Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Looks to me like only the Series S has access to the latest cheek and chin shaders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Why does a fighting game need a resolution mode?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I guess it’s a nice treat for the people who didn’t buy the poo poo cheapo console

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Because people get mad nowadays if your game doesn’t have graphic options

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Given how inferior most resolution modes are in games idg why half of them even have the option. Every now and then one will look noticeably nicer in resolution mode, which is cool to look at for 30 seconds until I turn it back to 60fps. More often than not I can't even tell the difference, but hoo boy I can see that loss of 30fps.

Blankspot
Aug 23, 2007
Would you kindly...

The wife and I take advantage of Xboxs "home system" to double dip on game pass subscription and purchased games on two systems at once.
Does anyone have experience doing this with fancy editions of games? Specifically scenarios like Diablo 4 where you can get access 4 days early. Is it a case like battle passes and cosmetics where it flags it only for the buying account?
If we both can play early with one copy might be tempted.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
smooth ryu at a chunky 45 fps

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

veni veni veni posted:

Given how inferior most resolution modes are in games idg why half of them even have the option. Every now and then one will look noticeably nicer in resolution mode, which is cool to look at for 30 seconds until I turn it back to 60fps. More often than not I can't even tell the difference, but hoo boy I can see that loss of 30fps.

Because the last generation was decided by PS4 making high resolution games that ran at 30 fps (at best) so that screenshots could look good, so it's effectively photo mode everyone has to have or people will pixel peek in comment threads or whatever.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Lol at people being mad at the Series S because of "my graphics :qq:"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Everyone was warned that there would likely be a significant graphic fidelity hit later down the road on the Series S, only buy that console if that doesn't bother you.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Who’s mad

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Me

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Series poo poo

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I said come in! posted:

Everyone was warned that there would likely be a significant graphic fidelity hit later down the road on the Series S, only buy that console if that doesn't bother you.
Didn’t that happen instantly on the console’s release?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I’m not sure dude, I don’t usually pay attention to such boring things.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

30 fails per second

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I still blame the S for Gotham Knights

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I still blame the S for Gotham Knights

Wasn't that game bad in the X as well?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

syntaxfunction posted:

Wasn't that game bad in the X as well?

It was bad on everything

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
That... Doesn't sound like a series S problem then? Just sounds like bad development :shrug:

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

I got an Xbox what are the good games

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gotham Knights is the new game, and it sucks regardless of platform its on. I've finished it on PC. The art direction is really dull, and its a very system demanding game.

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

And this thread is too.old

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FootballFreak2 posted:

Panzer Dragoon Orta

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I presume this is speculating on things that the Xbox "could" do if it had any games to speak of?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

FootballFreak2 posted:

tears of the kingdom on the Nintendo switch

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

FootballFreak2 posted:

halo: combat evolved

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

I'm looking for games for thr Xbox series X, not fore the huge Xbox or other systems

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Try mushroom quest or reactor X

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Soul Glo posted:

tears of the kingdom on the Nintendo switch

:haibrow:

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

FootballFreak2 posted:

Return xbox immediately and purchase 17 years of gamepass on xcloud or whatever for the same price, lotsa games on there

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

FootballFreak2 posted:

Vampire survivors

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

FootballFreak2 posted:

Sea of Thieves
No Man's Sky

e:
I also really enjoyed Destiny 2, Maneater, GTA 5, Overcooked 1 & 2 and Goose Game.

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 12:38 on May 21, 2023

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Happy 10th anniversary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nULp0pGKCS8

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Blankspot posted:

The wife and I take advantage of Xboxs "home system" to double dip on game pass subscription and purchased games on two systems at once.
Does anyone have experience doing this with fancy editions of games? Specifically scenarios like Diablo 4 where you can get access 4 days early. Is it a case like battle passes and cosmetics where it flags it only for the buying account?
If we both can play early with one copy might be tempted.

It's a good question about the early access. I know the bulk of the extras in the fancier editions of Diablo 4 are account bound (as in battle.net account bound) because they are cross-platform. In fact, the official recommendation for people want to play the game on multiple platforms is to pick one platform to get the fancier edition on and then just get the standard edition on the other platforms, because the bonuses you get will be on your battle.net account and you won't gain anything from a battle pass double dip or whatever. I just have no idea how the early access will be implemented. My guess is that it probably will work but I'm not 100% sure on this. You'll definitely want to make sure whichever of you two gets the actual bonuses logs in first, though, so plan accordingly.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Is Diablo IV cross platform between PC/Xbox/PS? If so and the bonuses being tied to Battle.Net will make me double dip for sure.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Call of duty Call of duty Call of duty Call of duty Call of duty Call of duty Call of duty Call of duty Call of duty dog

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

none of the TV stuff worked outside of the US (also in the US?)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The call of duty dog ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

FootballFreak2 posted:

I'm looking for games for thr Xbox series X, not fore the huge Xbox or other systems

If you get Game Pass you should try out Forza Horizon 5, Psychonauts 2, Hi-Fi Rush, Ori, Pentiment, Plague Tale, Hellblade, Outer Worlds, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves.