Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I've had a PS5 for years y'all are behind. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PS5 on launch day haver. :getin:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Also Ben Starr is a cool dude, very charming, his favorite ff is 8

https://twitter.com/The_Ben_Starr/status/1657843162214281216

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Gambit is 12 tho

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

clive fucks, you know it, i know it

I get more of a Kiryu vibe from him tbh

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

Gambit is 12 tho

They are two separate thoughts

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Terper posted:

Also Ben Starr is a cool dude, very charming, his favorite ff is 8

https://twitter.com/The_Ben_Starr/status/1657843162214281216

:yeshaha:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Terper posted:

Lore...!

My favorite thing about this image, is how easily readable this font is (IMO)

edit: The text in the bottom left and right is actually making my eyes physically hurt

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

:hai:

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

clive fucks, you know it, i know it

Clive will gently caress Jack

The ultimate fist bump

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Terper posted:

Mod gambits into FF8 imo

Or junctions into 12

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Terper posted:

impossible...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

HD DAD posted:

Clive will gently caress Jack

The ultimate fist bump

:yeshaha:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Clive and Jack: Best Friends? Bitter Rivals? Passionate Lovers?

Sources say, yes to all three. 😏

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

working on developing a crush on clive before the game comes out

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Previews drop a minute from now :hai:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryrezy48pOo

There's other vids and articles coming out, looks cool as hell, not cancelling my preorder. Life is good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Will there be a public demo we can play on PS5?

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

I said come in! posted:

Will there be a public demo we can play on PS5?
They did announce a demo that is the first part of the game with transferrable save data. No clue on when it's dropping, but maybe it will be during the big LA event a few weeks before release.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
drat, every trailer I see, I'm more convinced than ever that of all the ff games this one is definitely going to be one of them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Demo will mostly likely be 'available now' during the Sony direct on Wednesday.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tekne posted:

They did announce a demo that is the first part of the game with transferrable save data. No clue on when it's dropping, but maybe it will be during the big LA event a few weeks before release.

Thank you, I was wondering if I actually hallucinated that. I hope its this Wednesday.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yoshi-P said a month is too far between demo and release and to expect it sometime two weeks before release.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

For sure and I hope it's next week too.

This comment on one of the previews had me rolling.

quote:

Can you avoid or skip the strong romance scenes? I really really don't want soft core in my video games. I specifically didn't play Witcher, mass effect, or red dead because of these elements.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol I am sure there are people who have legitimate reasons for being uncomfortable with sex scenes in video games (or any media for that matter), but that person is likely not one of them.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

It gets even better. Man is clearly the dominant of Incelius on the down low.

quote:

is it only 3 minutes? Is it most of the game? Do I have some giant busty companion exposing herself every other mission? I don't know. I'd like to know. It's just a video game. There are so so many but I would rather protect my heart and soul then join in on worldly things. I am a huge final fantasy fan and have been excited for this game but I'll survive if I don't play.

and drinking. Everyone has their own vices. Just because mine is different than yours isn't wrong. And it certainly isn't wrong to decided to protect yourself from those things. It's just how I've decided to live my life.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yep called it, a Christian weirdo. I can guarantee they spend the rest of their time supporting anti-trans laws, and going to Trump rallies.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

yeah, every game that I've played that's had sex scenes in it was greatly enhanced by them, in fact, I think taking them out would straight up ruin the games they're in. side note, I invented a controller you only have to use 1 hand with, it's pretty slick.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
ooahdahdhahdjahdaj

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What do they mean by soul of a PS2 game? Is anyone at Polygon even old enough to have played PS2 games?

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

I don't care about any of that, I need to protect my eternal soul from satanic content in my violent fantasy game. Any media that does not respect my sanctity shall be excommunicated. They can laugh all they want, but the heathens won't be enjoying their sinful media in hell. :mad:

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

I said come in! posted:

What do they mean by soul of a PS2 game? Is anyone at Polygon even old enough to have played PS2 games?

means its gonna fuckjing own, is what that means. certified banger. year of japanese rpgs.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

The original Devil May Cry was a PS2 game so I'm hoping that 16 can also fill my dark soul with light.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

my guess is they're trying to harken back to a time they believe the current fanbase feels was the last time single player ff was good.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I really like the idea of this "Active Time Lore" thing

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

drat kids! :argh:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Tekne posted:

dominant of Incelius

lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Something i'm not seeing people bring up, but the preview builds that game press got to play had frame rate issues. These will hopefully be fixed for launch. In performance mode though it tries to target 60fps, but really struggles to get there, it dips really hard according to Easy Allies.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
According to the Takai GameInformer interview, they aren’t even working on a Day 1 patch lol. They’re that confident the game is solid out the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm just sort of use to it at this point, bad performance on current gen consoles seems to be standard for whatever reason. And then its gotten to the point where PC ports of AAA games are never worth buying anymore.