Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Barreft posted:

lol I'm investigating something under Gerudo for the last hour, ruins i guess i dunno. I finally just said 'why am I here?' and looked at my pinned quest and it's a Depths quest nowhere near where I am.

This game, ADHD and weed are a great combo.

Came here to post essentially this :hmmyes:

Well in agreement and having a great time with it! If you want to experience having ADHD I can endorse Tears of the Kingdom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I will always stop what I'm doing to help a dunce in need

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

CJacobs posted:

I will always stop what I'm doing to help a dunce in need

Addison is the best

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

His sign-making capabilities are arguably getting worse. I fear I’m just coddling the boy.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I just did the find the 5th sage quest and now I get to pilot a mech?! :getin:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Barreft posted:

Addison is the best

Dude my Addison Contraptions have gotten so goofy. I love the guy for it.

One time I built a bigger sign on top of his sign.

If anyone else has taken screenshots of theirs please post them, this is endlessly amusing.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 21, 2023

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Khanstant posted:

You ask him about the Big Monsters or whatever and he should give you a question to fight a Talos, Hinox, and something else, then you get more of those after, and then once you do all the bounties it'll tell you how many of each miniboss are left undefeated. You get 100 rupees or more for each bounty turned in, a diamond after doing all three each round. Also if you've already fought the specific ones they want, you get the money right away.

Maybe you got the quests early on and they're in your log? If you don't have them hell have the bubble with red exclamation mark or whatever for a new quest

Huh, he's never had any dialogue option about big monsters for me. Some prerequisite quest I haven't done, maybe?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So I was someone who didn't like BOTW. Hated the durability system so much I eventually stopped playing. I was pretty weary that I would like TOTK knowing that weapon durability isn't changed.

I'm currently a billion shrines into TOTK and have gone all over the map and I'm just now starting one of the four places quest (I went to Gerudo Town after jumping from the sky cube). I'm having a great time. There are still some things I'm not loving, the combat still isn't great, I personally am not a huge fan of the art direction they went for with these games (there's a part in the tutorial islands where it's blinding during the daytime), and I wish stamina was infinite while running if you're out of combat. The building mechanic is fun, though I'll never be able to create something elaborate, and the time reverse powers rules. However there's specifically two big things that are making me enjoy this one this time:

1) The fuse mechanic fuckin' rules. This is a gimmick you could frankly add to any game and I'd be super down. I always think fondly of Kirby 64 where you could combine two powers to make a new one, and a lot of the combos were just goofy and fun. I get that same kind of feeling from this game. There's so many fun weapon combinations, I love seeing what my stupid weapon is gonna look like and what it might do different. Also it feels like the fuse system makes it so weapons take WAY longer to break than the first game does. Some weapons I've been carrying around for a very long time before they finally start to break. And instead of switching over to another lovely caveman spear, I can switch over to my skeleton arm holding a chameleon blade, or a stick that has a ruby attached to it that shoots fireballs, or a big staff with a giant spikey ball on it. Or my shield that has a minecart that can be a skatenboard. Or my sword that has an ice orb on the end of it so enemies get frozen when it. That kind of poo poo rules, there's so many weapon possibilities. I can't stress enough how much work the fuse mechanics is doing fighting my dislike of the weapons breaking.

2) The other thing is that, most puzzles seem to involve the zonai devices, and hitting them DOESN'T HURT YOUR DURABILITY. I'm glad they got rid of the freeze time mechanic so I'm not wasting durability on like hitting a boulder or whatever the gently caress. I was doing one dungeon in the last game where I went through all my weapons trying to do some puzzle with a boulder and it made me so mad. There's NOTHING like that in this game. It rules.

Also I absolutely love cheesing shrines with the rewind mechanic. No i'm not gonna build an airplane or whatever, I'm just gonna bring this piece of wood over then bring it back then rewind.

