Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Them adding like six new limited jobs instead of one regular one would kinda own actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Countblanc posted:

theyre going to add beastmaster as a new limited scouting job and piss everyone off

I would be happy.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Countblanc posted:

theyre going to add beastmaster as a new limited scouting job and piss everyone off

I would definitely rather get new limited jobs more than regular jobs.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

A gun job that doesn't have the ugly belt toolbox would make every Machinist main so mad

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah I've really never enjoyed the blue mage/collect abilities jobs in any RPG but I'd enjoy something weird that isn't that.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

God Hole posted:

The WoL encounters a disillusioned and recently unemployed Gleaner who gifts them their soul stone after it reacts to the WoL's ambiguously sized bag. the job is a mix of Gambler and Chemist as you pull random poo poo out of your bag to Use against the enemy in various combinations like Rikku. You periodically get salaries from Sharlayan the more you walk around on foot like in FF8. Scouting gear

A limited job where the gimmick is your abilities being tied to inventory items sounds like it'd be incredibly funny, actually.

Especially if some of the powerful abilities required rare fish.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
This game will never have a healer that heals through melee combat.

Every healer will always and forever be ranged.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

What if your melee has a 20y reach.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

have said it before but the necessary limited jobs are gambler (uses triple triad cards) and beastmaster (minions)

hmm they should let bards select an orchestrion roll to play for the party when they cast their songs

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

have said it before but the necessary limited jobs are gambler (uses triple triad cards) and beastmaster (minions)

hmm they should let bards select an orchestrion roll to play for the party when they cast their songs

La Hee, La Hee, and La Hee

is there an orchestrion roll of Soken's on-stage performance?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

La Hee, La Hee, and La Hee

is there an orchestrion roll of Soken's on-stage performance?

Not yet, but I'm hoping it'll come with 6.5 or 7.0...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wonder if Beastmaster will get that funny sheep outfit as Artifact Gear.

I wonder how it'd play, too.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Super No Vacancy posted:

Part of me hates this idea because the in-battle music is often great,
The other part of me would love to signal the 2-min burst phase with Rise.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

pa paya paya pa paya pa paya pa paya

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

making a melee healer is a good way to ensure they will be persona non grata in savage and maybe even extreme, where melee real estate is often at a premium for spread mechanics

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

That's OK. My dual shield healer would still work. They'd throw one shield for doing damage, and the other for healing.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

If we're going to take anything from X-2, it should be Psychic/Esper from the International version. WHM and SMN smack things with aetherial earth, ESP just hurls literal chunks of rock.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Qwertycoatl posted:

Wouldn't be the first

you mean

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Finally getting back into playing and doing story content. I'd been on an extended pause with actually doing much in this game since about right before 6.3. I still haven't touched the 6.3 MSQ because I wanted to finish up the rolequests/capstone before going back to Garlemald.

With 3 done now, I definitely am forming opinions. Last time I had mentioned role quests, it was very interesting seeing how contentious people's ranking of them was.

I look at my current ranking of them and could not imagine any other way to rank them. Will be very excited to re-approach the topic when I've caught up completely.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

hexwren posted:

you mean

Weirdly enough they took that as part of their inspiration for Gunbreaker.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Bloody Pom posted:

If we're going to take anything from X-2, it should be Psychic/Esper from the International version. WHM and SMN smack things with aetherial earth, ESP just hurls literal chunks of rock.

I was surprised Psychic wasn't in Endwalker. It feels like something that would come from Sharlayan. Hopefully we get better AF Gear than schoolgirl outfits, though. Or whatever Psychic was supposed to be.

Another odd thing is that Kefka in Dissidia shared his victory pose with Rikku's Psychic outfit.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Japanese school outfits is what they were going for yeah, with Paine's actually being based on a schoolboy's uniform :iia:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I'm going to laugh if we sail over to the New World and find out that due to the Ascians making GBS threads all over the main continent cluster this whole time, they have an unbroken civilization over there and have flying cars.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Hogama posted:

Weirdly enough they took that as part of their inspiration for Gunbreaker.

in the isekai manga Lost Stranger that world's version of Cid is a catboy who just full on has the Soil bullet summoning system

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Turns out the native Mamool Ja are just as integrated with humanoid New World society as the tribal races in Thavnair, Othard and the First are, making Eorzea's relationship with them uniquely terrible due to Ascian fuckery.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 22, 2023

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

making mamool ja a core part of a western lands expansion would be really funny for an enemy model that started life being dragged out from ffxi to fill space in arr.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Well it can't all be light-skinned Hyurs dressed as Native American stereotypes

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

wanna bet

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm not taking that bet

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The hub city will just be like

New York

And the people will be like the New Donkers from Mario Odyssey

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Nahuatl speaking Xaela.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Fivemarks posted:

Nahuatl speaking Xaela.

The Haragin Tribe posted:

The legends of this coastal tribe tell of a group of their ancestors who crafted a giant ship and sailed out across the endless eastern ocean. The explorers are said to have returned with tales of a terrible island covered in massive grey monoliths and inhabited by fire-breathing steel demons.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

New Honkers

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

There is plenty of wild poo poo out there still, and I'm real curious how things turn out.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

And once we run out of places to explore on the Source, there's a whole five? six? other shards for us to murderhobo across, as well as potentially more forays into the World Unsundered.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

*banging fork and knife on table* LIZ! ARD! ES! THAR! LIZARD! ES! THAR!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I want the Mamool Ja expansion.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

hexwren posted:

you mean

In Japanese, the Gunbreaker's cartridges are straight up called Soils. It's probably the only FFU reference we're ever getting in this game.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I want the Mamool Ja expansion.

Please! Give them the treatment the other tribes got, but make them front and center of the new world. Currently they're either jerks in ARR fates or murdering defenseless tonberries in a dungeon. Well and trying to keep Martyn out of trouble, but a lot of folks still haven't picked up BLU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I forget if this comes up in-game or not, but the Encyclopedia stuff about the New World mentions the Mamool Ja having a vast kingdom that was the primary point of contact for Eorzean explorers, so presumably they're at least a major player in the region. Unclear if they're integrated with the local humans, but the fact that they show up for BLU when that's a New World human art implies they are, at least to some degree.