Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

seiferguy posted:

As a Seattleite: cedar plank salmon is bad

Man, WA misses out on some major chains.

Yeah I don't half the chains yall talk about in here. Don't know what a Culver's is and have never been to a waffle house. But I do want to go to waffle.house just to say I've gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Culver's is an above-average burger chain, started in the Midwest but is making a big southeastern push, their big gimmick is cheese curds, custards, and "Butterburgers" (they do not actually contain butter)

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Culvers also has the frozen custard in a variety of delicious flavors.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

GD_American posted:

Culver's is an above-average burger chain, started in the Midwest but is making a big southeastern push, their big gimmick is cheese curds, custards, and "Butterburgers" (they do not actually contain butter)

The buns are spread with butter and toasted :colbert:

Any midwesterners going to bring up the cheap Kwik Trip doughnuts?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

trip report: it was a movie

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I expected the Nuggets to do what they're doing, I absolutely did not expect the Heat to do what they appear to be doing.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

GD_American posted:

If you're not getting the pork tenderloin sandwich at Culver's, you're probably doing it wrong.

Also Miami :popeye:

Bucks' ex-coach has to be feeling pretty salty for getting fired now

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Grittybeard posted:

I expected the Nuggets to do what they're doing, I absolutely did not expect the Heat to do what they appear to be doing.

It's wild. I figured the Heat was going to be more competitive than what everyone was predicting, but way things are going, Celtics might get swept

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
never forget lol

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1658119814936666112

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Knew that the Heat were up going into the half, checked the score just now and Jesus gently caress me

I wonder if my actual Sixers fan friends are pissed or happy

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I will fight anyone that besmirches Culver’s, a Butterburger Deluxe and a Root Beer hits like no other fast food

Every single fuckin one of them around here has a 15 car line and packed lobby any time after Noon right up until they close though :mad:

E: also their flavors of the day are always fire, tres leches cheesecake custard cmon

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I've played enough XCOM to know this isn't an own

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

After game two, Boston was still given a 75% chance to win the series.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

If you're not getting the pork tenderloin sandwich at Culver's, you're probably doing it wrong.

If I ever make a trip to Indianapolis to see speedy race cars I’m saving my pork tenderloin tokens for the Workingman’s Friend because that’s what Robin Miller would’ve wanted.

I haven’t been close enough to a Waffle House to justify stopping by one on a trip, but that’s a requirement as well.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Fifty Three posted:

I've played enough XCOM to know this isn't an own

I appreciate this

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Gonna be a sweet evening watching another Boston team get booted out of the the playoffs thanks to a Miami team dominating

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Lol, so I guess that small lineup they were going to tonight that they were touting pre game didn't work out

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The best thing about that random stat is they have absolutely no methodology to it that they've published. It's garbage like ESPN and all advanced stats.

I hate the Heat but death to Boston go Denver.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

swickles posted:

After game two, Boston was still given a 75% chance to win the series.

The announcers said that the FanDuel spread was 4.5 for the Celtics at the start of this game.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

The best thing about that random stat is they have absolutely no methodology to it that they've published. It's garbage like ESPN and all advanced stats.

I hate the Heat but death to Boston go Denver.

Not a fan of the Heat either, but Cody Zeller is a former long-time Hornet so I can at least cheer for him.

The way the Heat and Panthers are playing right now, Miami might have two teams celebrating championship wins in a few weeks. Has that ever happened before?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Shinji2015 posted:

Not a fan of the Heat either, but Cody Zeller is a former long-time Hornet so I can at least cheer for him.

The way the Heat and Panthers are playing right now, Miami might have two teams celebrating championship wins in a few weeks. Has that ever happened before?

Lakers and Dodgers in 2020

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Ugh I made shrimp to satisfy a shrimp lust I haven't had in years and have missed out on cool sports poo poo.

Also the best Seattle fast food is pho. My sister and her friend were up last week and really didn't know that Dicks was burger place and thought our mom and I were gonna get weird.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The taco truck that I make a 40 minute round trip to go to just opened one down the road from me. I'm in big, big trouble

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rectal Placenta posted:

The buns are spread with butter and toasted :colbert:

Any midwesterners going to bring up the cheap Kwik Trip doughnuts?

Quicktrip?

