Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Hey, not harping on this derail or anything, but I’m having a really boring evening and all of my posting friends and frenemies being probated would make it even lamer.

The chat thread is right over there for everyone to enjoy their hating in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Dick Fontaine posted:

Hey, not harping on this derail or anything, but I’m having a really boring evening and all of my posting friends and frenemies being probated would make it even lamer.

The chat thread is right over there for everyone to enjoy their hating in.

This guy too

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Stux posted:

its because im right

So much win

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Thinking I’ll be sticking to the serious software forum from now on. It seems heckdumps decayed throwouts and their hanger ons are in the precipice of running the asylum. I would look forward to some kind of “comedy workshop” from the guys who weren’t funny enough to move to twitter a decade ago. Some of the usernames alone crack me up

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
smugworht was the one who brought up gbs needing more mods btw. Enjoy.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
okay but seriously lol *sits on chair backwards to appear cool* gbs needs more active mods

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

okay but seriously lol *sits on chair backwards to appear cool* gbs needs more active mods

THIS freakin style of posting! So much win. Not to mention the endless posting about video games and doxxxing speaks to a certain Je ne sais qua. You have my axe, and my sword. Make one of the mentally insane fyad hanger ons from the pyf thread mod of gbs. I will take my leave

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
im doxxing you as we speak.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
stux is the classic example of some random poster who posts about dweeb poo poo in Games or whatever and comes into SAD and GBS and just intentionally stirs up drama because they are pathetic turds.

yawn.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Stux posted:

im doxxing you as we speak.

Careful gene will word search this and probe you lol.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

stux is the classic example of some random poster who posts about dweeb poo poo in Games or whatever and comes into SAD and GBS and just intentionally stirs up drama because they are pathetic turds.

yawn.

Stux, doctor aids, 16 bit butthead, and all those other hilarious guys should be mods of GBS imo

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Chat thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4030048

Take it there.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

im gay

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

So how does one find more moderators for a forum with such varied topics as this? Most threads are trying to make other people laugh (or just to get attention) and there are some Very Serious threads and the tone and participants are all over the board.

Like taking it on good faith that the SAD thread is actually "about" there needing to be more mods here*, that's something I can get behind, but I wouldn't know who to point to. I'm for sure not a "forum regular" despite reading lots of different threads here for years. Who is the right combination of responsible and fun to take care of Things Wot Need Taken Care Of without becoming a tinpot dictator? If you were going to describe them, what would they do as a poster that make you think "they could help?"

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Tricky Ed posted:

So how does one find more moderators for a forum with such varied topics as this? Most threads are trying to make other people laugh (or just to get attention) and there are some Very Serious threads and the tone and participants are all over the board.

Like taking it on good faith that the SAD thread is actually "about" there needing to be more mods here*, that's something I can get behind, but I wouldn't know who to point to. I'm for sure not a "forum regular" despite reading lots of different threads here for years. Who is the right combination of responsible and fun to take care of Things Wot Need Taken Care Of without becoming a tinpot dictator? If you were going to describe them, what would they do as a poster that make you think "they could help?"

I'm probably in the minority here in that I think that most posters are being sincere in their desires to make the forums a Better Place to Post, so this is a good question imo.

Mod Solefad if she'll take it, mod Tarquinn.

Other than that, idk, give forum IKs access to forum reports I guess but that's general forum feedback and not really on topic here

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

MuadDib Atreides posted:

THIS freakin style of posting! So much win. Not to mention the endless posting about video games and doxxxing speaks to a certain Je ne sais qua. You have my axe, and my sword. Make one of the mentally insane fyad hanger ons from the pyf thread mod of gbs. I will take my leave

It's "je ne sais quoi," my friend

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Nooner posted:

im gay

Hi gay, I'm Dad.

If we do need mods, I agree we should get some more immediately. Since Seth is the active mod, im sure he has a good idea who he'd like to help him? Is this happening or going to committee?

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

ddinkins posted:

It's "je ne sais quoi," my friend

majin_sasuke
Oct 9, 2021

https://soundcloud.com/majinsasuke/feedback-for-gbs-mods

👉👈

Ik edit: this link goes to a loud microphone feedback noise so audio warning. Good bit though - KC

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:23 on May 22, 2023

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Karma Comedian posted:

I'm probably in the minority here in that I think that most posters are being sincere in their desires to make the forums a Better Place to Post, so this is a good question imo.

