Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

SiKboy posted:

I remember getting so annoyed when I was grinding for the catch at how many ornamental fish I got out that spot... Especially when its "one more resets worth of fish and I'm done. Oh. Okay, one more after this I guess...." And yeah, breaking his shield and knocking him into the water is pretty much the quickest way to go! I'm now doubting my own memory too, I suspect that he always aggros, and its the slimes nearby you can avoid fighting.

I'm pretty sure if you come around the long way you can avoid aggroing it, at least until you can stand on the boat and plink at it with an archer or yanfei. Been a while though, I've been super lazy about getting refinements for that spear.

delfin posted:

My general exploration (hunting down Seven statues to widen the map) is largely complete now. I'm at a point where I'm staring at quests that are either extremely daunting (Delusion Factory, Ruin Destroyers in the second Orobashi chain, the Thunder thing at the end of Seirai Stormchasers, whatever besides a nuke from orbit would be adequate for a Primo Geovishap, a whomp-rear end brigade at the end of Undetected Infiltration, the last fight against the mountaintop samurai with his health restoration mojo), time-locked stuff (waiting for fishing sites to restock) or digging up puzzle solutions (the last sections of Cleansing Defilement).

I did pick up some rudimentary Dendro relics for my Dendro Traveler, though I'd like to get a chalice with a matching DMG bonus.

Are the story quests a thing worth pursuing?

Primo vishap's easy, bring a shield, turn on your shield when it says "turn on a shield." Pretty sure you can kill it entirely with the reflected damage from those attacks, if you were feeling particularly lazy. Don't really remember any of the quest things, but ruin stuff dies real easy so long as you're not trying to do physical damage to them (or just doing single-type damage, as fun as all geo all the time is). And the thunder thing isn't too bad, it just requires running around a bit to avoid some of its attacks and hoping it stays still long enough for you to pour some fire or ice on it.

Which story quests do you mean, the character ones or the world quests? World quests are good because they give you region xp, which speeds that up, character quests are mostly fluff, unless it's for an archon. Pretty sure they lock other quests/events behind those (and I'm not sure you can just use a skip function for main story quests, so yes, you do need to listen to zhongli go on about salt for a bit).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Twisc posted:

oh no i want kirara but can't hit my hard pity on yae. or rather would prefer not to, because of the next banners

this is kinda where I am.

i want kirara, but i don't like pulling for 4* and I want to save my wishes for Kazuha

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Zenostein posted:

Primo vishap's easy, bring a shield, turn on your shield when it says "turn on a shield." Pretty sure you can kill it entirely with the reflected damage from those attacks, if you were feeling particularly lazy.

Now to remember who I have who has a shield. :v:

quote:

Don't really remember any of the quest things, but ruin stuff dies real easy so long as you're not trying to do physical damage to them (or just doing single-type damage, as fun as all geo all the time is). And the thunder thing isn't too bad, it just requires running around a bit to avoid some of its attacks and hoping it stays still long enough for you to pour some fire or ice on it.

My one encounter with Ruin Destroyers (the mecha fire snakes) ended with a full party wipe out in the wild; I have yet to figure out what their weakness is, if there is one. Thunder thing punted me around while I tried to figure out what it could do.

quote:

Which story quests do you mean, the character ones or the world quests? World quests are good because they give you region xp, which speeds that up, character quests are mostly fluff, unless it's for an archon. Pretty sure they lock other quests/events behind those (and I'm not sure you can just use a skip function for main story quests, so yes, you do need to listen to zhongli go on about salt for a bit).

I mean, going to the quest log and clicking the "Story Quests" button at lower left, the ones that need commission keys to unlock. I did Zhongli's today, the one with the missing miners and the big honking earth dragon at the end that looks like it unlocked a new boss domain. Also unlocked a Hangout quest that I haven't tested yet.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

delfin posted:

Now to remember who I have who has a shield. :v:

My one encounter with Ruin Destroyers (the mecha fire snakes) ended with a full party wipe out in the wild; I have yet to figure out what their weakness is, if there is one. Thunder thing punted me around while I tried to figure out what it could do.

I mean, going to the quest log and clicking the "Story Quests" button at lower left, the ones that need commission keys to unlock. I did Zhongli's today, the one with the missing miners and the big honking earth dragon at the end that looks like it unlocked a new boss domain. Also unlocked a Hangout quest that I haven't tested yet.

