Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Re: game sharing, I have never had to put either my or my wife’s console in to airplane mode for both of us to be able to play the same game.

Her switch is set to my primary, mines just my own secondary - as long as her console launches a game with her profile mine couldn’t give a gently caress less, and since her console is set to my primary any user can launch a game I own.

Now I did once try trading Pokémon with myself using my own profile and it does freak out if you’re running multiple games on the same profile and force-kills the game on the secondary console, but if you and your partner/kids/whatever use separate profiles you should both be able to play the same game at the same time without purchasing two copies so long as your profile is primary on their system. Just means your console has to do the online license check every time you launch something for a couple seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just saw the last(I think) Geoglyph cutscene and yeah they really should’ve saved this one for after you’ve collected the others ‘cause it kinda ruins any narrative buildup they have if you see it early

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
My horses from BOTW didn’t show up what gives :mad:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Just beat the game and while I loved the last bit of story before the credits, Ganondorf and the final area in general were kind of disappointing. The very last phase was cinematic but insanely easy

Overall great game, now I can watch insane nerds who are infinitely better than me at this game do speedruns

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

How does bulk gem sale work in this one? I found a lady in Gorgon City who do them, and then there's the shopkeeper in Gerudo Town who mentions the shop owner farting around somewhere. Do I ever get the option of picking which gems to sell in bulk?

You found the lady. You don't get a choice, she randomly chooses and it stays that one until you fulfill it then it picks another random one. At least, that's my experience, maybe she changes more often and I somehow rolled the same ones as my previous visit, XX gameplay hours later all three times I've gone to her to sell.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Deki posted:

The very last phase was cinematic but insanely easy

personally i loved it for exactly this reason

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Khanstant posted:

You found the lady. You don't get a choice, she randomly chooses and it stays that one until you fulfill it then it picks another random one. At least, that's my experience, maybe she changes more often and I somehow rolled the same ones as my previous visit, XX gameplay hours later all three times I've gone to her to sell.

Alright, not as reliable as I'd hoped then. Oh well.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Electric Phantasm posted:

So what is Rauru's design based off of? Like a goat or something?

The guy is built like a corgi and wears ultra low rise pants. Whoever designed him has a serious affinity for the male torso

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the zonai are basically anthropomorphized versions of the dragons with some moon rabbit imagery tossed in. you can see the latter in rauru's ears and the former in his mane, scale-pattern designs, and stretched-taffy torso

also he's got hips for days but that seems unrelated

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Electric Phantasm posted:

So what is Rauru's design based off of? Like a goat or something?

Yeah I’m curious about this too, hopefully it gets clarified in future interviews. I’ve seen people speculate Qilin but he definitely has some dragon-like features too

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’ve got a spoilery question relating to the Master sword. So (major main quest spoilers)I got the quest to grab the Master sword and I’ve now got a convenient way to track the Light dragon. If I actually complete the quest will I lose that tracking though? Makes me think I should farm all the dragon parts I want first

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Some ladies in mushroom hats set me up and I got swarmed by horriblins in a cave but got the barbarian leg wraps so I guess I forgive them.

Is shrine completion really what scales up enemies in this game? I've been spending most of my time getting sky towers and picking up shrines here and there as I go, I don't really want to start my storyline playthrough with silver monsters.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mercury Hat posted:

Some ladies in mushroom hats set me up and I got swarmed by horriblins in a cave but got the barbarian leg wraps so I guess I forgive them.

Is shrine completion really what scales up enemies in this game? I've been spending most of my time getting sky towers and picking up shrines here and there as I go, I don't really want to start my storyline playthrough with silver monsters.

from what i've read enemies have an invisible exp system and "level up" with general completion, with each enemy group typically having one example of the current highest-leveled tier. i don't know how much shrines increase their exp, but they seem guaranteed to go up a level whenever you clear a temple

there are also enemies locked to a certain tier regardless of your progression. go spelunking in the wrong place and you might end up bumping into a silver lynel

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

cece's designs suck poo poo i'm not afraid to say it

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Trying to avoid spoilers, but I hit an early shrine that's just got a fan and there's a ledge. I'm wondering if I need something to help me float, or if I can solve all the shrines with the basic abilities from the Sky Island intro? Not sure if my creativity is lacking or if I'm missing a basic item/ability.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Escape Goat posted:

Trying to avoid spoilers, but I hit an early shrine that's just got a fan and there's a ledge. I'm wondering if I need something to help me float, or if I can solve all the shrines with the basic abilities from the Sky Island intro? Not sure if my creativity is lacking or if I'm missing a basic item/ability.

you need the paraglider. keep doing the main-story quests until you have it

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

you need the paraglider. keep doing the main-story quests until you have it

thx! figured there must be something like that

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

kidcoelacanth posted:

It’s boomer poo poo

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Preach

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Sorry Zelda, I just won my dream home and will spend the a few days designing my McMansion. You can’t have it.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Is Beedle's selection random or is it set by stable? I got like five hearty lizards off him once, and I want to find a Beedle with those again so I can go Phantom Ganon hunting.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Escape Goat posted:

thx! figured there must be something like that

Which shrine? I'd like to take a crack without paraglider, last shrine someone said needed it did not, and didn't need a cheese either.

If nothing else in there can be used, then a rocket or bomb shield made outside the shrine could probably do it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

Is Beedle's selection random or is it set by stable? I got like five hearty lizards off him once, and I want to find a Beedle with those again so I can go Phantom Ganon hunting.

