Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Lid posted:

My takeaway of this is Dave grossly underrated Okada v Shibata

Being fair, he was rating the match at the point where doctors were taking Shibata's brain out and putting it back in again, so a shadow was hanging over the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Shrimpy posted:

WWE is going to miss out on more than a billion dollars because Gordon Ramsay is bringing back Kitchen Nightmares.

Just combine the two for maximum content efficiency:

"Oh my god and you call that a tope? Seriously? gently caress me he just flopped over the top like a dying fish, I literally cannot believe this."

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Just combine the two for maximum content efficiency:

"Oh my god and you call that a tope? Seriously? gently caress me he just flopped over the top like a dying fish, I literally cannot believe this."

Gordon Ramsay's NXT

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/AdamYeary15/status/1659979375448653828

Please tell me how this finish made it to air.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It's Main Event, I don't think it really counts as "air"

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

Being fair, he was rating the match at the point where doctors were taking Shibata's brain out and putting it back in again, so a shadow was hanging over the whole thing.

Should have gone back and given it a couple extra stars after Shibata came out at the G1 to tell us he was still alive :colbert:

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

it is high time we institute instant replay for refs in pro wrestling!!

As usual, the phrase "DDT already did this" applies here as well.

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1014109618778398721

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Oh my God the free kick lmao

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Correcting the best cody shirt...

E:

E2: actual best cody shirt
https://www.subliworks.com/cody-rho...IhoCzWgQAvD_BwE

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 14:18 on May 21, 2023

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Hoss Corncave posted:

As usual, the phrase "DDT already did this" applies here as well.

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1014109618778398721

incredible

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

big dog goat

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

That DICK! posted:

big dog goat

No WWE logo tho

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That DICK! posted:

big dog goat

Had to check to make sure this one was real

https://shop.wwe.com/en/mens-black-roman-reigns-lifes-not-fair-t-shirt/p-353377891511098650+z-96-1636338039?_ref=p-TLP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0 :rubby:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope he starts doing yes chants

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

That DICK! posted:

big dog goat

yea, he had it on smackdown and i was so confused why it's a shirt and what it even was.

Took me a while that it's a GOAT head

Which, just lol and I guess hail satan!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Hail Satan

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Drakkel posted:

Honestly even men's tag wrestling is still recovering from decades of WWE/WCW booking so Women's Tag Wrestling is starting even further back than that
I think that's part of a large number of problems stemming from the Attitude era where the entire 2-hour (now 3-hour) show was booked to be all about the main event angle of the moment and so the idea of being able to fill up a card with multiple matches that people might care about was kind of sidelined. The tag division suffered for it but, man, did that era of booking ever kill the formerly actually important Intercontinental championship.

EDIT: I distinctly remember times when the commentary team would be talking about 'What will (MAIN EVENTER) do tonight when he confronts (ADVERSARY)' in the middle of someone else's match. Two guys out there trying their best to put on a show and the announce team completely ignores them to talk about what is coming up in an hour and a half.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

with the WWE/UFC thing have Roman go to UFC and win a worked championship fight lmao

then put him in the Superbowl

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Faithless fool..

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kvlt! posted:

with the WWE/UFC thing have Roman go to UFC and win a worked championship fight lmao

Give the ufc heavyweight title to brock and have roman squash him at the next ppv

Brock and roman were both cut from the minnesota vikings, sign them in a worked draft and then cut brock again

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

That DICK! posted:

big dog goat

Lahf… is not fair

Lahf SUCKS

And then you die

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

That DICK! posted:

big dog goat

mantaur is back and he’s jacked and angry

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Digital Jedi posted:

Took me a while that it's a GOAT head

:downs: I was just sitting here thinking, "Why the gently caress does that dog have horns?"

You know, because he's the Big Dog...

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

RoMAN? No, RoDOG

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

youre roman now, dog

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Kvlt! posted:

Didn't Taker confront Brock after a UFC fight?

I'd like to think that's when Taker offered him the fight at Mania that broke the streak

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Island Nation posted:

Didn't Taker confront Brock after a UFC fight?

I'd like to think that's when Taker offered him the fight at Mania that broke the streak

UFC 121 https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2891651-the-undertaker-explains-brock-lesnar-confrontation-at-ufc-121

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t get it, and still what?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Invalid Validation posted:

Your winner AND STILL undisputed wwe universal champion, roman reigns"

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

When you succesfully defend a title in like boxing or mma (maybe they do it wwe but i don't distinctly recall it), when they read out the winner it starts with "And still X champion person name"

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

So life’s not fair and still satan? Reads like poo poo, par for the course though.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Pillowpants posted:

So what is the future?

Streaming going the way of youtube and adding commercials every couple minutes that may be a 30 second pitch or a 30 minute 'documentary' disguised as adspace.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I got an 8 hour 'ad' once that was just a full day's footage of some golf tournament. YouTube has gotten awful lately

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

mooseinfants posted:

I got an 8 hour 'ad' once that was just a full day's footage of some golf tournament. YouTube has gotten awful lately

thats better than a normal ad tbh

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

I assume hittin' them corners in those low-lows, girl

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The fact that Youtube just lets people upload multi-hour long videos as "ads" is kind of insane but also completely unsurprising of Youtube at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

That DICK! posted:

big dog goat

I would absolutely love to hear an interview with the people involved Roman Reigns' shirts. From the designers, to the printers, to the intern who has to list them on the shop. Just an explanation of all the things that had to happen to get something like this into someone's hands.