Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Reshuffle GBS mods and add IKs, but draw them from.the SAGAs thread and close it down for good. :cheerdoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Smugworth posted:

Attention! I have some actual feedback outside of the noisy chat that's currently going on
:sweep:

Make Seth the boss of the other GBS mods
They should all be accountable to him and have to do what he tells them

Addendum: T'vark can be the assistant to the head mod, Seth

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

AARD VARKMAN posted:

There is a SAD thread on GBS moderation in case those of you who refuse to go there care to participate.

Jesus loving Christ

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Massive L Behavior:

- Posting in SAD
- Using the report button
- Having more than 0 people on your ignore list

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Smugworth posted:

Addendum: T'vark can be the assistant to the head mod, SmugWorth

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Jesus loving Christ

strange reaction to a thread being made to discuss SA in the Something Awful Discussion forum

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

strange reaction to a thread being made to discuss SA in the Something Awful Discussion forum

Very cool crew you have mate. And the username is win as well!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Lol. Yes I’m sure the discussion there will be considered and thoughtful and definitely not a big steaming batch of liquid hot takes from a bunch of people who never post in GBS.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

drama mines running low probably

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Stop being so unhinged you guys.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Solefald posted:

Stop being so unhinged you guys.

Nobody's being unhinged you munch

E: this is officially IK feedback

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 21, 2023

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Lol

But yeah for real, if you haven't got any feedback then take it to the chat thread or something.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Jesus Christ, SAD posters need to get a life.

:edit: My feedback is that GBS is just fine and some people just need to go outside more often or something.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Rust Martialis posted:

A thread where the op ends with

mad?

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Epic post bro

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I don't like having to be a oval office but for real can we have less of this.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I think any post in here could be a pm to Seth the active mod, or maybe to an admin or that general email box they read. Leaving the thread open without a specific goal will lead to more chat posts, posting about posters/other subforums, etc. Also I will continue to mistake it for the chat thread because they are the same colour on my list. In short, close this thread as its use, if it had one, is gone. If I catch a 6 for this, put a loving kitty in it.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

I think any post in here could be a pm to Seth the active mod, or maybe to an admin or that general email box they read. Leaving the thread open without a specific goal will lead to more chat posts, posting about posters/other subforums, etc. Also I will continue to mistake it for the chat thread because they are the same colour on my list. In short, close this thread as its use, if it had one, is gone. If I catch a 6 for this, put a loving kitty in it.

disagree with this. thread should stay open imo. if it's silent it's silent, if there's feedback there's feedback. People can just not chat in it. I know that might be difficult for some given how people keep accidentally ending up in scholastic book fair but I have faith

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Well it seems like theyre going to install one of the people from the Doxxing/unwell wacky username thread as a mod of GBS now so this sites days are pretty well numbered I would say. I dont know why Jeff can't clean up the old admins and merge some of the hobby forums with GBS to breathe some new life into the joint.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

disagree with this. thread should stay open imo. if it's silent it's silent, if there's feedback there's feedback. People can just not chat in it. I know that might be difficult for some given how people keep accidentally ending up in scholastic book fair but I have faith

It doesn't seem to be the venue for the things people really want to complain about (and catch probations for?) and kinda remains a potential honeypot? Or is that the kind of forums babysitting I already disagree with, like banning people for "schizo posts." You may be right Dr. Aids, you may be right.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Well it seems like theyre going to install one of the people from the Doxxing/unwell wacky username thread as a mod of GBS now so this sites days are pretty well numbered I would say. I dont know why Jeff can't clean up the old admins and merge some of the hobby forums with GBS to breathe some new life into the joint.

Maybe its easier to do something small(or nothing) over a very long period of time while not talking about what's going on or why, that way no one bothers you about it.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Charles Bukowski posted:

I don't think it's that hard to not post off-topic in here, especially when people are repeatedly being told to knock it off.
I think it's good to keep it open and just stay vigilant for irrelevant posts.

