Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
good luck with that. i don't answer calls from numbers i don't recognize. doesn't matter if it is a person or a robot.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

uber_stoat posted:

good luck with that. i don't answer calls from numbers i don't recognize. doesn't matter if it is a person or a robot.

They're going to target your weakness. They're going to quote you on SA

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

ikanreed posted:

They're going to target your weakness. They're going to quote you on SA

This is a post about an attempt to collect a debt...

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Ham Equity posted:

This is a post about an attempt to collect a debt...
They'll start PMing the mods too if you don't pay.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
and if that doesn't work they'll start threads in SAD

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Finally a drama thread I can laugh about

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'm going to deeznuts the robot debt collector.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

uber_stoat posted:

i'm going to deeznuts the robot debt collector.

It will collect your nuts

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

Death cab for baby

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
Now hear me out, what if we made a call forwarding app which goes to an enthusiastic chapgpt bot that always feigns interest with the caller but is non-commitmental.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

DrPossum posted:

Now hear me out, what if we made a call forwarding app which goes to an enthusiastic chapgpt bot that always feigns interest with the caller but is non-commitmental.

https://youtu.be/lT3rUtnzc1M

This guy made a robot that fakes interest with telemarketers. It would be locked in combat forever.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

red19fire posted:

https://youtu.be/lT3rUtnzc1M

This guy made a robot that fakes interest with telemarketers. It would be locked in combat forever.

Kinda want someone to test that actually.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

It's good work if you can get it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
sounds like a position just opened up!

ngl, i've thought about existences like this before and that surely someone is out there living it, with all the excess infrastructure we have in cities

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

#squadgoals

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

smarxist posted:

sounds like a position just opened up!

ngl, i've thought about existences like this before and that surely someone is out there living it, with all the excess infrastructure we have in cities

This sort of impulse was captured by capital and became guys in poorer counties farming currency in whatever MMO or gacha game for cents on the hour, watched by pit boss cracking the whip over them and dozens of their peers.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

This is supposed to be the cyberpunk dystopia thread, not the techno-utopia thread.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

This sort of impulse was captured by capital and became guys in poorer counties farming currency in whatever MMO or gacha game for cents on the hour, watched by pit boss cracking the whip over them and dozens of their peers.

Does the pit boss position offer health insurance?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

For the first two weeks he was NOT the worst-smelling person in the apartment.

Or the least out-of-shape.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

This is what we fight for. This is the future that was denied to us. You'll never realize how beautiful the stars are until you bury a body so you can defraud the government

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

It sounds like the start of the most pathetic horror movie ever filmed.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

dr_rat posted:

It sounds like the start of the most pathetic horror movie ever filmed.
check out Bodies Bodies Bodies immediately my Goon sire

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Shrecknet posted:

check out Bodies Bodies Bodies immediately my Goon sire

Just checked out the trailer, and yeah that looks great. Always love when horror movies acknowledge the main characters are loving idiots and are surviving mostly by blind luck, so totally my thing.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

dr_rat posted:

Just checked out the trailer, and yeah that looks great. Always love when horror movies acknowledge the main characters are loving idiots and are surviving mostly by blind luck, so totally my thing.

Oh its even dumber than that, its great lol

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

hellworld

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Looking forward to T-1000 forcibly repossessing my organs

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
better with the image imo

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

imagine being the loser with only two monitors in that room lmao

just constantly catching reflections of the 5 monitor setup behind you

dunno how you wake up dead, exactly, but your waking life would be death by 300 cuts per second

stringless has issued a correction as of 12:11 on May 24, 2023

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
https://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/san-antonio/news/2023/05/23/new-app-designed-to-prevent-veteran-suicides-

Something tells me Battle Buddy is gonna be the thing that pushes some veterans over the edge.. :shepicide:

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/05/built-in-chatgpt-driven-copilot-will-transform-windows-11-starting-in-june/

quote:

A couple of months ago, Microsoft added generative AI features to Windows 11 in the form of a taskbar-mounted version of the Bing chatbot. Starting this summer, the company will be going even further, adding a new ChatGPT-driven Copilot feature that can be used alongside your other Windows apps. The company announced the change at its Build developer conference alongside another new batch of Windows 11 updates due later this year. Windows Copilot will be available to Windows Insiders starting in June.

Like the Microsoft 365 Copilot, Windows Copilot is a separate window that opens up along the right side of your screen and assists with various tasks based on what you ask it to do. A Microsoft demo video shows Copilot changing Windows settings, rearranging windows with Snap Layouts, summarizing and rewriting documents that were dragged into it, and opening apps like Spotify, Adobe Express, and Teams. Copilot is launched with a dedicated button on the taskbar.

"Once open, the Windows Copilot side bar stays consistent across your apps, programs and windows, always available to act as your personal assistant. It makes every user a power user, helping you take action, customize your settings, and seamlessly connect across your favorite apps," wrote Microsoft Chief Product Officer Panos Panay.

Microsoft didn't talk about the privacy and security considerations of Windows Copilot—whether users can expect the contents of their documents to be kept private, what processing is happening locally on your device versus on Microsoft's servers, and whether chat history and contextual information will be saved between sessions or even synced between computers. We'll presumably learn more about this as the feature gets closer to launching.

[. . .]

:waycool:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
companies will be very happy about all their internal documents getting fed into chatGPT because of a windows update

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Cortana, preload 15 chrome tabs of premium hentai; I'm almost done owning these fools on the star citizen subreddit :smug:

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Biplane posted:

Cortana, preload 15 chrome tabs of premium hentai; I'm almost done owning these fools on the star citizen subreddit :smug:

The reddit is actually just chatgpt arguing with other chatgpt.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Kids won't believe me when I tell them back in my day you didn't have to wait for the response of a planet-killing cloud GPU to launch an executable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

to be fair the kind of sicko who uses windows sidebars and talks to their computer and poo poo like that is exactly the kind of person who would want to outsource all of their thinking to chatgpt so i understand microsoft's plan here