Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

The Saucer Hovers posted:

show ends at season two
season three and the xfiles episode were retooled so hard by the network they are excused from the canon
Know that feel. I pretend the second X-files movie doesn't exist :whitewater:

This post made me think of the lone gunmen pilot episode and saw this on the lone gunmen wiki under Pre 9/11 controversy:

The Lone Gunmen Wiki posted:

The Lone Gunmen was produced by Arnon Milchan, a dual citizen Israeli-American Mossad agent. Milchan also produced The Medusa Touch (1976), which had as its climactic scene an airline flying to a skyscraper. He also produced Fight Club (1999), which had as its final scene the controlled demolition of multiple financial corporation skyscraper. Yet this Wikipedia does not mention this. Coincidence?

Yeah because obviously if somebody is going to plan a terrorist attack they make sure they produce a bunch of scenes for publicly released movies that reflect their plans as a little wink to all the conspiracy theorists out there. What else would they do with their time??
That is odd that those movies are not on the wiki. Interesting cover on the medusa touch:

The wiki says this about him:

Wikipedia posted:

Intelligence career

Speculation about Milchan's involvement in arms dealing and intelligence activities was sparked after the indictment in 1985 of Dr. Richard Kelly Smyth, an aerospace executive and scientist who had made illegal shipments of Krytrons, which could be used as nuclear weapon triggers, through one of Milchan's companies. This remained largely in the category of rumor until biographers Meir Doron and Joseph Gelman wrote a controversial unauthorized biography of Milchan that was published in July 2011. The biography Confidential, which is largely sympathetic to Milchan, revealed in detail how he involved himself in espionage, big-ticket arms-dealing, and obtaining sensitive technology and materials for Israel's nuclear weapons program. The research in Confidential – The Life Of Secret Agent Turned Hollywood Tycoon established that "at least through the mid-1980s [Milchan] was a full-fledged operative for Israel's top-secret intelligence agency, Lekem. His activities included "buying components to build and maintain Israel's nuclear arsenal" and supervising "government-backed accounts and front companies that financed the special needs of the entirety of Israel's intelligence operations outside the country".[2] Interviewed regarding Milchan's intelligence activities, Israeli President Shimon Peres stated:

"Arnon is a special man. It was I who recruited him.... When I was at the Ministry of Defense, Arnon was involved in numerous defense-related procurement activities and intelligence operations. His strength is in making connections at the highest levels.... His activities gave us a huge advantage, strategically, diplomatically and technologically." (interview dated February 8, 2010, documented in Meir Doron and Joseph Gelman's "Confidential: Secret Agent turned Hollywood Tycoon Arnon Milchan" p. xi).

Two years later, on November 25, 2013, on Israel's channel 2 documentary program Uvda [he], Milchan confirmed on camera the central claims in the book Confidential that had been released earlier. The announcement caused international interest in the story and was covered widely.[14]

Peres, the architect of Israel's secret nuclear weapons program in the 1960s, stated that in the 1960s he recruited Milchan to work for the Israeli Bureau of Scientific Relations (LEKEM or LAKAM), a secret intelligence organization tasked with obtaining military technology and science espionage. Milchan acknowledged that he was a secret arms dealer for the Israeli government and claimed to have used his connections to promote the apartheid regime in South Africa in exchange for it helping Israel to acquire uranium for its nuclear program.[15]
and an avid art collector. Some interesting names here.. <_<;

Wikipedia posted:

Art collecting

Milchan is an art collector, and in April 2015, CNBC ranked him at No. 3 in their list of "Hollywood's top 10 art collectors" with a collection valued at $600 million, equal with George Lucas, ranked No. 2, but some way behind David Geffen at No. 1, with a collection valued at $2.3 billion.[21]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

for real though im glad chris carters millennium never got a foothold in the popular culture that show is my own private idaho

i like the episode with the demons.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

AntifaSupersoldier posted:

This post made me think of the lone gunmen pilot episode and saw this on the lone gunmen wiki under Pre 9/11 controversy:

That is odd that those movies are not on the wiki. Interesting cover on the medusa touch:

and an avid art collector. Some interesting names here.. <_<;

for once i was expecting a jolly west and did not yell a motherfucker

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Season 1 and ESPECIALLY season 2 hold up.

i like the episode where the demons are playing poker

e: im very surprised i was beaten to this

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

theyre sharing a meal of coffee and donuts and piss, not playing poker get on my level

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

AND YES the satirical episodes are some of the finest with Jose Chungs Doomsday Defense being the finest episode of self satirizing television ever produced now stop talking about it someone will hear

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

lets all agree we should watch Lone Gunmen Seaon Only

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Interesting cover on the medusa touch:

Boots Riley rerelease Party Music with the original cover or you’re a coward

to be fair I don’t actually think he’s a coward and I wouldn’t be shocked if he really did it

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

eSports Chaebol posted:

Boots Riley rerelease Party Music with the original cover or you’re a coward

to be fair I don’t actually think he’s a coward and I wouldn’t be shocked if he really did it

