Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Orks are the hero faction in 40k, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's certainly not the Space Marines

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Actually it’s the Enslavers.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I just love that it's the official product box. Which means that was the best picture they took.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Joe Fisto posted:

In his newest video Dan Larson says the Super7 Silverhawks line is seemingly dead after some rightsholding bullshit. Condolences to anyone who was buying that line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY2vzFQn3E4

I only wanted the bluegrass figure and got him so I lucked out.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

well god drat

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1659970691205320705?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

gregday
May 23, 2003

New crystal chamber chassis for the ROTJ.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

I found a bunch at a Target near me today too

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

gregday posted:

New crystal chamber chassis for the ROTJ.

:swoon:

What’s the recipe for this?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Louisgod posted:

I found a bunch at a Target near me today too

Same. The were all shoved on the clearance end cap (they weren't on clearance).

On a different note, my Skeletor w/ pet dragon and Snake Face shipped from Amazon. Skeletor will be here today and Snake Face tomorrow. AND MV Clawful shipped and will be here Tuesday! :dance:

It's a good week for MOTU here at my house.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Shiftypenguin posted:

Same. The were all shoved on the clearance end cap (they weren't on clearance).

On a different note, my Skeletor w/ pet dragon and Snake Face shipped from Amazon. Skeletor will be here today and Snake Face tomorrow. AND MV Clawful shipped and will be here Tuesday! :dance:

It's a good week for MOTU here at my house.

drat I gotta wait until Tuesday. Where did your order Clawful from?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Joe Fisto posted:

drat I gotta wait until Tuesday. Where did your order Clawful from?

Clamazon

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I'm dumb

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

No worries, it wasn't obvious in my post. I ordered Clawful from Amazon too when he popped up for preorder a while ago.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Shiftypenguin posted:

No worries, it wasn't obvious in my post. I ordered Clawful from Amazon too when he popped up for preorder a while ago.

That’s a lucky get since they were only available for maybe 20 minutes.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Nanigans posted:

:swoon:

What’s the recipe for this?

It's a KR Sabers hero hilt with a Goth3D metal master chassis. I had it built and installed by Jonathan Rossi of The Saber Armory.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Since I've started collecting more 1/6 scale figures, I decided to customize my own shelving using a couple of those cheap black metal frame garage shelves as a base. Had to add lighting, convert the shelves to black, and add a black backdrop. I need two of a very specific size to fit the space in between my detolfs in my back office. I think they came out well! Setup looks way way better in person, the lighting looks more blown up in photos

Biggest problem now is going to be the dust....

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Can anyone recommend a good fashion doll related forum? My fiancé has gotten interested in collecting them.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

A couple of nice Antboys

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Since I've started collecting more 1/6 scale figures, I decided to customize my own shelving using a couple of those cheap black metal frame garage shelves as a base. Had to add lighting, convert the shelves to black, and add a black backdrop. I need two of a very specific size to fit the space in between my detolfs in my back office. I think they came out well! Setup looks way way better in person, the lighting looks more blown up in photos

Biggest problem now is going to be the dust....

Dusting is for suckers

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

A couple of nice Antboys

The one on the right is my favorite Ant-Man costume ever, and the version I have of him.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Thanks for the sudden mentions of Nin Nin Game, a company I was completely unaware of 48 hours ago. I grabbed the Sentinel transparent Miles which is either (a) sold out everywhere, or (b) redonk expensive for a quite reasonable amount. :toot:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1660648738593951745?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The_Doctor posted:

Thanks for the sudden mentions of Nin Nin Game, a company I was completely unaware of 48 hours ago. I grabbed the Sentinel transparent Miles which is either (a) sold out everywhere, or (b) redonk expensive for a quite reasonable amount. :toot:

Slick!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Haha, those hawkarangs are pretty shameless.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

MAFEX Steel released today. Hopefully I get it next week.

I’ve cut back on the imports but these Return of Superman toys are just too good

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Oh sweet, I haven't pre-ordered him but I do want to pick him up as I'd like a sweet Mafex Reign of the Superman set (assuming they do Connor and the Eradicator too).

