Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

haveblue posted:

I wouldn’t expect Last Wish to get a major revamp, just red borders and perk refreshes and an origin trait like DSC. Vault and KF had to be ported to the D2 environment and sandbox so they may as well throw in some tweaks

I don’t even think we can count on them giving us a doodad to purchase drops from at the end, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Roctavian posted:

I don’t even think we can count on them giving us a doodad to purchase drops from at the end, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed

Oh I’m sure the 15th wish will be for a guaranteed red drop

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Oh I’m sure the 15th wish will be for a guaranteed red drop

that would be a pretty LOL implementation and might make some lore nerds mad but i support it

They do have the thing you deposit at the end maybe they can make the chest? or just pick one of the 50 chests in the room and thats the special one? add a glow?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I always thought the 15th wish was like, the act of doing the raid? Like. That's the Last Wish. You killing Riven.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The 15th wish was the friends we made along the way

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

MJeff posted:

I always thought the 15th wish was like, the act of doing the raid? Like. That's the Last Wish. You killing Riven.

Correct, specifically it’s Savathun’s wish to take the Dreaming City.

Speaking of worms:

https://twitter.com/destinythegame/status/1660661825682259968?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

“Premieres in 23 hours” so I guess they’re going to keep loving that trailers-on-the-day-of chicken.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So wait it's actually gonna be like 2 hours before server reset/launch?

Hopefully some other country leaks it like it happened in Season of the Haunted

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yep. This is Bungie experimenting with how little detailed marketing they have to do to drive a new season

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
In fairness they’ve already told us a LOT in TWABs.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The teaser + the gifs of the 3 new strand aspects in action = the typical season trailer anyway

Last year when they did this same thing for Haunted (no trailer, not even a whisper of what planet we were going to) they later explained it as "a trailer can be summarized and critiqued and we want the season itself to be what people are experiencing"

Or in other words, "a brief summary of this season would have sounded like poo poo lol"

It smacks of low confidence but you can also visit any of the usual leak sources if you want to know what the rewards and activities are!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The teaser + the gifs of the 3 new strand aspects in action = the typical season trailer anyway

Last year when they did this same thing for Haunted (no trailer, not even a whisper of what planet we were going to) they later explained it as "a trailer can be summarized and critiqued and we want the season itself to be what people are experiencing"

Or in other words, "a brief summary of this season would have sounded like poo poo lol"

It smacks of low confidence but you can also visit any of the usual leak sources if you want to know what the rewards and activities are!

TBF, that season was pretty boring.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Imo there's always enough set pieces in a season to make a great sizzle reel. Haunted had solar 3.0, returned leviathan + Calus (set up in risen), Sever missions, Duality dungeon, etc. Heck if the trailer was just "austringer and beloved being crafted" people would have flipped.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I loved the Eris Morn: Space Therapist Extraordinare season. Nightmare Containment was boring as gently caress though.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Hackan Slash posted:

Imo there's always enough set pieces in a season to make a great sizzle reel. Haunted had solar 3.0, returned leviathan + Calus (set up in risen), Sever missions, Duality dungeon, etc. Heck if the trailer was just "austringer and beloved being crafted" people would have flipped.

Did everyone forget that there was in fact a trailer, it very much did show Austringer and Beloved, and people lost their poo poo?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Did everyone forget that there was in fact a trailer, it very much did show Austringer and Beloved, and people lost their poo poo?

The trailer was meant to go live with the season just like tomorrow, but it leaked early from like Brazil or something. And it was still only a few hours before go-time. It was the most radio silent they'd ever been about a season!

Also the season sucked, IMHO. I think they're showing more of Deep because they have SOME confidence in it, but Haunted was all cards close to the table because they knew it was a dead man's hand

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yes, there was a haunted trailer- one day in advance. Which is technically more than we're getting here, but not exactly the multi-stage marketing people seem to want

True blind drops only used to happen when there was also a big plot twist, Season of the Lost I think did that

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
I could use a trailer to plan my outfit. Is this going to be grubby Titan oil rig low fantasy or philosophical Titan depths high fantasy?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm going in with my normal impeccable style (colorblind clown)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I have no idea what I want my theme to be for this season; I'm strongly considering not even changing from my Guardian Games outfit, it's very strong.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Hoping for new exotic armors this season, but with all the reworks being done, that's more than likely a no

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

hiddenriverninja posted:

Hoping for new exotic armors this season, but with all the reworks being done, that's more than likely a no

1x for each class!