Possibly, but for a lot of them their suggestions are "make this sub functionally identical to another already existing sub", which is very stupid, and also their general hostility and obnoxiousness casts shadow over their internet. Ultimately, why should the working of a sub be dictated by the people least likely to use it and most irrationally offended by its existence.

Fwiw i think Aardvark's attitude of live and let live is correct, there's no need to persecute harmless weirdos, which seems to be the current angle of the abolish GBS movement, it's part of the local Kolorit

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 08:02 on May 22, 2023

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Possibly, but for a lot of them their suggestions are "make this sub functionally identical to another already existing sub", which is very stupid, and also their general hostility and obnoxiousness casts shadow over their internet. Ultimately, why should the working of a sub be dictated by the people least likely to use it and most irrationally offended by its existence.

Fwiw i think Aardvark's attitude of live and let live is correct, there's no need to persecute harmless weirdos, which seems to be the current angle of the abolish GBS movement, it's part of the local Kolorit

There do seem to be a few people carrying weird posting grudges and a couple of shitposters who try to stir things up for drama, but I try to avoid using the same big brush, as it were.

I agree with Solefad and others. I think GBS could use more active mods. I think Seth does a lot of the heavy lifting and I feel that it isn't really fair to have the moderation of the busiest subforum on the site be resting on two or three people.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Thinking I’ll be sticking to the serious software forum from now on. It seems heckdumps decayed throwouts and their hanger ons are in the precipice of running the asylum. I would look forward to some kind of “comedy workshop” from the guys who weren’t funny enough to move to twitter a decade ago. Some of the usernames alone crack me up

oh poo poo could not of guessed you were a software guy

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Karma Comedian posted:

Mod Solefad if she'll take it, mod Tarquinn.

Other than that, idk, give forum IKs access to forum reports I guess but that's general forum feedback and not really on topic here

You’re wrong about the sincerity but whatever.

In any case, Tarquinn would be fine as a mod but Solefald has openly said they “don’t get” GBS.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

In any case, Tarquinn would be fine as a mod but Solefald has openly said they “don’t get” GBS.

i'm sincere

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

If I'm wrong, no real harm done in letting individual posters get themselves probed.

Who else would you suggest, if not Solefad?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

where is the gbs mod signup thread

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I would like to nominate both hot cocoa on the clout and smugworth

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I've heard the name Smugworth floated quite a bit

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Yeah Smugworth did ask for it over and over again and the consensus was no.

I support cocoa on the clout though I would be an interesting decent into madness and I'm curious if buttons would drive them insane.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Cocoa clout doesn’t post on the weekends though as I believe they have some sort of “social life” which may not satisfy the requirements of Article 69, Section 420b of the Code.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Fine, I'll do it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Wendigee posted:

I think the logs need to be pulled on who made those votes. Seems to be an open and shut case of clear voter fraud.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I volunteer to be a mod of GBS

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Cocoa clout doesn’t post on the weekends though as I believe they have some sort of “social life” which may not satisfy the requirements of Article 69, Section 420b of the Code.

How could I forget about the Friday thread fiasco.. smh

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I vote for nom epique purely for the absolute seething rage it will induce amongst some of the more sensitive posters.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I vote for nom epique purely for the absolute seething rage it will induce amongst some of the more sensitive posters.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

SAD jackals hootin and hollerin, we gotta do something folks.

can you not see this place is a mess? an unmoderated hellscape that undermines all of the new user growth initiatives jeffrey is pouring his life's energy into day in and day out.

it took days for a gross furry j/o thread to result in a perma, unacceptable, not the kind of service i paid my :10bux: for.

hate to say it but a knee jerk appointment of new mods is the only way out of the hole. i'm seeing the name smugworth a lot, might be worth a look.

also if you need a scapegoat to ban, i recommend the user whose only contribution to this forum is spree posting contextless youtube music video links in whatever thread is at the top of the heap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Wendigee posted:

I support cocoa on the clout though I would be an interesting decent into madness and I'm curious if buttons would drive them insane.

Hm, there appears to be quite the buzz around this Smug Worth cat