Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So, from memory, the origin story of Super Injunctions are (as with most problems such as Brexit) a failure of Britain to have a written Constitution.

Basically when the UK passed laws relating to the European Charter of Human rights they took on board a right to Privacy.
However, due to a lack of a written Constitution and courts having to fully deal with this issue, this was something that hadn't really been assessed to the same standards as it had in other countries.

Supposedly, this lead to Queens Council in a high profile divorce case making the argument that reporting that X and Y figures were divorcing would expose the children to bullying and violate their right to privacy. And as such, some High Court judge inadvertently created a Frankenstiens Monster of legal proportions. (Not the first time this has happened. See a Norrich Pharmaceutical Order.)

You can read more about it here.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/super-injunction-legal-what-is-how-high-court-privacy-businessman-a8599096.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/what-is-a-super-injunction-ryan-giggs-2010-5

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super-injunctions_in_English_law

Fun fact there also exist a Hyper Injunction (or a SSJ 2 Injunction) where you can't discuss the Injunction with lawyers or even MP's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
the most advanced nonce protection laws under the sun

that's brii'ish heritage that. traditions.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/jpxan71/status/1659580726478553090?s=20

The many advantages of brexit which spring easily to mind.

(I thought New Zealand lamb has always been available but I don't buy hunks of raw meat so not sure about that.)

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Did you handcraft those responses or are they real from chatgpt? I only tried it once a few weeks ago. When I can be bothered, I shall play around some more.
I thought I might use it to write one of those appalling chicklit novels - ed: deleted my ideas in case anyone nicks them or incase I do write it and I become Jaeluni KR & then track me down to SA and my popular opinions on matters of the day.

Entirely from the prompt I put in at the top.

It's a very useful tool. I mostly use it at work for writing quick python scripts, batch files or excel formulas and for giving me lists of ideas for naming stuff. I'd love to use it to summarise long emails and documents but I'm leery about pasting in lots of private company data into someone elses cloud.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
It has and they've run ad campaigns periodically over the last 30 years promoting it

NatCs wrong about everything, as always

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah New Zealand lamb has been around forever, that’s not a post-Brexit thing although maybe they’ve been louder about putting it on the packaging?

Edit: wasn’t there some cricket or rugby guy as the face of a big ad campaign about it in the 90s/00s?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I thought the idea was that we'd get lamb from China at a quarter of the price, but he can't tell us anything about the price, only that there's a different flag on it.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Mebh posted:

Entirely from the prompt I put in at the top.

It's a very useful tool. I mostly use it at work for writing quick python scripts, batch files or excel formulas and for giving me lists of ideas for naming stuff. I'd love to use it to summarise long emails and documents but I'm leery about pasting in lots of private company data into someone elses cloud.

I can think of some work related stuff I could use it for having seen your items there.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah New Zealand lamb has been around forever, that’s not a post-Brexit thing although maybe they’ve been louder about putting it on the packaging?

Edit: wasn’t there some cricket or rugby guy as the face of a big ad campaign about it in the 90s/00s?

That was Allan Lamb and Ian Botham (as cartoon characters 'Lamby' and 'Beefy') promoting English meat. Pretty sure that was the early 2000s.

And yes, NZ lamb has always been readily available in every supermarket I've ever been in. Well worth barricading ourselves off from our nearest and single largest trading partner, permanently hobbling our economy, destabilising our political system, shredding our international relations, courting fascism and making ourselves a laughing stock to get the same products we could always get but with a larger print of a different country's flag on it.

It's amazing how Brexiters - repeatedly - come up with the most trivial stuff when asked for potential benefits. They've had years to come up with something significant and they seemingly can't even be bothered to lie, which is odd because they were happy to lie about all sorts of things the EU was responsible for when we were in it. I suppose now they're aware on some level that they carry the can for fixing anything they blame on the EU and tout as a benefit of leaving.