Incidentally, it's any shield. It doesn't have to be a good shield. You could probably get that sweet reflection damage with beidou or yun jin, if you really wanted. And at the least you've got noelle, he doesn't do that big attack often enough for you to run into cooldown issues if that's all you're doing with her.

As for the snake dudes: like every ruin enemy they're very resistant to physical damage, but they can be stunned. For those guys hitting them with any elemental damage when they're preparing to do an attack will stun them. So when they pop out of the ground and form a flower, when they extend to shoot a laser, and (I think) when they turn into a spigot and start shooting energy into the ground, that's your window. Beyond that, it's just a matter of not being in their circle of pain, because those attacks do a ton of damage and it's a bit hard to keep track of when there's like 5 of them.

I think it's just archon story quests that are "important" from that menu, the rest are just some primos for a character story and a chance to try out a new dude. Same goes for the hangouts.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Zenostein posted:

Incidentally, it's any shield. It doesn't have to be a good shield. You could probably get that sweet reflection damage with beidou or yun jin, if you really wanted. And at the least you've got noelle, he doesn't do that big attack often enough for you to run into cooldown issues if that's all you're doing with her.

Attempt #1: Xinyan was useless; her shield didn't reflect anything. I couldn't keep Diona alive long enough to test hers out. Beidou fared better; I whittled it down using her counter-shield skill on the dive-and-resurface attacks, using a bunch of food, but died with about 10% left. He stopped doing that "use your shield now" attack after about halfway through.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Shields only reflect their own element, but geo shields reflect all of primo geo's elements - primo geo was designed when Zhongli was weak for a patch so they gave geo shields a big advantage. So Noelle consistently works, but you'll only want to use the shield when the text appears onscreen because the cooldown is so high. (I can confirm yunjin parry works too and is the funnest solution)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

The treasure compass wont show you chests that spawn into the world until you solve the puzzle that spawns them. According to the battle chronicle I've opened 4,912 chests. :pcgaming:

I've got 100% in all areas and I've only got 4,714 :confused:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Attempt #2: Rethought my team conception. Basically two-manned it (so to speak) with Beidou doing counter-shields to whittle it down, and Barbara providing her with HoT. I did counter one of the big waves with Noelle, but it only did that move three times in the whole fight.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Hm, layla's shield only did like 1/8 of his hp bar in reflection, yun jin (who apparently does get a shield the whole time you hold the button) did twice as much, both against a pryo-flavored guy.

Maybe shield strength has something to do with it? To be honest, way back when I was fighting that rear end in a top hat daily for hutao/yanfei reasons I just used noelle or zhongli.

That said, 1) triggering that attack is probably a range-based thing, because I got him to do it like 5 times just by standing a bit out of spear-reach, and 2) disappointingly, he refused to do it a sixth time to let me kill him, so I had to actually properly hit him, instead of accidentally swiping him with yunjin (or yaoyao's rabbit, to make up for when I did a bad job dodging).

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

The damage dealt to the primo geo is just based on shield element. Matching element and Geo does a does a bunch, non-matching shields do a lot less.

fake e: Double checking the wiki, it's 15% of it's health for geo and matching, 5% for non-matching. It does also say that the shield has to absorb all of the damage from the blast, so I guess if the shield breaks and you take partial damage it doesn't work? I dont' know that I've ever had that happen.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

He does stop doing the reflection attack and shifts attack patterns when he's below 1/4 I think?? My usual team was Noelle and Fischel to plink at him from a distance, took forever but keeping him at range isn't too hard.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The Switch version of this is never gonna come out is it

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

try playing it on an iphone6, that's probably about how the switch experience would go.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Meowywitch posted:

They're still working on the Travis Touchdown crossover character.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I wonder if they'll do some Star Rail crossovers. They put Keqing and Fischl into Honkai 3rd, right? Maybe March will show up in Genshin so we can check out her awesome move.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Bear in mind that a number of time limited events might have given chests that are now inaccessible - eg the two summer isles quests, the alternate enkanomiya, and a few others.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theres also some one-time domains in the story and character sidequests with missable chests

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Yeah I'm not sure if golden archipelago chests count. There's also lots of really obscure puzzles like random leaves in liyue you blow away or elemental pillars hidden underwater. Also secret quests.

Incoherence posted:

They're still working on the Travis Touchdown crossover character.
Mask de Smith from killer7 :gritin:

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

"100%" exploration is really significantly less than 100%.