Slot and a rough description of what they do can be found at the usual sources, but there are adjacent content / story spoilers

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/DestinyBulletn/status/1660692311528058881?s=20

TLOU fungus ghost :3:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tsushima warlocks is BULLSHIT

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Yeah, I've been playing a lot of Got Legends lately and would have loved 3 sets from it: Samurai Titan, Assassin Hunter and Ronin Warlock

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Once more Titans get screwed for fashion :v:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Where's the ghost shell that makes it look like my surly teenage son

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
When does the new season start?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
22 hours? so probably like 30+ to account for the servers being down and tie patch failing in spectacular ways

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It'll start 8 pm tomorrow when you can play without error codes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The expected season launch time is 10AM PST logins permitted, 11AM PST maintenance complete. They're giving themselves additional downtime headway this time in case something breaks (everyone gets kicked off shortly after 8AM) so maybe this time it won't extend into the evening, but yeah, they haven't exactly earned trust here lately

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Tomorrow's lost sector exotic is chest slot, so Titans will be able to get a brand new seasonal exotic armor piece

Tuck one in the postmaster today if you're so inclined! Much easier to earn them with artifact mods unlocked than tomorrow.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bloodborne is right there’s you’re literally a hunter in that game Sony come the gently caress on

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

it’s funny they used all the Sony exclusives nobody cares about and which suck poo poo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
So what the gently caress's up with my Defiant Engrams at the War Table!

Apparently they're all going POOF tomorrow, but then how the hell do I purchase Defiant Weapons at the HELM next season? Deep Engrams used by both vendors?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

So what the gently caress's up with my Defiant Engrams at the War Table!

Apparently they're all going POOF tomorrow, but then how the hell do I purchase Defiant Weapons at the HELM next season? Deep Engrams used by both vendors?

I'm trying to find a specific cite for this and haven't yet, but based on what they've said so far and how previous seasons have worked I'm expecting that the defiant battleground playlist becomes the only source of defiant engrams and keys in the game. Everything else, both the new activity and the ritual playlists, will drop deep engrams. So you can grind up to buying defiant gear, it'll just be far slower than it was when defiance was the current season

I'm also guessing that there won't be a "defiance enabler" item like there was for season 16-18, since there's no seasonal resource to earn other than defiant engrams and keys

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

I'm trying to find a specific cite for this and haven't yet, but based on what they've said so far and how previous seasons have worked I'm expecting that the defiant battleground playlist becomes the only source of defiant engrams and keys in the game. Everything else, both the new activity and the ritual playlists, will drop deep engrams. So you can grind up to buying defiant gear, it'll just be far slower than it was when defiance was the current season

I'm also guessing that there won't be a "defiance enabler" item like there was for season 16-18, since there's no seasonal resource to earn other than defiant engrams and keys

I will be rather miffed if they wipe out my defiant engrams to 0 and then they tell me to go earn some defiant engrams, not gonna lie!!

(It's a moot issue for people who got all the patterns already but I've just been buying my 1x guaranteed redframe a week and using my enormous pile of Defiant Engrams)

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I finally got my last pattern for the heavy gl yesterday, thank gently caress.

Not really feeling super warm and fuzzy about yet another season with no hype trailers.

[Drifter]: YOU JUST DROPPED FAT DUMPY ON THE ENTIRE PLAYERBASE! HOPE YOU'RE PROUD.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Hopefully the HELM bites it over Titan in a cutscene and we have one less glorified menu to load into.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I'm so happy that the season is over and amanda stayed dead. Enjoy the holiday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Bloodborne is right there’s you’re literally a hunter in that game Sony come the gently caress on

Sony doesn't care about Bloodborne, and at this point they expect the players not to care anymore either.