Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

HAM ON THE BONE posted:

I haven’t watched it all the way thru either but when I was watching the livestream last night he mentioned his pack being 40 pounds because of all the battery banks.

I just watched this part it’s insane how clueless he is.

When I first started watching this I had thought he was an actual hiker or mountaineer who was doing a bit. Realizing that this is his actual personality was an absolute mindfuck. At the 7:08 in this vod was when I began to realize this and any suspension of disbelief rapidly fell apart after that:
https://www.youtube.com/live/IcEC_iuED54?feature=share

Hahaha holy poo poo he literally just unscrewed it :aaa: Goddamn the noises he makes when the water hits him right in the face are perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Confusedslight posted:

At what point does someone need to contact some sort of authority over this dumbass?

Why would you do that?

:munch:

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Those two British hikers trying to be as polite as possible as they slowly realize the future train wreck this guy will cause is ... good lord. You can tell when they say you need rest days, our brave streamer is thinking, Nah, bruh, I'm special, bruh. Gonna get so many views, bruh. And the British hikers finally give up before they get dragged further into this mess.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Deptfordx posted:

Resting 60-100 is the normal range, 40-60 is more athlete level.

I had to do my fitness test as a big boi, alcoholic, smoker. I was on the exercise bike. My heart rate hit 200+ more than a couple times. After I passed (Woooo!), I had to lay down for like 45 minutes before I felt like I wasn't going to die.

Now, our good lad is sleeping. And the sun is out. Are the next 3 days of his stream just going to be sleeping?

as of now, it's a 14 hour sleep countdown. 0008gmt / zulu
so sometime around 2pm/gmt/z he should be up and awake
1000est.

10pm his local time, i used to be good at time zones, and I'm still pretty sure I hosed it up
So, like Noonish-EST
https://kick.com/iceposeidon

lol, i'm invested in this doofus now. Lord.
I like that a lot of people call him a goblin, that's always fun.

from the thread : "KushKrazy420: Paul Denino, better known as Ice Poseidon, is an American Internet personality, and live streamer, primarily of the video game Old School RuneScape and the IRL genre."
Seems like someone who should climb Everest.

Chief McHeath posted:

the random person this guy went up to and was like "i need a massage uh do you do massages" shoulda been like "yup," then pretend to start giving the massage then whip his rear end and take his poo poo

lol

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 22, 2023

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
the random person this guy went up to and was like "i need a massage uh do you do massages" shoulda been like "yup," then pretend to start giving the massage then whip his rear end and take his poo poo

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tunicate posted:

which is believed to be one of the reasons behind this hilarious chart

Kansas really putting in work on this one.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

A guy who had to learn to walk again TWICE and thought Everest was a good idea didn't make it.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-22/sa-adelaide-man-dies-on-mount-everest/102375832

quote:

Jason Kennison was climbing Mount Everest to raise money for Spinal Cord Injuries Australia.

He had needed to learn to walk again after being involved in a serious accident in 2006, and then again after surgical complications three years ago.

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Jumpsuit posted:

A guy who had to learn to walk again TWICE and thought Everest was a good idea didn't make it.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-22/sa-adelaide-man-dies-on-mount-everest/102375832

He died on the way down.

Quote from his sister: "we take great solace in knowing he made it to the summit. The highest place on this earth."

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
:frogsiren:ITS 9:15AM IN NEPAL AND ICE POSEIDON IS AWAKE:frogsiren:

https://www.youtube.com/live/SHNM5XyKsto?feature=share
:getin:

e: i am supremely envious of his view at breakfast

e2: he forgot to bring sunscreen

e3: today is a rest day, so he’s going to be exploring the town behind him all day (in 720p!!)

HAM ON THE BONE fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 22, 2023

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I just turned it on and he walked for a couple minutes and he's already got his friend to carry his pack for him

e] I think it's a rest day because he literally couldn't have kept going

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 22, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

HAM ON THE BONE posted:

e3: today is a rest day

Tragically competent decisionmaking.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Just hopped on hell yeah.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Poor sherpa looks so bored and over it

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
IP’s stream keeps going out but Deepak’s channel on kick has cows:

https://kick.com/deepak

e: nevermind, IP’s stream is back on and he’s about to get a massage (?)
e2:

HAM ON THE BONE fucked around with this message at 07:30 on May 22, 2023

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

HAM ON THE BONE posted:

e2: he forgot to bring sunscreen

"Brah! It's cold on the Mountain. Why would I need sunscreen?"

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

I just popped into the stream to see how he was doing. Some dude from Portland asked about his setup and how long he's been trekking, then makes his wise exit once our streamer notes he's three days in and will "probably, fuckin', helicotper out of base camp. I already walked up" and walking down would be boring, bruh.

Good call, Portland dude.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://kick.com/imjoel3004?clip=93234&

different dude gets drunk on the way to basecamp and passes out lol

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

HAM ON THE BONE posted:

I haven’t watched it all the way thru either but when I was watching the livestream last night he mentioned his pack being 40 pounds because of all the battery banks.

I just watched this part it’s insane how clueless he is.

