Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol that clothes are now a "larger ticket item" like TVs or electronics

stampeding over elderly people to purchase a pair of jorts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

maybe if you know a local pig farmer and get it freshly butchered but in general eating pigs is deeply immoral anyway

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

Trump admin got rid of all pig safety rules

you should never eat pork in the USA

Joe Biden could revert those rules since they were just executive decree but he will not lmao

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The other olds & I have resorted to going shopping at different stores for different types of food 3-4x/week, like we're french villagers or something only with supermarket parking lots.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

yeah, if you're stupid

we've already established that they're apple customers

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

good think i gave up all amerimeats a few years ago

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Feeling pretty smug rn that I can't remember the last time I had beef.

edit: but maybe it was recently and the mad cow has actually eaten into my brain already.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PoundSand posted:

surprisingly I feel like beer has been the most recession proof. Soda is soon gonna cost as much as domestic lagers.

Xaris pointed it out the last time we had foodchat but beer/liquor is insanely competitive and if a brand raises their prices customers will just immediately switch to something else.

Soda has been getting away with raising prices because like 80% of soda brands are owned by Coca-Cola or PepsiCo. But I suspect if prices remain on these insane climbs (today I saw a 12-pack going for $12. To compare, I grabbed a 12-pack microbrew for $16) we'll start seeing a lot more DIY soda pop.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you don’t even need soda unlike alcohol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

Xaris pointed it out the last time we had foodchat but beer/liquor is insanely competitive and if a brand raises their prices customers will just immediately switch to something else.

Soda has been getting away with raising prices because like 80% of soda brands are owned by Coca-Cola or PepsiCo. But I suspect if prices remain on these insane climbs (today I saw a 12-pack going for $12. To compare, I grabbed a 12-pack microbrew for $16) we'll start seeing a lot more DIY soda pop.
yup.

although I think Pepsi is trying to take advantage of Coke jacking up prices since they aren't as up as coke is.

e: complimentary shrinkflation, from my big shrinkflation post if anyone hasn't seen it yet. The 24-pack is dead lol

Xaris has issued a correction as of 01:11 on May 22, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
A 6 pack of hamm's tall boys is still $6.
:hehe:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

JamesKPolk posted:

used or fresh? neither good just wondering if things are rotting in transit or being bathed in ammonia cleaner

american chickens are disinfected with chlorine

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

euphronius posted:

you should never eat in the USA

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

like you literally have to be insanely stupid to lose something for good when your phone has a "find my X" feature that can mark its location on the map for you

they get destroyed within minutes

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

euphronius posted:

maybe if you know a local pig farmer and get it freshly butchered but in general eating pigs is deeply immoral anyway

have u tried something known as le bacon, good sir

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
incredibly glad i quit soda as a teenager

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jolly Good is where it's at :cool:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

anime was right posted:

incredibly glad i quit soda as a teenager
same. it also helps that literally only soda i've ever unheathily liked was Mountain Dew (it's my mormon genetic heritage, as a defacto utah-ian I simply can't resist), which isn't really that widely available compared to coke so it's pretty easy.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Jolly Good is where it's at :cool:

that looks good tho

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Whenever I visit the US I buy a Bang energy to stimulate the economy and my heart

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

SKULL.GIF posted:

it just surprises me cause 99% of beer is anh Busch or miller coors too, even the “micros” we love get bought out p quick when they start to turn relevant. I dunno as much about spirits but if someone told me they’re all diff labels owned by the same 2-3 parent companies it would absolutely not surprise me either.

it feels like it should be the same as the Pepsi or Coke situation but I guess there are enough rotating upstarts that the grip isn’t so tight.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Zesty posted:

An AI can't replace Feinstein. There's no way it's smart enough to properly inside-trade.

They'll strap her into the God-Emperor's throne and wire it directly to the NYSE mainframe.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I made 32 slices of pizza for 20$ this weekend

that is the best I can do. maybe get it down to 18. that is with mushrooms as a topping

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

The other olds & I have resorted to going shopping at different stores for different types of food 3-4x/week, like we're french villagers or something only with supermarket parking lots.

What do the olds think about the debt ceiling?

euphronius posted:

that is the best I can do. maybe get it down to 18. that is with mushrooms as a topping

A slice of pizza is a meaningless measurement, this is madness.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

2 slices is more or less one meal is how I see it

so 16 meals for 20$

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

so 16 meals for 20$

I ate six slices of homemade pizza yesterday

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

euphronius posted:

Have you tried making the slices smaller

Just cut it up a few more times

Anyways the real solution to everyones food woes is Walmart+, drop prime for it and just feast on nothing but great value knockoffs + frozen veggies

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think 8 slices is the natural pie cut

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

euphronius posted:

It's 6

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

JamesKPolk posted:

used or fresh? neither good just wondering if things are rotting in transit or being bathed in ammonia cleaner
yeah im sure it’s the ammonia cleaner. don’t try to cook it out :science:

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

silicone thrills posted:

Feeling pretty smug rn that I can't remember the last time I had beef.

edit: but maybe it was recently and the mad cow has actually eaten into my brain already.

mad covid disease

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

euphronius posted:

Idgaf how you cut it but you measure the diameter

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

that last thing you raise prices on in a recession is alcohol

subsidize the poo poo out of them to prevent panic/early food riots

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
lmao literally no one is talking about raising taxes

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

euphronius posted:

so 16 meals for 20$

That doesn't mean anything to me, I don't know you! Just tell us the diameter.

kik2dagroin posted:

Everybody knows not to bother pretending.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

kaxman posted:

Idgaf how you cut it but you measure the diameter

the diameter is 2 slices

caelxii
Jun 20, 2003

Raising taxes would be DOA so we shouldn’t even try *immideatly caves to all Republican demands

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Oglethorpe posted:

bad news about the fish

:smith:

So how much bean diversity do I need?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
lower the debt ceiling, peg the dollar to the dogecoin and mint the trillion coin.

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

i am harry posted:

im here to talk about the problems not to propose a solution

Ha good answer :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

kik2dagroin posted:

democrats are raising sales taxes, what are you complaining about. plenty of tax hikes to be had, on the bottom percentile