Having somewhere like this should encourage people to bounce around ideas with other posters and inspire more suggestions and feedback. :3:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

This is where I'm at

We're keeping this open for ongoing feedback. It may be rebooted from time to time but it's not going to be closed barring something weird going on

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

my GBS feedback is can you IP ban that loving weirdo driftingmouse so he stops making new accs and spamming loser twitter accs?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

AARD VARKMAN posted:

There is a SAD thread on GBS moderation in case those of you who refuse to go there care to participate.

I participated earnestly, but I gotta be honest here and let it be known that I don’t see what the point was. Conversations there never seem very good and this one is no exception. It’s just a bunch of hyper-fixated people endlessly needling each other for owns and sad little victories, back and forth forever.

This is especially disappointing because it does seem like moderation could use an extra hand with a few things, but the conversation there clearly is not about it.

Do we really have to interact with that mess to be heard?

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
E not worth messing with

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Edit: this is an artifact from a now unnecessary effort to keep the thread on track. :sweep:

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Dick Fontaine posted:

I participated earnestly, but I gotta be honest here and let it be known that I don’t see what the point was. Conversations there never seem very good and this one is no exception. It’s just a bunch of hyper-fixated people endlessly needling each other for owns and sad little victories, back and forth forever.

This is especially disappointing because it does seem like moderation could use an extra hand with a few things, but the conversation there clearly is not about it.

Do we really have to interact with that mess to be heard?
Smugworth gets probed for telling a guy to sit down, Stux suggests Smugworth should be gunned down in the street, no probe. Solid forum they've got over there. Can't wait to see which poster who openly hates this forum gets chosen to moderate it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Additional mods are fine, just don't let people who only complain about a forum pick the mod. It's like if someone opened a thread to get a new mod the TFR and everyone who posted hated guns, and then they suggest a mod, who you know will hate guns, because the goal isn't to moderate the forum, it's to change it to something they actually approve of.

Also yeah, permaban and IP ban driftingmouse, the idea he is getting his jollies off posting weird lovely obituaries and having people be a part of that is loving weird and uncomfortable.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Fine. I'll do it. I'll become a guy who says someone else should be mod.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Slugworth posted:

Smugworth gets probed for telling a guy to sit down, Stux suggests Smugworth should be gunned down in the street, no probe. Solid forum they've got over there. Can't wait to see which poster who openly hates this forum gets chosen to moderate it.

They won’t be happy until SA is nothing left but one thread where the same ten ImpCels probe each other endlessly to advertise watching a video game play itself while they discuss it in a separate discord, patting themselves on the back for a job well done.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Slugworth posted:

It's kind of interesting because they are trying to emulate who they thought was cool for saying GBS sucks 10 years ago when people actually WOULD show their whole rear end on GBS and post stuff like "my good sir!" unironically. then they copped a username like "bug uncle" and tried to post in that style but can't quite nail it. Meanwhile C*m town and like 3 guys on twitter have already cashed out and thoroughly beat that style of thing to death. It's like theyre constitutionally incapable of having a clue.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
I think that because some people post like this which I like and some people post liek this which I don't like (or want them posting here) we should shut the whole forums down

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MuadDib Atreides posted:

It's kind of interesting because they are trying to emulate who they thought was cool for saying GBS sucks 10 years ago when people actually WOULD show their whole rear end on GBS and post stuff like "my good sir!" unironically. then they copped a username like "bug uncle" and tried to post in that style but can't quite nail it. Meanwhile C*m town and like 3 guys on twitter have already cashed out and thoroughly beat that style of thing to death. It's like theyre constitutionally incapable of having a clue.

:hmmyes:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

MuadDib Atreides posted:

C*m town

I am surprised noms a fan of the adma Friesland show

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Slugworth posted:

its because im right

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Stux posted:

its because im right

trolling smugworth is 2 easy. don't get cocky.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Troll slugworth. Then I'll be impresed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
That's my feedback: Smugworth is a bit of a wuss so there should be a rule that we have to be extra kind because we wouldn't want to hurt his feelings.