(My current total is 5,037 chests)

hit button fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 21, 2023

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Meowywitch posted:

as someone who played on a base PS4 all the way thru inazuma, I wouldn't wish that performance on anyone

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

halokiller posted:

as someone who played on a base PS4 all the way thru inazuma, I wouldn't wish that performance on anyone

lol still on one currently, and woof, you're not kidding. Inazuma isn't nearly as bad as the loading in Sumeru is. I can’t even imagine how rough a Switch version would be.

EDIT: and to add to this, I'm also currently playing Horizon: Forbidden West, and I've had less noticeable issues with it loading than I have with Genshin, so I think part of it is an issue on Hoyo’s end... but I'm not a tech person that could tell you why

Shinji2015 fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 21, 2023

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Some places in Sumeru were even maxing out the old-rear end CPU in my PC until I upgraded recently. It wasn't even a threading issue, because it was using all four cores. I wouldn't have thought a port of a mobile game would be so taxing.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 21, 2023

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Shinji2015 posted:

lol still on one currently, and woof, you're not kidding. Inazuma isn't nearly as bad as the loading in Sumeru is. I can’t even imagine how rough a Switch version would be.

EDIT: and to add to this, I'm also currently playing Horizon: Forbidden West, and I've had less noticeable issues with it loading than I have with Genshin, so I think part of it is an issue on Hoyo’s end... but I'm not a tech person that could tell you why

Yeah I don't know if it's their technical skills or just bruteforcing the PS5's SSD but the longest loading time I get in the game is on launch and that lasts for maybe 2-3 seconds. Fast travel takes about a second. PS4's HDD loading times are rough.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Runs great on the steam deck!

I am about half way through Inazuma and I’m having a great time with it. I really like how you change the environment as you go as well.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
A friend started the game recently and messaged me today saying "hey, I'm stuck at Adventure Rank 24, how long do I have to wait to rank up?" so I had the immense pleasure of joining their game and helping them grind out bosses in a drastically reduced amount of time. I wish I'd known when I started that you could just invite somebody into your game and help you speed up the busywork like that. Plus some extra ascension materials on my end always helps!

SiKboy posted:

[...] I could do some card game stuff, but for some reason it didnt grab me like that sort of stuff tends to in most games. I think its the dice on top of the cards is just a layer of randomisation too far for me to really get into.
Understand the feeling entirely... I'm sure there's a way to set up the deck so that you can brute force a consistent amount of Omni energy at the start of any given turn, but that's not really super rewarding. It's no Triple Triad sadly.

Meowywitch posted:

How on earth??? I'm being dripfed lightning juice and I'm only around 30 on it I think
I was at about level 35 before starting 'the journey' as well. It really just involves sitting there painstakingly looking for chests, however you want to do that. For me, the Interactive Map isn't so helpful for chests (being that by the time I start using it I've opened half of them already), so it was a lot of warping around, using the treasure compass, adjusting vertical position and trying again, trying the points between two waypoints, making sure to do all the cube puzzles, then getting to level 49 and not getting anything on the compass anymore and think "what in the everloving could I be missing" and then remembering hey, weren't there those swords in the ground that got hit by lightning? Whatever happened with those? 'Hidden' world quest, great fun.
And then after complaining about that, you go back to Enkanomiya the next day and realise you'd forgotten those chests give Electro Sigils too. :negative: I did it to myself in several ways, you can probably get there with a lot less angst though.

Sanctum posted:

The treasure compass wont show you chests that spawn into the world until you solve the puzzle that spawns them. According to the battle chronicle I've opened 4,912 chests. :pcgaming:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

How. I'm less than 50% of the way there! Who makes all these drat chests anyway? There's like 400 NPCs in the whole world. Oh well, more grist for the mill...

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell

No Wave posted:

Stupid question - is there a mirror anywhere in game? I wanted to see if all the archers close one eye when aiming and couldnt figure out how to do it outside of co-op or when one of those take a picture events was running.

This was from days ago but I just ran into a mirror in Yae Miko story quest

That can't be the only one in the game

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

judging from my experiences with tears of the kingdom and smt:v, the switch can’t even smoothly run games specifically designed for it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im pretty sure there's mirror furniture in the teapot

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Putting in some effort into the Chasm, I got all the way to the fight at the end of Perils in the Dark (the paired Abyss Lectors) before hitting a hard stop. I can whittle the fire one down quickly, but at 10% or so it puts up a big shield that I can't even dent. My only leveled Cryo character is Diona, who's not what I'd call a hitter.