This guy has the NZ flags on his supermarket meat. JRM had the metric signs in the Dartford Tunnel. I saw someone online this week saying that we are now free to repeal 'barmy' rules like having to warn people that nuts contain nuts (which isn't even true on multiple levels). Blue passports (something we could have had at any time). Crowns on pint glasses (ditto). Just such stupid, superficial stuff to focus on now we're free of the jackboot of the EU(SSR).

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Andy Pandy posted:

I've been following this topic for a few years. If anyone isn't aware of what's currently going on in the US regarding UFO/UAP stuff, it's deeply fascinating regardless of what conclusions you might draw from it.

Cheers. I only asked because I don't really follow this stuff but people were talking like this was quite significant.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

This is horrendous - am sure the NatC party will be bringing it here any day soon.

(Trans law Florida)

https://twitter.com/DrNightBloom/status/1660060127158841346?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

BalloonFish posted:

It's amazing how Brexiters - repeatedly - come up with the most trivial stuff when asked for potential benefits. They've had years to come up with something significant and they seemingly can't even be bothered to lie, which is odd because they were happy to lie about all sorts of things the EU was responsible for when we were in it. I suppose now they're aware on some level that they carry the can for fixing anything they blame on the EU and tout as a benefit of leaving.

This guy has the NZ flags on his supermarket meat. JRM had the metric signs in the Dartford Tunnel. I saw someone online this week saying that we are now free to repeal 'barmy' rules like having to warn people that nuts contain nuts (which isn't even true on multiple levels). Blue passports (something we could have had at any time). Crowns on pint glasses (ditto). Just such stupid, superficial stuff to focus on now we're free of the jackboot of the EU(SSR).
The one legit criticism that came up was how corrupt and protectionist things like the Common Agricultural Policy were.

But that put Gove and Johnson in a bind, where to one group of people they'd have to be free trade Whigs promising a classical liberal "we will be Global Britain, you'll get your food at under half the price from Asia and Latin America, and if you're worried about the animal welfare or food standards, it's your consumer choice where you buy from!" while at the same time pretending to the farmers and fishing villages like they were going to bring the Corn Laws back and everyone would get more money.

Instead we appear to have gotten neither. The lamb's gone up 30%, but at least there's a bigger flag of a country the opposite side of the world on it! :confuoot:

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

This is horrendous - am sure the NatC party will be bringing it here any day soon.

(Trans law Florida)

https://twitter.com/DrNightBloom/status/1660060127158841346?s=20

Well that's the logical conclusion of the bathroom war (using their logic, anyway). It can only end in genital inspection, there is no other way to reconcile it. Florida have just reached that logical conclusion first.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
DeSantis doesn't leave the state on vacation, he just goes to Tampa with the kids.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I can think of some work related stuff I could use it for having seen your items there.
Sorry thread for non politics side derail:

Yeah it's pretty good also at designing consistent naming conventions, A consultant doctor friend of mine is using it to find evidence for various medical trials and compile it quickly or to even design said medical trials.

My physio used it recently to write a layman's explanation for how shockwave therapy works and this week I used it to design a custom diet and workout regime for myself alongside my med taking hours, and planning in snacks to minimise med crashes and avoiding certain muscle groups due to injury. Took it to my PT friend (and bought him dinner) to sanity check that it and he basically said "uh...I can't actually do better than that". It did take me a good couple hours to build it though and fact check it all.

It's scary because companies are already throwing employees under the bus to try to replace them (see BT and BuzzFeed) with AI. But to me it's another skill like knowing how to Google and research things.

I'm just wondering if it could be used for collective action or organisation...before capital gets ahold of it fully.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Counting down to a cis terf being judged to have masculine features by the new toilet guards who demand to see her genitals. That's another thing, the logistics of it. They're gonna need to hire people to stand by toilets and do this poo poo. Must be that job creation I hear about.

A lot of places will probably just close their toilets. Illegal in itself, but eh, just put an out of order sign over it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's definitely going to be horrific for any women who have short hair and mastectomies because of idk being breast cancer survivors.

