Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

maybe if they keep giving dnc more -dt% every patch they'll eventually be able to finish their LB before folding over like paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

patch notes posted:

An option to store newly obtained items in the last open inventory slot has been added.
Items will be placed starting from the bottom right of the last page in your inventory.

Apply this setting via the Character Configuration menu by selecting Item Settings and then checking the appropriate box under "Inventory Settings."

YES I'M SO HAPPY

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mikemil828 posted:

Speaking of glams, despite the game explicitly warning you that you would never be able to do so, you will be able to wear the opposite gender's of this year's Valentone's Day gear on Tuesday:

Edit:

While I am at it, dancer glam:

Are those the 2B boots? They seem less glossy than usual

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Dragongem posted:

YES I'M SO HAPPY

It's the little things. But this is a really nice option!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
A minor detail very few people will care about, but the people who do really care about :

That aquarium 'fish' they showed off is Sothis, from ocean fishing (Galadion Bay, spectral current at night if you want to try for one). It's also the first turtle available for aquariums!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

ImpAtom posted:

Some stuff gets less gloss when you dye it certain colors, either cause it just does or cause the color hides it better. Same thing happens with the crafter's leather trousers iirc.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

At least now we'll KNOW what's breaking our Instant Portraits!

If a character's current gear appearance does not match the last saved gear set they used for a specific portrait, a message will be displayed indicating the gear that does not match.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

ImpAtom posted:

Just regular old 2b boots in Dalamud Red

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

quote:

Items stored in the glamour dresser and armoire can now be selected from the dropdown menu when performing "Cast Glamour" at an inn room.* Casting a glamour using equipment stored in the glamour dresser and armoire will not consume a glamour prism.

In addition, equipment held by retainers will also now be displayed in the "Cast Glamour" menu.

Very nice QoL change.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

mikemil828 posted:

Speaking of glams, despite the game explicitly warning you that you would never be able to do so, you will be able to wear the opposite gender's of this year's Valentone's Day gear on Tuesday:

i'm still a tad peeved they haven't made the errant lord's outfit available to girls yet despite it being fully modelled and in the game files

give me my adidas goddamnit!!

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Still haven't even done the Treasure Trove thanks to Zelda.

gently caress it, I might just buy it if it's cheap in the Market Board.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Need like 10 more glamour plates so I can have an individual glam for each crafting/gathering class + MNK and DNC which were the two combat jobs I didn’t have space for

And then yeah double cabinet space again thanks in advance.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chillgamesh posted:

Need like 10 more glamour plates so I can have an individual glam for each crafting/gathering class + MNK and DNC which were the two combat jobs I didn’t have space for

And then yeah double cabinet space again thanks in advance.

Yeah, they keep adding Gearsets, and that's not what we need. We need more Glam Plates and Chest Space.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kheldarn posted:

At least now we'll KNOW what's breaking our Instant Portraits!

If a character's current gear appearance does not match the last saved gear set they used for a specific portrait, a message will be displayed indicating the gear that does not match.

Nice, this means they'll be able to make it work soon then!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

Yeah, they keep adding Gearsets, and that's not what we need. We need more Glam Plates and Chest Space.

:same:

I have 700 items in the Glamour Dresser and it's stressing me out that soon I can't fit any thing more :sigh:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kheldarn posted:

Probably because gearsets are much easier to add. And they're nice, but I agree that more glam plates and more storage are what would really make me happy.

Or more glam plates and a glam log so the storage space isn't needed. After all we've had a fishing log for ages.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Surprised no one’s talking about the Sephihrothgar

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'm one of the very few use cases for 100 gearsets because I can save adventurer plate poses for my character before using a fantasia to change my appearance to and fro

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Spuzzz posted:

I dance sometimes:

Hello dancer glam buddy.

I keep thinking about changing up the outfit and failing to find things that go together, so I haven't actually changed it for a long time.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Thundarr posted:

Hello dancer glam buddy.

I keep thinking about changing up the outfit and failing to find things that go together, so I haven't actually changed it for a long time.

where did you take that shot? i was ready to scout a few locations last night, then the whole game crashed into emergency maintenance, so I just decided I'd use my limited time to take my shots for the thread in whatever stage alliance raid roulette would give me

e: oh wait, that's in a house, isn't it? drat, i need to get mine up to speed

hexwren fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 19, 2023

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

hexwren posted:

where did you take that shot? i was ready to scout a few locations last night, then the whole game crashed into emergency maintenance, so I just decided I'd use my limited time to take my shots for the thread in whatever stage alliance raid roulette would give me

I have a gpose studio set up in my house. Which doesn't get utilized enough, to be honest.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

hexwren posted:

e: oh wait, that's in a house, isn't it? drat, i need to get mine up to speed

The Third Party Tools FC has a room thats a dedicated photobooth if you're on Excal (or have access to). Room #23 I belive it was. Other people have similar setups, as seen by Thundarr's post.

The TPT photo room is especially good for being able to do (nearly) pure whiteout or blackout backgrounds.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I don't really play aiming jobs, but I didn't want to be left out from glamposting and I happened to have just the right chestpiece to throw together a dancer glamour:

I used to take pics in my wife's photobooth, but it's fun trying to think of neat backgrounds now that explorer mode is available in dungeons. And portraits are good if you just want a plain one (animations are more limited, but I usually like bstance, vpose, or the job-specific standing 9).

Dang now I kind of wish I had an excuse to use this portrait.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
My coworker today: hey, you play final fantasy 14 right? My husband and I just finished ARR :getin:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/K_M_overground/status/1659575711433388033?s=20

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I dont really play dancer much but it can be fun to glam for

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
On break:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Idle thought, one of the shards has to have Elezen labeled as Guado.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Dareon posted:

If this ends with us getting Seymour’s hair style, I’m all for it

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dareon posted:

Wait, the Guado were Elves this whole time?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Wait, the Guado were Elves this whole time?

wood elves turned up to 11 I guess (partly tree?)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm pretty sure Guadosalam is just a massive tree

The Guados are elvish as hell

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
DNC glam time? :yeah:

This's my first time touching gpose, so the lighting could be better. I like how the last one turned out, though :toot:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Current Tiny Dancer glam.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
serious "Tataru is about to kick my rear end" energy

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Doomykins posted:

serious "Tataru is about to kick my rear end" energy

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I usually can get into the story behind most story content but man I just cannot get into the pandemonium story. It's reaching "stormblood raid" levels of my eyes glazing over.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Dragongem posted:

I usually can get into the story behind most story content but man I just cannot get into the pandemonium story. It's reaching "stormblood raid" levels of my eyes glazing over.

tbh, i don't care for either of the raid stories thus far.

The 6.x MSQ has been great but the raid stuff has been more lukewarm for me.

I'm hoping the final tier of each is incredible. I remember at times feeling the same about the previous raids. It's easy to forget how much of slow burns they can be. (I bitched endlessly about how boring I felt the first portion of the Eden story was)

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

I needed a laugh, this is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

I needed a laugh, this is amazing

I lost my poo poo when I realized the monitor wasn't added after the fact, it was a bard doing it.