Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
So...Deku Tree Gloom Hands.

How???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I can’t believe I found a little tunnel in the beginning town that took me an an hour long journey with a miniboss

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Dude my Addison Contraptions have gotten so goofy. I love the guy for it.

If anyone else has taken screenshots of theirs please post them, this is endlessly amusing.

I am also amused by the way your makeshift braces get unceremoniously dumped like 10 meters away, though I didn't grab as many random pictures of those.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Wow the bow and shield tutorial shrines ar really badly placed. I don't know how you'd seriously expect them to be close to anyone's first shrines found.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Baller Ina posted:

So...Deku Tree Gloom Hands.

How???

There are a few mushroom platforms along the sides of the pit, once you trigger the hands Ascend to a platform and throw bombs at them from above

I mean, that’s what I did anyway

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Pirate Radar posted:

There are a few mushroom platforms along the sides of the pit, once you trigger the hands Ascend to a platform and throw bombs at them from above

I mean, that’s what I did anyway

Do you have to get them all at once or something? I kept lobbing tons of bomb and flame arrows at them (from ground level) and killed a lot of them but new ones kept sprouting up at full health so I figured I must not be ready for it at this stage in the game and left.
Will try it again this way I guess.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
So, I beat the game. Re: the ending:

Apparently there's an epilogue that I didn't get? I'm not sure why not. I got all the sages, I did all the dungeons, I did all the Dragon's geoglyphs, I explored the Depths, and I got the Master Sword. Is there something I missed for the epilogue?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
same as you, I have no clue

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Main quest completion by the end of the game for me was 21/23, with "Find Zelda" and "Kill Ganondorf" being the last two, what does yours look like?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Item Getter posted:

Do you have to get them all at once or something? I kept lobbing tons of bomb and flame arrows at them (from ground level) and killed a lot of them but new ones kept sprouting up at full health so I figured I must not be ready for it at this stage in the game and left.
Will try it again this way I guess.

It doesn't have to be exactly all at once, but "close ish"-- every one you kill takes a bit to respawn, and they all need to be dead to be "done". Bombs work well because it sets them on fire to boot so you can focus down higher-health ones while lower-health ones burn to death

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Main quest completion by the end of the game for me was 21/23, with "Find Zelda" and "Kill Ganondorf" being the last two, what does yours look like?

20/23, apparently.

Is it because I didn't clean out the Korok Forest?

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
While I was testing the simpler dupe I was still in Kakariko and finally saw Cottla walking by, and she called me a stranger and didn't wanna talk to me at first? What the gently caress Nintendo, I befriended her and her whole family last game, I didn't even snitch on her ex-Yiga father :mad:

Then again if I saw a family friend and legendary hero repeatedly dropping monster guts and a single whole raw chicken on the floor and then eating poo poo because he tried to shield surf with a clunky mirror shield, I'd pretend I didn't know him either

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Diephoon posted:

New(?) dupe. Way easier than arrow dupe imo.

Get item you want to duplicate in your last slot (drop all then pick up)
The game only allows 21 items on ground at time, so that's max.

Shield jump
Pause
Hold an item you have only 1 of, then 4 of the last slot item.
Unpause then pause again fast
repeat 4 times to get 20 items on ground

https://i.imgur.com/aYkr03d.mp4

It's easier than that
the first item you hold just has to (A) have quantity 1, and (B) be earlier in the item list sort than the others. Golden apples are the first item in one of the sort orders, so eat all but 1 of them, then clone any other items ez without having to manipulate them to the back

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 08:04 on May 21, 2023

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So I've done 65 shrines and every time I add a heart container it's still on that first line. It's comical to me at this point. Every time I think it's going to get to the second line, nope! Still on the first line!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I liked the water temple but the low gravity poo poo drove me nuts and felt like crap. Also the boss ehhh. Neat looking but the second phase was just tedious even though I am pretty sure I was doing the most efficient thing possible by spraying a hydrant every where he was super easy but it still took like what felt like 20 minutes.

Really hoping the remaining 3 dungeons are a little more dungeony cause that kind of just mostly felt like a random sky island tbh.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, I've done 91 shrines, 3 Temples and another quest that rewarded a heart.

I still have 1 more heart to go before I complete my top row. Which I know because when I ate something that gave me 2 temp hearts I finally saw the second on the second line lmao.

veni veni veni posted:

I liked the water temple but the low gravity poo poo drove me nuts and felt like crap. Also the boss ehhh. Neat looking but the second phase was just tedious even though I am pretty sure I was doing the most efficient thing possible by spraying a hydrant every where he was super easy but it still took like what felt like 20 minutes.