I miss them so much

Especially the shake machine

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
also the best place in Seattle of for fried chicken is the Shell gas station on Beacon Hill. My friend stopped there to pick some up when I was visiting with my girlfriend who was house sitting for rich people with Anne Rice interior design taste and it was perfect for sitting on a dock asking why they kept an empty bird cage with dead parrot feathers in their living room.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Got super baked super early and went for a drive with the wife and the kids (wife drove haha) got some pink box donuts and stopped by Taco Bell for a breakfast sausageCrunch Wrap that I’ve been wanting to try for a long time. Got a couple hash browns for like $3 that would have cost around $10 at mcds and they were super crispy. Cruised around the lake and it finally rained after a week of teasing. Good rear end weekend

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

The taco truck that I make a 40 minute round trip to go to just opened one down the road from me. I'm in big, big trouble

Is that the one you recommended before?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

harperdc posted:

If I ever make a trip to Indianapolis to see speedy race cars I’m saving my pork tenderloin tokens for the Workingman’s Friend because that’s what Robin Miller would’ve wanted.

That's a good spot

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

kiimo posted:

Quicktrip?

Kwik Trip is a different chain. Also known for their 3 for $1 roller hot dogs back in the day.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Intruder posted:

It sounds like the Milwaukee city council is passing rules restricting food trucks even more, which is bullshit if you ask me. I’m not sure how food trucks work in other major cities, but here they have to be tied to a brick and mortar building with certain amenities (IE an already existing restaurant or bar, which makes running a food truck here more difficult than loading up a box truck with a couple of grills cambros and coolers)

Now they’re proposing time limits, none can be out past 1AM (fine, but bars close at 2AM so ???) and they’re setting a trial run with zones and capping the limit of trucks that can operate in a zone at once. So now they’re all gonna be fighting over each other, and I gotta say, the last thing I’ve ever thought in my life being in Milwaukee is “Man, there are just TOO MANY food trucks here!”

Also they’re proposing minimum distances from drive through windows, which sounds like a weak rear end attempt at protecting restaurants while only protecting non-local chain fast food restaurants, again ???

Thanks for coming to my food truck rant, go buy some tacos at your local food truck

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/peter_yi/status/1659746584027082752?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Lakers and Dodgers in 2020

Whoops, forgot that happened.

T-Square posted:

It sounds like the Milwaukee city council is passing rules restricting food trucks even more, which is bullshit if you ask me. I’m not sure how food trucks work in other major cities, but here they have to be tied to a brick and mortar building with certain amenities (IE an already existing restaurant or bar, which makes running a food truck here more difficult than loading up a box truck with a couple of grills cambros and coolers)

Now they’re proposing time limits, none can be out past 1AM (fine, but bars close at 2AM so ???) and they’re setting a trial run with zones and capping the limit of trucks that can operate in a zone at once. So now they’re all gonna be fighting over each other, and I gotta say, the last thing I’ve ever thought in my life being in Milwaukee is “Man, there are just TOO MANY food trucks here!”

Also they’re proposing minimum distances from drive through windows, which sounds like a weak rear end attempt at protecting restaurants while only protecting non-local chain fast food restaurants, again ???

Thanks for coming to my food truck rant, go buy some tacos at your local food truck

Really sounds like the Milwaukee city council hates food trucks. Are there people on the council who are restaurant owners?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

Whoops, forgot that happened.

Really sounds like the Milwaukee city council hates food trucks. Are there people on the council who are restaurant owners?

This is partially protecting restaurants

It's also a municipality trying to stretch anti-litter ordinances into entire rear end regulatory bodies. Banning trucks from 1-6 AM doesn't exactly stop the drunkenness but it might reduce clutter!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Chicago has been anti food trucks for a long time. They didn’t even exist until like 10 years ago, and they’re still pretty tightly regulated. We can thank Alderman Tom Tunney (who owns an Ann Sather’s restaurant) for that.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

T-Square posted:

This sounds dumb. So many restaurants on Austin have started as food trucks, some growing into fairly large chains.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Culvers used to have buffalo chicken tenders that had spicy breading like a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich, and it was a real sad day when they dropped them from the menu.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The food truck culture is of course thriving in LA who encourages many brick and mortar businesses to also be cars out on the highways whenever possible.

Not that I'm complaining I love food trucks. As long as their portions match their cost which is rare. gently caress spending $30 for a lobster roll that is like two bites and you're done

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Best LA food truck is the guy selling mountains of Tamales out of the trunk of a 92 Corolla

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
A story in 3 pictures.

My son was absolutely jacked to land that Pike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Forrest on Fire posted:

This is partially protecting restaurants

It's also a municipality trying to stretch anti-litter ordinances into entire rear end regulatory bodies. Banning trucks from 1-6 AM doesn't exactly stop the drunkenness but it might reduce clutter!

Lmao at this article citing the food trucks as a direct contributor to an increase in crime on Water St. Everyone I know has avoided going out drinking on Water St for as long as I can remember because it’s always a poo poo show.