I'm getting good mileage out of the Dendro Traveler skill -> Oz spam combo platter, but I'd love to work out a way to switch it up so that either Beidou or Traveler is doing the damage, as Fischl is a little fragile sometimes.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

delfin posted:

Putting in some effort into the Chasm, I got all the way to the fight at the end of Perils in the Dark (the paired Abyss Lectors) before hitting a hard stop. I can whittle the fire one down quickly, but at 10% or so it puts up a big shield that I can't even dent. My only leveled Cryo character is Diona, who's not what I'd call a hitter.

I'm getting good mileage out of the Dendro Traveler skill -> Oz spam combo platter, but I'd love to work out a way to switch it up so that either Beidou or Traveler is doing the damage, as Fischl is a little fragile sometimes.

Abyss lectors all have a super shield at <20% health that you HAVE to use the correct element(s) on. For pyro it's hitting it with hydro attacks, the hydro lector is weak to cryo, and the electro is weak to pyro/cryo/dendro.

As for Fischl, she's mainly an off-fielder, so it shouldn't matter how squishy she is. I think some of her Oz passives don't even work if she's the one onfield. If you want to onfield her and stay alive a bit better, Xingqiu skill and Bediou's bursts will stack their damage mitigation and give a bit of healing, they're a very viable alternative to a shielder when paired together.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Space Opera posted:

Abyss lectors all have a super shield at <20% health that you HAVE to use the correct element(s) on. For pyro it's hitting it with hydro attacks, the hydro lector is weak to cryo, and the electro is weak to pyro/cryo/dendro.

As for Fischl, she's mainly an off-fielder, so it shouldn't matter how squishy she is. I think some of her Oz passives don't even work if she's the one onfield. If you want to onfield her and stay alive a bit better, Xingqiu skill and Bediou's bursts will stack their damage mitigation and give a bit of healing, they're a very viable alternative to a shielder when paired together.

If Hydro is a must, it's a must. My Xingqiu'd been resting up a bit, but he'll go back in for this one. If I can get it down to one attacker instead of two spamming attacks all over the room, I think I can handle it.

That's what's keeping me from advancing past Delusion Factory; it's not so much that it's three Fatui (and then three Fatui after that), it's that there's no room to maneuver so that I have time to focus the camera on who's doing what.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

delfin posted:

If Hydro is a must, it's a must. My Xingqiu'd been resting up a bit, but he'll go back in for this one. If I can get it down to one attacker instead of two spamming attacks all over the room, I think I can handle it.

That's what's keeping me from advancing past Delusion Factory; it's not so much that it's three Fatui (and then three Fatui after that), it's that there's no room to maneuver so that I have time to focus the camera on who's doing what.

If it helps, the actual damage doesn't matter for shield breaking, just elemental application.

So if your Xingqui isn't up to date that's fine as long as you can use his burst and take him off field.

And Diona will work perfectly fine against electro shields for the same reason.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

patch 3.7 is as big as the star rail installation was

for a TCG tournament event

:cripes:

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Space Opera posted:

I'm fairly sure I've fought hydro lectors with dendro/electro but I might be wrong.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Excelzior posted:

patch 3.7 is as big as the star rail installation was

:cripes:
I can only assume they've either secretly fully implemented Fontaine, or all the TCG art is saved as uncompressed 8k bitmaps.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Excelzior posted:

Are people, in general, still super into the card game? It released and everyone seemed to love it then it kind of faded into the background. The last time I touched it was before the XQ nerf and looking at the 3.7 changes it looks like every deck I had is now bad.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Lobsterpillar posted:

I'm fairly sure I've fought hydro lectors with dendro/electro but I might be wrong.

usually those do work on hydro shields with varying degrees of efficiency. the exception is the hydro fatui where dendro straight up won’t affect their shield at all.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Heralds/Lectors can be brought down by any element that reacts with it. I’ve taken them down with mono-anemo teams, but ti takes forever.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Heralds/Lectors can be brought down by any element that reacts with it. I’ve taken them down with mono-anemo teams, but ti takes forever.

It's this, it's only impossible when you have a time limit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
New banner as expected