Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I saw dune through shigawire imprint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

waiting for the solido tri-D home release

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

euphronius posted:

I saw dune through shigawire imprint

Lucky. I just got the distrans release implanted in me.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Shageletic posted:

Stilgar pouring over YouTube analytics

The Zabulon computations!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

sebmojo posted:

Did anyone see Dunc on IMAX? It comes out on my birthday, I'm hatching plans within plans

thrice, but it was lieMAX, not laser version

still huge and mega loud

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

skasion posted:

The Zabulon computations!

That sounds like something out of Hitchhiker's Guide.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Cacator posted:

Is Paco "the Beast" Rabanne actually doing costuming for the movie? If so they should definitely release a melange scented cologne as movie tie-in merch.

Eau de Sietch

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Flakey posted:

"Too late"

- waterfat kanly victim

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

- waterfat kanly victim

May thy knife chip and shatter!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Flakey posted:

May thy knife chip and shatter!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Three times over here

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

May thy wife drip and chatter

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

the Lynch Dune version is so intense and earnest. I love it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lET1UzEc9Gg

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
“Sire, I came with the Zabulon computations,” Stilgar said.

“Downvote the Zabulon computations!” Paul snapped, using the obscene Fremen term which meant that here was content no man could demean himself by viewing.

“M’Lord!”

“Stilgar,” Paul said, “you urgently need a sense of balance which can come only from an understanding of long-term analytics. What little information we have about the old streams, the pittance of data which Twitch left us, Korba has brought it for you. Start with the Pewdiepie.” “Pewdie . . . Pie? Was he of the YouTube, m’Lord?” “Oh, long before that. He streamed to . . . perhaps four million.”

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Jesus In A Can posted:

“Downvote the Zabulon computations!” Paul snapped, using the obscene Fremen term which meant that here was content no man could demean himself by viewing.

“M’Lord!”

“Stilgar,” Paul said, “you urgently need a sense of balance which can come only from an understanding of long-term analytics. What little information we have about the old streams, the pittance of data which Twitch left us, Korba has brought it for you. Start with the Pewdiepie.” “Pewdie . . . Pie? Was he of the YouTube, m’Lord?” “Oh, long before that. He streamed to . . . perhaps four million.”
:ibadpop:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Jesus In A Can posted:

“M’Lord!”

Bi lal kaifa

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Jesus In A Can posted:

“M’Lord!”

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Jesus In A Can posted:

“M’Lord!”

What up my fedaykinos and fedaykinas, it's ya boy Muad'Dab_42069 and today we are TR-TR-TROLLING KORBAAAA *lovely reggaeton horns*

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Bubblyblubber posted:

What up my fedaykinos and fedaykinas, it's ya boy Muad'Dab_42069 and today we are TR-TR-TROLLING KORBAAAA *lovely reggaeton horns*

I want to place a generational curse upon ye, but I don't actually know how

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Tree Bucket posted:

I want to place a generational curse upon ye, but I don't actually know how

Ya Ya Yawm!

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Bene Gesserit ASMR streams

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I'm single and ready to mingle my water

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

someone needs to make a Fremen dating app

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Sietchr

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

You turn it on and it shows 12 matches withing 5 meters, but around you there's nothing but empty sand dunes. Confused, you turn around and never feel the blade taking your water for the tribe.

Spicr working as intended.

fuckingtest
Mar 31, 2001

Just evolving, you know?
Right Here, Right Now.

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

So, in any of the DUNE novels, do the Fremen refer to a golden shower as either being the ultimate beefswelling? Or is grounds for instant murder? or...both? I just fired up ChatGPT and need some details on this.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

fuckingtest posted:

So, in any of the DUNE novels, do the Fremen refer to a golden shower as either being the ultimate beefswelling? Or is grounds for instant murder? or...both? I just fired up ChatGPT and need some details on this.

*in hushed tones* He gives water to the Piss Pig!!

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Why bother with dating when you can just get spice high and precog your future partner. Might even skip straight to breaking up, imagine the time saved.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Flinger posted:

Why bother with dating when you can just get spice high and precog your future partner. Might even skip straight to breaking up, imagine the time saved.

gives a whole new meaning to speed dating.

several even, depending on which definition of "speed" you're using

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Someone photoshop the beavis "He never scored" pic for Leto II :haw:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

One sentence was all Frank needed to make the imagination of Fremen life bearable. Upon entering the sietch the fremen stripped and were blasted with a highly effecient steam cleaning system in the water-sealed entry hatch which wasted no water but made sietch life worth living and not smell like poo poo caked sour garbage.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Usul, close the stilldoor, you're letting the stank out!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the way humans adapt to stuff, that stank would become sacred and/or comforting so i say no steam showers, but even more implication that poo poo is indeed really wack to our water-fat senses

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Goon scent proves irresistible to Fremen women (and men)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I've said before I'm p sure Fremen life is only bearable because they're all at least a little bit high all the drat time.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Pissing in the deathstill is showing respect to the fallen, an ancient fremen custom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
welcome to sietch Tabr, do drink the bong water