Most efficient way to clean the goop is shooting arrows with opals on them. Huge AoE water blasts that can cover about 30% of the arena. Really easy to get caught in though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Zelda: I need a dry, humidity-controlled room to do research in!

*puts it in a well*

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Zore posted:

Most efficient way to clean the goop is shooting arrows with opals on them. Huge AoE water blasts that can cover about 30% of the arena. Really easy to get caught in though.

ran out of arrows shortly into phase 2. Feel like I run out of arrows so much in this game even though I smash every box, buy every arrow and dont really spam them that much.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
I jumped into a well and met a well enthusiast conducting a well review.

She then paid me to tell her about interesting wells.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Inadequately posted:

I jumped into a well and met a well enthusiast conducting a well review.

She then paid me to tell her about interesting wells.

That interaction made me lol when I told her about the well she was already in and she said "I already know about this one because I'm it right now, but a deal is a deal" and paid me.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Found a shrine that spawns rockets so you can strap a whole bunch to your shields then go on about your day

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Tunicate posted:

It's easier than that
the first item you hold just has to (A) have quantity 1, and (B) be earlier in the item list sort than the others. Golden apples are the first item in one of the sort orders, so eat all but 1 of them, then clone any other items ez without having to manipulate them to the back
if the item isnt in the last slot, the game eats another one.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Now that I have a full suit of zonaite armor and a maxed out battery I've been splurging on the 3-fan bike. Sure it's 3 more zonaite and it's not as efficient as the 2-fan but it's faster and much more maneuverable.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I was crapping out much worse vehicles for 27-35 zonaite early and mistake and never once came anywhere under 100. Never save nothing in this game spend it all

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just got some forest dweller weapons for the first time, which can infinitely use any “bursting” items you put on them. Is this only the elemental fruits? Wonder what the best use for them is.
EDIT: Oh poo poo that probably includes Muddle buds. Definitely making myself a mind control spear

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Fangs and claws are a bit harder, but yeah horns and scales are fully free, just shoot an arrow at your feet

you can usually even get the arrow itself back

Wait, fangs? I didn’t know those were a thing.

Also speaking of dragon parts I just had one land directly into a tar pit(which was apparently bottomless because it instantly disappeared)

RatHat fucked around with this message at 09:11 on May 21, 2023

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A roomba with a construct head with 5 beam emitters is shockingly lethal for how silly it looks, and only at the cost of a bit more than two of the fan segways.

Does every part of an autobuild just cost 3 zoanite except the batteries?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Where are the roombas people keep mentioning?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kazy posted:

Where are the roombas people keep mentioning?

It’s a later zonai device

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Epic High Five posted:

A roomba with a construct head with 5 beam emitters is shockingly lethal for how silly it looks, and only at the cost of a bit more than two of the fan segways.

Does every part of an autobuild just cost 3 zoanite except the batteries?

A roomba or two with a hydrant on top will absolutely bully the Water Temple boss. Just chases it down with zero fucks to give spraying water.

And the game will not clear them if you set them up before triggering the fight.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I can’t believe I found a little tunnel in the beginning town that took me an an hour long journey with a miniboss

Where was this at?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
If you drop bananas near a disguised Yiga they'll mumble about exercising self-control while on duty :>

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Question about unique weapons - is there a way to get another one if you break it? I hate that the only real use for them is to put to them on display in your house.

I kinda think there is because I've found the Biggoron sword and have found somewhere I can get another one, but then I have another unique weapon that doesn't show up there as well.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Funky Valentine posted:

Zelda: I need a dry, humidity-controlled room to do research in!

*puts it in a well*

And keeps one of Link's old hair ties down there too.

:swoon:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Frankston posted:

Question about unique weapons - is there a way to get another one if you break it? I hate that the only real use for them is to put to them on display in your house.

I kinda think there is because I've found the Biggoron sword and have found somewhere I can get another one, but then I have another unique weapon that doesn't show up there as well.

You can rebuy them from the big Poe statue in the depths

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

RatHat posted:

You can rebuy them from the big Poe statue in the depths

That's the place I was referring to, but whilst I can buy another Biggoron sword, another unique weapon I have doesn't show up in that list.

Is there more than one of those bargainer statues? It says "seek my brethren" so I'm assuming there is.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Frankston posted:

That's the place I was referring to, but whilst I can buy another Biggoron sword, another unique weapon I have doesn't show up in that list.

Is there more than one of those bargainer statues? It says "seek my brethren" so I'm assuming there is.

yes, maybe half a dozen or so? Big, small statues

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Exploring in this game is so great. Yesterday I was at 2/4 temples and soon I’ll be at 3/5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Anyone know real quick if construct horns count as zonai devices?