I've eased up hoovering stuff up but do have Nightwing en route and hope to pick up Storm and Mags anon but I'm a bit skint after splurging on my dream camera, plus gonna bite the bullet and finally take some driving lessons, which are hella expensive on initial glance. Bah.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Swung by the local toy store over the weekend for the first time in forever and picked up a few things.

Feel a bit dirty grabbing the Barnyard Commando, but I couldn't resist in person. I had that red Computer Warriors dude as a kid (it was my only computer warrior), and thought he was super rad. Given I now work in IT (technically telecom), I think I might try to pick more of these up for a little desk display. I open 99% of what I've got, I may keep this pair on card. For 35 year old toys the cards are in super good shape. I'll probably break down and open them though.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Oh poo poo, it's Crab Boy and Tittie Snakes!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Shiftypenguin posted:

More Clawful please!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Oh, this? Heh, that's just... MY PURSE!

I bought the single-carded Longshot (cheap!) basically just for this accessory. He always had that bag on him in the original comics. I feel like its exclusion from the "deluxe" Mojoworld version was a straight-up mistake, and that's got to be part of the reason for so quickly following it up with a separate single-carded version. Having the glowing-eye face as an option is nice too, but I still really prefer the regular face, plus the white star on his jacket. (A yellow star is a bit on the nose...)

Basically the Mojoworld version was the must-have for me, and the other one was just a nice bonus. Between the two of them, I basically have one ultimate Longshot figure.

Shiftypenguin posted:

Those guys look great!

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

More Clawful please!

I'll try to snap more pics for ya tomorrow night.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Those guys look great!

Both are great. Clawful is surprisingly hollow, which I'm guessing is how they were able to pack in all the costume accessories. Speaking of, it's awesome having costume options. The New Eternia guys have been great for that so far and I hope they keep it up.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Wasn't Blur called Whizzer before? Or am I thinking of a different speedster dude?

If he was, then I fully understand the name change.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Just for fun I took a couple pictures to better showcase the uncanny resemblance of the ML Longshot figure to a young Sting:

Feyd was an especially good reference point with the big knife and weird futuristic jacket. I made a small effort to match the lighting, but it's tough when the figure has that crazy mullet casting shadows on his eyes.

Arthur Adams originally based the character's appearance on this guy, and has never been too shy-shy, as it were, about admitting it:

I find this whole situation hilarious. It's very funny that a comic book hero was ever based on the fuckin' Kajagoogoo / Neverending Story guy of all people. It would have been twice as funny if Hasbro had gone right back to the source and made the toy look exactly like him too, but at least they did not stray far from that 80's British new wave pop star frame of reference.

Anyway, I love this figure so much. It's got some slightly janky proportions going on, but I don't even care... because now I own not one, but two, action figures of Sting with Limahl's hairdo, and that's amazing. Me from like a month ago could never have predicted this.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Sting is the original basis for John Constantine’s visual look!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Longshot isn't exactly human, so the odd proportions kinda fit the character. It's been years since I read a comic with him but didn't he have some kinda throwing blades like silver sable where they were square or diamond shaped, way back in the olden days of the 80s/90s?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh yea, for those who care, Lebowski in sixth scale is on sideshow seconds, plus it has the daily discount. Drops it from 250 to 212 to 180 and some change.

Had to grab it for sub 200. Gonna just make my own joint smoking hand.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s a good deal. Can’t afford crap rn though but that’s fine.

Denji is enough figure for me for a bit lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Oh, this? Heh, that's just... MY PURSE!

I bought the single-carded Longshot (cheap!) basically just for this accessory. He always had that bag on him in the original comics. I feel like its exclusion from the "deluxe" Mojoworld version was a straight-up mistake, and that's got to be part of the reason for so quickly following it up with a separate single-carded version. Having the glowing-eye face as an option is nice too, but I still really prefer the regular face, plus the white star on his jacket. (A yellow star is a bit on the nose...)

Basically the Mojoworld version was the must-have for me, and the other one was just a nice bonus. Between the two of them, I basically have one ultimate Longshot figure.

Those guys look great!

Does he have a pointing hand? Because that's his purse and I want to know if he knows Mojo