I suppose in a Marxist sense you could say it accelerates the contradictions of the "we can always tell" crew in the same way that Brexit Globule Britan accelerated the hollow nonsense of the free traders, but that's still going to suck poo poo for the people who invariably get caught up in it, and if the people pushing this bullshit were capable of learning from reality they would not be pushing it.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Counting down to a cis terf being judged to have masculine features by the new toilet guards who demand to see her genitals. That's another thing, the logistics of it. They're gonna need to hire people to stand by toilets and do this poo poo. Must be that job creation I hear about.

A lot of places will probably just close their toilets. Illegal in itself, but eh, just put an out of order sign over it.

But they can always tell..... (/S for the avoidance of doubt!)

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

The benefits of brexits is everywhere, I remember hearing Tony Hancock on the BBC opining on the wonders of new zealand butter... Just last week it was I'm sure...

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

fuctifino posted:

Yes, there will be homophobic cunts who'll try to weaponise this to their own means, but gently caress those people... well, not literally, obviously.

he's helped them enormously by "coming out" in a way similar to spacey except he's done it before the news came out

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Inflation is gonna mean you have to pay £2 to enter the toilets to have your genitals sussed out too.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Diet Crack posted:

Inflation is gonna mean you have to pay £2 to enter the toilets to have your genitals sussed out too.
It's going to end up doubling-back and increasing the rate of inflation even further as well. Cory Doctorow did an excellent piece on economic microagresdions like this, you can probably find it if you google "transgender inflation."

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Attorneys Genital

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I think Labour HQ has hired the Scarfolk media team

https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/1660293272827228160

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
And what does labour think of privatized water companies paying out £15bn in dividends to shareholders??

"It's good actually"

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

so do you need a qualification in genital inspection or just an online course? will i be able to put the certificate in my skills wallet? tuition fees i imagine?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

You have to have seen at least one type of genital to apply for the job

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Need to have spent five thousand hours on twitter dot com screaming about what you imagine the genitals of other people to look like.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Jel Shaker posted:

so do you need a qualification in genital inspection or just an online course? will i be able to put the certificate in my skills wallet? tuition fees i imagine?

If it's one thingv the internet excels at, it's online courses in genital inspection.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
What about people with weird genitals? Asking for a friend.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Marmaduke! posted:

Congrats, your friend is probably now outlawed from Florida.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Marmaduke! posted:

I can post my own questions, thanks

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Broke: skull calipers
Woke: genital calipers

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Is there a good thread wherein goons share novel uses for ChatGPT? I don't mean hundreds of posts of "lol I made it write a Harry Potter fanfic" but genuinely interesting and different kinds of stuff

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Bespoke: the whiteness of binary gender norms means that the Florida law will do both

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Marmaduke! posted:

In a previous life about 30 years ago, we had to remove a considerable amount of stuff from a vacated hospital including the GUM unit. There were thousands of explicit photos of genitalia (for medical purposes) attached to medical records from the 70s & earlier with names & addresses of people still living in the area. (The photos and notes from the unit were pulped and I had to witness & sign off the destruction).
Anyway let's just say genitalia come in very many shapes and forms and it really isn't clear in some cases what sex the people are just from the photos and without reading their medical notes.
So I guess in Florida you wouldn't be allowed to pee in a public bog if the inspector couldn't tell.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Guavanaut posted:

Bespoke: the whiteness of binary gender norms means that the Florida law will do both

This is absolutely going to be part of it, Black women get extra scrutiny on how they're doing gender even when they're cis. Now every white person just needs to find some part of their appearance they can call manly to pretend they have a non-racist reason why this Black person is making them uncomfortable, and subject them to humiliation by the police. If they care to pretend. It's an abhorrent law on multiple levels.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Or be like places in Brighton where the toilets are for everybody. Or labeled "cubicles/cubicles and urinals".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

With the risk of being locked up, there must be trans refugees leaving Florida now right? Refugees in fact even if not in law.