Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I feel like of the cards this month, the best two (besides Nebula) are going to be Iron Lad and HE. The others seem OK but not amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Was Prof. X always an Ongoing? I know Enchantress didn't use to effect him.

Also just found out that Doc Ock can't pull cards into a flooded lane

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think living tribunal is going to have some solid decks around its unique effect, especially with cards like knull and shuri going around that can really stack power in one location

that said, i think getting HE is the choice to make, followed by, like, jeff

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Holy poo poo! A new location that isn't restrictive AND is directly beneficial to both players without affecting the gameplay!? Somebody please check on Mr. Brode

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Youremother posted:

Holy poo poo! A new location that isn't restrictive AND is directly beneficial to both players without affecting the gameplay!? Somebody please check on Mr. Brode

wow

an actually good location what the gently caress

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Scrap Dragon posted:

Neither of those sound correct. For the second one, are you sure the other player wasn't just out of cards in their hand? (Guessing there's a Sinister London involved here, which would make that reasonably likely imo.)

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Cattail Prophet posted:

Neither of those sound correct. For the second one, are you sure the other player wasn't just out of cards in their hand? (Guessing there's a Sinister London involved here, which would make that reasonably likely imo.)

My opponent was the one playing Doc Ock and he Zola'd it into the flooded lane. I definitely had cards in my hand, the second Doc Ock even succeeded in pulling them out.

I was asking about Prof. X cause I got taken by suprise when he didn't work on Isle of Silence. The Enchantress interaction comes from back when I was playing S1/S2 and I thought I was so clever for slipping Enchantress in on the same turn my opponent played Xavier, only for nothing to happen. Though that was months ago at this point

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Youremother posted:

Wait, this awards double boosters to upgrade your cards? I am floored the hotspot isn't like Jotunheim or some poo poo.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Make it double the cubes lost and gained this game instead

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa

Youremother posted:

I wonder if someone uses rhino/storm/witch does this still take effect?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Goddamn it feels good to anticipate a Galactus and get Cosmo or Goose down first

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

rabidcowfromhell posted:

I wonder if someone uses rhino/storm/witch does this still take effect?

nope folks can def. ruin the location. run cosmo if you've got him i guess... some people just wanna see the world burn.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Scrap Dragon posted:

My opponent was the one playing Doc Ock and he Zola'd it into the flooded lane. I definitely had cards in my hand, the second Doc Ock even succeeded in pulling them out.

This only happens when the lane is full. Did the Flooded lane have Cosmo in it?

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Last King posted:

nope folks can def. ruin the location. run cosmo if you've got him i guess... some people just wanna see the world burn.

i only did it once because it was part of my setup with storm

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Concurred posted:

i only did it once because it was part of my setup with storm

I almost lost a match because I felt bad using majik on that location

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Scrap Dragon posted:

I think Enchantress can only hit him if Prof. X reveals first. I've only had this happen once.

Last King posted:

I guess today won't be the day I start trying to climb with Galactus again.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Darke GBF posted:

wow

an actually good location what the gently caress

To be fair, they've been aware that they were making too many restrictive locations for a long time so they stopped making new ones months ago, but it takes quite a while to get the new locations into the game.

We're just now starting to see the effect of their new direction I think.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Snackmar posted:

If I can only get one: Howard, High Evolutionary, or Living Tribunal? (I have Galactus and Thanos already)

If I could get only one, I'd wait until Living Tribunal is out and see how he does, but then I'd probably get High Evo because I suspect that to be the much better card out of those three.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

uXs posted:

If I could get only one, I'd wait until Living Tribunal is out and see how he does, but then I'd probably get High Evo because I suspect that to be the much better card out of those three.

Howard just isn't worth 6k, and living tribunal seems pretty bad.
I'd wait to see how good HE looks after a few days out in the wild then get him because he's not rotating down anytime soon.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Really need to implement those weekend missions. Progression almost goes full stop right about now, for me at least and then I'm less than motivated to play

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Have they said anything about adding more objectives for missions? They could be so much more interesting than they currently are.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

uXs posted:

To be fair, they've been aware that they were making too many restrictive locations for a long time so they stopped making new ones months ago, but it takes quite a while to get the new locations into the game.

We're just now starting to see the effect of their new direction I think.

They could have, like.. not used some of those poo poo locations.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I'd enjoy more deck building challenges. Kinda liked the "use star lord" one. I don't really care about rank and enjoy playing different decks.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Xguard86 posted:

I'd enjoy more deck building challenges. Kinda liked the "use star lord" one. I don't really care about rank and enjoy playing different decks.

:yeah:

Also I'd feel pretty bad as an artist if my sick variant got put behind just absolutely dogshit levels-of-value bundles that disincentivize the majority of the player base from getting to use and enjoy them. Card games and comics both are pretty much catnip for collectors and the more and more they continue to release only exclusive versions of a bunch of poo poo the more obnoxious it gets. Like I don't personally care for most Venomized variants but I know people who want them all, and well, pay your 5000 gold or get out of the way I guess.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Played against someone who dropped Galactus turn 6 on Luke's Bar. This is the only reason I'm tempted by Galactus, to do that.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

Played against someone who dropped Galactus turn 6 on Luke's Bar. This is the only reason I'm tempted by Galactus, to do that.

I do this sometimes. I was losing badly one match and my opponent snapped early so I dropped t5 Galactus on Death's Domain

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I had heard there was a limit on the amount of boosters you can earn on a day, but had forgotten about it until I reached it earlier today. Completely drained my phone battery while farming boosters and vitamin D in the backyard. I was running Thanos + other cards with no theme or synergy. Lost me about 10 levels (don't really care anyway), but I can finally upgrade some cards all the way to infinite that I hadn't touched since last year (and probably never will again).

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:33 on May 21, 2023

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Jfc I got Ghost and Iron Lad in reserves this weekend.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

The Sean posted:

Jfc I got Ghost and Iron Lad in reserves this weekend.

Ghost is pool 3 now but nice snag on the lad!

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I got Ghost in a reserve like three or four days before she dropped :smug: Now if only my Wong deck was better.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

ugggh. I've been pingponging around the low 90s for a couple of days now and I'm at a slump. Any deck suggestions to push through this and fight to my first Infinite?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

cirus posted:

I do this sometimes. I was losing badly one match and my opponent snapped early so I dropped t5 Galactus on Death's Domain

I tried this on Rickety Bridge once for similar reasons and they dropped Wolverine

:deadpool:

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
A nice location to play and I finally got Sera? Today is a good Marvel Snap day.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Wish snow guard could double up the boosters. Wonder if mirror dimension duping that location would.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Quetzadilla posted:

Wish snow guard could double up the boosters. Wonder if mirror dimension duping that location would.

Nope, Mirror Dimension doesn't double the doubling after the game. It only happens once.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Figures that once I build a booster farming deck the location only comes up against Galactus players :(

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Had someone Reality Stone the Gym t1 and I don't think I've ever been more upset at someone in this game.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Someone had Iron Lad in a Patriot deck and it copied Misty Knight. Great job, buddy, keep up the good work.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

It's a little dumb but putting Lad into Patriot means the worst thing that happens is that you get two Things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I'd argue Mystique and Ultron are both potentially worse outcomes depending on board state.