When I first started watching this I had thought he was an actual hiker or mountaineer who was doing a bit. Realizing that this is his actual personality was an absolute mindfuck. At the 7:08 in this vod was when I began to realize this and any suspension of disbelief rapidly fell apart after that:
https://www.youtube.com/live/IcEC_iuED54?feature=share

e:

Go to 7:52 in the link above for a real treat

Lol when I did the Annapurna Circuit my pack was 10kgs (22lbs) and that was more than enough for me.

I can't believe he's struggling already and he's only at Namche, he isn't going to get anywhere near base camp.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
He just asked his guide Depak if he was lying and scamming because of some youtube-video that supposedly translates him and is surprised he's not taking this well, Poseidon desperately wants to end the conversation he started while the guide can't let it go (which is understandable).

Edit: turns out the guy was lying a bit to get an extra tip in the beginning

Kamrat fucked around with this message at 10:32 on May 22, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Is Ice Poseidon just walking to base camp, or is he going to attempt climb the mountain too? Please let it be the latter. Please.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

fuctifino posted:

Is Ice Poseidon just walking to base camp, or is he going to attempt climb the mountain too? Please let it be the latter. Please.

Nah, he's just going to base camp and then he's taking a helicopter back

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Kamrat posted:

Nah, he's just going to base camp and then he's taking a helicopter back

THERE IS NO GOD!

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Oh god now he's got an excuse to be on his high horse regarding Depak. This is like that one Everest documentary in which the Americans, AFTER SUMMITING, try to haggle about the tip to the Sherpas. My god, my dudes. One of your ice axes is more than all the tips. Just pay your loving Sherpas.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Oh nice. He's currently confronting Depak and Depak is not in the mood. "Don't show me!" Is Depak quitting? Depak ain't taking any poo poo from this guy. Stay strong, Depak.

edit; drat good point Depak is making. "This video is all over India." As in, Depak's reputation is fuuuuuucked. And the streamer is just sitting there like a kid waiting for the school bell to ring. Meanwhile the third guy is all nah bruh, you're a star now!

Nice Tuckpointing! fucked around with this message at 10:51 on May 22, 2023

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

He is doing the same thing POS salesmen do when they see the deal collapsing. Deflect, blame others. Make the mark feel like a bad person while claiming to be caring about them.

Oh gently caress the other guy. He interjects with, "You poor? How come you have nice phone!?!?"

And Depak explains how the phone is necessary for achieving his dreams. "My dream is to bang 10 women!" says the other guy.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

Oh gently caress the other guy. He interjects with, "You poor? How come you have nice phone!?!?"

Ah the classic "you can't be poor if you have a phone" argument

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Alan Smithee posted:

https://kick.com/imjoel3004?clip=93234&

different dude gets drunk on the way to basecamp and passes out lol

Lol he was in tears earlier and bailed on their 30 minute walk cos he was dying from his hangover.

Also even if Deepaks been scamming this moron he deserves even more just for putting up with him at all.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Skipping around the stream, and between perseverating on donkeys and annoying some British-sounding folks he was asking for supplemental oxygen.

ETA: He started pestering another sherpa about how he totally will be walking every day and he'll acclimatize faster that way. The sherpa replies that if he doesn't wait his risk "is 99%." Ice keeps pushing, and the sherpa throws up his hands and says, "hosed. You'll be hosed" and walks away.

Dienes fucked around with this message at 13:34 on May 22, 2023

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

is he actually hiking in those disgusting Nikes or are they his footwear for just cutting around on rest days?

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
eeasier ways to get high

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I keep reading the handle "REALiceposeidon" as Lice Poseidon.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

it seems the high wind warnings did not sway some against making attempts this weekend

https://thehimalayantimes.com/nepal/australian-engineer-dies-at-balcony-area-everest-death-toll-reaches-10-two-still-missing

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

“Psh, I’m not gonna let a little wind stop me; I paid $75,000 for this!”

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
He really is the typical obnoxious tourist, when asked how he feels about the danger he said he's not worried at all and his Sherpa would probably carry him down the mountain if it ever came to him passing out or getting altitude sickness so he couldn't stand on his own. Wish I had a timestamp but had the stream on in the background

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Kamrat posted:

his Sherpa would probably carry him down the mountain if it ever came to him passing out or getting altitude sickness so he couldn't stand on his own.

*Smash cut to close-up of expression on Sherpa's face*

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kamrat posted:

He really is the typical obnoxious tourist, when asked how he feels about the danger he said he's not worried at all and his Sherpa would probably carry him down the mountain if it ever came to him passing out or getting altitude sickness so he couldn't stand on his own. Wish I had a timestamp but had the stream on in the background

cut to alwayssummy theme

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

"The Gang learn about Frostbite Gangrene"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Is Ice Poser frozen yet

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Is the countdown timer going to expire before he gets up? Does he just go home if nobody new donates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

The X-man cometh posted:

Is the countdown timer going to expire before he gets up? Does he just go home if nobody new donates?

he's sleeping again. 24 minutes left of sleeping? I guess?
I'd mock that this is entertainment this day? But I'm watching it, so wtf knows
his sleep timer just reset. goddamnit, why am i being sucked into this poo poo shw

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 23, 2023