Supposedly he was fighting to keep that cover but was overruled

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

quote:

Milchan acknowledged that he was a secret arms dealer for the Israeli government and claimed to have used his connections to promote the apartheid regime in South Africa in exchange for it helping Israel to acquire uranium for its nuclear program.[15]

Interesting they use his claim, because he was caught lying about his involvement with South Africa. He makes it seem like South Africa was helping Israel with their nuclear program but it was the other way round. He had a front company importing nuclear triggers from the US to Israel, which he then sold directly to one of SAs ministers. He was also implicated in as the mover and fixer for a SA scheme to fund pro-SA propaganda and interfere in US politics. He was implicated as having set up the bank accounts in Europe for the SA bribe funds, and a scheme to ruin the re-election of 2 US senators who opposed US involvement in the Angolan war.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

HiroProtagonist posted:

lol what this was known literally weeks after the fact, what the gently caress

this aint a "the wheels of justice turn slowly" thing why the gently caress is this a problem now suddenly

Possibly because some anti-American non-Patriots lately are suggesting that the FBI took a gaggle of flabby chuds and manufactured a failed coup of the most powerful nation on earth,

But actually this guy did it and he's hitler.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

StashAugustine posted:

Supposedly he was fighting to keep that cover but was overruled

:sad:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Victor Vermis posted:

Possibly because some anti-American non-Patriots lately are suggesting that the FBI took a gaggle of flabby chuds and manufactured a failed coup of the most powerful nation on earth,

But actually this guy did it and he's hitler.

this has the feeling of an internal power struggle with one side using Jan 6 poo poo to score internal points. nothing will change, obviously, but it wouldn't surprise me if some bigger heads rolled, if for no other reason than it was a media disaster to have a bunch of dipshits wandering the capitol looking like the dog that caught the car. they're supposed to shut that poo poo down before a bunch of politicians poop themselves in the very heart of our political machine.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Marenghi posted:

Interesting they use his claim, because he was caught lying about his involvement with South Africa. He makes it seem like South Africa was helping Israel with their nuclear program but it was the other way round. He had a front company importing nuclear triggers from the US to Israel, which he then sold directly to one of SAs ministers. He was also implicated in as the mover and fixer for a SA scheme to fund pro-SA propaganda and interfere in US politics. He was implicated as having set up the bank accounts in Europe for the SA bribe funds, and a scheme to ruin the re-election of 2 US senators who opposed US involvement in the Angolan war.

Continually gobsmacked at the idea of apartheid era South Africa having at least six nukes :psyduck: just a completely backwards nation in every sense of the word

Apparently the Canberra was to be the delivery system? So basically just to menace other countries in southern Africa

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

AND YES the satirical episodes are some of the finest with Jose Chungs Doomsday Defense being the finest episode of self satirizing television ever produced now stop talking about it someone will hear

good ep yeah

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1660313462457929729?s=20

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
drat bill rookie move, you never let jeffrey epstein find out about the affair you had with a russian bridge player in 2010

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
That's why, in general, you have to be careful.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

lol yeah i am sure bill gates let epstein blackmail him over a consensual relationship with an adult

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Pf. Hikikomoriarty posted:

lol yeah i am sure bill gates let epstein blackmail him over a consensual relationship with an adult

“Now have sex with these kids or I’ll tell Melinda everything.”

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

ram dass in hell posted:

drat bill rookie move, you never let jeffrey epstein find out about the affair you had with a russian bridge player in 2010

finding out that stuff was his whole job of course but usually it's way nastier. you take what you can get, i guess. it speaks to desperation; juicy new blackmail material must have been thin on the ground for him at that point.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
that has to be a planted story right? gates probably had the affair but that epstein blackmailed him with that is just a lie to make it seem like they weren't friendly

gates obviously cares a lot about his public image and it must be getting to him

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

its not cheating if at least 1 person involved plays bridge, i dont make the rules

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
this news is sending shockwaves throughout the bridge community

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

blatman posted:

its not cheating if at least 1 person involved plays bridge, i dont make the rules

they had bid a grand slam, in hearts

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

if it works it works

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I totally believe it, of course that doesn’t exclude other blackmail material either.

Like it didn’t work did it?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

limited hangoutttttt

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

are bridge players hot?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ringo Roadagain posted:

are bridge players hot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dXDQ1LqukY

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

blatman posted:

tired: Jewish hole in a sheet
wired: tournament bridge hole in a partition

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
looking for Q clues in today's bridge column

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

truth is probably that epstein supplied her

how old was she?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I am Russian I play bridge between billionaire and pedophile da

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Hmm she certainly looks like Epstein's type.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

forgot how good that season was, drat. television peaked with the scene in the bowling alley

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/fordm/status/1660425039668297732?s=21&t=Isr0r6H5Ec_mkS9LX6pAxA

who’s ready for a dozen okc’s?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
were they diesel powered trains

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Probably just regular failed state stuff that makes somebody a tidy profit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted: