Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
I can tell that I'm going through the exact same cycle of emotions/attitude as I did with BOTW.

Week 1: oh my god this is the greatest game ever made. I have never felt like this before. Oh my god.

Week 2: time to binge all the shrines! And fill out the entire map!

Week 3 (currently here): ehh let's take a break from the shrines and exploring, I'm flagging a bit, better mainline the main quests.

Week 4: two bosses defeated, gave up halfway through doing the third, never touched the game again. Fondly remembered though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Frankston posted:

That's the place I was referring to, but whilst I can buy another Biggoron sword, another unique weapon I have doesn't show up in that list.

Is there more than one of those bargainer statues? It says "seek my brethren" so I'm assuming there is.

If you have one already I don't think it shows up on the list? Every other unique weapon either spawns in the world and thus will respawn like the dusk bow or is available from another source like the goddess sword from the big goddess statue. I think all of them are still amiibo-able as well

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Black Griffon posted:

Anyone know real quick if construct horns count as zonai devices?

Yeah Zonaite weapons get a minor boost to attack if you fuse anything Zonai-related to them. Construct horns, deployable devices, Flux Construct Cores etc.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

I liked the water temple but the low gravity poo poo drove me nuts and felt like crap. Also the boss ehhh. Neat looking but the second phase was just tedious even though I am pretty sure I was doing the most efficient thing possible by spraying a hydrant every where he was super easy but it still took like what felt like 20 minutes.

Really hoping the remaining 3 dungeons are a little more dungeony cause that kind of just mostly felt like a random sky island tbh.
Just make an opal magic rod and shoot water balls, the fight takes like 3 minutes lol

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
i wish that you could fuse amiibo weapons without, you know. fusing them.

fierce deity sword looks very cool but is completely inferior to even the vendor trash i pick up. unfortunately if i were to stick a lynel horn to it, it would rapidly stop looking cool. very frustrating.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I've got to wonder whether Violynne actively pursued her chosen instrument, or if nominative determinism is thoroughly at play here in Hyrule. Most of the characters are not named based on what they're doing, so whenever I come across a returning one I get a real chuckle, like Harth standing next to a hearth.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I wonder how hard the localizers had to work to get the underpants quest to make sense in various languages. It’s pretty clunky in English.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Nintendo’s Deeproot Depths

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Inadequately posted:

Yeah Zonaite weapons get a minor boost to attack if you fuse anything Zonai-related to them. Construct horns, deployable devices, Flux Construct Cores etc.

Right on, thanks!

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Mola Yam posted:

I can tell that I'm going through the exact same cycle of emotions/attitude as I did with BOTW.

Week 1: oh my god this is the greatest game ever made. I have never felt like this before. Oh my god.

Week 2: time to binge all the shrines! And fill out the entire map!

Week 3 (currently here): ehh let's take a break from the shrines and exploring, I'm flagging a bit, better mainline the main quests.

Week 4: two bosses defeated, gave up halfway through doing the third, never touched the game again. Fondly remembered though.

Yeah except I flagged a bit early on the shrines/map exploration when i realised there's clearly not much more there than last time (the sky island stuff is the best and most novel of it), and the story stuff is generally pretty exhausting and slow. I wish there was a way to quickly do the more challenging and interesting shrines and quickly do the dungeons without having to wait through like 2 hours of dialogue and inane cutscenes. That week 1/2 feeling was unparalleled though.

Great environment and exploration in the early going when the possibilities for what's over the next hill still feels limitless, and I might still come back to do the main quest. Definitely impossible for a game to overcome my burnout with open world games after the xbox 360 generation.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I think I am starting to understand Zelda style of mysthicism. I come from Skyrim where everything is basically History. Some wars, some kingdowns, maybe to win a war a faction turned themselves into monsters, and they lost anyway.

Zelda seems to be, okay distant past, ruins turn to rubble, eons pass, the world is still magical and gods exitsts. Is Nature + Gods, instead of factions vs factions in a world where magic is possible.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I think I might have slightly broken something? I cleared out Lurelin village of mknsters but the dude at Lookout says there's still a squad waiting to clear the pirates. Do I have to talk to someone to finish that?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Different pirates probably, I've seen a collection of ships off the eastern coast of the map, can't remember where.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I think I might have slightly broken something? I cleared out Lurelin village of mknsters but the dude at Lookout says there's still a squad waiting to clear the pirates. Do I have to talk to someone to finish that?

North Eastern Coast and Eventide Island

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CJacobs posted:

I've got to wonder whether Violynne actively pursued her chosen instrument, or if nominative determinism is thoroughly at play here in Hyrule. Most of the characters are not named based on what they're doing, so whenever I come across a returning one I get a real chuckle, like Harth standing next to a hearth.

Update, these are my new favorite characters, what a charming little sidequest.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh, rereading it was the river west of Highland Stable, my bad.

BTW, the reward for the Hateno sidequests does Cece's hat have an use besides being thus game's Gerudo outfit equivalent?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

CJacobs posted:

The way I straight up GIGGLED when I saw the flautist do his little dance in a tree.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLTwrNAl3z0

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 13:55 on May 21, 2023

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Irrationally annoyed that you can't just tell your sage buddy "Yeah, I know exactly where to go. Chop chop. "

Painstakingly built a hot air balloon contraption and threw pinecones for 10 minutes only to have to do the goofy Zora quest to get back to exactly where I was.

... Also just realized I could've attached a flame emitter instead of painstakingly feed pinecones to a fire

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

I wish there were more quests for/like the stable musicians. I could do a truly embarrassing amount of shrines or challenges that were like "here's a hosed up wagon with a bad arrangement of parts, please get the cargo safely to this designated point". koroks don't count because they're so (wonderfully) freeform

e: what do people use zonai shields for? They're supposed to make attached devices more battery efficient but in my experience efficiency either doesn't matter because the device doesn't need battery (e.g. glider) or shield/device durability is a far harsher limiter (e.g. fan, rocket). should I basically just be sticking beam heads and cannons on it?

Valentin fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 21, 2023

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Baller Ina posted:

So...Deku Tree Gloom Hands.

How???

Get one of the multishot bows like a Great Eagle from Rito village or a Duplex from Yiga goons and unload about 5 or so bomb arrows into them. Works a treat and keeps them stunned so as long as your already outside splosion range you should be fine.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 21, 2023

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

CJacobs posted:

I liked the other ones I did but the last one I did was the snow fields one and I failed a few times because the wagon got just a little too jostled around and when I was finally 10 yards away from the fountain I got hung up on a rock. I swear if I'd failed THERE Link was gonna drive us all over a cliff next try.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Speaking of that particular battle, I tried to fight them by creating a zonai device made of lasers and a roomba, very ineffective. Can they get destroyed? Because after activating it twice, I was unable to find it any longer in that battle room for a third time. I eventually beat them with lots of bomb arrows, in particular to my 60 attack strength bow I found in Hyrule Castle's throne room which respawns with every crimson moon.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Valentin posted:

I wish there were more quests for/like the stable musicians. I could do a truly embarrassing amount of shrines or challenges that were like "here's a hosed up wagon with a bad arrangement of parts, please get the cargo safely to this designated point". koroks don't count because they're so (wonderfully) freeform

e: what do people use zonai shields for? They're supposed to make attached devices more battery efficient but in my experience efficiency either doesn't matter because the device doesn't need battery (e.g. glider) or shield/device durability is a far harsher limiter (e.g. fan, rocket). should I basically just be sticking beam heads and cannons on it?

I would take an entire post-game arc that sees link eventually turn into a MULE after delivering resources via cart for 100 hours.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7234925752804822314

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Any weird loving units buy monster parts for more or am I safe to sell them to regular units?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Valentin posted:

Sticking beam heads and cannons is unfortunately far more useful when you do it on a Roomba.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wish Zonai devices scales with your power. Silver bokoblins take like 2 dozen direct canon hits to blow up, probably more but it's like a Tootsie pop and I lose count before I decide to just destroy him with my swords.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'd like to imagine that Zelda stealing Link's house was a slow process that happened over the first couple months since the Calamity was stopped. Enough time that most of the years between games it was her house and that's why everyone in Hateno says as much.

She'll just crash, she said on the first week. Link offers the bed since he's her knight and he can sleep anywhere else.

Week 2 she begins putting a new picture every two weeks.

Week 3 Link comes in to find that she threw away the swords collection. "I noticed you never got a chance to tidy up, and now that the war is over, you don't need this taking up so much space. :) "

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

And really, most of my weapon collection were the Champion weapons, and it looks like Link eventually gave those back to the new champions anyway

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
my wall was all high end elemental blades :(

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

MorningMoon posted:

I'd like to imagine that Zelda stealing Link's house was a slow process that happened over the first couple months since the Calamity was stopped. Enough time that most of the years between games it was her house and that's why everyone in Hateno says as much.

She'll just crash, she said on the first week. Link offers the bed since he's her knight and he can sleep anywhere else.

Week 3 Link comes in to find that she threw away the swords collection. "I noticed you never got a chance to tidy up, and now that the war is over, you don't need this taking up so much space. :) "

I had elemental greatswords up and pretended they were amenities - flame one for indoor cooking, ice as a fridge-freezer and electric as a flyzapper.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I mean, that Laser Chainsaw I put a lot of money into having Robbie make might have come in handy at the start of the game, had it still been on my wall. Just saying.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Tei posted:

I think I am starting to understand Zelda style of mysthicism. I come from Skyrim where everything is basically History. Some wars, some kingdowns, maybe to win a war a faction turned themselves into monsters, and they lost anyway.

Zelda seems to be, okay distant past, ruins turn to rubble, eons pass, the world is still magical and gods exitsts. Is Nature + Gods, instead of factions vs factions in a world where magic is possible.

It's just way easier to think of every Zelda game as a different story told be different generations. The King Arthur myth for each new generation.

Anyways, I am off tutorial island walking through Hyrule and kinda made a beeline for the Zelda and encountered the big pack of Bokogoblins at the end of the first tack and am wondering if I should turn back.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

Eh, she needs a place she can feel is hers more than Link does, her old home is a burnt out shell and he's a perennial vagabond anyway. Where else is she supposed to live, Impa's attic?

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
A rebuilt Hyrule castle?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
She came up with enough money to get a school built, she can probably afford her own digs.

Assuming of course that getting the school built was a process that involved more on her end then thinking it up and then eyeballing Link until a entry popped in the Adventure Log.

Outpost22 posted:

A rebuilt Hyrule castle?

Hyrule Castle is a haunted lifeless husk of a building and while she may have convinced modern Hyrule that she's a princess I don't think she actually has the pull or the manpower to get that place repainted.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 21, 2023

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The Fire temple is the absolute low point of the game for me and I hate it. Whoever designed this is a huge rear end in a top hat.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm really hoping for a Snowrunner collab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Caidin posted:

She came up with enough money to get a school built, she can probably afford her own digs.

Assuming of course that getting the school built was a process that involved more on her end then thinking it up and then eyeballing Link until a entry popped in the Adventure Log.

Fair enough, even if Hyrule Castle Refurbishment has only reached the stage of "tent city around the ruins of Castle Town and maybe checking out the basement," I guess she could probably have afforded one of those Hateno prefab cube houses.

That said, Link's her bodyguard, them just cohabitating at his house is convenient for everyone if only to remain nearby in case of more Yiga assassins or whatever. Plus now he has someone who can decorate his hovel with something more stylish than trophies taken off dead people.