Gloom eats all your yellow hearts in one tick. It's sundelion food that can remove the gloom hearts.

Also if you stick close and never let up except to dodge or block his telegraphed attacks, the gloom pool should stay small enough to not be that much of a bother.

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
I found the same shrine early on (before I had the glider) and had to give up on it.

In hindsight I bet you could climb that first ledge using Ultrahand + Recall shenanigans, but I don't think that would work on the next puzzle.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I've spent the whole time since release either in the sky or the depths, I've barely done anything on the surface. There was so much stuff to do just going from Lookout Landing to Foothill Stable. I wasn't sure if I never took this path in BOTW or what, but the landscape looked brand new.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Mr. Sharps posted:

The guy is built like a corgi and wears ultra low rise pants. Whoever designed him has a serious affinity for the male torso

The precedent was already set with Sidon, someone on the design team likes that torso-to-leg ratio

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

kidcoelacanth posted:

She looks like a reject JoJo character

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

The late Queen

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Just finished the South Lomei Labyrinth sequence. You guys were right, the reward is not worth the effort.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,

Khanstant posted:

Gloom eats all your yellow hearts in one tick. It's sundelion food that can remove the gloom hearts.

Also if you stick close and never let up except to dodge or block his telegraphed attacks, the gloom pool should stay small enough to not be that much of a bother.

I know all this; I just want food that refills my hearts. Phantom Ganon's attacks do normal damage, it's just the puddle by his feet that does Gloom damage, so hearty meals will do just fine.

Anybody know if Beedle's stock is consistent at each stable?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Lmao that (cutscene spoilers) from Ganondorf’s perspective he was fighting Rauru, Rauru said “someday Link will arrive to defeat you” and locked him in hand prison, ten thousand years went by in the blink of an eye and he woke up and immediately threw Link down a hole and got to proceed with… whatever he’s doing down there under the castle, I haven’t finished the game yet.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,

Nihonniboku posted:

Just finished the South Lomei Labyrinth sequence. You guys were right, the reward is not worth the effort.

The real reward is the content we experienced along the way.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If you want a fun and interesting challenge with a great reward, I recommend the stormy islands over Faron.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lol shrine spoilers the rhoomba proving grounds is so dumb I love it

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Finished the main story, good stuff. I'm probably nicer towards it than most, though I do agree it's a terrible idea to be able to do the Dragon Tears at any order. It'd probably work fine if the last one was saved until later, but since this is a linear story this time instead of random moments like BotW did with its Memories, it' be better if the order was enforced. At least I caught Impa talking about the murals depicting the Tears order so Imgot those knocked down.

As for the final boss stuff, I didn't mind how generally easy it was. Hell, the last fight was simply a cinematic cutscene like BotW's final horseback battle, but it was still cool in that it was still between Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf, just with, uh, different circumstances.

I do kinda hope they end the BotW storyline here and move on to some new iteration of the story. Sticking to two games max per "era" works pretty well, and while it was cool as hell to get a time jump to see how much has changed since BotW, I think we've gotten what we can from this cast. I'm cool with whether or not the next major Zelda is open world, I love it personally but think it'd also be cool if Nintendo took the open world concept to another franchise for next-gen and went back to trad Zelda for awhile.

Anyway I'm sure I'll still put in ten of more hours exploring and dicking around. This game loving owns and lived up to the hype.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Cece owns so much. I love the swish noise whenever she vogues and picture that it's her actually making that sound aloud.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I was pretty stoned and played the first 3 hours of the game in handheld form on an airplane so I wasn’t really paying attention to the Energy Well construct (because I had no charges) or the fact that the statue I took a picture of was pretty important.

I grew frustrated at the fact that I couldn’t expand my battery belt or find my way around the depths simply because I didn’t pay attention and didn’t follow the statue chain. Basic poo poo.

Depths are way way more fun with just this basic info.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I have a dumb story question. Major spoilers.

Is there some chart or whatever about where the secret stones end up? The four sages are obvious, but Zelda brings her own and I don't remember how she got that one, or what happens with Rauru's (though it was probably shown in the tutorial and I just forgot). Also, does that mean the three main dragons from BotW also did the forbidden thing, and if so what happened to those stones?

Just curious more than anything.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Mega64 posted:

Is there some chart or whatever about where the secret stones end up? The four sages are obvious, but Zelda brings her own and I don't remember how she got that one, or what happens with Rauru's (though it was probably shown in the tutorial and I just forgot). Also, does that mean the three main dragons from BotW also did the forbidden thing, and if so what happened to those stones?

Sage's Stones: Locked in their respective temples until the new sages eventually claim them.
Zelda's: Was originally Sonia's. Falls off Dehydrated Ganondorf in the intro of the game and Zelda picks it up before all the poo poo goes down. It's what amplified her innate time powers and poofed her to the past. So yeah technically time paradox bullshit since the one stone duplicates.
Rauru: ??? I'm not all the way through the game so I don't actually know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mega64 posted:

rauru apparently had a bunch of stones in a cabinet somewhere that he just parceled out at will, zelda was probably given one when he and sonia accepted her into their court. rauru's stone is a no-show, probably it was vaporized with the rest of him during the sealing process

the draconification rumors had to start somewhere so assumedly the three dragons were transformed zonai whose origins were lost to antiquity, but the game's not interested in exploring that further