Anyway, TOTK good, from someone who didn't like BOTW

edit: Ascend is also incredible as well for bypassing having to climb

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 21, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Barreft posted:

Addison is the best

:unsmith::hf::heysexy:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Supposedly the weather sets might with the full bonus? I don't see that actually listed when I look up those armor sets but it's been mentioned here so maybe??

Would be real annoying if they didn't and you were forced to rely on food/elixirs to fully utilize those sets.

EDIT: Are we talking the Rubber set or the Charged set? Because at the least the former should give full immunity with the set bonus, do you have each piece upgraded to 2?

I don't think I could do either set to number two since they both required relatively rare drops or shitloads of rare electric bugs. Funniest part is I was mostly going through all this for the sake of trying to do things the intended way, I already found the main stuff here earlier just cruising into a storm so bad couldn't even see, just kept gliding and scrambling around lol. The shock reduction reduces the damage quite a bit, I just thought full rubber suit meant lightning left you alone but I guess that's the upgrade bonus. I probably won't get it I've killed every electric lizalfos I've seen and only had enough for one upgrade. The butterflies I only just now discovered in the area I want protection in lol.

It's over now I think I just put off electric stuff so long and thought it was stronger than it was.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Bruceski posted:

That gets a non-zero number of people. What's needed is pretty apparent so they don't go push the button that has the game say "you need this".

Well, the reason why I didn't realize it is because I had gone there before I was supposed to and the device wasn't active yet.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I found the Lobster Shirt from Windwaker, now why the gently caress can't I upgrade it

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Triarii posted:

Huh, he's never had any dialogue option about big monsters for me. Some prerequisite quest I haven't done, maybe?

I didn't see him start giving me info about squads and big monsters until I'd already finished one phenomenon, but there might have been some other trigger I met but didn't notice because I was busy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

She's back in the Forgotten Temple in the room with the map and the murals. That said she mentions going back to Kakariko to research into things more and I couldn't find her again so I'd be interested in more info too.

Khanstant posted:

Have to progress main story quite a bit before she shows back up

Okay yeah I finally got time to check both locations and she ultimately settled upstairs in Paya's room. Though I'm right before endgame so I don't know what story trigger exactly makes her reappear there. I did talk to her at the Forgotten Temple but then she immediately went to Kakariko. also rip Cado's house

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Ah that would explain it. I still have only done the Gerudo & Rito questlines so far lmao.

In other news.

https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/13mquc6/totk_introducing_the_carok_a_car_made_of_koroks/

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

MiracleFlare posted:

I didn't see him start giving me info about squads and big monsters until I'd already finished one phenomenon, but there might have been some other trigger I met but didn't notice because I was busy

Just figured it out - I went south and helped Hoz clear a camp, and now he's got the big monsters option.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Caidin posted:

I found the Lobster Shirt from Windwaker, now why the gently caress can't I upgrade it

If you are defeated while wearing it, you were unworthy and the one in need of an upgrade.

*dies to another mounted bokoblin underground, zero dungeons cleared, I have no power*

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

CJacobs posted:

[/spoiler]

One time I built a bigger sign on top of his sign.

lmao

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it’s been observed that link is short but holy hylia link is so drat short. tiny man. tiny tiny man

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Man, how the gently caress do you beat the Seized Construct? My mech only has spiky balls on its arms so I can't really knock it into the electric fence, and I can't fight it outside of the mech because there's gloom all over the ground and it zaps all my hearts like that if I try :confused:

Is there gloom resistant armor I can buy anywhere?

e: Oh my bad, I totally forgot about guarding lmao

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 21, 2023

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

my greatest regret beating the game is that i forgot to equip my hudson cutout shield for all the end game cutscenes

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Macaluso posted:

2) The other thing is that, most puzzles seem to involve the zonai devices, and hitting them DOESN'T HURT YOUR DURABILITY.

I've beaten this game and I never realized this. :aaa:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

These cave drawings in the cutscene after you beat the Seized Construct? This looks pretty drat good for a Switch game!

