, then it's done.

The other temporarily repeatable puzzle things are the mine carts on Belobog, the sundial skiff shipment thing in Cloudford on Luofu, the "match the drawing" thing in the Divination area on Luofu, and the laser shooting puzzles in the Artisanship commission on Luofu. All of those give you like 3 puzzles per day for 3-4 days before being done.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Used 20 pulls on the weapon banner hoping for either the 5* or the March 7 cone, got neither. Now I feel a strong "well, you are 25% toward hard pity, might as well keep pulling" presence in the back of my mind.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Pulled JL, started using him and was like "Well he doesn't seem much better than Serval but he's still cool", realized I hadn't upgraded his traces yet. Man I don't even have gear that really suits him yet and he's still starting to get real, real crazy. I just wish I hadn't gotten him immediately after hitting Eqi 3 and blowing literally every single upgrade mat I had getting other people up. Oh well in 3 days he's going to be an insane badass. And now to begin saving literally every single jade for Loucha, and 5 star dude gang will be a reality.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ the Talent trace is the most important by far, since most of Jing Yuan's damage is from his summon (which does bonkers damage, even single-target)

drat, the defense relic chestpiece I got from Trailblazer Rank 47 has some great substats. CRIT/CDMG/ATK%/Effect Resistance (the only somewhat weird one is the last one, but it actually seems good for a tank).

Big upgrade to both March and Trailblazer, since Trailblazer previously had my only def% chest piece (which was a 4* with lovely substats) and Match didn't have a def% mainstat chest, so she gained like ~300 defense from equipping Trailblazer's old chest piece.

Edit: Also got another Tingyun eidolon from the banner, which is very nice. Her second. I hope I can reach her 4th at some point, since it seems like the biggest deal.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Pain of Mind posted:

Used 20 pulls on the weapon banner hoping for either the 5* or the March 7 cone, got neither. Now I feel a strong "well, you are 25% toward hard pity, might as well keep pulling" presence in the back of my mind.

friends dont let friends gamble needlessly

stop now, friend