Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

jet plane with a big lightbloom on the nose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Stux posted:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Stux posted:

no good. i need to be able to move vertically and horizontally in every direction, at variable speeds.

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
Oh the great fairy can enhance armor lol. I wish I had done this quest before clearing all the regional phenomenon :)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

i havent been satisfied with any vehicle ive made for underground traversal. it might just be extremely difficult to traverse the depths no matter what you do

traverse the overworld and jump down a chasm

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
gently caress that the suns up there. Depths gang

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
This game is hard lol . I’m just a naked man getting lit on fire over and over

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the tude now posted:

This game is hard lol . I’m just a naked man getting lit on fire over and over

Sure but what are you doing in the game :D

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sure but what are you doing in the game :D

got his rear end.

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Spending all your poes to reveal new poe merchants and then not having any poes to actually buy stuff ftw

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

just hit 100 shrines...but there's still so much game left

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Tried to help a korok so I made a wing with hot air balloon for extra lift. I tossed a pine cone in the fire to increase elevation but I was too close and set myself on fire. Then I threw a splash fruit to extinguish the fire but it put out the balloon fire too and I crashed. Game owns.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Martman posted:

Spending all your poes to reveal new poe merchants and then not having any poes to actually buy stuff ftw

even knowing the locations they are not exactly super easy to find.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

my morning jackass posted:

even knowing the locations they are not exactly super easy to find.
Yeah I was feeling like a loser for paying for the info but then he revealed stuff that I had walked right by and definitely never woulda noticed

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Apparently there's a poe statue in the middle of the great mine or whatever but I'm too stupid to even find that, so I'm absolutely not trying to find the others without assistance

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

They're gonna find my skeleton with my switch ultrahand glued to my hands.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I've beaten the wind and water temples. Both were very cool, but I'm doing side quests now before tackling the other two. Should probably work on unlocking all the hand abilities.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

just hit 100 shrines...but there's still so much game left

jesus christ are there 200 shrines

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

It's more than were in BotW at least lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

napkin math says 160. hopefully they didn't pull a botw and make you choose between full hearts and full stamina again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The last significant thing I did in this was tie a variety of items to a single balloon to see how much weight it could hold. Haven't found a dungeon, or unlocked any new hand abilities, nor can I take pictures yet.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

napkin math says 160. hopefully they didn't pull a botw and make you choose between full hearts and full stamina again

I got a full heart from a non shrine quest and I don't know how that cuts into the math

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

I got a full heart from a non shrine quest and I don't know how that cuts into the math

What the gently caress.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Yeah I think there's a decent bit of side things that give hearts that aren't dungeons. I know I got one but don't recall where or how. I figure just doing all the side quests will give cool rewards and are cute so I'm trying to do them all.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

What the gently caress.

It's a really big quest.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
So many things in this game seem set up specifically to surprise you (sometimes rewarding you and sometimes playing nasty tricks on you) if you're familiar with BOTW and it's map. I like how several of the extremely chill and profitable item-farming spots now have scary as gently caress enemies in them lol. I love this game

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Got about 0.5 seconds away from pulling out a bomb arrow in a flaming hot area (during an actually tough battle) and then I heard in my mind the soothing collective voice of the imp zone warning me not to

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

goferchan posted:

So many things in this game seem set up specifically to surprise you (sometimes rewarding you and sometimes playing nasty tricks on you) if you're familiar with BOTW and it's map. I like how several of the extremely chill and profitable item-farming spots now have scary as gently caress enemies in them lol. I love this game

i went to a spot that I knew a lionel used to hang out in BOTW. After surveying the area from above I thought it was all clear, then after walking through I see some gloom pop out of the ground, the music change, and the sky darkened. Very quickly died to that as I had no idea what the gently caress was going on but it was awesome

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

walking up to every civilian in the depths and talking to them, fully confident that they are just innocent researchers looking at whatever thing

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

i went to a spot that I knew a lionel used to hang out in BOTW. After surveying the area from above I thought it was all clear, then after walking through I see some gloom pop out of the ground, the music change, and the sky darkened. Very quickly died to that as I had no idea what the gently caress was going on but it was awesome

that happens randomly i think. It’s happened to me a few times and in places that are insignificant. it is creepy as gently caress.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I ran into a big gloomy blob with too many hands early on and have no idea what it was because it got stuck behind a rock and I decided just to run away. Not dealing with that poo poo. I'm glad the enemy variety is so much better as well, that was one of BotW's slightly weak points

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
the best fuckup is putting a rocket or fan on the wrong way. elaborate flying vehicles and tanks I spend ten minutes on that immediately make the goofy ahh sound off launching us into different regions

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Arch Nemesis posted:

walking up to every civilian in the depths and talking to them, fully confident that they are just innocent researchers looking at whatever thing

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I ran into a big gloomy blob with too many hands early on and have no idea what it was because it got stuck behind a rock and I decided just to run away. Not dealing with that poo poo. I'm glad the enemy variety is so much better as well, that was one of BotW's slightly weak points

Yeah the enemies are better and some of the new moves help mix it up too. Also it’s worth battling harder enemies for fusion parts.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

the best fuckup is putting a rocket or fan on the wrong way. elaborate flying vehicles and tanks I spend ten minutes on that immediately make the goofy ahh sound off launching us into different regions

I did this and then after my plane flipped me off it straightened out again and took the korok it was carrying off beyond the horizon

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Welp, figured out how to make rupees pretty quickly, even if it feels a little cheesy and cheap.

Rito Village advanced flight course costs 20 but pays out 100 if you do it right, and takes less than a minute to do

copy
Jul 26, 2007

killed a lightning gleeok. feel like a champion

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I killed one yesterday, thinking the thunder helm would make me immune to its lasers. it did not. but it was still really helpful. Gonna go after fire and ice today

copy
Jul 26, 2007

yeah the ice one is next for me i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

Welp, figured out how to make rupees pretty quickly, even if it feels a little cheesy and cheap.

Rito Village advanced flight course costs 20 but pays out 100 if you do it right, and takes less than a minute to do

that's not bad. i had been farming sky dragon shards and prime/gourmet meat prior to now but i might have to give this a shot