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
New(?) dupe. Way easier than arrow dupe imo.

Get item you want to duplicate in your last slot (drop all then pick up)
The game only allows 21 items on ground at time, so that's max.

Shield jump
Pause
Hold an item you have only 1 of, then 4 of the last slot item.
Unpause then pause again fast
repeat 4 times to get 20 items on ground

https://i.imgur.com/aYkr03d.mp4

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh you just saved me some grief because I was lamenting needing to hunt for a bunch of a pain in the rear end butterflies that you can't arrow dupe. :v:

EDIT: Oh nevermind butterflies gently caress off if you drop them lmao. Time to just bother Beetle at every stable I guess!

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 21, 2023

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Carlosologist posted:

If I remember right, isn’t it the thunder helm that stops lightning damage and the rubber armor that stops shock?
thunder helm in this game and the last allows you to laugh at any and all electricity, as is your god given right for suffering through every prior encounter with electric keese

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Caidin posted:

Pro fashion tip for this, dye the sand pants orange to complete this look.

Also finished up the last shrine this morning and man, towards the end there, every Rauru's blessing was appreciated.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Oxxidation posted:

it’s been observed that link is short but holy hylia link is so drat short. tiny man. tiny tiny man

There’s an ongoing joke where a lot of the non-story NPCs don’t even realize Link is both the legendary hero from 100 years ago and also the Legendary Hero that saved the world like 5-ish years ago because he’s so short.
What a struggle huh.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Where is Purahs Jetpack? I found the diaries I thought but it's not at the location I thought it was hinting at being hidden

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Also, I think there’s at least one case of a person who recognizes Link because he is short.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

I'm not a 100% sure but I think the only person that isn't a child or a comically shrunken elder that Link has height is in fact, Zelda.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I mean he is REALLY short. He might not be 5 feet.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Is there a spot for guaranteed Red Boss Bokoblins? I need just the basic versions Horns but most of them in my usual spots are all Black/Silver by now.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Caidin posted:

I'm not a 100% sure but I think the only person that isn't a child or a comically shrunken elder that Link has height is in fact, Zelda.

Zelda's taller than him too.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I can confirm that nope the weather sets (Ember, Frostbite, Charged) don't give the relevant resistances with the upgraded set bonus.

Lame as hell Nintendo. I'm still wearing this for fashion purposes anyways but come on.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It was cute to talk to the lady at the northern stable about Zelda's golden horse and she basically describes Link, not the horse. Nintendo know what he is full well, I am certain every person that does or doesn't recognize you was an intentional decision. Feels very much like Hyrule at large knows he is a transient entity unstuck from time and will probably just vanish till the next crisis.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 21, 2023

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Link's a lot like Tony Hawk, where his Just Some Dude energy is off the loving charts. I feel like he doesn't really want the attention anyway.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

CJacobs posted:

It was cute to talk to the lady at the northern stable about Zelda's golden horse and she basically describes Link, not the horse. Nintendo know what he is full well, I am certain every person that does or doesn't recognize you was an intentional decision. Feels very much like Hyrule at large knows he is a transient entity unstuck from time and will probably just vanish till the next crisis.

It seems really odd that like no one in Hateno recognizes Link, and Link himself seems kind of confused by what's going on there (although considering Link seemed to be knocked out from the whole "getting a goat god arm graphed onto your body" thing for a while, that probably explains the second part)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Link's a survivor of both a hundred year long coma and a shorter one this time around, as well as being trapped in multiple endless "live, die, repeat" cycles. Some memory problems are bound to happen.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

CJacobs posted:

You'd think by now everyone would be scared of him showing up. "Crap it's link again stuff's about to go down."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Crawfish posted:

Pro fashion tip for this, dye the sand pants orange to complete this look.

Also finished up the last shrine this morning and man, towards the end there, every Rauru's blessing was appreciated.

I was gonna use the Frost pants but got annoyed when the only thing that gets dyed is the shoes...